Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Liiolii's additions - Updated 10th October 2020

Go down 
+8
NightLioness
Tarunyada
Roger
lucky luke
widukind
SUSANNE
LeeAnn
Liiolii
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

Liiolii's additions - Updated 10th October 2020 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Liiolii's additions - Updated 10th October 2020   Liiolii's additions - Updated 10th October 2020 - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 14, 2018 4:03 am

WhiteLightning Wolf wrote:
That K&M fennec fox is extremely rare but coincidentally there was one other one on eBay the same time I got mine. Unfortunately, it was part of a bundle of 54 other rare K&M and PV figures up for auction...I watched in horror as the bid climbed and climbed day after day. The entire lot including that K&M Fennec Fox sold for $676.00 USD!!! affraid

That's really crazy! It seemed to be usual with a few privileged brands but now we see these crazy prices where we are not expecting. It is a fact that it is a lot but that amount of money is incredible! Shocked

Liiolii

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: Liiolii's additions - Updated 10th October 2020   Liiolii's additions - Updated 10th October 2020 - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 17, 2018 8:32 pm

Thank you for comments, everybody!

I watched in horror as the bid climbed and climbed day after day. The entire lot including that K&M Fennec Fox sold for $676.00 USD!!! affraid

Wow, that's a lot of money! Shocked

The flea market's cashier said, that the K&M tiger is so cheap, because "it's not Schleich". Laughing We had a nice conversation about animal figures. She told her daughter is 14 y. old and "still playing with her Schleich animals". Well, I'm 42 and still playi... collecting!

I don't know if I should start to write a blog about collecting animal figures or not. I keep a list about figurines I own, it's a simply database on my computer, but every now and then I think about blogging, sharing pics and maybe longer stories about my collection. Hmm. scratch

Another question is should I stricktly concentrate on birds? I'm kind a birdwatcher and almost half of my small animal figurine collection are birds. There's only one problem: the world is full of amazing replicas of mammals, reptiles etc. How can I stop buying them? lol! Do you collect everything nice and interesting or just only some themes? Are there any other bird collectors on STS-Forum?

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Liiolii's additions - Updated 10th October 2020   Liiolii's additions - Updated 10th October 2020 - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 17, 2018 8:44 pm

Roger wrote:
That is a very good start indeed. Dimetrodons are not dinosaurs indeed. You will probably find that plesiosaurs and pterosaurs are neither. But, you already learned something more fruitful to this hobby. Flea markets are the best place for collectors. Look at it, for just 0,50€ you've found the long retired K&M large solide Siberian tiger! Shocked To give you an idea, I collect foxes already for years, with the help of the good friends on forum, and I still don't ahve the fennec fox of that same series. cat

That K&M fennec fox is extremely rare but coincidentally there was one other one on eBay the same time I got mine. Unfortunately, it was part of a bundle of 54 other rare K&M and PV figures up for auction...I watched in horror as the bid climbed and climbed day after day. The entire lot including that K&M Fennec Fox sold for $676.00 USD!!! affraid

Amazing the great lengths collectors will go to obtain rare figures!

0,50€ is an absolute bargin for such a rare figure! I hope you are able to obtain the two adorable cubs that go with it someday. Very Happy

What was the other figurines in that bundle?

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Dum_my

Dum_my

Country/State : Nederland

PostSubject: Re: Liiolii's additions - Updated 10th October 2020   Liiolii's additions - Updated 10th October 2020 - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 19, 2018 2:25 pm

Nice :) congratz

Liiolii

PostSubject: Re: Liiolii's additions - Updated 10th October 2020   Liiolii's additions - Updated 10th October 2020 - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 20, 2018 4:44 pm

Thank you! And it's time to share pics of the newcomers again.

Birds! I really like Collecta's kiwi, kassowary and black-faced spoonbill. Schleich's pelican is not bad either.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

And a free extra: Safari reptiles in a plastic bag. Do you know if they belong to the TOOBS?

I suppose I'll get two more figure parcels in next week. bounce When I have received them, I'll upload a photo of my entire collection.

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: Liiolii's additions - Updated 10th October 2020   Liiolii's additions - Updated 10th October 2020 - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 20, 2018 6:30 pm

Beautiful additions,,

Photo of birds is marvellous.

Congrats flower

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Liiolii's additions - Updated 10th October 2020   Liiolii's additions - Updated 10th October 2020 - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 21, 2018 2:10 pm

You get lots of figures that I can find in my collection. We really share a good part of our collecting tastes. ... and those I don't have, like the Schleich pelican that is a very cool figure, it is just because I have already several pelicans. I believe your Safari extras are from Fun packs that use the Good Luck Minis. Though, I am not good identifying these. Very Happy

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Liiolii's additions - Updated 10th October 2020   Liiolii's additions - Updated 10th October 2020 - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 21, 2018 7:33 pm

Again you got some truely great models there cheers

I think your gift models are  from this toob :

It looks like the toob has two of each, and that you have one of each ? Very Happy
Does it say what species they are on the stomach of them ?

If that is the case, please may we use your picture for TAI ? bounce

widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Liiolii's additions - Updated 10th October 2020   Liiolii's additions - Updated 10th October 2020 - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 21, 2018 10:16 pm

Congrats

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Liiolii

Liiolii

PostSubject: Re: Liiolii's additions - Updated 10th October 2020   Liiolii's additions - Updated 10th October 2020 - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 22, 2018 4:49 pm

Thank you everybody!  I love you

SUSANNE wrote:

It looks like the toob has two of each, and that you have one of each ? Very Happy

If that is the case,  please may we use your picture for TAI ? bounce

Yes, these are definitely TOOB Reptiles, thank you for helping to recognize them. I have only one of each, and there is unfortunately not a name of the species on the stomach. scratch Only text "China". Material is soft and a bit flexible.

Sure, you can use the photo in TAI. Should I take a separate photo of each figure? I can do it, if needed. Or is a group photo adequate?

Liiolii

PostSubject: Re: Liiolii's additions - Updated 10th October 2020   Liiolii's additions - Updated 10th October 2020 - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 24, 2018 5:04 pm

I got a lovely parcel from Yvette today! Thank you so much, danke schön, kiitos paljon! Very Happy

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Liiolii's additions - Updated 10th October 2020   Liiolii's additions - Updated 10th October 2020 - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 24, 2018 9:07 pm

Great additions :)

Back to top Go down
lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: Liiolii's additions - Updated 10th October 2020   Liiolii's additions - Updated 10th October 2020 - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 25, 2018 12:14 am

Great additions Bravos Very Happy Applause cheers Cool
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Liiolii's additions - Updated 10th October 2020   Liiolii's additions - Updated 10th October 2020 - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 25, 2018 1:13 am

You surely got some great birds etc from Yvette cheers

Liiolii wrote:
Thank you everybody! I love you

SUSANNE wrote:

If that is the case, please may we use your picture for TAI ? bounce

Yes, these are definitely TOOB Reptiles, thank you for helping to recognize them. I have only one of each, and there is unfortunately not a name of the species on the stomach. scratch Only text "China". Material is soft and a bit flexible.

Sure, you can use the photo in TAI. Should I take a separate photo of each figure? I can do it, if needed. Or is a group photo adequate?

Thankyou a heap , Liiolii cheers
I think a picture with them all is ok, but if you have time, it would be great with a picture of them with something that shows the size ( lego-block, AA(A) battery, bic pen or such).
It is perfectly ok that there is one of each. I will just write under the picture that the toob contains two sets;) Very Happy

Liiolii

Liiolii

PostSubject: Re: Liiolii's additions - Updated 10th October 2020   Liiolii's additions - Updated 10th October 2020 - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 25, 2018 7:08 pm

Thank you everybody!

Susanne, I'll take a photo with a battery as a measure in the daylight tomorrow. The sun already set down.

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Liiolii's additions - Updated 10th October 2020   Liiolii's additions - Updated 10th October 2020 - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 25, 2018 8:36 pm

Liiolii wrote:
....Susanne, I'll take a photo with a battery as a measure in the daylight tomorrow. The sun already set down.

Yes, Finland is more north than Denmark, - some is MUCH more north Wink

Liiolii

Liiolii

PostSubject: Re: Liiolii's additions - Updated 10th October 2020   Liiolii's additions - Updated 10th October 2020 - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 06, 2018 7:44 pm

Hello! Some newcomers, birds made by Papo and Collecta, and Schleich bones, which I got as a free extra. I love the woodpecker!

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Liiolii's additions - Updated 10th October 2020   Liiolii's additions - Updated 10th October 2020 - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 06, 2018 8:57 pm

Wonderful new birds :)

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Liiolii's additions - Updated 10th October 2020   Liiolii's additions - Updated 10th October 2020 - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 07, 2018 3:51 am

These birds are all wonderful Katja! It is good to remember how good are the woodpecker and mandarin without forgeting all others. Very Happy

landrover

PostSubject: Re: Liiolii's additions - Updated 10th October 2020   Liiolii's additions - Updated 10th October 2020 - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 07, 2018 5:23 am

Congratulations, all birds of this set are beautiful. Applause

I will buy the tucan.

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Liiolii's additions - Updated 10th October 2020   Liiolii's additions - Updated 10th October 2020 - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 08, 2018 12:07 am

Beautyful, lovely bird flock !!! cheers
Great choices you made Very Happy

Aren't we lucky to have a choice of so many lovely birds these days ? Very Happy

As Roger says, the madarin duck is ever so lovely, - I think we haven't yet given it all the praise it deserves Wink

Liiolii

Liiolii

PostSubject: Re: Liiolii's additions - Updated 10th October 2020   Liiolii's additions - Updated 10th October 2020 - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 10, 2020 7:15 pm

Okay, it was bit stupid idea to take this photo in the evening – these dark Finnish autumn nights! – but I just couldn't wait, because I'm very excited! I have told you that only animal replica brand you can find here in Helsinki, Finland is... Schleich. Every chain toy store or bigger supermarket is selling Schleich, mainly horses. There is a Finnish webstore Lahjakas, which I totally love, almost all my figurines are from that nice shop which is selling Schleich, Papo, CollectA and Breyer at the moment. But yesterday I found a little ground floor shop in Helsinki, which is selling CollectA animals! I was so shocked – in a good way – I bought only four animals, but today I went there again and bought six more figurines including CollectA woolly mammoth! I love you It was the very last example in the store. The store's name is Kidzy and address is Mannerheimintie 31. (I suppose there is not any other Finns on the forum atm?). The toy shop is very small, it was even bit hard to move there and I dropped a box filled with Rubik cubes two times on the floor. geek But the seller was really nice and he talked English.

Sorry for a long story, but I hope you understand how excited I am when I can see CollectA figurines with my very own eyes and choose myself the ones I really want to buy! Very Happy Now the bad and bit blurry photo with lovely animals. The CollectA coconut palm trees are from Lahjakas webstore. All other figurines are from Kidzy.

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Liiolii's additions - Updated 10th October 2020   Liiolii's additions - Updated 10th October 2020 - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 10, 2020 8:01 pm

WOW !!! CONGRATULATIONS cheers
What a magnificent catch I love you

I understand you SO well !
The same in Denmark, - a small shop nearby had a few CollectA horses some years ago, but I was the only one who bought them, so she gave up very soon Sad
It must be added that CollectA was quite new back then, and neither models nor paintwork was half the quality we see these days.

Apart from that I have never tried to be able to by other than Schleich in a fysical shop, - it must be wonderful Wink

landrover

landrover

PostSubject: Re: Liiolii's additions - Updated 10th October 2020   Liiolii's additions - Updated 10th October 2020 - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 10, 2020 8:39 pm

Congratulations, very nice palm trees, wonderful mammoth, and beautiful Nyala antelope.

cheers cheers cheers

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Liiolii's additions - Updated 10th October 2020   Liiolii's additions - Updated 10th October 2020 - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 11, 2020 12:51 am

Surely I understand your excitment. I was used to find all brands locally but for a long time I don't see CollectA around. I always feel some joy anytime I find a shop selling animal figures, even if it is Schleich. :)
Actually, I think you were quite lucky finding all these fantastic models from CollectA. It is not always that we find such assortment.
You're right, not many members from Finland active these days but I remember a few like Jonas, a happy man with a lot of talent to make horse customs; Lea, an incredibly talented woman with a very sophisticated taste, Emilia ([You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]), the most famous collector of dog figures of this planet and Krista with her unusual little things. I know there were more but... I can't remember them all. pale

PostSubject: Re: Liiolii's additions - Updated 10th October 2020   Liiolii's additions - Updated 10th October 2020 - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Liiolii's additions - Updated 10th October 2020
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next