Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  
Very Happy The topic "Animals where you live" won the SUY for December" Very Happy

Share | 

Kaiyodo Capsule Q Museum Cretaceous World

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
john2xtheman

Country/State : u.s.a.

PostSubject: Kaiyodo Capsule Q Museum Cretaceous World   Thu Apr 02, 2015 2:14 am

Here's a link to the latest Kaiyodo dinosaurs and prehistoric animals from the Capsule Q series (in Japanese):Cretaceous World
It consists of Mosasaurus,Pteranodon,a Triceratops and Tyrannosaurus that can de displayed either separately or together in battle,and a skeleton of Velociraptor.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Very Happy

Last edited by john2xtheman on Sun Jul 19, 2015 12:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
sauroid

Country/State : usa

PostSubject: Re: Kaiyodo Capsule Q Museum Cretaceous World   Thu Apr 02, 2015 7:31 am

nice but the sculpt looks similar to their older models. well, better than nothing from Kaiyodo. thanks for sharing.
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Kaiyodo Capsule Q Museum Cretaceous World   Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:22 am

Thanks for the link John Very Happy

I'm not very enthusiast for this set, the style is a bit too "vintage" for my taste and the species choice isn't very original.

Since 2014 I must say I'm a bit sad about Kaiyodo production, the assembly lines are more visible than in 2013 and Kitan club quality is a step over. I hope this venerable brand will change soon Wink

john2xtheman

PostSubject: Re: Kaiyodo Capsule Q Museum Cretaceous World   Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:46 am

question
They may be familiar species,but very much needed updates of those species in my opinion.The Triceratops is finally done right based on the found skin impressions without adding the speculative row of quills on the tail as they did in the last set (I take a much more conservative approach than most members on the DTF do though,it's just my preference) and the Mosasaurus not only has a tail fluke,but it's actually shaped right based on evidence found in one of it's relatives,Prognathodon.And the new Pteranodon is the best one to come out in decades,much better in my opinion than the Dinotales one (and that one was pretty good).And the Tyrannosaurus is...okay it is something we've seen before done extremely well more than once in the last few years (including the last tyrannosaur set from the same Capsule Q Museum line which is still excellent).But to me there can never be too many of any particular dinosaur or any other prehistoric animal. Very Happy

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Kaiyodo Capsule Q Museum Cretaceous World   Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:03 am

I mean in the past Kaiyodo made sets with familiar species and real rare ones like the anomalocaris, hallucigenia, lystrosaurus... And so much more. Even updated (I have still some doubts about Trex Laughing ) , the species choice is very conservative and it disapointed me.

john2xtheman

PostSubject: Re: Kaiyodo Capsule Q Museum Cretaceous World   Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:16 am

New and unique choices are where CollectA can come in. Very Happy
How much more odd can you get than Xiongguanlong baimoensis? Things like that balance out common choices like Triceratops horridus.And even when it comes to Tyrannosaurus rex,I have the new Kaiyodo one to look forward to and those that want a more feathered look will have a very nice new one from CollectA coming up soon.
cheers cheers cheers

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Kaiyodo Capsule Q Museum Cretaceous World   Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:33 pm

Kaiyodo made a Xiongguanlong? scratch

Last edited by Kikimalou on Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
john2xtheman

PostSubject: Re: Kaiyodo Capsule Q Museum Cretaceous World   Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:18 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Kaiyodo made a Xiongguanlong? scratch
I meant the one from CollectA as an example of one of the more unique species choices out there now that balances out Kaiyodo's more common ones. Very Happy

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Kaiyodo Capsule Q Museum Cretaceous World   Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:46 pm

Ok I misunderstood Very Happy I would prefer a Kaiyodo Xiongguanlong Wink

john2xtheman

PostSubject: Re: Kaiyodo Capsule Q Museum Cretaceous World   Fri Apr 03, 2015 9:10 am

Yes,a Kaiyodo Xiongguanlong (or any other rare species CollectA has done) would be a must-have for sure. Very Happy

Edit:
The release date for this set is late July of this year. Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: Kaiyodo Capsule Q Museum Cretaceous World   Today at 3:15 pm

Back to top Go down

Kaiyodo Capsule Q Museum Cretaceous World
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1