Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dollar Tree Bird figurine

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
MolarLion

Dollar Tree Bird figurine Empty
PostSubject: Dollar Tree Bird figurine   Dollar Tree Bird figurine EmptyTue Apr 07, 2015 10:35 pm

I won a small chirping bird figurine on eBay and would love to identify the manufacturer or find a way to get similar figures.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I know that this is a knockoff of Takara's Breezy Singers line from the 1990s.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

And I also know that there are several other knockoff lines to be found right now (the patents recently expired so the copycats are flooding in).

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

This bird I won has a unique sculpt to all these others.  No identifying markings whatsoever (even inside the battery compartment), just a generic gold Made in China sticker.

Has anyone seen it anywhere?  Like at a dollar store or craft store?  I basically own all the Takara birds, so these knockoffs are giving my collection a long-overdue second wind.
Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks!
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Dollar Tree Bird figurine   Dollar Tree Bird figurine EmptyWed Apr 08, 2015 7:26 am

I never saw these birds before but i really want to know more too!!!!!!

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Dollar Tree Bird figurine   Dollar Tree Bird figurine EmptyWed Apr 08, 2015 8:00 am

What an impressive flock Shocked Sorry I can' help with those birds.
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Dollar Tree Bird figurine   Dollar Tree Bird figurine EmptyWed Apr 08, 2015 9:05 am

AWESOME collection of birdies !! WOW affraid

Sorry, I don't know anything about them, but am happy for you that your collection got a second wind !!!
Good luck, - and I hope to see more of your collection Very Happy

shadoweon

shadoweon

Country/State : Virginia,United States

PostSubject: Re: Dollar Tree Bird figurine   Dollar Tree Bird figurine EmptySat Apr 25, 2015 9:28 pm

These are from the retail chain "Dollar Tree", they have a clip on their feet but it can be removed so that they can stand alone. The cardinal is the best sound and sculpting/paint wise but they are all somewhat cute.

The love bird and scarlet macaw make awful noises though,lol. Would you like photos of them out of package? I have the cardinal,blue bird and love bird.

These have motion sensors in them so they chirp if you move near them. No off switch though.

I've never heard of those tomy ones before but they are wonderful! Would love to have some of them myself. I only know tomy for their pokemon merchandise and micropets.

They are all a dollar each in person,and are sold at the store currently.

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Dollar Tree Bird figurine   Dollar Tree Bird figurine EmptySat Apr 25, 2015 10:35 pm

Great info, Shadow cheers

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Dollar Tree Bird figurine   Dollar Tree Bird figurine EmptySun Apr 26, 2015 8:56 am

Thank you

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dollar Tree Bird figurine   Dollar Tree Bird figurine Empty

Back to top Go down

Dollar Tree Bird figurine
Page 1 of 1