Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mattel - Dora & Diego Animals

Go down 
+3
SUSANNE
widukind
Tarunyada
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Tarunyada

Tarunyada

Country/State : The Netherlands

Mattel - Dora & Diego Animals Empty
PostSubject: Mattel - Dora & Diego Animals   Mattel - Dora & Diego Animals EmptySat Apr 25, 2015 10:31 am

Last week I showed you my newest tapir; a tapir by Mattel. It's part of a toy series based on the children's educational animated TV series Dora the Explorer and the spin-off of Dora, Go, Diego, Go!. These series are both broadcasted by Nickelodeon, part of the mass media company Viacom.
I myself find especially Dora very annoying, but than, I'm too old to take TV series like this serious, so my apologizes, Dora Laughing

But Mattel/Fisher Price made a series of toys from Dora and especially Diego. If I am correct (for I have never seen this show scratch), Diego has a HQ in some sort of rainforest and works there to protect all the animals. So the toys made for the Diego series include lots of animals Very Happy

Here again is my lovely little tapir that I acquired last week:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
J0341
©️ 2005 MATTEL
©️ 2005 VIACOM
CHINA

There is a darker version of this merry guy as well (which I do not own): Mine is the light version but the photographs turned out a bit darker

I'll show you some pictures from the internet for other species:

Maned wolf, sloth, sea turtle, leatherback turtle, scarlet macaw,
pterodactyl, crocodile, charmeleon (?), condor (?) and leopard

Rhinoceros, hyena, lion, lioness, monkey, giraffe,
kudu, gazelle/impala, hippopotamus

These action play sets from Mattel always include Diego figurines as well, accompanied by vehicles or even his rainforest HQ. It appears that Fisher-Price made sets including animal species only, which appear to be more realistic than the above Mattel figurines:

Polar Animals: sea leopard(?), Arctic fox, polar bear
Ocean Figures: ray, whale shark(?), hammerhead shark
Polar Animals: snowy owl, muskox, wolverine
Monkey Figures: three different monkey species
Desert Animals: lizard(?), dromedary, cobra/rattlesnake(?)

Looks like most of the animals have the Diego rescue logo on them:

I know most of you collect realistic animals only, but it's just a fact that I have a weakness for cute animal figurines, so I wanted to share this with you anyway Embarassed Very Happy

Last edited by Tarunyada on Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://tarunyada.weebly.com/
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Mattel - Dora & Diego Animals   Mattel - Dora & Diego Animals EmptySat Apr 25, 2015 12:38 pm

Congratulations,  i know this tv serie from the past

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Mattel - Dora & Diego Animals   Mattel - Dora & Diego Animals EmptySat Apr 25, 2015 1:35 pm

So cute Very Happy
...and an Arctic fox for Roger Wink

Isn't Mattel the ones who makes Barbie dolls ?

Thankyou for sharing, Julie sunny

NightLioness
NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: Mattel - Dora & Diego Animals   Mattel - Dora & Diego Animals EmptySat Apr 25, 2015 1:48 pm

Many interesting species that major brands never did o.0 Very Happy
Although I'm one of those realistic animal collectors Razz
I DO find them cute and the leopard in the first photo IS adorable ^^

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Mattel - Dora & Diego Animals   Mattel - Dora & Diego Animals EmptySat Apr 25, 2015 2:15 pm

Very cute sunny

Tarunyada

PostSubject: Re: Mattel - Dora & Diego Animals   Mattel - Dora & Diego Animals EmptySat Apr 25, 2015 2:17 pm

SUSANNE wrote:

I think I like the Arctic fox the most from all these models. I'd love to have it myself as well <3

SUSANNE wrote:
Isn't Mattel the ones who makes Barbie dolls ?

Yes, that's Mattel. They're from Hot Wheels and Fisher-Price as well Very Happy

SUSANNE wrote:
Thankyou for sharing, Julie sunny

You're welcome! cheers

NightLioness wrote:
Many interesting species that major brands never did o.0 Very Happy

Yes indeed! cheers I'd love to see some of these species by major brands Very Happy Until than, I'll try to collect these Razz

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Mattel - Dora & Diego Animals   Mattel - Dora & Diego Animals EmptySun Apr 26, 2015 12:03 am

Tarunyada wrote:
SUSANNE wrote:

I think I like the Arctic fox the most from all these models. I'd love to have it myself as well <3

Laughing Actually, the Arctic fox has a less cartoon style than others. Thanks Julie for opening new horizons for my fox collection, mainly to the cute world side. :)
Now I suspect that my niece has one of these figures. scratch

PostSubject: Re: Mattel - Dora & Diego Animals   Mattel - Dora & Diego Animals EmptySun Apr 26, 2015 3:55 am

Lovely little tapir drunken
Back to top Go down
Tarunyada

Tarunyada

PostSubject: Re: Mattel - Dora & Diego Animals   Mattel - Dora & Diego Animals EmptySun Apr 26, 2015 9:54 am

Roger wrote:
Tarunyada wrote:
SUSANNE wrote:

Laughing Actually, the Arctic fox has a less cartoon style than others. Thanks Julie for opening new horizons for my fox collection, mainly to the cute world side. :)
Now I suspect that my niece has one of these figures. scratch

Yes indeed. It looks like all these packs with only 3 animals in them (these) look way more realistic than the figures in the photos above. But these packs with animals are from Fisher-Price, while my more cartoonish tapir is marked Mattel. Now the fact is that Fisher-Price is a subsidiary (daughter company) of Mattel, but I'm not sure if they're all marked as Mattel or just the more cartoonish figures. Interesting scratch

Last edited by Tarunyada on Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tarunyada

Tarunyada

PostSubject: Re: Mattel - Dora & Diego Animals   Mattel - Dora & Diego Animals EmptyTue Apr 28, 2015 5:58 pm

Here are my llama and crocodile (they both have the Diego rescue logo on them):

Last edited by Tarunyada on Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Mattel - Dora & Diego Animals   Mattel - Dora & Diego Animals EmptyWed Apr 29, 2015 1:25 am

Nice croc! Laughing

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: Mattel - Dora & Diego Animals   Mattel - Dora & Diego Animals EmptySat May 30, 2015 4:31 am

The llama is rather cute actually, though I too am more of a realistic animal collector usually.

I recently found a couple of the Diego tapirs and the maned wolf. They were the only Diego animals I noticed.
Back to top Go down
Tarunyada

Tarunyada

PostSubject: Re: Mattel - Dora & Diego Animals   Mattel - Dora & Diego Animals EmptyTue Sep 19, 2017 2:07 pm

I got a few more Mattel Go Diego Go! Rescue Animals in the meantime:

Howler Monkey

Emperor Penguin

Toco Toucan

Leatherback Turtle

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Mattel - Dora & Diego Animals   Mattel - Dora & Diego Animals EmptyTue Sep 19, 2017 5:48 pm

Congrats Julie :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Tarunyada

Tarunyada

PostSubject: Re: Mattel - Dora & Diego Animals   Mattel - Dora & Diego Animals EmptyTue Sep 19, 2017 9:57 pm

widukind wrote:
Congrats Julie :)

Thanks, Andreas Smile

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Mattel - Dora & Diego Animals   Mattel - Dora & Diego Animals EmptyWed Sep 20, 2017 8:33 am

They are precious. Great find ! Very Happy

I am especially fond of that toucan, - he looks so wonderfully crazy cheers

Tarunyada

Tarunyada

PostSubject: Re: Mattel - Dora & Diego Animals   Mattel - Dora & Diego Animals EmptyWed Sep 20, 2017 11:07 am

SUSANNE wrote:
They are precious. Great find ! Very Happy

I am especially fond of that toucan, - he looks so wonderfully crazy cheers

Thanks, Susanne! cheers I agree, the toucan looks like he has seen places Laughing

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mattel - Dora & Diego Animals   Mattel - Dora & Diego Animals Empty

Back to top Go down

Mattel - Dora & Diego Animals
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Animal toy figures reviews and discussions :: Modern companies :: Unclassified modern companies-
Jump to: