Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

pipsxlch's additions 05/17

Go down 
+14
Night Elf
Dum_my
Saarlooswolfhound
Wilorvise
Roger
Anasta SchwarzeWölfin
widukind
LeeAnn
pipsxlch
NightLioness
costicuba
sauroid
Kikimalou
SUSANNE
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

pipsxlch's additions 05/17 Empty
PostSubject: pipsxlch's additions 05/17   pipsxlch's additions 05/17 EmptySat Mar 14, 2015 2:14 pm

Well, my collection of goldfish is off to its start, here's what I have so far:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

There are a few on their way, so hopefully it'll look better soon.

I found some of my 16 year old's old toys, and one of my old Jurassic Park models. These will all be looking for new homes (though I do like the Border collie sigh). There should be plenty more if I can find them. She doesn't have a collector's soul and doesn't want them.

Plus a scary old bronze clown. He would do much better elsewhere.

Last edited by pipsxlch on Fri May 12, 2017 2:19 pm; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: pipsxlch's additions 05/17   pipsxlch's additions 05/17 EmptySat Mar 14, 2015 2:36 pm

It is great to see what you really collect. Very Happy
I find particularly interesting these collections narrowed to a specific animal or group of animals. Thanks for sharing! Very Happy

Anasta SchwarzeWölfin

Country/State : Russia

PostSubject: Re: pipsxlch's additions 05/17   pipsxlch's additions 05/17 EmptySat Mar 14, 2015 6:14 pm

Maybe your collection isn't big like another's forumer collection, but yours one is very nice. I always enjoy when I see something like that on forumrs, or by sellers on eBay — it's so interesting to see a little collection, where you can find so many absolutely different things. And It's so good that you store them 15 years and more.
Thank you for sharing!

'Til then I walk alone.

Back to top Go down
http://schwarzwolfin.deviantart.com/
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: pipsxlch's additions 05/17   pipsxlch's additions 05/17 EmptySat Mar 14, 2015 8:02 pm

A beautiful collection!!

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: pipsxlch's additions 05/17   pipsxlch's additions 05/17 EmptySat Mar 14, 2015 9:06 pm

Nice fishes cheers

I spot a couple of rarities in the toys of your daughter, - the mountain lion I think is from Breyer and very popular among collectors, - unfortunately it looks like he has  a broken ear ?
The goat kid and the calf look like the old ones from Schleich ?

BTW, do you know that we have a place here, called market place [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] in case you want more people to see what you want to part with Very Happy

NightLioness
NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: pipsxlch's additions 05/17   pipsxlch's additions 05/17 EmptySat Mar 14, 2015 10:05 pm

Oh a Border Collie! Very Happy Hehe, I understand why you like it Wink :3 Do you know a brand of it?
Nice goldfish! Very Happy You are on a really good start with them!

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: pipsxlch's additions 05/17   pipsxlch's additions 05/17 EmptySun Mar 15, 2015 12:20 am

SUSANNE wrote:
Nice fishes cheers

I spot a couple of rarities in the toys of your daughter, - the mountain lion I think is from Breyer and very popular among collectors, - unfortunately it looks like he has  a broken ear ?

Congrats for these nice models of fish :)
yeah...my eyes ckached immediately the Breyer cougar..I realy like that model..and I`m surching for him..
but your, look`s like he had a fight with the crocodile maybe.. Laughing .. and left without one ear.. little bully .. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Anasta SchwarzeWölfin

Anasta SchwarzeWölfin

PostSubject: Re: pipsxlch's additions 05/17   pipsxlch's additions 05/17 EmptySun Mar 15, 2015 12:46 am

costicuba wrote:
SUSANNE wrote:
Nice fishes cheers

yeah...my eyes ckached immediately the Breyer cougar..I realy like that model..and I`m surching for him..
but your, look`s like he had a fight with the crocodile maybe.. Laughing .. and left without one ear.. little bully .. Very Happy
I costantly see him on eBay... More than 3 each time indeed. So good luck, Kosta! Wink
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: pipsxlch's additions 05/17   pipsxlch's additions 05/17 EmptySun Mar 15, 2015 1:04 am

The good thing with a collection is it doesn't need to be huge to be great. Congratulation, I wish you will find more goldfishes and share your pics and joy with us Very Happy
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: pipsxlch's additions 05/17   pipsxlch's additions 05/17 EmptySun Mar 15, 2015 3:29 am

Great collection cheers

sauroid

Country/State : usa

PostSubject: Re: pipsxlch's additions 05/17   pipsxlch's additions 05/17 EmptySun Mar 15, 2015 6:27 am

Hi. very nice collection!
Back to top Go down
costicuba

costicuba

PostSubject: Re: pipsxlch's additions 05/17   pipsxlch's additions 05/17 EmptySun Mar 15, 2015 11:40 am

Anasta SchwarzeWölfin wrote:
costicuba wrote:
SUSANNE wrote:
Nice fishes cheers

I costantly see him on eBay... More than 3 each time indeed. So good luck, Kosta! Wink

Thank you Anasta sunny
Yes, me to, but every time it`s from USA..and the shipping is either too much..or they don`t shipp to Bulgaria.. Suspect
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: pipsxlch's additions 05/17   pipsxlch's additions 05/17 EmptySun Mar 15, 2015 11:46 am

costicuba wrote:
SUSANNE wrote:
Nice fishes cheers

Yahh, now fault is mine. Evil or Very Mad Laughing Wink
I really hope you can find that puma, you'll love it! bounce

costicuba

PostSubject: Re: pipsxlch's additions 05/17   pipsxlch's additions 05/17 EmptySun Mar 15, 2015 11:52 am

Roger wrote:
costicuba wrote:
SUSANNE wrote:
Nice fishes cheers

Yahh, now fault is mine. Evil or Very Mad Laughing Wink
I really hope you can find that puma, you'll love it! bounce

Hahaha , yeah, Roger, it seems that you won the fingt Laughing Thank you..I hope too :)

costicuba

PostSubject: Re: pipsxlch's additions 05/17   pipsxlch's additions 05/17 EmptySun Mar 15, 2015 11:54 am

pipsxlch wrote:

Plus a scary old bronze clown. He would do much better elsewhere.

Pipsxlch, I think this clown isn`t scary.. :) Actually is very nice and cute Wink

pipsxlch

PostSubject: Re: pipsxlch's additions 05/17   pipsxlch's additions 05/17 EmptySun Mar 15, 2015 1:06 pm

Wow, go to sleep and come back to lots! Thanks, and thanks for liking my little fish school!

Clowns always made me nervous, Kosta, so poor guy never had a chance. I found him actually, went to a used book warehouse sale in an old industrial part of town, and he was in the dirt of the vacant lot where I parked. I'm a pack rat enough I wasn't going to leave him there.

The cougar does have a badly chipped ear- it's there but ragged. Looks like the gator made a try at him. If you'd really want him, I can get a quote to Bulgaria on shipping. You can make a decision and if you want a quote after. I do have feedback on eBay under pipsxlch.

Karin, the Border collie doesn't have a brand, just 'Made in China'. I do like him, even if he does look more like show type than working.

Susanne, the goat kid, calf and piglet are Schleich. I think there are more of them somewhere. I have some old boxes to check. I bought her TONS of dinos. The alligator and shark are Safari, the rest brandless. My daughter has no interest in my keeping any of her old toys I saved, even for her own possible future kids. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
NightLioness
NightLioness

PostSubject: Re: pipsxlch's additions 05/17   pipsxlch's additions 05/17 EmptySun Mar 15, 2015 10:22 pm

pipsxlch wrote:

Karin, the Border collie doesn't have a brand, just 'Made in China'. I do like him, even if he does look more like show type than working.

He does indeed. Do you have a Border Collie as a pet?

Anasta SchwarzeWölfin

PostSubject: Re: pipsxlch's additions 05/17   pipsxlch's additions 05/17 EmptyMon Mar 16, 2015 2:07 am

costicuba wrote:
Anasta SchwarzeWölfin wrote:
costicuba wrote:
SUSANNE wrote:
Nice fishes cheers

Thank you Anasta sunny
Yes, me to, but every time it`s from USA..and the shipping is either too much..or they don`t shipp to Bulgaria.. Suspect
The same about many, many, MANY animals :/
Once, after talking between and seller, the seller started to ship figurines to Russia again, but with a crazy shipping cost. It was AAA wolves's seller... Sometimes life is a big pain XD
Back to top Go down
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

PostSubject: Re: pipsxlch's additions 05/17   pipsxlch's additions 05/17 EmptyMon Mar 16, 2015 3:16 pm

Karin, I have Australian Shepherds, so cousins! For so long when they were 'just' ranch dogs, nothing could be found of them, so I did get some Border Collie things. Similar job, similar mind, similar appearance!

Anasta (and Kosta), I don't mind getting things available over here and shipping them overseas, but yes the postage can be insane. To ship a small flat rate box overseas is almost $80USD! I'm not aware of the rates 'slow boat' at the moment for small light things; it's been years since my daughter was into My Little Ponies which I traded overseas. My main collectible is a line of heavy fragile statuary, and they are often $50+ to ship international for smallish ones.
I can always try to find something I own of similar size/weight and get a quote before you commit me to buy one.

It seems that a good purpose (besides identification and sharing) for forums like this can be to help people find things unavailable in their area, and help your online friends to get them. That is something we've done on other forums I've been on where possible.
Back to top Go down
costicuba

costicuba

PostSubject: Re: pipsxlch's additions 05/17   pipsxlch's additions 05/17 EmptyMon Mar 16, 2015 4:09 pm

Thank you for the support Pipsxlch :), but yes, the problem is the prize of the shippment from USA to Europe...or Russia :)

NightLioness

PostSubject: Re: pipsxlch's additions 05/17   pipsxlch's additions 05/17 EmptyMon Mar 16, 2015 10:11 pm

Aussies! Very Happy cheers They look indeed so similar, I once was mistaken to call a dog in the neighborhood a BC when it was a Aussie XD I have a BC myself, and have a BC model collection. Schleich made a Aussie last year, maybe something for you?

Anasta SchwarzeWölfin

PostSubject: Re: pipsxlch's additions 05/17   pipsxlch's additions 05/17 EmptyTue Mar 17, 2015 12:16 am

pipsxlch, it's so weird when you see two similar (or the same) items, but one has shipping cost 3$ and another 30$ and more. I don't undertand how post offices are working.
Thank you for your words Very Happy

'Til then I walk alone.

Back to top Go down
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

PostSubject: Re: pipsxlch's additions 05/17   pipsxlch's additions 05/17 EmptyTue Mar 17, 2015 2:37 pm

Kosta, is there a difference to your knowledge in shipping from the US to Western Europe as opposed to East Europe? Wonder if it might be feasible to ship via intermediaries. Or to try and pool people buying/trading stuff from one person, they send to someone in the pool who then forwards items to their respective new homes.

Anasta, I stopped by one of my nearby Targets today- they didn't have the wolf except a tiny one in a set. I will try to make it to the other nearby one tomorrow, if no luck I do plan on visiting an out of town relative next week. I saw the size/weight of the Battat pieces and can try and get a quote with a similar one of mine. The shipping IS crazy; I think some vendors try and hide profits in 'handling charges'. I have gotten different quotes from different post offices on the same box, but a $27 dollar difference would be nuts!

Karin- yes similar! I have had my dogs called BCs before. (and Dalmatians, because they're spotted as most have been merles... scratch No )
I found the little red merle Schleich last year at Walmart and got her. She's in my curio with the other Aussie things. I AM tempted to put the little BC there too. Laughing
Back to top Go down
costicuba

costicuba

PostSubject: Re: pipsxlch's additions 05/17   pipsxlch's additions 05/17 EmptyTue Mar 17, 2015 2:57 pm

Hmm, sometimes I see, that some sellers from US in Ebay , don`t shipp to Bulgaria...but I don`t know if they shipp to Europe at all... I realy don`t have an experience with baying from US..
so I can`t give you a good answer..Sorry. :)

NightLioness

PostSubject: Re: pipsxlch's additions 05/17   pipsxlch's additions 05/17 EmptyTue Mar 17, 2015 9:57 pm

pipsxlch wrote:
Karin- yes similar! I have had my dogs called BCs before. (and Dalmatians, because they're spotted as most have been merles... scratch No  )
I found the little red merle Schleich last year at Walmart and got her. She's in my curio with the other Aussie things. I AM tempted to put the little BC there too. Laughing

Dalmatians, that is a new one o.0 XD When Gaell (my dog) was still a fluffy puppyball, he got several different names, but Keeshond (Dutch breed, small dog) was the most surprising one Laughing
Why not? I saw a better photo of the little BC dog, and it is more adorable then I thought bounce cheers  I would do it Wink Can't hurt right? And gone is gone. You can always change you mind about it. Just put him there, see it for a few days and then decide if he stays or not.
I know a good place for him, on my shelf Razz

PostSubject: Re: pipsxlch's additions 05/17   pipsxlch's additions 05/17 Empty

Back to top Go down

pipsxlch's additions 05/17
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next