Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  
Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Please vote for Show Us Yours of October! Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven
bounce bounce bounce Please check here the incredible line-up of Safari LTD for 2017! bounce bounce bounce

Share | 

Ferrero - Natoons

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Tarunyada

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Ferrero - Natoons   Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:09 am

I think everyone knows Ferrero. It's an Italian company with lots of products. Maybe their most well-known product is Nutella. They're also known for Tic Tac and Kinder.
The product I'm going to talk about is Kinder Surprise, a part of Ferrero's Kinder series. Kinder Surprise, also known as Kinder Egg or Kinder Joy (original: Kinder Sorpresa; German: Kinder Überraschung), is a hollow chocolate egg with a plastic egg in the inside. In this egg there is a surprise: a little toy. There are uncountable amounts of series made through the years, from cars to jigsaws, from movie figures to.. Animals!

So there are lots of animal series made for the Kinder Surprise eggs, but in this topic I'm going to talk about one line of series: the Natoons. If I'm correct, there were 98 surprises made for the Natoons series. Some are hard plastic pieces you had to put together yourself, others are rubbery plastic and there was even one range with small paper balloons. Here I'll show you my favourite Natoons.

Most realistic animals

* African Animals [2011]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Rhino DC001, Hippo DC002, Lion DC003, Leopard DC004
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Gorilla DC005, Crocodile DC006, Elephant DC007, Turtle DC008
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Chimpansee DC009, African Buffalo DC010, Dromedary DC011

* Arctic Animals [2012]
Penguin TR001, Wolf TR002, Seal TR003, Arctic Fox TR004
Polar Bear TR005, Otter TR006, Walrus TR007, Reindeer TR008

* Animals of the World [2013]
Crocodile DC006A, Kangaroo FT001, Tiger FT002, Panther FT003
Platypus FT005, Giant Panda FT006, Koala FT007, Ostrich FT008

* Dangerous Predators [2015]
Lynx FS 019, Puma FS 020, Panther FS 021, Lion FS 022
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Tiger FS 023; soft variations: Lion FS 022, Tiger FS 023

Cute baby animals

* Baby Arctic Animals [2012]
Penguin TR009, Wolf TR010, Seal TR011, Arctic Fox TR012
Polar Bear TR013, Otter TR014, Walrus TR015, Reindeer TR016

* Baby Animals [2013]
Kangaroo FT009, Tiger FT010, Panther FT011, Crocodile FT012
Platypus FT013, Giant Panda FT014, Koala FT015, Ostrich FT016

Others

* Pluche Animals [2011]
Elephant DC018, Lion DC019, Monkey DC020, Hippo DC021
Giant Panda DC022, Polar Bear DC023, Rhino DC024

Just look how the Baby Arctic Animals and Baby Animals are the same species as their Arctic Animals and Animals of the World friends Very Happy

These are not my pictures and I don't have all the series complete, but I just wanted to show you what's made in the Natoons series!

Last edited by Tarunyada on Thu Feb 18, 2016 5:58 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://tarunyada.weebly.com/
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Ferrero - Natoons   Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:23 am

I LOVE them ! And I even have some on my smal-model-shelves, they are gifts from good friends, a reaso to love them even more   cheers

THANKYOU for this topic, - Julie, we are very lucky to have you in this forum  flower  sunny  cheers  Applause

NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: Ferrero - Natoons   Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:56 am

You are doing an amazing job, adding new topic for the small animals Very Happy
Gosh, those are also very adorable.... You let me see the beauty of the small animal world :3

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://night-lioness.deviantart.com/
costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: Ferrero - Natoons   Sun Apr 26, 2015 2:25 pm

:) Thank you for showing them Julie :)
I also have 3 of these tiny beauties ....including the arctic fox, which I wanted to send to Roger...but before that, I saw, that he has it already :) ...
How did you find all these models Julie? Theay are from your collection right? :)
I mean. did you eat many chocolate eggs to have them? :)

PostSubject: Re: Ferrero - Natoons   Sun Apr 26, 2015 3:11 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I LOVE them ! And I even have some on my smal-model-shelves, they are gifts from good friends, a reaso to love them even more   cheers

Yes, they're so adorable Very Happy And indeed, that's a reason to love any figurine!

THANKYOU for this topic, - Julie, we are very lucky to have you in this forum  flower  sunny  cheers  Applause

You're very welcome, Susanne! cheers

You are doing an amazing job, adding new topic for the small animals Very Happy

Thank you very much, Karin Embarassed Smile

Gosh, those are also very adorable.... You let me see the beauty of the small animal world :3

I understand why most people only collect realistic animal figurines, but these small ones are so lovely as well Very Happy And I like the variety of species!

:) Thank you for showing them Julie :)

You're welcome! cheers

How did you find all these models Julie? Theay are from your collection right? :)
I mean. did you eat many chocolate eggs to have them? :)

I forgot to note that these aren't my photographs; it's from a site on which you can find all kinds of collections (not just animal figurines). But I do have quite a lot of them. I only ate one chocolate egg (the one with the DC006A crocodile), the others I got from flea markets and thrift stores. They're pretty easy to get here in the Netherlands Wink

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Ferrero - Natoons   Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:39 am

Congratulations Julie :)

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Ferrero - Natoons   Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:34 pm

Thank you for sharing, great reference! cheers

http://mistystarstudios.blogspot.com
Tarunyada

PostSubject: Re: Ferrero - Natoons   Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:58 pm

Thank you for sharing, great reference! cheers

You're very welcome Very Happy

Tarunyada

PostSubject: Re: Ferrero - Natoons   Thu Feb 18, 2016 5:55 pm

Yesterday I was scrolling down eBay in search for lovely animal figurines which seem out of reach, when I came across two lovely Ferrero felines, which looked quite realistic for this children's company. When I searched for them on Catawiki, I found out that they're part of a new Natoons series, which was released only last year. Here they are:

* Dangerous Predators [2015]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Lynx FS 019, Puma FS 020, Panther FS 021, Lion FS 022, Tiger FS 023
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Soft variations: Lion FS 022, Tiger FS 023

I think it's great that the Natoons series are now specializing on certain animal families - maybe this year canids? Smile I don't understand why Ferrero made soft variations of the lion and tiger only scratch But I prefer the 'normal' versions.

I'll let you know as soon as I find anything on their 2016 Natoons range!

P.S. Pictures not by me!

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Ferrero - Natoons   Thu Feb 18, 2016 6:00 pm

Love the white tiger! I love you

http://mistystarstudios.blogspot.com
Tarunyada

PostSubject: Re: Ferrero - Natoons   Thu Feb 18, 2016 6:03 pm

Love the white tiger! I love you

It sure is a lovely figurine! cheers It were actually the white tiger and lynx which I found in the eBay listing, I really love this new series Very Happy

bojan

Country/State : slovenia

PostSubject: Re: Ferrero - Natoons   Thu Feb 18, 2016 6:25 pm

Last year I found these over here:

PostSubject: Re: Ferrero - Natoons   Thu Feb 18, 2016 6:30 pm

Last year I found these over here:

OMG those are wonderful! Shocked I do recognize some, which are shown in this topic as well. But these forest and desert figurines are just.. Fabulous! cheers I especially love the gray wolf, red fox (Roger!! Wink) and lynx! These certainly haven't been released here in the Netherlands Wink

Thank you very much for sharing, I really hope I'll come across these as well!

Last edited by Tarunyada on Thu Feb 18, 2016 7:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
FluffySlipers

Country/State : Wiltshire,

PostSubject: Re: Ferrero - Natoons   Thu Feb 18, 2016 7:44 pm

Very interesting ! I'm in love with the Platypus !
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Ferrero - Natoons   Thu Feb 18, 2016 9:02 pm

They are ever so cute cheers drunken

Roger
Admin

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Ferrero - Natoons   Thu Feb 18, 2016 11:08 pm

Thanks Julie and Bojan for sharing these informations! These small collections have surely their own charm. Very Happy

OMG those are wonderful! Shocked I do recognize some, which are shown in this topic as well. But these forest and desert figurines are just.. Fabulous! cheers I especially love the gray wolf, red fox (Roger!! Wink) and lynx! These certainly haven't been released here in the Netherlands Wink

Yes Julie, one more fox to collect! bounce bounce

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Tarunyada

PostSubject: Re: Ferrero - Natoons   Sun Jun 19, 2016 5:36 pm

I just added these series to TAi. I still need to figure out Bojan's extra series, so these will be added later. I only added the 4 'realistic' series to TAi. Do you think I should add the 2012 Baby Arctic Animals and the 2013 Baby Animals to TAi as well or are these too cute/not realistic enough for TAi? And should I add 2011 Pluche Animals as well? Please let me know!

Roger
Admin

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Ferrero - Natoons   Mon Jun 20, 2016 2:47 am

I just added these series to TAi. I still need to figure out Bojan's extra series, so these will be added later. I only added the 4 'realistic' series to TAi. Do you think I should add the 2012 Baby Arctic Animals and the 2013 Baby Animals to TAi as well or are these too cute/not realistic enough for TAi? And should I add 2011 Pluche Animals as well? Please let me know!

That's a hard question once it is hard to determine the border between what should be considered realistic and cute looking. Though, not wanting to be an authority on TAI, I think these other series are excessively cartoonish to be added. In my opinion, you listed the right ones. Very Happy

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Tarunyada

PostSubject: Re: Ferrero - Natoons   Mon Jun 20, 2016 10:44 am

That's a hard question once it is hard to determine the border between what should be considered realistic and cute looking. Though, not wanting to be an authority on TAI, I think these other series are excessively cartoonish to be added. In my opinion, you listed the right ones. Very Happy

Thanks for your opinion, Roger! I thought the same about it, so I'll leave it like this (exept for Bojan's series I still have to add, of course!) Wink

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ferrero - Natoons   Today at 12:11 pm

Back to top Go down

Ferrero - Natoons
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1