Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Joe Boxer finished (perhaps!)

Go down 
+2
widukind
pipsxlch
6 posters
AuthorMessage
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

Joe Boxer finished (perhaps!) Empty
PostSubject: Joe Boxer finished (perhaps!)   Joe Boxer finished (perhaps!) EmptyWed Jun 03, 2015 3:57 am

This fellow is one of the figures I got at the flea market south of Miami, he had a truly bad paint job so I figured I had nothing to lose repainting him. Besides, he's probably nothing special- his only stamps are 'BOXER' and 'CHINA'. And I feel pretty comfortable and confident with dog colors and markings. So here he is part of the way done- I was originally planning on making him a flashy brindle with lots of white, but he seems to be saying he'd rather stay fawn with just a little- or even no- white. So we'll see, I can always add markings later.

I was hoping to trade him for some plastic rods or sell him when he's done.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

This is fun! I'd like to try more. I repainted an old Apatosaurus figure also, but have since given it away. I did take a couple pictures, but they made the colours much bolder than in real life.

Last edited by pipsxlch on Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Joe Boxer finished (perhaps!)   Joe Boxer finished (perhaps!) EmptyWed Jun 03, 2015 7:53 am

Very nice!

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Anasta SchwarzeWölfin

Anasta SchwarzeWölfin

Country/State : Russia

PostSubject: Re: Joe Boxer finished (perhaps!)   Joe Boxer finished (perhaps!) EmptyWed Jun 03, 2015 8:50 am

Agree with Andreas Very Happy Well done!

'Til then I walk alone.

Back to top Go down
http://schwarzwolfin.deviantart.com/
Shanti

Shanti

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Joe Boxer finished (perhaps!)   Joe Boxer finished (perhaps!) EmptyWed Jun 03, 2015 3:55 pm

Nice! Boxers are one of my favorite breeds!
Back to top Go down
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

PostSubject: Re: Joe Boxer finished (perhaps!)   Joe Boxer finished (perhaps!) EmptyThu Jun 04, 2015 12:33 am

I finished Joe Boxer, and I hate my camera! These photos look awful, but my flash doesn't work anymore. I didn't add a glare spot, but there is glossy nail polish over his eyes/nose/lips. Otherwise it's a satin clearcoat. I left him fawn, just touching things up a little, adding nails/pawpads and a white spot on his chest. Wonder if I should add glare spots to his eyes? And I haven't closed the door to adding brindle stripes or more white. Maybe see if someone wants him, and what they'd prefer.
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Joe Boxer finished (perhaps!)   Joe Boxer finished (perhaps!) EmptyThu Jun 04, 2015 2:13 am

He looks great!

Would you mind a small suggestion for next time? You can try sanding down the seams and covering up that big gap on the neck with clay, so he looks more realistic. Smile

pipsxlch

PostSubject: Re: Joe Boxer finished (perhaps!)   Joe Boxer finished (perhaps!) EmptyMon Jun 08, 2015 1:26 am

Thanks for the tips, LeeAnn. :) Is it okay to use a dremel on softer hollow figures like this? Or should I find a small hand file?
Back to top Go down
JonasV

JonasV

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: Joe Boxer finished (perhaps!)   Joe Boxer finished (perhaps!) EmptyMon Jun 08, 2015 6:51 pm

Nice work :)

Animals are my friends. I don't eat my friends. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Joe Boxer finished (perhaps!)   Joe Boxer finished (perhaps!) EmptyMon Jun 08, 2015 7:16 pm

pipsxlch wrote:
Thanks for the tips, LeeAnn. :) Is it okay to use a dremel on softer hollow figures like this? Or should I find a small hand file?

I would be afraid the dremel would take off too much. You'd probably be much safer with a needle file or just plain old sandpaper Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: Joe Boxer finished (perhaps!)   Joe Boxer finished (perhaps!) Empty

Back to top Go down

Joe Boxer finished (perhaps!)
Page 1 of 1