Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

pipsxlch's additions 05/17

Go down 
+14
Night Elf
Dum_my
Saarlooswolfhound
Wilorvise
Roger
Anasta SchwarzeWölfin
widukind
LeeAnn
pipsxlch
NightLioness
costicuba
sauroid
Kikimalou
SUSANNE
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

pipsxlch's additions 05/17 - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: pipsxlch's additions 05/17   pipsxlch's additions 05/17 - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 17, 2017 11:08 am

Yes, a very nice pair :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: pipsxlch's additions 05/17   pipsxlch's additions 05/17 - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 17, 2017 11:19 am

A truely wonderful gift cheers

It is a beautyful fish , and they look so cute together drunken

pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: pipsxlch's additions 05/17   pipsxlch's additions 05/17 - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 18, 2017 3:09 am

Yes, wasn't it though? cheers

Roger, at a guess, it is supposed to be a killifish, one of the annuals most likely- they have some wild colors and patterns, and I believe they were fairly popular aquarium fish in Europe in the '60s.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: pipsxlch's additions 05/17   pipsxlch's additions 05/17 - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 19, 2017 4:14 pm

pipsxlch wrote:
Yes, wasn't it though? cheers

Roger, at a guess, it is supposed to be a killifish, one of the annuals most likely- they have some wild colors and patterns, and I believe they were fairly popular aquarium fish in Europe in the '60s.

Maybe you're right! Thanks! Very Happy

Night Elf

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: pipsxlch's additions 05/17   pipsxlch's additions 05/17 - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 20, 2017 2:45 am

How cute! He does go very nicely with the pup fish (and I really love the Yowie fish, hope they keep making new species). What a great find. cheers

pipsxlch

pipsxlch

PostSubject: Re: pipsxlch's additions 05/17   pipsxlch's additions 05/17 - Page 4 EmptyMon May 01, 2017 4:18 am

Got a few things at a flea market last weekend and a couple thrift stores:

Assortment of makes- Safari, Schleich, a PV frog, a couple Treehouse Kids Labrador retreivers, a bunch of Hong Kong figures (haven't seen those since I was a kid!), others I don't remember offhand and no-name makes, plus a few makes I'm unfamiliar with.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Edit to add this no name (not even China) but cool jointed guy, has lower jaw flips down too

This Holstein is stamped just 'Kerry'. Stablemate horse sized.

This horse (Stablemate sized, and a decent looking figure) is stamped 'Marchon Inc 1993 China'.

This Breyer Family Arabian Stallion knockoff is Stablemate sized, marked 'Nylint'. Don't they make model trucks? If so I suppose this guy was an accessory to a truck/trailer set.

And finally, a Breyer woodie! I will probably try to sell him, but am enjoying him first.

Hope everyone else had equally good luck!
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: pipsxlch's additions 05/17   pipsxlch's additions 05/17 - Page 4 EmptyMon May 01, 2017 11:38 am

Great catches :) What brand is the rattle snake ?

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: pipsxlch's additions 05/17   pipsxlch's additions 05/17 - Page 4 EmptyMon May 01, 2017 2:36 pm

Fantastic additions and a lot to find out! Thanks for providing what is marked, USA toy industry is quite rich, mainly during 1990's but we are not very well documented about them.
Your decent horse marked Marchon is a Grand Champions figure, please [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and you can find more info through links provided on it.
You can also find on TAI some info about Nylint although it is quite poor yet.
The friendly looking creature Laughing looks somewhat like these therapsid protomammals,, surely an action figure like those JP, Sean maybe knows about it. study
Others are much probably complements to vehicle sets but we need to find more about that. Wonderful Breyer horse too! Very Happy

barracudacat

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: pipsxlch's additions 05/17   pipsxlch's additions 05/17 - Page 4 EmptyTue May 02, 2017 6:40 pm

Wow! This is a very nice set of figures. Congratulations!

I think your creature with the articulated legs and jaw is a Dicynodont, which is a therapsid as Roger correctly pointed out. I couldn't tell you the name of the company, or the exact species, but it is a really cool and unique figure.

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: pipsxlch's additions 05/17   pipsxlch's additions 05/17 - Page 4 EmptyTue May 02, 2017 10:15 pm

The cow looks like a copy of a new ray cow. Smile

pipsxlch

PostSubject: Re: pipsxlch's additions 05/17   pipsxlch's additions 05/17 - Page 4 EmptyWed May 03, 2017 3:25 am

barracudacat wrote:
Wow!  This is a very nice set of figures.  Congratulations!

I think your creature with the articulated legs and jaw is a Dicynodont, which is a therapsid as Roger correctly pointed out.  I couldn't tell you the name of the company, or the exact species, but it is a really cool and unique figure.

Thanks! After some scrubbing, I found '2005 Unimax' on an inner leg. I like him whatever the case!

Andreas, there is no mark- not even China- on the rattlesnake that I can see. my eyes are bad though.

You're probably right, Taylor. I figure a great many of these oddball figures are probably accessories to vehicle or action hero sets.

Roger, are there any figures you're curious to know about? Let's see, the kangaroo is Topps, there are a couple U.S. Yowies Series 1, the small sharks are SeaWorld...

After seeing a photo in the Search forum, I'm wondering about one of my Hong Kong finds. It is marked just 'Made in Hong Kong' on the recessed bottom. Could this be an Azur? It's a stretch, but not impossible- I live near Disney, and we get a lot of international visitors and immigrants here.
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: pipsxlch's additions 05/17   pipsxlch's additions 05/17 - Page 4 EmptyWed May 03, 2017 5:29 am

Yes it could be Azur. But i believe that figurines was sold by different names, like Nayab today. And thank you for the answer :)

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: pipsxlch's additions 05/17   pipsxlch's additions 05/17 - Page 4 EmptyWed May 03, 2017 11:13 am

With markings life is easier! Laughing
Your dino is from some action figure sets called Dino Warriors released by Unimax in 2005.
The creatures represented apparently are not based in real prehistoric creatures but the figure you are presenting is usually identified as a Dinodontosaurus by collector communities. I will check later other figures and see what could be of use for TAI but, meanwhile, if you spot anything missing there, just let us know. Very Happy

pipsxlch

PostSubject: Re: pipsxlch's additions 05/17   pipsxlch's additions 05/17 - Page 4 EmptySat May 13, 2017 3:30 am

I liked the looks of one of the new Schleich dragons in a catalogue I saw, but didn't find any locally. So I bought it from H&H Winner's Circle after seeing them post it on sale. I thought it might get hungry on the trip, so I bought a AAA flying fish to go with it, what better food for aquatic dragons than flying fish? Here is the diving dragon!

Next weekend, my sister and I will be going to a huge international orchid show in South Florida. When we went 2 years ago, we also visited a big flea market that proved to have a lot of toys. I really shouldn't buy more orchids (looks like I'm going to have to move soon and I already have around 100), so I'm looking forward to hitting that flea market. I hope to have lots to show in a couple weeks.
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: pipsxlch's additions 05/17   pipsxlch's additions 05/17 - Page 4 EmptySat May 13, 2017 8:39 am

Nice figurines again :), especially the fish

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: pipsxlch's additions 05/17   pipsxlch's additions 05/17 - Page 4 EmptySat May 13, 2017 11:06 pm

I think it was a very good idea to get a flying fish to your dragon. Very Happy A dragonfish and a dragonfly would surely enrich the cast. Very Happy
Be aware to not get too much orchided and please let us know if you find some exciting toys in that flea market. bounce

pipsxlch

PostSubject: Re: pipsxlch's additions 05/17   pipsxlch's additions 05/17 - Page 4 EmptyFri May 26, 2017 5:15 am

Got back from the show and side trip to the Keys Tuesday night- here's my haul (minus an old composition tiger I found at a junk shop, I don't dare handle it much! It can be seen here [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Lots of AAA, along with Safari (makes sense in Miami, no?) and Schleich, a handful of K&M, a couple Seaworlds, and Chinamals I just liked. No Breyers this time! Some I plan on keeping, most would be happy in new homes.
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: pipsxlch's additions 05/17   pipsxlch's additions 05/17 - Page 4 EmptyFri May 26, 2017 8:37 am

Congratulations again :)

Back to top Go down
sauroid

sauroid

Country/State : usa

PostSubject: Re: pipsxlch's additions 05/17   pipsxlch's additions 05/17 - Page 4 EmptyFri May 26, 2017 8:55 am

cool haul, i especially like the two Brachiosaurus and the Smilodon. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: pipsxlch's additions 05/17   pipsxlch's additions 05/17 - Page 4 EmptyFri May 26, 2017 11:49 am

OH, I'd love to grind a little your new additions. You always find so many interesting figures and often some that may help us solving some little toy animal misteries.
Is there any chance that you make closer pictures with brand groups that I can see what you have got in a clearer way?
For example, among many interesting things, I see a bear (under the bongo), this bear, I am almost sure, was presented as a new release on 2004 Wild Republic catalogue for their large figures series. Some of these figures, look just AAA. Could you please check how is that bear marked? Very Happy

NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: pipsxlch's additions 05/17   pipsxlch's additions 05/17 - Page 4 EmptyFri May 26, 2017 11:52 am

Oooh, what a FANTASTIC group! Big congrats!

You got the safari LTD sabertooth tiger I love you

pipsxlch

PostSubject: Re: pipsxlch's additions 05/17   pipsxlch's additions 05/17 - Page 4 EmptySat May 27, 2017 3:16 am

Thanks everyone! I like the brachiosaurs also, and have had the smilodon sitting on my nightstand the past couple nights- he better move on fast or he's in danger of staying. Laughing He might just love the Netherlands after the south Florida heat. Laughing Wink

Roger, I will break things into groups and take better pictures as soon as I get some time. There are also a couple interesting markings (frog over the octopus is 1991 D.M., for instance). In the meanwhile, the bear is indeed marked AAA. Here are a couple pictures of it (bear cub is also AAA).

I looked, but I couldn't find any foxes. Wolves, dingoes, dogs, but no foxes. Sad
Back to top Go down
Takama

Takama

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: pipsxlch's additions 05/17   pipsxlch's additions 05/17 - Page 4 EmptySat May 27, 2017 3:28 am

pipsxlch wrote:
Got a few things at a flea market last weekend and a couple thrift stores:

Edit to add this no name (not even China) but cool jointed guy, has lower jaw flips down too

YOu found one of the Dino Warriors dinos

Which mean its not a real dinosaur.   I boght a couple of these back in 2005, but i lost them to my childhood, and now there very hard to find. However, I dont expect maney people to know what these things reallly are, since the line was not really popular.

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: pipsxlch's additions 05/17   pipsxlch's additions 05/17 - Page 4 EmptySat May 27, 2017 8:48 am

Gosh, - I missed several af your latest vonderful additions Shocked
And that glorious orchid cheers
I am so lazy that I just look at the date for last update Sleep Laughing

The purple starfish, - is it Safari ? We miss a picture of it in TAI ( Item no 277029 near the bottom ). Very Happy

pipsxlch

pipsxlch

PostSubject: Re: pipsxlch's additions 05/17   pipsxlch's additions 05/17 - Page 4 EmptySun May 28, 2017 3:43 am

Thank you, Susanne! The orchid says thanks also, it's still in bloom.

The starfish is indeed stamped 1999 Safari. I will get a picture of it as soon as I can and post it, so that it can be taken for TAI if you wish. I just tried, but my flash makes it look awful and it's dark now. I still have to find time to take better pictures for Roger!

Thanks, Takama! It's a neat figure I think, fantasy or not. I like fantasy too. (at least dragons) I may keep an eye out for the others now.

Hmm, dragonflies and dragonfish, there's a neat idea. I already have a fair China dragonfly, and I think the deep sea Safari toob has a dragonfish, no? I am getting that toob soon.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: pipsxlch's additions 05/17   pipsxlch's additions 05/17 - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

pipsxlch's additions 05/17
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next