Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  

Asking your help to solve Photobucket problemsunny Time to bring your SUGGESTION for the SUY of March sunny

Share | 

Walkaround: PV Verreaux's Sifaka

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Tarunyada

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Walkaround: PV Verreaux's Sifaka   Sat Apr 18, 2015 4:36 pm

My first walkaround is about a very special figure; Verreaux's Sifaka from the '99 lemurs series! cheers

First I have to make a confession. If we're talking about the order of primates, I have to confess that I'm not really into Haplorhini Embarassed I know there are some very sophisticated Haplorhini here on STS, and I do like them a lot, but Haplorhini aren't in my figures-and-species-to-collect-list. Yet I have to say that I do like Strepsirrhini a lot more, and if we're going a bit further, I do adore Lemuriformes.
Now when we're talking about lemurs, I was very lucky to find this one figure at my local thrift store one day. When I saw it, I thought: 'what a cute little fellow' and I took it home with me. I had no idea that this 'cute little fellow' was part of one of Play Visions most-wanted series: the '99 lemurs.

Enough with the talking, let's share some pictures! sunny

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

©️ PV 1999 CHINA
VERREAUX'S SIFAKA

So that's my PV sifaka, and I truly hope you guys will find your own PV lemurs once! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by Tarunyada on Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://tarunyada.weebly.com/
SUSANNE
Admin

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Walkaround: PV Verreaux's Sifaka   Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:00 pm

I am in love I love you bounce cheers

All lemurs are adorable, but this one...ohhhhhh drunken

A wonderful walkaround of a rare and absolutely unique model from a great brand Applause Applause

Roger
Admin

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Walkaround: PV Verreaux's Sifaka   Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:47 pm

That's a fabulous finding, when there is something that Andreas is searching, it means that it is really rare. Laughing Play Visions figures are a dream, they feature a never ending range of species, they are small and originally they were very cheap. They show also an interesting quality for tube sized figures and considering their price.
Thanks for fantastic walk around and I also noticed that you added it to Toy Animal Wiki once it was missing! cheers

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Walkaround: PV Verreaux's Sifaka   Sat Apr 18, 2015 8:11 pm

Thank you so much Julie, it is a unbelievable catch!! I am really jealous :)

PostSubject: Re: Walkaround: PV Verreaux's Sifaka   Sat Apr 18, 2015 8:20 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:

A wonderful walkaround of a rare and absolutely unique model from a great brand Applause Applause

Yes, I totally agree with you; it's such an adorable figure and I'm so lucky I found it Very Happy You're welcome, it was a pleasure to make! Very Happy

That's a fabulous finding, when there is something that Andreas is searching, it means that it is really rare. Laughing Play Visions figures are a dream, they feature a never ending range of species, they are small and originally they were very cheap. They show also an interesting quality for tube sized figures and considering their price.
Thanks for fantastic walk around and I also noticed that you added it to Toy Animal Wiki once it was missing! cheers

I really love Play Visions, they make such lovely little figurines and such nice species. I find it such a pity that I can't find much of their models for sale (I was very lucky with those bats, as well); are they still making figurines or did they stop all production?

You're very welcome, Andreas! If I ever find doubles, you'll be the first to receive them!

Back to top Go down
widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Walkaround: PV Verreaux's Sifaka   Sat Apr 18, 2015 8:26 pm

Thank you :)

Admin

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Walkaround: PV Verreaux's Sifaka   Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:46 pm

You're very welcome, Andreas! If I ever find doubles, you'll be the first to receive them!

What a Face Cruel Julie Laughing

It is an excellent story "an unexpected catch" cheers and a beautiful walkaround Applause Thank you

Tarunyada

PostSubject: Re: Walkaround: PV Verreaux's Sifaka   Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:51 pm

What a Face  Cruel Julie Laughing

It is an excellent story "an unexpected catch" cheers  and a beautiful walkaround Applause  Thank you

Looks like everyone is searching for the PV lemurs [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] When I bought this one, I had truly no idea that it was so rare!

And you're welcome for the walkaround! cheers

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Walkaround: PV Verreaux's Sifaka   Sat Apr 18, 2015 10:51 pm

Yes, I totally agree with you; it's such an adorable figure and I'm so lucky I found it Very Happy You're welcome, it was a pleasure to make! Very Happy

I really love Play Visions, they make such lovely little figurines and such nice species. I find it such a pity that I can't find much of their models for sale (I was very lucky with those bats, as well); are they still making figurines or did they stop all production?

As far as we know, Play Visions stopped making these animal figures although they are an active company. study

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Tarunyada

PostSubject: Re: Walkaround: PV Verreaux's Sifaka   Sat Apr 18, 2015 11:52 pm

As far as we know, Play Visions stopped making these animal figures although they are an active company. study

Thanks, Roger. It's a pity that they stopped making animal figurines, but if the company's still active, there still is hope.. bounce

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Walkaround: PV Verreaux's Sifaka   

Back to top Go down

Walkaround: PV Verreaux's Sifaka
Page 1 of 1