Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  
Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Please vote for Show Us Yours of October! Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven
bounce bounce bounce Please check here the incredible line-up of Safari LTD for 2017! bounce bounce bounce

Share | 

Jakks Pacific

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Tarunyada

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Jakks Pacific   Fri 12 Jun 2015, 19:52

Okay, so I was scrolling through the SUY section (and was drooling away when I saw all these beautiful animal figurines I have to put on my wishlist now..) when I saw two hyena figurines made by 'Jakks'. When I googled it, I found Jakks Pacific. I couldn't find it on TAi and when I search for it here on STS, I only find one topic from Andreas with 3 animals in it. When I search through the Jakks website ([You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]) I find nothing related to these lovely animal figurines.

So it looks like they have an interactive 'spot'. When you put some sort of pen to it, you can here some information about the species - such as TipToi is making at the moment.

Here's GoldEagle's Jakks hyena (hope you don't mind using your photograph, but it's the best I could find):

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Can someone tell me more about these wonderful animal figurines? Are they still in production? What different species were made?

http://tarunyada.weebly.com/
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Jakks Pacific   Fri 12 Jun 2015, 21:02

I never noticed this brand before , - what a lovely hyena cheers

jarda

Country/State : Czech Republic

PostSubject: Re: Jakks Pacific   Sat 13 Jun 2015, 00:17

Julie, AFAIK Jakks animals (probably retired but sometimes offered on E-Bay) were produced in connection with Discovery channel (the blue point contains chip and Discovery logo). I have only the white tiger (that figure was sold with the chip scanner) but there are bald eagle, deer, zebra, red panda, lion, rhino etc.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Jakks Pacific   Sat 13 Jun 2015, 11:20

Search for scanopedia Julie. :) But i am not sure if all of these figurines are released. Because you can only find informations about a few :) I saw in the past a list of the species but i never found one information about the figurines that i wish :)

PostSubject: Re: Jakks Pacific   Sat 13 Jun 2015, 11:23

Here you can see more

but i think they are retired

PostSubject: Re: Jakks Pacific   Sat 13 Jun 2015, 12:47

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I never noticed this brand before , - what a lovely hyena cheers

I didn't either, but I'm really glad I found them Smile And that hyena is definitely going on my wishlist!

Julie, AFAIK Jakks animals (probably retired but sometimes offered on E-Bay) were produced in connection with Discovery channel (the blue point contains chip and Discovery logo). I have only the white tiger (that figure was sold with the chip scanner) but there are bald eagle, deer, zebra, red panda, lion, rhino etc.

Thanks, Jarda! Such an interesting series, it's a pity I didn't found out about them earlier.

Search for scanopedia Julie. :) But i am not sure if all of these figurines are released. Because you can only find informations about a few :) I saw in the past a list of the species but i never found one information about the figurines that i wish :)

Here you can see more

but i think they are retired

Thanks, Andreas!

Tiermann

Country/State : Oregon, USA

PostSubject: Re: Jakks Pacific   Thu 18 Jun 2015, 00:44

I've added the Scanopedia animals list to the wiki. I did what research I could. It looks like they have been discontinued a few years now.

Here is what I can up with:

Jakks Scanopedia Baboon
Jakks Scanopedia Bald Eagle
Jakks Scanopedia Black Bear
Jakks Scanopedia Cheetah
Jakks Scanopedia African Elephant
Jakks Scanopedia Elk
Jakks Scanopedia Giraffe
Jakks Scanopedia Hyena
Jakks Scanopedia Koala
Jakks Scanopedia Lion
Jakks Scanopedia Moose
Jakks Scanopedia Red Panda
Jakks Scanopedia Rhinoceros
Jakks Scanopedia Tiger
Jakks Scanopedia White Tiger
Jakks Scanopedia Zebra

Jakks Scanopedia Great White Shark
Jakks Scanopedia Squid

Jakks Scanopedia Ankylosaurus
Jakks Scanopedia Brachiosaurus ? or Apatosaurus?
Jakks Scanopedia Othnielia
Jakks Scanopedia Protoceratops
Jakks Scanopedia Rhamphorhynchus
Jakks Scanopedia Stegosaurus
Jakks Scanopedia Tyranosaurus rex

Back to top Go down
http://schleich.animobil.info
Tarunyada

PostSubject: Re: Jakks Pacific   Thu 18 Jun 2015, 12:31

Tim, you're amazing; thank you so much for the information and great you added it to TAi!

Lots of their sets are still being sold on Amazon ([You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], for example), but they are quite expensive, though

sbell

Country/State : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Jakks Pacific   Thu 18 Jun 2015, 20:43

I had all of the dinos, and of course have the hyena. They are well-made but that spot is annoying. The line did not last long, and that's probably because they weren't well-distributed and kind of expensive. Which is why they're even more expensive now.

I'm also a big freshwater fish-figure fan. Know of anything new and exciting? I need to know as well!
Back to top Go down
http://faunafigures.com/
widukind

PostSubject: Re: Jakks Pacific   Fri 19 Jun 2015, 06:59

I had all of the dinos, and of course have the hyena. They are well-made but that spot is annoying. The line did not last long, and that's probably because they weren't well-distributed and kind of expensive. Which is why they're even more expensive now.

You know if all are released?

PostSubject: Re: Jakks Pacific   Fri 19 Jun 2015, 12:55

Yes, that entire series as listed was released, all at once, and was gone within a year or two.
Back to top Go down
widukind

PostSubject: Re: Jakks Pacific   Fri 19 Jun 2015, 16:15

Yes, that entire series as listed was released, all at once, and was gone within a year or two.

Thank you, you know also these from my wishlist?

frilled shark
western bongo
bagder
african spoonbill
flamingo
tree kangaroo
orang utan

i found the names of the species of this pic

Country/State : Czech Republic

PostSubject: Re: Jakks Pacific   Fri 19 Jun 2015, 16:37

As Amanda wrote, here is the full list of Jakks species:

Forest
White tiger
Tiger
Moose
Elk
Red Panda
Eagle
Black Bear
Koala

Mountain
Ibex
Mountain Lion
Grizzly Bear
Andean Condor
Caracal
Panda
Buffalo
Big horn ram

Fresh Water
African spoonbill
Nile Crocodile
Platypus
Hippo
Flamingo

Ice World
Gray wolf
Arctic fox
Caribou
Badger
Penguin
Polar bear
Musk ox
Walrus

Deep sea
Great white shark
Hammerhead shark
Whale shark
Killer whale
Giant squid
Green Turtle (?)
Manta Ray
Frill Shark (?)

Shallows
Marine Iguana

Jungle
Okapi
Western Bongo
Mandrill
Orangutan
Gorilla
Jaguar
Anaconda
One more animal I can't make out

Grasslands
Olive Baboon
Giraffe
Lion
African Elephant
Cheetah
Zebra
African wild hound
Spotted Hyena
Kangaroo
Rhino
One more animal I can't make out

The original post is on this thread:
Back to top Go down
sbell

PostSubject: Re: Jakks Pacific   Fri 19 Jun 2015, 16:42

If the extended list was ever released, I never heard about it. I don't think they came out unless someone has one to prove otherwise--the line was not a success at all.

I don't think the map represented everything that got made--but was instead meant to be a way to expand the animal info available through the system.

I'm also a big freshwater fish-figure fan. Know of anything new and exciting? I need to know as well!
Back to top Go down
widukind

PostSubject: Re: Jakks Pacific   Fri 19 Jun 2015, 17:04

If the extended list was ever released, I never heard about it. I don't think they came out unless someone has one to prove otherwise--the line was not a success at all.

I don't think the map represented everything that got made--but was instead meant to be a way to expand the animal info available through the system.

Thank you again. It is a mission impossible to find out it. I search any years for information if my wishes are released but i never found a track. :)

PostSubject: Re: Jakks Pacific   Sun 21 Jun 2015, 15:42

Thank you all for the interesting information. It's a pity they're so hard to find nowadays; they made some interesting species which I'd love to have in my collection.

Wilorvise

Country/State : Michigan, USA

PostSubject: Re: Jakks Pacific   Sun 21 Jun 2015, 19:48

A bit on the pricier side, but to the US $45 for the hyena/lion two pack [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

PostSubject: Re: Jakks Pacific   Sun 21 Jun 2015, 19:49

A bit on the pricier side, but to the US $45 for the hyena/lion two pack [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Thanks Laura, I'll keep it in mind, but I'll try to look for a cheaper way first Wink

Wilorvise

Country/State : Michigan, USA

PostSubject: Re: Jakks Pacific   Sun 21 Jun 2015, 20:04

Best wishes on that. :) Seriously though, I do hope you find one in good condition for substantially less.

PostSubject: Re: Jakks Pacific   Today at 06:38

Back to top Go down

Jakks Pacific
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1