Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  
Very Happy The STS 2017 Logo contest is already open HERE Very Happy

Share | 

Little rubber animals - are these Schleich?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
pru

Country/State : USA/California

PostSubject: Little rubber animals - are these Schleich?   Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:41 pm

Hi, as a child in the 1970s I would buy these little 1/2" (up to 3/4") rubber animals that we called "Little Rubber Animals". I believe they were US$0.05 or US$0.10 each and were sold in big clear bins at a local museum. There seemed to be many dozens of different ones. We played with them for years, later using them to play soccer on a glass coffee table. The soccer ball was a small ball of tin foil. These flexible figures, when pushed upon the glass, could "kick" the ball out quite successfully.

I only had about four of them left until I found this lot on eBay recently, but I believe somewhere I once saw they were made by Schleich. Is that true? Does anyone know how many they made in total?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Little rubber animals - are these Schleich?   Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:44 pm

Yes ! They are Schleich minis Very Happy

The ladybird is very rare, especially with spots painted on bounce

You can see the minis here : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

pru

PostSubject: Re: Little rubber animals - are these Schleich?   Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:56 pm

Terrific, thank you! You can imagine how hard it was for me to find these on eBay and elsewhere by searching for "little rubber animals" only. Wink My step-brother collected so many of these he had an entire Pringles potato chip can filled with them. We were very envious.
Back to top Go down
Tarunyada

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Little rubber animals - are these Schleich?   Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:03 pm

Nice lot you got there Very Happy As Susanne already showed you, they are Schleich indeed, and they made quite a bunch of them. Schleich started producing them around 1965, I believe, but they were all discontinued around 2005.
I have quite a lot myself as well. My brother and I used to play with them as well, when we were children. We got them at our dentist; we got one each everytime we went there.

http://tarunyada.weebly.com/

PostSubject: Re: Little rubber animals - are these Schleich?   Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:14 pm

Ahhh the mini's! Very Happy bounce Normally I wouldn't go for non-realistic figures but these are just so endearing! Very charming Very Happy
Back to top Go down
pru

PostSubject: Re: Little rubber animals - are these Schleich?   Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:15 pm

I had no idea they were made as late as 2005. Must have been outside the USA as I've never seen them anywhere since the 1970s and I did not stop going to toy stores, ever.

I've searched eBay without luck recently. What are the chances I could find a big lot of these without breaking the bank? I don't mind if they're newer so long as they remind me of my childhood.
Back to top Go down
widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Little rubber animals - are these Schleich?   Fri Apr 24, 2015 9:46 am

Congratulations,  nice lot. On ebay.de you can find a lot of Schleich Minis :)

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Little rubber animals - are these Schleich?   Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:06 pm

That's a great lot as long as they're priced well! cheers Too bad the rabbit's ear are broken off.

http://mistystarstudios.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Little rubber animals - are these Schleich?   Today at 2:08 am

Back to top Go down

Little rubber animals - are these Schleich?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1