Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Papo Howling Wolf 2015 (WITH ANSWER TO RIDDLE)

Go down 
+5
Anasta SchwarzeWölfin
Kikimalou
Wilorvise
SUSANNE
widukind
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Anasta SchwarzeWölfin

Anasta SchwarzeWölfin

Country/State : Russia

Papo Howling Wolf 2015 (WITH ANSWER TO RIDDLE) Empty
PostSubject: Papo Howling Wolf 2015 (WITH ANSWER TO RIDDLE)   Papo Howling Wolf 2015 (WITH ANSWER TO RIDDLE) EmptySat 21 Mar 2015, 13:10

Hi, dear friends!
Now it's time  Twisted Evil  Finally, finally I published almost all of my most important walkrounds and now can share to you this one. I like keep the most pleasant thing to me for a finish.
When Susanne showed us the photo of this one with old Papo wolf, I was upset very much, cause I payed a lot of money to get this wolf from Germany (I just can't wait for selling in Russia). Also Susanne said that she didn't like this wolf very much (I looked her walkaround in Toy animal Wiki) and I payed attention that she was saying «she» about this wolf. I thought I'm blind or did do a reading mistake, but ok. Because, if to think logically, Papo already have a female and cub, so in this year it should be a male.
When I got a parcel, I was glad. But when I looked at wolf... I hoped to my guess about his gender. But... WHERE IS HIS?.. NO! NOOO!!! FEMALE!!! NOOOOO!!!111 I like MALES! Evil or Very Mad
But it's a male for me anyway. His name is Jan (Yan at english pronunciation). I liked him indeed Very Happy
I have a ridle to you: who can find two strong anatomic mistakes in this wolf? exclamation  After your clue, I'll do a detailed answer, with examples.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

For those who was interested in his mouth:
Well, they tried...

Finally!
Despite Jan isn't father in this family in my pack, I'm glad to get all new Papo wolves.

Compare that:
Pay attention for legs and toes.

A compare to Schleich:

Last edited by Anasta SchwarzeWölfin on Mon 23 Mar 2015, 14:05; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://schwarzwolfin.deviantart.com/
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Papo Howling Wolf 2015 (WITH ANSWER TO RIDDLE)   Papo Howling Wolf 2015 (WITH ANSWER TO RIDDLE) EmptySat 21 Mar 2015, 14:08

Thank you very much Anasta, it is a great walkaround and the comparison pics are really useful. cheers

Ok for the game, I will take my chance Wink The paws are not wolf paws and teh shoulder don't exist on this one. Shocked

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Papo Howling Wolf 2015 (WITH ANSWER TO RIDDLE)   Papo Howling Wolf 2015 (WITH ANSWER TO RIDDLE) EmptySat 21 Mar 2015, 15:10

Nice wolf:)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Anasta SchwarzeWölfin

Anasta SchwarzeWölfin

PostSubject: Re: Papo Howling Wolf 2015 (WITH ANSWER TO RIDDLE)   Papo Howling Wolf 2015 (WITH ANSWER TO RIDDLE) EmptySat 21 Mar 2015, 15:44

Kikimalou wrote:
Thank you very much Anasta, it is a great walkaround and the comparison pics are really useful. cheers

Ok for the game, I will take my chance Wink  The paws are not wolf paws and teh shoulder don't exist on this one. Shocked

You're right for a part, but did do one mistake too Wink I won't tell about anatomic mistakes right now, let's give a chance to try another STSers too sunny
Back to top Go down
Anasta SchwarzeWölfin

Anasta SchwarzeWölfin

PostSubject: Re: Papo Howling Wolf 2015 (WITH ANSWER TO RIDDLE)   Papo Howling Wolf 2015 (WITH ANSWER TO RIDDLE) EmptySat 21 Mar 2015, 15:44

widukind wrote:
Nice wolf:)
Thank you, Andreas Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Papo Howling Wolf 2015 (WITH ANSWER TO RIDDLE)   Papo Howling Wolf 2015 (WITH ANSWER TO RIDDLE) EmptySat 21 Mar 2015, 16:34

The other problem is between the mouth and the muzzle?
Back to top Go down
Anasta SchwarzeWölfin

Anasta SchwarzeWölfin

PostSubject: Re: Papo Howling Wolf 2015 (WITH ANSWER TO RIDDLE)   Papo Howling Wolf 2015 (WITH ANSWER TO RIDDLE) EmptySat 21 Mar 2015, 18:29

Kikimalou wrote:
Almost cheers king I have a photo-hint in my walkaround Smile
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Papo Howling Wolf 2015 (WITH ANSWER TO RIDDLE)   Papo Howling Wolf 2015 (WITH ANSWER TO RIDDLE) EmptySat 21 Mar 2015, 19:24

Great walkaround, - even if this model is no match to the other wolves from Papo Very Happy

I agree about the paws and the shoulder.
But mainly the mouth !
If wolves look anything like my gazehounds when they howl, they don't make a "round mouth", they have the whole mouth more open Laughing
Actually I have never seen a canine make such a mouth scratch

Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Papo Howling Wolf 2015 (WITH ANSWER TO RIDDLE)   Papo Howling Wolf 2015 (WITH ANSWER TO RIDDLE) EmptySat 21 Mar 2015, 19:40

Anasta SchwarzeWölfin wrote:
Kikimalou wrote:
Almost cheers king  I have a photo-hint in my walkaround Smile

The last one
Back to top Go down
Anasta SchwarzeWölfin

Anasta SchwarzeWölfin

PostSubject: Re: Papo Howling Wolf 2015 (WITH ANSWER TO RIDDLE)   Papo Howling Wolf 2015 (WITH ANSWER TO RIDDLE) EmptySun 22 Mar 2015, 06:17

SUSANNE wrote:
Great walkaround, - even if this model is no match to the other wolves from Papo Very Happy

I agree about the paws and the shoulder.
But mainly the mouth !
If wolves look anything like my gazehounds when they howl, they don't make a "round mouth", they have the whole mouth more open Laughing
Actually I have never seen a canine make such a mouth scratch
Thank you for your comment, Susanne Very Happy
You and Christophe are close too clue, but couldn't find those mistakes which I'm talking about.
I have not only one photo-hint, so try to look with more attention Suspect
Wolves are very different, straight like humans. And those differences not always are connected to belonging to subspecies. So some wolves can differ by other head and face form, other ones differ by fur (even if to compare two packs, living near to each other) and etc. So don't forget about that.
And when wolves howl, position of their lips is different too. Compare:

About shoulders:

Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Papo Howling Wolf 2015 (WITH ANSWER TO RIDDLE)   Papo Howling Wolf 2015 (WITH ANSWER TO RIDDLE) EmptySun 22 Mar 2015, 06:27

Suspect scratch I'm sorry but I still think the upper lips is wrong, the paws lack digit and the wolf lack real shoulders, it is obvious when I look at you last pics...
Back to top Go down
Anasta SchwarzeWölfin

Anasta SchwarzeWölfin

PostSubject: Re: Papo Howling Wolf 2015 (WITH ANSWER TO RIDDLE)   Papo Howling Wolf 2015 (WITH ANSWER TO RIDDLE) EmptySun 22 Mar 2015, 07:31

Kikimalou wrote:
Suspect scratch   I'm sorry but I still think the upper lips is wrong, the paws lack digit and the wolf lack real shoulders, it is obvious when I look at you last pics...
So you meant the miss of fifth toe? Sorry, Kiki, I have a temperature 38 right now, so I can't think clearly XD You're right about it!
I just thought that maybe you mean something other in paws, when you said that Papo did do the not wolf's paws (Papo have very bad toes at all...)
About lips and shoulders: it's partial nonobservance of anatomy, but not so strong as miss of fifth toe. There is one more strong mistake, which is unforgiven for such brand like Papo. It pulls other violations after it and Papo already did do this mistake in their canidae. This mistake is in head, but not mouth.
Back to top Go down
Anasta SchwarzeWölfin

Anasta SchwarzeWölfin

PostSubject: Re: Papo Howling Wolf 2015 (WITH ANSWER TO RIDDLE)   Papo Howling Wolf 2015 (WITH ANSWER TO RIDDLE) EmptyMon 23 Mar 2015, 14:05

I thought maybe someone else will try to unravel my riddle, but ok.
Well, the first anatomic mistake in this wolf is, as said Christophe, the paws lack digit. Papo didn't do the fifth toe on the front paws of wolf. It is very strong mistake, and if some dog breeds have only 4 toes on front paws, wolves always have 5 toes on their front paws. Even Schleich wolf (1991 year model) hasn't that mistake. By the way, I showed Papo husky here for your looking at her toes: she hasn't fifth toe and her toes look not developped at all.
The second strong anatomic mistake is... wrong skull form. It pulls other violations after it: too big eyes, not natural looking and etc. Wolves (as any canidae at all) have wedge-shaped skull form.
I took a silhouette photo, maybe you will be able to see this mistake more easly. Compare:

His head should look like that:

Examples from the shelves.
Papo already did wrong skull form. I was saying about it in the previous year, but no one remember that.
Let me show you Papo dogs too.
Papo Cassis dog has a PERFECT skull form. She is wonderful dog at all.

And later Papo started make that:
It looks normal at profile, but get a look from up.

I don't know why, but no one hadn't see that on husky:

Over and over, over and over I fall for you © Three Days Grace

Papo walking wolferin has a great skull too.

Remember: if such skull form would be real, canidae don't have 42 tooth, this amount would be LESS. It's so, because tooth just couldn't find room on such jaw. Face muscles would be very frail, the nutrition would be other and etc, etc.  exclamation

Last edited by Anasta SchwarzeWölfin on Tue 24 Mar 2015, 09:48; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Wilorvise

Wilorvise

Country/State : Colorado, USA

PostSubject: Re: Papo Howling Wolf 2015 (WITH ANSWER TO RIDDLE)   Papo Howling Wolf 2015 (WITH ANSWER TO RIDDLE) EmptyMon 23 Mar 2015, 16:41

Thank you for your thorough explanation.

Anasta SchwarzeWölfin

PostSubject: Re: Papo Howling Wolf 2015 (WITH ANSWER TO RIDDLE)   Papo Howling Wolf 2015 (WITH ANSWER TO RIDDLE) EmptyMon 23 Mar 2015, 16:47

Wilorvise wrote:
Thank you for your thorough explanation.
You're welcome Smile
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Papo Howling Wolf 2015 (WITH ANSWER TO RIDDLE)   Papo Howling Wolf 2015 (WITH ANSWER TO RIDDLE) EmptyMon 23 Mar 2015, 17:03

It seems I will asleep tonight less stupid than when I woke up this morning Very Happy

Thank you for these great explanations Anasta Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Anasta SchwarzeWölfin

Anasta SchwarzeWölfin

PostSubject: Re: Papo Howling Wolf 2015 (WITH ANSWER TO RIDDLE)   Papo Howling Wolf 2015 (WITH ANSWER TO RIDDLE) EmptyMon 23 Mar 2015, 17:08

Kikimalou wrote:
It seems I will asleep tonight less stupid than when I woke up this morning Very Happy

Thank you for these great explanations Anasta Very Happy
Thank you for those words, Kiki Very Happy Nice to hear it cheers
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Papo Howling Wolf 2015 (WITH ANSWER TO RIDDLE)   Papo Howling Wolf 2015 (WITH ANSWER TO RIDDLE) EmptyMon 23 Mar 2015, 22:57

Anasta, that is a very interesting topic and I think it is a good challenge that you ask us to try to notice these important mistakes. I tried to find them before reading your reply and I confess I was not able of finding anything more than the paws thing! geek You're very observant and you seem to know canine morphology very well. We read so many topics that it is almost impossible to remember all comments. But be sure that we pay atention to your interesting observations about figures... we appreciate it at STS! cheers

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: Papo Howling Wolf 2015 (WITH ANSWER TO RIDDLE)   Papo Howling Wolf 2015 (WITH ANSWER TO RIDDLE) EmptyTue 24 Mar 2015, 00:36

Roger wrote:
Anasta, that is a very interesting topic and I think it is a good challenge that you ask us to try to notice these important mistakes. I tried to find them before reading your reply and I confess I was not able of finding anything more than the paws thing! geek You're very observant and you seem to know canine morphology very well. We read so many topics that it is almost impossible to remember all comments. But be sure that we pay atention to your interesting observations about figures... we appreciate it at STS! cheers

Absolutely agree :)) For me was the same watching your photos and thying to find mistakes.. :)

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Papo Howling Wolf 2015 (WITH ANSWER TO RIDDLE)   Papo Howling Wolf 2015 (WITH ANSWER TO RIDDLE) EmptyTue 24 Mar 2015, 08:54

Thank you for interesting walk around and comparison Anasta and for sharing here your knowledge!! If I ever will sculpt wolf or a dog I will remember this lesson from you, that's sure! Thank you!!!!! cheers

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Anasta SchwarzeWölfin

Anasta SchwarzeWölfin

PostSubject: Re: Papo Howling Wolf 2015 (WITH ANSWER TO RIDDLE)   Papo Howling Wolf 2015 (WITH ANSWER TO RIDDLE) EmptyTue 24 Mar 2015, 09:46

Thank you, friends! It's no nice to hear that I could help you Very Happy
I have a little bonus for you, check my anatomic explanation out Wink

'Til then I walk alone.

Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Papo Howling Wolf 2015 (WITH ANSWER TO RIDDLE)   Papo Howling Wolf 2015 (WITH ANSWER TO RIDDLE) EmptyTue 24 Mar 2015, 13:12

Yes Applause Will you do the same with the other pics ? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Anasta SchwarzeWölfin

Anasta SchwarzeWölfin

PostSubject: Re: Papo Howling Wolf 2015 (WITH ANSWER TO RIDDLE)   Papo Howling Wolf 2015 (WITH ANSWER TO RIDDLE) EmptyTue 24 Mar 2015, 18:34

Kikimalou wrote:

Yes Applause  Will you do the same with the other pics ? Very Happy
I thought about it Very Happy
But later and not only with Papo wolf Wink
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Papo Howling Wolf 2015 (WITH ANSWER TO RIDDLE)   Papo Howling Wolf 2015 (WITH ANSWER TO RIDDLE) EmptyThu 26 Mar 2015, 13:38

Thank you for the walkaround and detailed explanation of the model's flaws - very helpful cheers

Anasta SchwarzeWölfin

PostSubject: Re: Papo Howling Wolf 2015 (WITH ANSWER TO RIDDLE)   Papo Howling Wolf 2015 (WITH ANSWER TO RIDDLE) EmptyThu 26 Mar 2015, 14:53

LeeAnn wrote:
Thank you for the walkaround and detailed explanation of the model's flaws - very helpful cheers
And thank you for your comment, nice to hear that I could help you Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Papo Howling Wolf 2015 (WITH ANSWER TO RIDDLE)   Papo Howling Wolf 2015 (WITH ANSWER TO RIDDLE) Empty

Back to top Go down

Papo Howling Wolf 2015 (WITH ANSWER TO RIDDLE)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Animal toy figures reviews and discussions :: Major brands :: Papo :: Papo walkarounds and reviews-
Jump to: