Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  

sunny Please bring your suggestions for the SUY of June CLICK here sunny

Share | 

K&M large rubber octopus, help identify!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
weaselfan93

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: K&M large rubber octopus, help identify!   Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:33 pm

I recently purchased a lot on eBay mainly for the PV osprey but there were other treasures as well including the S&N little blue penguin and this large rubbery octopus by K&M. it is rather large and bigger than the safari octopus. I think that it might be an unknown model to this forum since its not on the wiki and I have never seen it anywhere on here. I am unsure of the species but I bet our expert, Andreas could tell us. it is a nice replica similar to the rubbery eels made by K&M in the 90s
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Lance - Safari ltd wildlife collector  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Tarunyada

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: K&M large rubber octopus, help identify!   Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:39 pm

Sea life isn't one of my collecting interests, but I actually really like this octopus. Congratulations, Lance! cheers Most large K&M figurines are actually Wild Republic. For I know, all the big K&M/Wild Republic figurines that are actually marked K&M are quite rare. I'm the lucky owner of the K&M adult red wolf (which you can see [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]) and there's actually one more bigger K&M figurine on its way to me, but for as far as I know, they're quite rare Wink So this is a nice catch!

Back to top Go down
http://tarunyada.weebly.com/
weaselfan93

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: K&M Rare large Octopus please help indentify   Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:56 pm

thank you Julie, which large K&M figure are you expecting? Very Happy

Lance - Safari ltd wildlife collector  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Tarunyada

PostSubject: Re: K&M large rubber octopus, help identify!   Wed Jun 17, 2015 8:03 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
thank you Julie, which large K&M figure are you expecting? Very Happy

It'll be a canid, but the rest will be a surprise for you guys sunny

Back to top Go down
widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: K&M large rubber octopus, help identify!   Thu Jun 18, 2015 5:08 am

Congratulations Lance, a rare catch. I wish we would find informations about the line of large figurines by K&M but i lost my hope. I only know that are phantastic models.

Admin

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: K&M large rubber octopus, help identify!   Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:49 am

What a great catch you got there cheers
Is it solid rubber ?

About species, - isn't it a"Common octopus" ? scratch

Roger
Admin

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: K&M large rubber octopus, help identify!   Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:28 pm

Wild Republic is a brand created by K&M Int. They have currently a diving set with an octopus, though, I don't have any idea if it is the same:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Yours is marked K&M and I don't know if newer sets have them marked like that. Wild Republic/K&M ranges are very extensive, it is not easy to find their catalogues and as their collections cross a lot, it is hard to keep track of them all. However it is, almost surely it is from an action diving set where the octopus is almost always a Giant Pacific octopus. :)

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: K&M large rubber octopus, help identify!   Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:01 am

Wild Republic is a brand created by K&M Int. They have currently a diving set with an octopus, though, I don't have any idea if it is the same:
Yours is marked K&M and I don't know if newer sets have them marked like that. Wild Republic/K&M ranges are very extensive, it is not easy to find their catalogues and as their collections cross a lot, it is hard to keep track of them all. However it is, almost surely it is from an action diving set where the octopus is almost always a Giant Pacific octopus. :)

I dont think it is the same

Admin

PostSubject: Re: K&M large rubber octopus, help identify!   Fri Jun 19, 2015 12:56 pm

I dont think it is the same

Much probably not, mainly if the octopus is like the one we see in the blister. Arrakai (Anna from Sweden), also has a large K&M rubbery octopus that you can see [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Very Happy

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: K&M large rubber octopus, help identify!   Sat Jun 20, 2015 8:39 pm

Well, I think this time I've found it although I'm not 100% sure.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] for sale at The Big Zoo and below a video walk around:

Back to top Go down
Tarunyada

PostSubject: Re: K&M large rubber octopus, help identify!   Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:38 am

I might have found it in the 2012 Wild Republic catalogue:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

His tentacles look different, but maybe they sold them with other tentacle-poses Wink
Is there anything written underneath the octopus? Most K&M figurines are marked by species and later figurines by year as well.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: K&M large rubber octopus, help identify!   

Back to top Go down

K&M large rubber octopus, help identify!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Animal toy figures reviews and discussions :: Modern companies :: K&M - Wild Republic-
Jump to: