Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Safari Ltd 227729 Jaguar: A walkaround by kikimalou

Go down 
+16
ken yeo
shadoweon
MartinH
SUSANNE
signatus
scot(t)
lucky luke
Anasta SchwarzeWölfin
Roger
Florian
costicuba
NightLioness
Ana
Kikimalou
donny ong
widukind
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

The Safari Ltd 227729 Jaguar: A walkaround by kikimalou Empty
PostSubject: The Safari Ltd 227729 Jaguar: A walkaround by kikimalou   The Safari Ltd 227729 Jaguar: A walkaround by kikimalou EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 9:05 am

So, here is a new model of the American tiger: Mr. Jaguar itself.

Despite it is the third-largest feline after the tiger and the lion, and the biggest in the Western Hemisphere, this animal is the less produced of the big cats. Even the clouded (Snow) leopard have more models... Maybe because it is too closed to the leopard, it was probably the right answer for vintage brands.

Nevertheless Safari Ltd is the champion brand for jaguar with at least 5 big models, without counting the toob size's ones. I guess we should expect this from an american company.

So what about the 2015 newcomer? Far from Papo miss, this one is on the accurate side of the world, bulky body, short tail, short and stocky limbs... and the pose exquisitely suggest how powerful is this animal drunken

A few pics? Very Happy

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

With the Schleich jaguar Wink

Last edited by Kikimalou on Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:02 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: The Safari Ltd 227729 Jaguar: A walkaround by kikimalou   The Safari Ltd 227729 Jaguar: A walkaround by kikimalou EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 9:14 am

A beautiful cat :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: The Safari Ltd 227729 Jaguar: A walkaround by kikimalou   The Safari Ltd 227729 Jaguar: A walkaround by kikimalou EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 9:29 am

Thanks Andreas, it is a very brave sentence... For a tapir Laughing
Back to top Go down
donny ong

Country/State : indonesia

PostSubject: Re: The Safari Ltd 227729 Jaguar: A walkaround by kikimalou   The Safari Ltd 227729 Jaguar: A walkaround by kikimalou EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 9:35 am

Thanks Christophe. Beautiful photos. And beautiful figurine. I want it.

Back to top Go down
costicuba

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: The Safari Ltd 227729 Jaguar: A walkaround by kikimalou   The Safari Ltd 227729 Jaguar: A walkaround by kikimalou EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 9:37 am

Kikimalou wrote:
Thanks Andreas, it is a very brave sentence... For a tapir Laughing

Laughing Laughing lol!
Great photos Kiki :)
I also have this nice jaguar thank`s to our wonderful friend Susanne :)
And I wanted to show photos of him, together with the old Safari model of jaguar... will be interesting for us , to see how similar with the posture they are.... So I made 2-3 photos and I wanted to ask you...Can I put these photos here, in nice topic..or is better for you to show them somewhere else ? :)

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: The Safari Ltd 227729 Jaguar: A walkaround by kikimalou   The Safari Ltd 227729 Jaguar: A walkaround by kikimalou EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 10:01 am

Feel free to post pics where you want Kosta cheers You don't need to ask, I opened this topic, it doesn't mean I am the owner Wink
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: The Safari Ltd 227729 Jaguar: A walkaround by kikimalou   The Safari Ltd 227729 Jaguar: A walkaround by kikimalou EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 10:19 am

Wonderful photos as alway !
Thankyou, Christophe cheers

costicuba wrote:

..... I wanted to show photos of him, together with the old Safari model of jaguar... will be interesting for us , to see how similar with the posture they are.... So I made 2-3 photos and I wanted to ask you...Can I put these photos here, in nice topic..or is better for you to show them somewhere else ? :)

Much better to keep them together for further reference bounce bounce Very Happy
I can't wait to see your pictures cat cat Very Happy

Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: The Safari Ltd 227729 Jaguar: A walkaround by kikimalou   The Safari Ltd 227729 Jaguar: A walkaround by kikimalou EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 10:27 am

Thank you Donny and Susanne cheers

Last edited by Kikimalou on Wed Mar 11, 2015 7:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: The Safari Ltd 227729 Jaguar: A walkaround by kikimalou   The Safari Ltd 227729 Jaguar: A walkaround by kikimalou EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 10:45 am

Beautiful jaguar. I love the walking pose and I think proportions are good enough. I still have slight preference for Schleich one, maybe it's kind of sentiment for this one or so? Laughing

Fantastic photos too, what a great colour of background to show majesty of that beautiful royal wild cat king Very Happy cheers

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
costicuba

costicuba

PostSubject: Re: The Safari Ltd 227729 Jaguar: A walkaround by kikimalou   The Safari Ltd 227729 Jaguar: A walkaround by kikimalou EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 11:36 am

cheers Thank you Kiki and Susanne :)

Ana wrote:

Fantastic photos too, what a great colour of background to show majesty of that beautiful royal wild cat king   Very Happy cheers

Yes, I need to say that : Kiki, you have a wonderful sence of colors.
Every time, You choose the perfect color of background for every model.
I don`t know , do you do it on purpose, or You just feel it...but I see that:
When a model has some color like accent, You use similar color for bachground...and like this, the model stands out more .. and also
all colors are more in harmony :)
Here for example, the color of the spots it`s similar with the color of the background...
I see that very often in your great photos Applause
Back to top Go down
NightLioness
NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: The Safari Ltd 227729 Jaguar: A walkaround by kikimalou   The Safari Ltd 227729 Jaguar: A walkaround by kikimalou EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 11:56 am

I need this one, badly bounce bounce
I thought it would be way bigger than the Schleich one, but he is just perfect!
Thank you so much for the walkaround Kiki flower

costicuba

PostSubject: Re: The Safari Ltd 227729 Jaguar: A walkaround by kikimalou   The Safari Ltd 227729 Jaguar: A walkaround by kikimalou EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 11:58 am

So, my photos are far from the Kiki`s great photos..but I would like to show 3.
Comparison with the old model of Safari Jaguar :

The posture is quite similar...of course, the new one is far more better with anatomy, proportions, texture and paint job.. :)

Florian

Country/State : Belgium , Plateau de Herve

PostSubject: Re: The Safari Ltd 227729 Jaguar: A walkaround by kikimalou   The Safari Ltd 227729 Jaguar: A walkaround by kikimalou EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 3:39 pm

C'est sûr que c'est une très belle pièce Christophe Very Happy

Congrats for this masterpiece cheers cheers

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: The Safari Ltd 227729 Jaguar: A walkaround by kikimalou   The Safari Ltd 227729 Jaguar: A walkaround by kikimalou EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 3:44 pm

Christophe, thanks again for another fantastic walk around and Kosta for additional and useful comparison pictures! Very Happy
I need always to prevent collecting too many figures of the same species and my jaguar is the Schleich one. I confess I like very much that last from Safari but maybe it is not such a big improvement over the Schleich figure and that is the only reason why I am not considering to get this wonderful figure.
About your presentation, I think you mean leopard and not clouded leopard. Jaguars are much more usual in toy shape than clouded leopards, though, less common than leopards. I think there are two main reasons why it happens. First is that jaguar painting is more complex and represents a bigger effort in terms of manufacturing, then, leopards are more popular animals once they are common in African fauna that is by far the more popular fauna of the world. Very Happy

Anasta SchwarzeWölfin

Country/State : Russia

PostSubject: Re: The Safari Ltd 227729 Jaguar: A walkaround by kikimalou   The Safari Ltd 227729 Jaguar: A walkaround by kikimalou EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 6:14 pm

Thank you, Kiki and Kosta! cheers
I think Roger lose the opportunity to get such wonderful jaguar. Schleich's one is very nice and close to original anatomy but there is something wrong in this one (ok, there is no an ideal among figurines), since Safari is enough dinamic and well painted (especialy for Safari).
So, Safari's jaguar is too orange, but... I LIKE HIM SO MUCH. One way — my wishlist. I hope he will be available in Russia.

'Til then I walk alone.

Back to top Go down
http://schwarzwolfin.deviantart.com/
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: The Safari Ltd 227729 Jaguar: A walkaround by kikimalou   The Safari Ltd 227729 Jaguar: A walkaround by kikimalou EmptyWed Mar 11, 2015 8:42 am

@ Anna and Rogério: The Schleich jaguar is a very nice thing but IMHO the Safari Ltd one is far superior. The body and head proportions, the pose are really serious on this one, it is obvious when you have the two models in hand. I’m sorry I didn’t make enough comparison pics to show this. I will try to do something. Sleep

@ Anna and Kosta: Such compliments on the background are dangerous things indeed. it means I need to be up to it. Nevertheless, thank you Very Happy

@Karin: Go for it bounce

@ Kosta: Thank you for the comparison pics. Could we hope you will repaint it one day Wink

@ Florian: Merci beaucoup cheers

@ Roger: About the leopard thing, I fumbled, I was talking about the Snow leopard. Laughing

@ Anasta: I hope you will have one soon Very Happy
Back to top Go down
costicuba

costicuba

PostSubject: Re: The Safari Ltd 227729 Jaguar: A walkaround by kikimalou   The Safari Ltd 227729 Jaguar: A walkaround by kikimalou EmptyWed Mar 11, 2015 3:07 pm

I agree with Kiki, the Shleich jaguar is nice, but the Safari jaguar is looking more realistic.
My opinion is, the Safari one, has better anatomy, better details.. texture and very nice posture.
And yes, I`ll repaint him for shure. The model has a lot of potencial, but the paint job dasn`t help so much for us, to see this easily..
Kiki, don`t worry Laughing , your backgrounds are everytime wonderful..you are up to it, without pushing yourself . I`m a fan of your photos and taste of colors Wink
Back to top Go down
lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: The Safari Ltd 227729 Jaguar: A walkaround by kikimalou   The Safari Ltd 227729 Jaguar: A walkaround by kikimalou EmptyWed Mar 11, 2015 7:03 pm

Christophe thank you very much for this comparison of these two jaguar! Very Happy drunken
Beautiful presentation! Applause Applause Applause
Beautiful model Safari Ltd, just a shame that the claws are not better painted, Mad
but can still improve .... Wink
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: The Safari Ltd 227729 Jaguar: A walkaround by kikimalou   The Safari Ltd 227729 Jaguar: A walkaround by kikimalou EmptyWed Mar 11, 2015 9:13 pm

Thank you Jean-Luc, I think it is really a great sculpt. Safari Ltd is able to do the best, I like very much when this brand is in that mood Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: The Safari Ltd 227729 Jaguar: A walkaround by kikimalou   The Safari Ltd 227729 Jaguar: A walkaround by kikimalou EmptyWed Mar 11, 2015 10:59 pm

costicuba wrote:

Comparison with the old model of Safari Jaguar :

The posture is quite similar...of course, the new one is far more better with anatomy, proportions, texture and paint job.. :)

Very interesting comparison, Kosta ! Thankyou  cheers

Funny ! I never noticed before,  that the spots of the old one are so  is stylished Shocked
But I like them both, - the old one has done the best he could for several years cat Laughing

costicuba

costicuba

PostSubject: Re: The Safari Ltd 227729 Jaguar: A walkaround by kikimalou   The Safari Ltd 227729 Jaguar: A walkaround by kikimalou EmptyWed Mar 11, 2015 11:03 pm

Thank you Susanne...and I forgot to say...I have these two models from you cheers
Thank you sunny

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: The Safari Ltd 227729 Jaguar: A walkaround by kikimalou   The Safari Ltd 227729 Jaguar: A walkaround by kikimalou EmptyThu Mar 12, 2015 8:34 am

cheers cheers cheers

scot(t)

scot(t)

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: The Safari Ltd 227729 Jaguar: A walkaround by kikimalou   The Safari Ltd 227729 Jaguar: A walkaround by kikimalou EmptyThu Mar 12, 2015 9:38 am

Wonderful Walkaround Christophe! Really lovely.

I'm a very big fan of this new Safari Jaguar -- I have it myself. However, as good as I think it is, I'm also (like Anna and some others) inclined to favor the old Schleich. It's a beautiful figure.

Back to top Go down
signatus

signatus

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: The Safari Ltd 227729 Jaguar: A walkaround by kikimalou   The Safari Ltd 227729 Jaguar: A walkaround by kikimalou EmptyThu Mar 12, 2015 11:46 am

Wow!. I really like the new figure of Safari, even more than the figure of Schleich was my favorite so far. Congratulations on the photos Christophe !!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Likaon - Wildlife Models Shop [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
My homemade models : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://signatustudio.com
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: The Safari Ltd 227729 Jaguar: A walkaround by kikimalou   The Safari Ltd 227729 Jaguar: A walkaround by kikimalou EmptyThu Mar 12, 2015 4:23 pm

I agree with you Scott, the Schleich jaguar is a beautiful thing. Very Happy

I agree with you Miguel, I prefer the new Safari Ltd one Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Safari Ltd 227729 Jaguar: A walkaround by kikimalou   The Safari Ltd 227729 Jaguar: A walkaround by kikimalou Empty

Back to top Go down

The Safari Ltd 227729 Jaguar: A walkaround by kikimalou
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next