Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Yujin Freshwater Fishes (Mostly second releases)--walkarounds

Go down 
+12
widukind
pipsxlch
SUSANNE
Sergey
Kikimalou
Ana
WILLYBACOMAN
lucky luke
costicuba
teddi12
LeeAnn
NightLioness
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
AuthorMessage
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

Yujin Freshwater Fishes (Mostly second releases)--walkarounds - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yujin Freshwater Fishes (Mostly second releases)--walkarounds   Yujin Freshwater Fishes (Mostly second releases)--walkarounds - Page 7 EmptyWed Feb 08, 2017 1:55 am

sbell wrote:
So here's something neat--a way to know exactly what is in the Yujin Freshwater Fish series!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

This is apparently the full line--every release, every secret and special! And the price isn't totally unreasonable, considering that it is a complete collection all in one go. And everything still in original package, apparently.

I especially appreciate the list of models--lets us know what came with what set. It would have been nice of there were images of everything, since it can be more difficult to guess what paint scheme is from a first release, second release or box set (some, like the Arowanas, are especially difficult to tell).

And if someone does get it...they should create the complete catalogue! Then we'll have a complete reference!

150€ for teh wholse series isn't indeed an unfair price. I would love to have 150 to spend just right now drunken
Back to top Go down
sbell

sbell

Country/State : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Yujin Freshwater Fishes (Mostly second releases)--walkarounds   Yujin Freshwater Fishes (Mostly second releases)--walkarounds - Page 7 EmptyWed Feb 08, 2017 8:29 am

Kikimalou wrote:
sbell wrote:
So here's something neat--a way to know exactly what is in the Yujin Freshwater Fish series!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

This is apparently the full line--every release, every secret and special! And the price isn't totally unreasonable, considering that it is a complete collection all in one go. And everything still in original package, apparently.

I especially appreciate the list of models--lets us know what came with what set. It would have been nice of there were images of everything, since it can be more difficult to guess what paint scheme is from a first release, second release or box set (some, like the Arowanas, are especially difficult to tell).

And if someone does get it...they should create the complete catalogue! Then we'll have a complete reference!

150€ for teh wholse series isn't indeed an unfair price. I would love to have 150 to spend just right now drunken

If I could justify the expense, I would be really tempted as well...although we'll see what it actually sells for--the one figure alone (the cherry salmon x char hybrid on its own usually costs almost that much!)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I'm also a big freshwater fish-figure fan. Know of anything new and exciting? I need to know as well!
Back to top Go down
http://faunafigures.com/
sbell

sbell

PostSubject: Re: Yujin Freshwater Fishes (Mostly second releases)--walkarounds   Yujin Freshwater Fishes (Mostly second releases)--walkarounds - Page 7 EmptyWed Feb 08, 2017 9:58 pm

Hey, fun update on one of the early posts--so the Paradise fish was listed by Yujin as Macropodus chinensis. It turns out that this species has been synonymized with M. ocellatus, which is known as the Round-Tail Paradise fish.

But for more fun...that was only the name given in the Second release of the series. In the previous releases (thanks to that auction, I now know there are two others--the orignal first series, and the revised series) it was listed as M. opercularis, the common Paradisefish--except that the figure (from what I can tell) never had the forked tail that defines the Paradise fish, but instead always had the round tail.

sbell wrote:
This figure is the Paradise Fish (or Paradise Gourami), Macropodus chinensis , number 10 from the first series. This is the first and only anabantid figure in the set. The Paradise Fish is a generalist species that is found, like many of the fish in the series, in waterways throughout eastern Asia from Korea to Vietnam. Although highly adaptable and overall common in their range, they are apparently considered threated in Thailand due to pollution (which has allowed mosquitoes and their associated diseases to increase—lousy ecological cycles); and then, in Japan, they were deliberately introduced (for pest control!) and are considered invasive. As with the few previous entries, the Paradise Fish is common in aquariums—in fact, it was one of the first ‘exotic’ aquarium fish available to the ‘western’ world. They remain popular, despite being quite aggressive, mainly because they are also very attractive. The Yujin model (and other sources) states that the normal size is around 7cm.

I'm also a big freshwater fish-figure fan. Know of anything new and exciting? I need to know as well!
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Yujin Freshwater Fishes (Mostly second releases)--walkarounds   Yujin Freshwater Fishes (Mostly second releases)--walkarounds - Page 7 EmptyThu Feb 09, 2017 2:51 am

A interesting serie :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Yujin Freshwater Fishes (Mostly second releases)--walkarounds   Yujin Freshwater Fishes (Mostly second releases)--walkarounds - Page 7 EmptyMon Feb 20, 2017 9:50 am

The quality level is just impressive! ªIt doesnt matter how challenging is the sculpt or painting, Yujin will always get it correct! Very Happy

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: Yujin Freshwater Fishes (Mostly second releases)--walkarounds   Yujin Freshwater Fishes (Mostly second releases)--walkarounds - Page 7 EmptySat Mar 28, 2020 10:22 pm

Sbell, I am helping Roger list goldfish models in the Toy Animal Wiki. As my wild type/Langsdorf's goldfish Carassius auratus langsdofi came to me with what I think is the wrong base, would you mind if we used one of your photos in the wiki? Thanks!
Back to top Go down
sbell

sbell

PostSubject: Re: Yujin Freshwater Fishes (Mostly second releases)--walkarounds   Yujin Freshwater Fishes (Mostly second releases)--walkarounds - Page 7 EmptySun Mar 29, 2020 12:55 am

pipsxlch wrote:
Sbell, I am helping Roger list goldfish models in the Toy Animal Wiki. As my wild type/Langsdorf's goldfish Carassius auratus langsdofi came to me with what I think is the wrong base, would you mind if we used one of your photos in the wiki? Thanks!

Of course, go ahead.

Back to top Go down
lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: Yujin Freshwater Fishes (Mostly second releases)--walkarounds   Yujin Freshwater Fishes (Mostly second releases)--walkarounds - Page 7 EmptySun May 02, 2021 8:40 am

Very Happy Applause cheers study study study drunken sunny I love you
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Yujin Freshwater Fishes (Mostly second releases)--walkarounds   Yujin Freshwater Fishes (Mostly second releases)--walkarounds - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

Yujin Freshwater Fishes (Mostly second releases)--walkarounds
Page 7 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7