Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  
Very Happy The STS 2017 Logo contest is already open HERE Very Happy

Share | 

Roger's Arrivals! updated 17th October 2015

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
AuthorMessage
Roger
Admin

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Roger's Arrivals! updated 17th October 2015   Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:54 pm

Thanks Julie and Carola! flower flower

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:

Christophe, I'm sorry, I missed your post! Embarassed Sleep
Don't trust too much in my snakes knowledge, S&N figures are made in a very efficient way and they are excellent replicas. My feelings about the CollectA anaconda are more or less like seeing a Papo dinosaur, we feel a huge enthusiasm watching it even before we check if things are really correct. It is a figure that gives me a special pleasure even if I am not able of judging it correctly. Very Happy  

Rogério, I missed also your post Laughing .

Even if you don't believe in your own snakes knowledge, I think you are right about the anaconda. It is an impressive toy, which comes straight from an "adventure in jungle" movie and it is an excellent reason to enjoy it and collect. I missed this important thing because I was too obsessed by the accuracy... Thank you for rescuing me cheers

Christophe, I am glad I could help you deciding. Mrs. Anaconda is exactly as you described. Very Happy

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
sauroid

Country/State : usa

PostSubject: Re: Roger's Arrivals! updated 17th October 2015   Fri Jul 17, 2015 5:33 pm

cool new figures Roger! congrats.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Roger's Arrivals! updated 17th October 2015   Sun Oct 18, 2015 12:38 am

My additions topic is very delayed, my collection kept growing all this time fortunately.
Some older additions from Yvette, Bojan, etc. I have to show in another ocasion but today I decided to share some of the last.

From Susanne, some CollectA from this year and the traditional surprises from this wonderful Danish lady! flower

CollectA babirusa pig
It was a huge excitment when CollectA announced this figure, I tried it hard with Mojö and failed, luckily Numaan was able of convincing CollectA to replicate this animal.
First pictures of this project were quite disappointing but having it on hands is a huge excitment and the figure is actually very good! Very Happy My 1st baby Rusa. Wink
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

CollectA chiru:
I always thought it would be such a huge challenge to all manufacturers that I thought it could never be possible to see this figure in toy shape.
Yes, CollectA keeps showing us that there is no limits to them and they released this fabulous piece! cheers Look how delicate are these horns and legs. Shocked

CollectA Okarito kiwi:
Another huge surprise is this flightless bird, after the recent cassowari, it wasn't expected at all.
Figure on hands is ridiculously realistic, these legs, the texture, the long and delicate bill, colors, everything seems perfect, even the base. It is also relevant to note that it is an Okarito kiwi that is a different species from the best known brown kiwi.

CollectA moropus:
The idea of introducing this figure in my collection was from Susanne, she decided to gave me this prehistoric beast, of course I wanted all of these CollectA prehistoric figures but life as collector is made of decisions, so she decided that this impressive horse related prehistoric animal needed to make a friendship with the Bullyland chalicotherium that was also a gift from Susanne. flower
I am very happy with it, very detailed and very interesting. Very Happy

Eikoh red fox:
This one you already know from my fox additions. Another wonderful gift from Susanne. Such a little but great looking figure! Very Happy

Safari Ltd Sockeye salmon:
This is a complete news in my collection. I love the Incredible Creatures concept and most of their figures are truly interesting. Though, due to my lack of room, I avoid getting them. Curiously, my favorite from this collection are fish and reptiles.
Susanne added one more gift and now she is tempting with these creatures. Flash doesn't let you see the beautiful color of this salmon and believe me, it is a very good figure and could easily be used as an educational toy.

Yes, gifts haven't ended yet, also from Denmark, this big lot of UK Yowies, I was not very sure which ones I wanted and Susanne solved it easily, get them all! Laughing
We know these choco egg figures are not very realistic and they also don't intend to be, but the concept is lovely and full of unusual species. Very Happy
You can read more about them [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] study

Another fantastic box arrived from Christophe! monkey cheers
Those are figures quite hard to get for me and one of the most beautiful quartets i ever received! Very Happy

Bullyland Great Hornbill:
This is a rarity in toy world! This is a special edition to the Zoo of Cologne, so that figure was never available in regular Bullyland range.
This is also one of my favorite birds and the first time I have a hornbill in my collection. Tried hard with Maia & Borges to see a hornbill in their collections but the brand aborted their projects. Sad
But there is something interessting and very relevant for me about this figure. It was originally from Torben, the Admin/founder of this forum and a friend, then it entered Christophe's collection, our Admin [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and a friend, now it is in my collection what means that it is probably the only figure of this world that was a part of the collections of all STS Admins! cheers

Eikoh seven-banded armadillo:
I love all formicivores, it is a kind of personal craziness, I never considered really to collect them all because I thought they were so rare in this hobby that it could turn in a very boring task.
They are not so common actually but with so many good friends around, they seem to come from every where. Very Happy Very Happy
The fact of being a seven-banded armadillo gives more interest to this figure, nine-banded and giant armadillos are much more common.

Eikoh Tamandua:
Ahahah, one more formicivore, what an excitment! bounce bounce
Tamanduas are lovely creatures, they are also very funny and I hope someday a brand make this animal in a standing up pose.

Epoch crested serpent eagle:
WOW, that's my 2nd Epoch after the sumptuous Egyptian vulture! :shock. ... and both are gifts from Kiki! cheers
The crested serpent eagle is another masterpiece from this company and the species is also a premier in my collection.I love this figure so much! Very Happy

Christophe also gave me an old print about a pangolin that I haven't pictured. I want to thank a lot to Christophe and Susanne for giving me these wonderful figures to my collection! cheers cheers

It is fair that I also buy sometimes some figures for my own collection. Laughing
From [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - the online hsop of our good friend Sean [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], I acquired these small 3 inches Replica Toy Fish. I was clearly influenced by Emma (QM) and she was right, these figures are pure quality in small size and they're very affordable! cheers
You can read more about them [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] study

Also not to forget the SSS yellow-eyed penguin I acquired in a trade with Brandom.
The walk around can be found [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] drunken
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Wilorvise

Country/State : Michigan, USA

PostSubject: Re: Roger's Arrivals! updated 17th October 2015   Sun Oct 18, 2015 12:54 am

The great Bullyland Hornbill of legend! Congrats! And for the rest of your great additions as well.

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: Roger's Arrivals! updated 17th October 2015   Sun Oct 18, 2015 1:01 am

So many, so different and so great models cheers
I`m shure, you had a wonderful time, seeing them and taking them for the first time in your hands :)
And even more pleasure, becouse, they are from great friends.
Congratulations for all of them Roger and big hurrey for aur so genurous friends :)
I`m also very happy to have some of these collecta models as a gift from our dear Susanne :)
I will show them with photos very soon.
And I want to share something about the beautifull Chiru..
I see that your model has a problem with the horns, just like mine had.
(I think, this is becouse, they put the plastic protector in a wrong way..)
And I fixed them very nice and very easy with the hot-cold water :)
Now they stay perfect.... so maybe you can also do that :)

Last edited by costicuba on Sun Oct 18, 2015 1:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
arafan

Country/State : Brazil

PostSubject: Re: Roger's Arrivals! updated 17th October 2015   Sun Oct 18, 2015 1:02 am

Now I want get a admin too, just to get this hornbill too! Very Happy
Wonderful new additions Roger.

Admin

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Roger's Arrivals! updated 17th October 2015   Sun Oct 18, 2015 2:16 am

Congratulation Rogério Very Happy

I agree with you about the Kiwi, it is really impressive, I am preparing a walkaround  Very Happy

And I will use your advice for my chiru Kosta Wink

Laughing Laughing Laughing

sauroid

Country/State : usa

PostSubject: Re: Roger's Arrivals! updated 17th October 2015   Sun Oct 18, 2015 8:03 am

wow those are really cool Roger!
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Roger's Arrivals! updated 17th October 2015   Sun Oct 18, 2015 8:39 am

WOW , - that eagle ! And the hornbill ! Such awesome rarities cheers
Strange that the hornbill is not made more often as a model . There are few birds more colourful, strange, mysterious and beautyful than the Great Hornbill Very Happy

Thankyou for your kind words Very Happy
But you are too kind : the models from me are not really gifts , - let's not forget how it is : Roger sends me fantastic rarities, and I send just ordinary models to Roger Embarassed

Thankyou for sharing your beautyful pictures, Roger ! Applause

The great Bullyland Hornbill of legend! Congrats! And for the rest of your great additions as well.

lol! lol!

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Roger's Arrivals! updated 17th October 2015   Sun Oct 18, 2015 8:49 am

Yeah, so many nice and very special additions! Big congratulations for all the phantastic additions!

Admin

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Roger's Arrivals! updated 17th October 2015   Sun Oct 18, 2015 9:03 am

Yes, - that protector is very intricate, but it just falls off Laughing

NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: Roger's Arrivals! updated 17th October 2015   Sun Oct 18, 2015 10:24 am

This is like treasure chest! So many fantastic animals in it! Very Happy
Big congrats Roger.

*Oh I see that I forgot to mention the Eikoh Tamandua to Brett... What an stunning little critter!*

Back to top Go down
http://night-lioness.deviantart.com/
Tarunyada

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Roger's Arrivals! updated 17th October 2015   Sun Oct 18, 2015 7:35 pm

Very neat additions, Roger, great choice - congratulations Very Happy And of course I'm especially in love with your Eikoh additions; such charming models!

http://tarunyada.weebly.com/
Saien

Country/State : Slovakia

PostSubject: Re: Roger's Arrivals! updated 17th October 2015   Sun Oct 18, 2015 7:53 pm

Congrats, there are many beautiful models and interesting species! cheers

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Roger's Arrivals! updated 17th October 2015   Sun Oct 18, 2015 9:25 pm

Great additions Applause Applause Applause Applause and if you need more Yowies then send me a message! Smile Smile

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Roger's Arrivals! updated 17th October 2015   Sun Oct 18, 2015 10:37 pm

Roger, congrats on all the lovely new additions! My most favorite is the little Yowie duck! :)
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Roger's Arrivals! updated 17th October 2015   Mon Oct 19, 2015 1:40 am

Thanks Laura Wink Kosta arrow  Bryan Laughing Christophe monkey Gerry :cool: Susanne flower Andreas sunny Karin Shocked Julie I love you Andrea :) Taylor bounce Kristie Wink

So many, so different and so great models cheers
I`m shure, you had a wonderful time, seeing them and taking them for the first time in your hands :)
And even more pleasure, becouse, they are from great friends.
Congratulations for all of them Roger and big hurrey for aur so genurous friends :)
I`m also very happy to have some of these collecta models as a gift from our dear Susanne :)
I will show them with photos very soon.

You're always very observant Kosta. That's the price to pay for CollectA being such bold while developing their products.
I think you're right, protection was correctly placed but it was forcing the horns in a wrong way.
I'll try to follow your suggestion although bent horns don't shock me as much as bent legs. Very Happy

Laughing Laughing I was just thinking that STS was missing new Admins but after receiving this hornbill I changed my mind completely. Laughing tongue Kiddding! Wink

Congratulation Rogério Very Happy

I agree with you about the Kiwi, it is really impressive, I am preparing a walkaround  Very Happy

I am glad you will make a walk around of this figure, usually, these apparently simpler figures doesn't get too much atention but CollectA performed a fabulous work with this kiwi. Very Happy

Thankyou for your kind words Very Happy
But you are too kind : the models from me are not really gifts , - let's not forget how it is : Roger sends me fantastic rarities, and I send just ordinary models to Roger Embarassed

Thankyou for sharing your beautyful pictures, Roger ! Applause

Susanne, that's not fair for you, I just posted the "ordinary" Marolin foxes that I received from you. The most important is that we are both happy! Very Happy Very Happy

Great additions Applause  Applause  Applause  Applause  and if you need more Yowies then send me a message! Smile Smile

Taylor, that's very kind from you, I am not planing to collect all Yowies but mostly those related with Australasian fauna, I'll let you know then if I need more. Thanks! Very Happy

Back to top Go down
weaselfan93

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Roger's Arrivals! updated 17th October 2015   Mon Oct 19, 2015 2:26 am

huge congrats on that hornbill, Rogerio! I do not think I will ever be able to find one for my shelves. I guess that is a benefit for being a moderator. Very Happy

Lance - Safari ltd wildlife collector  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Roger's Arrivals! updated 17th October 2015   Mon Oct 19, 2015 2:53 am

It is a benefit of being a croc Crocodile

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: Roger's Arrivals! updated 17th October 2015   Mon Oct 19, 2015 3:47 am

Beautiful sockeye salmon. Is marvellous.

Roger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Roger's Arrivals! updated 17th October 2015   Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:46 pm

Thanks Lance and Fernando! Very Happy
huge congrats on that hornbill, Rogerio! I do not think I will ever be able to find one for my shelves. I guess that is a benefit for being a moderator. Very Happy

I am sure it is not related with my moderator work, much before it I was fortunate enough to receive gifts from several members, Christophe included. Though, the hornbill seems indeed an exclusive to Admins. Laughing tongue

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Roger's Arrivals! updated 17th October 2015   Today at 3:11 am

Back to top Go down

Roger's Arrivals! updated 17th October 2015
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 7 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7