Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  
bounce bounce bounce Please check here the incredible line-up of Safari LTD for 2017! bounce bounce bounce

Share | 

Night Elf's New Additions (Schleichs June 19, 2015)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Night Elf

Country/State : USA /// Pacific Northwest

PostSubject: Night Elf's New Additions (Schleichs June 19, 2015)   Thu Mar 26, 2015 3:21 am

I wanted to share some of my new additions that I have been accumulating in the past few months. Some were purchased online and others locally. Smile

My CollectA Fjords: (online)
My favorite Fjord molds for any brand.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

CollectA Dartmoors: (online)
Adorable! The bay has dapples.

Papo Safari Wolf: (Toy store in AK)
I've actually had him quite a while. I recently named him Ghost. I'm such a cornball.  Laughing

CollectA Standardbred, Morgan, and Grazing Donkey Foal: (online)
Beautiful refined faces on the horses, and the donkey's coloring is almost exactly like my own real mini donkey's coloring. Hope they fix the mold's cloven hooves and heels.

Schleich Pandas: (local feed store)
Love the new textures.

Safari Icelandic Horse: (online)
Really impressed with this guy!

Safari Wolf and Turkey: (Hobby Lobby)
Love the super detailed paint job on the turkey. The wolf reminds me of a Breyer wolf I had a while back (Diego).

Schleich Poitou Donkey: (online)
Fairly good donkey model with a few conformation issues, although I'm only picky because I have a real mammoth donkey in my back yard. I might do a "comparison" photo shoot with both of them when the weather improves.  Smile

Schleich Pot Belly Pig: (local feed store)
D'awww, so cute.

More to come! sunny

Last edited by Night Elf on Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:11 am; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Night Elf's New Additions (Schleichs June 19, 2015)   Thu Mar 26, 2015 5:16 am

Congratulations! Nice additions!

Admin

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Night Elf's New Additions (Schleichs June 19, 2015)   Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:11 am

Congratulation, nice adds Very Happy  Papo wolf is Safari Ltd Wink

I hope you will see Poitou donkey's comparison pics.

Night Elf

PostSubject: Re: Night Elf's New Additions (Schleichs June 19, 2015)   Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:44 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Congratulation, nice adds Very Happy  Papo wolf is Safari Ltd Wink

I hope you will see Poitou donkey's comparison pics.

Oops, you are right, he is Safari! Thank you. Laughing

NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: Night Elf's New Additions (Schleichs June 19, 2015)   Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:48 am

Nice new additions cheers
I especially like the CollectA horses, they have so much charm :3

Back to top Go down
http://night-lioness.deviantart.com/
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Night Elf's New Additions (Schleichs June 19, 2015)   Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:50 am

Wonderful models, all of them cheers

Great to see the turkey, he is magnificent !!! And the paintwork in his head is much more nice than it is on mine Wink

Roger
Admin

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Night Elf's New Additions (Schleichs June 19, 2015)   Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:02 pm

Those are great additions and pics! Very Happy thanks for sharing! Very Happy

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Anasta SchwarzeWölfin

Country/State : Russia

PostSubject: Re: Night Elf's New Additions (Schleichs June 19, 2015)   Fri Mar 27, 2015 6:23 pm

Congrats with such nice additions!
Welcome here and thanks for sharing cheers

'Til then I walk alone.

Back to top Go down
http://schwarzwolfin.deviantart.com/
Carola

Country/State : Denmark

PostSubject: Re: Night Elf's New Additions (Schleichs June 19, 2015)   Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:10 pm

Love your photos and those are wonderful models cheers
Very interesting to see the CollectA Morgan colour variant in hand.
The Dartmoor is so cute and that handsome Fjord drunken Looks like yours got a more defined muzzle shading than I have seen elsewhere.

Night Elf

PostSubject: Re: Night Elf's New Additions (Schleichs June 19, 2015)   Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:39 am

Thank you all!

I've noticed some of the Safari animals I see in the store now have more complex painted details than the same ones I bought years ago. It's good to see them stepping up their game.  Smile

Carola, I am so impressed with CollectA's horse sculpts. The morgan reminds me of the Stone Santa Fe Morgan, but more refined.

Tarunyada

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Night Elf's New Additions (Schleichs June 19, 2015)   Sun Mar 29, 2015 12:50 pm

Congratulations with your wonderful additions! cheers I just love that CollectA fjord; still want it for my own collection.

And you named a white wolf Ghost?? You know nothing, Jon Snow!!

http://tarunyada.weebly.com/
LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Night Elf's New Additions (Schleichs June 19, 2015)   Sun Mar 29, 2015 1:58 pm

Congrats Jessica! My Schleich Poitou is actually a pretty good shower - she has 2 NAN cards already! Very Happy

http://mistystarstudios.blogspot.com
Carola

Country/State : Denmark

PostSubject: Re: Night Elf's New Additions (Schleichs June 19, 2015)   Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:44 pm

Carola, I am so impressed with CollectA's horse sculpts. The morgan reminds me of the Stone Santa Fe Morgan, but more refined.

Yes, he actually does Very Happy I think the CollectA Morgan is better than the Stone Santa Fe Rolling Eyes (even though, i have not seen the Santa Fe in person, but judging by photos)

Night Elf

PostSubject: Re: Night Elf's New Additions (Schleichs June 19, 2015)   Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:47 am

Exactly! Laughing I'm almost finished with the books and I can't wait for season 5 to start soon. It would be neat to "have" all the direwolves. My black Safari wolf could be Shaggydog. Laughing

Congrats Jessica! My Schleich Poitou is actually a pretty good shower - she has 2 NAN cards already! Very Happy

Something about the back legs of the Schleich Poitou seemed off to me, but then I realized that my donkey's legs could look that way, too, depending on how she stands. Donkeys are just wonky all around to me I guess. Laughing

Yes, he actually does Very Happy I think the CollectA Morgan is better than the Stone Santa Fe Rolling Eyes (even though, i have not seen the Santa Fe in person, but judging by photos)

I think I actually prefer their original Morgan to the Santa Fe Morgan. Maybe I just like the leaner look. I would love to see him retooled, but he doesn't seem very popular. The CollectA is my favorite Morgan in any brand now, though. Very Happy

Tarunyada

PostSubject: Re: Night Elf's New Additions (Schleichs June 19, 2015)   Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:50 pm

Exactly! Laughing I'm almost finished with the books and I can't wait for season 5 to start soon. It would be neat to "have" all the direwolves. My black Safari wolf could be Shaggydog. Laughing

Hehe! Nice, I haven't read the books yet, but I'm definitely going to! But for now, I can't wait until they air season 5!! And it would be great to have all the direwolves as models indeed Wink

Night Elf

PostSubject: Re: Night Elf's New Additions (Schleichs June 19, 2015)   Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:41 pm

I think it would be neat if one of the companies partnered with the franchise and created Game of Thrones animals. The six direwolves, Ramsey's mastiffs, shadowcats, mammoths, horses (garrons, palfreys, coursers, destriers, chargers, named horses like Bran's Dancer and Daenerys's Silver), war elephants, and of course the dragons!

Night Elf

PostSubject: Re: Night Elf's New Additions (Schleichs June 19, 2015)   Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:01 am

Hello again,

I finally uploaded pictures of some of my new figures. I went a little nuts buying bunnies and cute farm animals before Easter! I wasn't planning on buying so many, but the "squee" factor got to me.

My bunnies:

L to R: Schleich White Hare, Safari Hare, Schleich Grooming Rabbit, Papo Papillon Rabbit

Safari Phoenix Rooster

Schleich Shropshire Lamb

Schleich Dwarf Goat

Schleich Shetland Foal

Schleich Mallards and Ducklings

Safari Gray Wolf

Safari French Bulldog

Tarunyada

PostSubject: Re: Night Elf's New Additions (Schleichs June 19, 2015)   Wed Apr 22, 2015 2:22 pm

Jessica, congratulations with your additions! cheers I really like your hare from Safari Ltd Very Happy And the wolf of course, but I love all wolves <3

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Night Elf's New Additions (Schleichs June 19, 2015)   Wed Apr 22, 2015 2:30 pm

Major squeeee on the bunnies and shetty foal I love you Congratulations! Very Happy I keep wishing the shetty foals weren't so expensive so I could pick up a few to repaint.

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: Night Elf's New Additions (Schleichs June 19, 2015)   Wed Apr 22, 2015 3:39 pm

Congratulations! Nice additions! Very Happy Applause cheers Cool
Back to top Go down
widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Night Elf's New Additions (Schleichs June 19, 2015)   Wed Apr 22, 2015 4:28 pm

Congratulations

PostSubject: Re: Night Elf's New Additions (Schleichs June 19, 2015)   Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:34 pm

Arrhw ! What a beautyful bunny band bounce rabbit rabbit bounce rabbit

That Phoenix Rooster rooster is awesome in several ways, - it is lovely, and a rare breed, - well, the fact that he IS a breed it perhaps the most wonderful cheers
When it comes to breeds of poultry, the manufacturers completely shut down any fantasy they might once have had.
They can make : Rooster, hen and chicken, - white or brown. Full stop . Mad
And there are so many exiting breeds to choose from, - beautyful ones, strange ones, small ones, large ones, weird ones and funny ones Very Happy

Congratulatioons also with the choice of lovely Schleich models Applause

And the Safari French Bulldog is a model we rarely see, - GREAT choices !! All of them  sunny  cheers

Night Elf

PostSubject: Re: Night Elf's New Additions (Schleichs June 19, 2015)   Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:54 pm

Thank you all! Very Happy

I hadn't thought much about the phoenix rooster until I saw him in person, and then I had to have him! Safari has really impressed me with their birds. Lots of detail in the sculpts and the paint jobs. The Safari hare also has a lot of detail and they painted his pads just like the wolves. 

The Safari Frenchie was a very happy surprise. I bought him online and thought he would be the same shade as the hare, but he is lighter and more matte, which I think suits his texture nicely. No painted pads on him, though.

The shetland foal is adorable. I hope they offer him in more colors eventually, perhaps a solid color like the mini shetty foal. I like the mold very much, although I can't recall seeing a horse with such a tall sock by itself, even a paint horse. Has anyone else? The foal has very nice painted detail. They glossed his eyes and muzzle as well.

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Night Elf's New Additions (Schleichs June 19, 2015)   Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:00 pm

There's a famous jumper with the same white leg as the shetty foal, but for the life of me I can't think of his name and I can't find a photo scratch

SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Night Elf's New Additions (Schleichs June 19, 2015)   Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:17 pm

...... although I can't recall seeing a horse with such a tall sock by itself, even a paint horse. Has anyone else? .......

I haven't see anything like that before either scratch
He could be a so called "Minimal Tobiano", but  there is too much white on one leg for that , I think scratch

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Night Elf's New Additions (Schleichs June 19, 2015)   Today at 10:49 pm

Back to top Go down

Night Elf's New Additions (Schleichs June 19, 2015)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next