Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Expectations for CollectA 2016?

Go down 
+47
cattlecollector
Florian
signatus
SUSANNE
skysthelimit
JamesPanda
Roger
Tupolew Tu-154
bojan
sbell
Silver Unicornis
LeeAnn
ken yeo
Ana
Bloodrayne
Bongo
LukaLeon085
Midnight wolf stables
Duck-Anch-Amun
Juan Andrés
sauroid
Saien
almisi43
Tarunyada
onatello
Kikimalou
MartinH
twilighter
Numa
MARTINLATIN
Carola
Jetty
lucky luke
ze_neto
Takama
shadoweon
Night Elf
citizen5
Realbelovedgirl
john2xtheman
Blublub
NightLioness
Anasta SchwarzeWölfin
Gwaine
Fossa
widukind
Saarlooswolfhound
51 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

Expectations for CollectA 2016? - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Expectations for CollectA 2016?   Expectations for CollectA 2016? - Page 8 EmptyFri Nov 20, 2015 3:41 pm

One last chance for wild canids this year... bounce Oh well, I'm happy with the thylacine at the very least, but there are several great models this year so far. Very Happy Does anyone know if there will be any new farm animals or just horses this year?

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
shadoweon

shadoweon

Country/State : Virginia,United States

PostSubject: Re: Expectations for CollectA 2016?   Expectations for CollectA 2016? - Page 8 EmptyFri Nov 20, 2015 9:23 pm

I really think CollectA needs to update some of their older models like the initial dogs and wolves, they really aren't up to par with the current models. Not really into the open mouth Thylacines but it is nicer than Mojo's.

Going off what's been announced for i'll only be getting the Tahr but the Eland calf will be on my wish-list. Hoping there might be something else I like in the final batch.

Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Expectations for CollectA 2016?   Expectations for CollectA 2016? - Page 8 EmptyFri Nov 20, 2015 10:43 pm

Midnight wolf stables wrote:
Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
bounce cant wait for tomorrow. Im hoping for some wild canids this year.

Me too!!  Very Happy Very Happy

widukind wrote:
Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
I just have hope for them with canids (since no other company seems too interested thus far outside of wolves and foxes). I love wolves, don't get me wrong, but there are also so many other species of canids out there that could be done, and CollectA seems to be the brand to do them. Nevertheless they could update their current wolf models to match their newer style. But canids come in three kinds generally, Large (meaning species of wolves), medium (meaning coyotes and jackals), and small (various species of foxes, or raccoon dogs etc.) and anything other than gray wolves and red foxes would be welcome. Again not that I don't like gray wolves and red foxes, but there is more out there. And we have been lucky with some things like fennec foxes and jackals, but there are bat eared foxes, dholes, dingos, arctic wolves, raccoon dogs, etc. etc. that could be done and CollectA would do such a lovely job. Very Happy
Now I'm done with my rant.... Wink

I totally agree :)
Ha, I'm getting a following. Laughing Really though, most gray wolf species represented would be northern latitude varieties such as North American/Rocky Mountain or Russian (due to coloration and general body conformation), when there are other species too, like eastern gray wolves (much slighter in build), Mexican gray wolves, red wolves (I wait the day AAA will be joined by some good red wolves), and other canid species. I would say that PV did a good job, but those are smaller slightly less detailed figures than if CollectA took on the task. Plus they have covered so many species of antelope and wild sheep/goats why not do canids too?

shadoweon wrote:
I really think CollectA needs to update some of their older models like the initial dogs and wolves, they really aren't up to par with the current models. Not really into the open mouth Thylacines but it is nicer than Mojo's.

Going off what's been announced for i'll only be getting the Tahr but the Eland calf will be on my wish-list. Hoping there might be something else I like in the final batch.
And I totally agree with you. There are several figures that don't fit in with their range of style anymore, that could be modernized to their current style or replaced by something else altogether. The wolves or older dogs are great examples.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
sbell

sbell

Country/State : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Expectations for CollectA 2016?   Expectations for CollectA 2016? - Page 8 EmptyFri Nov 20, 2015 11:00 pm

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
Midnight wolf stables wrote:
Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
bounce cant wait for tomorrow. Im hoping for some wild canids this year.

Me too!!  Very Happy Very Happy

widukind wrote:
Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
I just have hope for them with canids (since no other company seems too interested thus far outside of wolves and foxes). I love wolves, don't get me wrong, but there are also so many other species of canids out there that could be done, and CollectA seems to be the brand to do them. Nevertheless they could update their current wolf models to match their newer style. But canids come in three kinds generally, Large (meaning species of wolves), medium (meaning coyotes and jackals), and small (various species of foxes, or raccoon dogs etc.) and anything other than gray wolves and red foxes would be welcome. Again not that I don't like gray wolves and red foxes, but there is more out there. And we have been lucky with some things like fennec foxes and jackals, but there are bat eared foxes, dholes, dingos, arctic wolves, raccoon dogs, etc. etc. that could be done and CollectA would do such a lovely job. Very Happy
Now I'm done with my rant.... Wink

I totally agree :)
Ha, I'm getting a following.  Laughing Really though, most gray wolf species represented would be northern latitude varieties such as North American/Rocky Mountain or Russian (due to coloration and general body conformation), when there are other species too, like eastern gray wolves (much slighter in build), Mexican gray wolves, red wolves (I wait the day AAA will be joined by some good red wolves), and other canid species. I would say that PV did a good job, but those are smaller slightly less detailed figures than if CollectA took on the task. Plus they have covered so many species of antelope and wild sheep/goats why not do canids too?

shadoweon wrote:

And I totally agree with you. There are several figures that don't fit in with their range of style anymore, that could be modernized to their current style or replaced by something else altogether. The wolves or older dogs are  great examples.

Although I agree, I'm still going to be the dissenter here.

For every mongoose, civet, procyonid or hyena, there are likely 4-6 bears, dogs or cats.

It would be nice to see the other fissiped carnivoran groups represented a little better--as it is, there are 2, the red panda and the striped hyena. Those two figures demonstrate the CollectA could do a great job with them (I mean, come on--the extinct machairodonts have 2 CollectA figures!)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I'm also a big freshwater fish-figure fan. Know of anything new and exciting? I need to know as well!
Back to top Go down
http://faunafigures.com/
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Expectations for CollectA 2016?   Expectations for CollectA 2016? - Page 8 EmptyFri Nov 20, 2015 11:05 pm

I believe there's a zebra coming, don't know which species and much probably a primate. monkey An antelope adult is also confirmed.
About wild dogs, besides the grey wolves and the red fox, CollectA already made a fennec fox, a maned wolf, a blakc-backed jackal. Of course I'd also loved to see more canids but these 5 species seems quite fair.
On the other hand, since they decided to diversify their range, they never made a rhinoceros. They still keep the old and not very good white rhino.

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Expectations for CollectA 2016?   Expectations for CollectA 2016? - Page 8 EmptyFri Nov 20, 2015 11:34 pm

sbell wrote:

For every mongoose, civet, procyonid or hyena, there are likely 4-6 bears, dogs or cats.

It would be nice to see the other fissiped carnivoran groups represented a little better--as it is, there are 2, the red panda and the striped hyena. Those two figures demonstrate the CollectA could do a great job with them (I mean, come on--the extinct machairodonts have 2 CollectA figures!)

Of course you are right, althought they also made an excellent otter Very Happy

A Sunda stink badger (mydaus javanensis) would be great too!

Roger wrote:
I believe there's a zebra coming, don't know which species and much probably a primate. monkey  An antelope adult is also confirmed.
About wild dogs, besides the grey wolves and the red fox, CollectA already made a fennec fox, a maned wolf, a blakc-backed jackal. Of course I'd also loved to see more canids but these 5 species seems quite fair.
On the other hand, since they decided to diversify their range, they never made a rhinoceros. They still keep the old and not very good white rhino.

Antelope: Why not a Saiga or a Nilgai?

Two other hoofed animals: A muskox? Wink A Javan rhinoceros?

five Canidsis a very honorable ratio but, since it is ColelctA, there is still a place for a Dhole, a Bush dog or an Abyssinian wolf drunken
Back to top Go down
arafan

arafan

Country/State : Brazil

PostSubject: Re: Expectations for CollectA 2016?   Expectations for CollectA 2016? - Page 8 EmptyFri Nov 20, 2015 11:53 pm

I absolutely don't like the red panda, I think this one could be replaced by a bintourong or something like that. The otter is very old-style too, so I would prefer to see a giant otter.

sbell

PostSubject: Re: Expectations for CollectA 2016?   Expectations for CollectA 2016? - Page 8 EmptyFri Nov 20, 2015 11:57 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
sbell wrote:

Of course you are right, althought they also made an excellent otter  Very Happy

A Sunda stink badger (mydaus javanensis) would be great too!

five Canidsis a very honorable ratio but, since it is ColelctA, there is still a place for a Dhole, a Bush dog or an Abyssinian wolf drunken

I forgot the otter of course--but I still maintain that we need one of the good companies to do some civets, and a mongoose or two that are NOT meerkats (we get it...they were in the Lion King. That was a generation ago...). To say nothing of say, a coati or less common mustelid.

Play Visions shouldn't still be the only company to do things like that.

I'm also a big freshwater fish-figure fan. Know of anything new and exciting? I need to know as well!
Back to top Go down
Tupolew Tu-154

Tupolew Tu-154

Country/State : Skynet Central

PostSubject: Re: Expectations for CollectA 2016?   Expectations for CollectA 2016? - Page 8 EmptySat Nov 21, 2015 12:07 am

Will we get more news? I want prehistoric mammals.

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Expectations for CollectA 2016?   Expectations for CollectA 2016? - Page 8 EmptySat Nov 21, 2015 12:09 am

arafan wrote:
I absolutely don't like the red panda, I think this one could be replaced by a bintourong or something like that. The otter is very old-style too, so I would prefer to see a giant otter.

I agree for the Red panda but I can't find a better otter than the collectA one except some japanese models.

sbell wrote:

I forgot the otter of course--but I still maintain that we need one of the good companies to do some civets, and a mongoose or two that are NOT meerkats (we get it...they were in the Lion King. That was a generation ago...). To say nothing of say, a coati or less common mustelid.

CollectA could be the PV children, it is already the Starlux grand son Laughing It would be fine if they make new small carnivorans, why not some incredible tubes?
Back to top Go down
sbell

sbell

PostSubject: Re: Expectations for CollectA 2016?   Expectations for CollectA 2016? - Page 8 EmptySat Nov 21, 2015 12:29 am

Kikimalou wrote:
arafan wrote:

I agree for the Red panda but I can't find a better otter than the collectA one except some japanese models.

sbell wrote:

CollectA could be the PV children, it is already the Starlux grand son Laughing  It would be fine if they make new small carnivorans, why not some incredible tubes?

I have tried suggesting that--think of the small animals that could be done! Also, the tube style is awesome.

Tupolew Tu-154 wrote:
Will we get more news? I want prehistoric mammals.

There's supposed to be one, but don't yet know what!

Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Expectations for CollectA 2016?   Expectations for CollectA 2016? - Page 8 EmptySat Nov 21, 2015 1:06 am

I see what you mean Sbell, I would like more small carnivores as well as you suggest, I just advocate for canids since they are my favorites. And if you think about it there is an endless list of species that should be made, again I just hope for canids since I like them most. And as Kiki said, it is collectA, there seems to be some trends of fleshing out species from a family or group of animals than just one popular representation of them, there is room for a few more canids.

And since we are on the topic... a wolverine would be neat as well. I also think there should be some more wild cattle species also. So far there have been copious amounts of American and African bison, a handful of wisents and yaks, and a few others like a musk ox and a gaur and an Asian water buffalo as well. Again there are a few other species that could be done, or at least more musk oxen and wisents etc. would be welcome.

So we look forward to a possible primate, zebra, and new antelope... they should make a rhino since there isn't a good one by them. A musk ox would be a dream. drunken

Back to top Go down
Jetty

Jetty

Country/State : the Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Expectations for CollectA 2016?   Expectations for CollectA 2016? - Page 8 EmptySat Nov 21, 2015 11:37 am

Peruvian Paso Foal - Chestnut
88749 Camargue - Grey

88747 Arabian Mare Grey - Deluxe 1 :12 Scale

88746 Arabian Mare Chestnut - Deluxe 1 :12 Scale

saw these on facebook..... and of course the Ardenner stallion but he already has his topic... Laughing

Back to top Go down
arafan

arafan

PostSubject: Re: Expectations for CollectA 2016?   Expectations for CollectA 2016? - Page 8 EmptySat Nov 21, 2015 11:52 am

They also have their toppics, they are just older Razz

Jetty

Country/State : the Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Expectations for CollectA 2016?   Expectations for CollectA 2016? - Page 8 EmptySat Nov 21, 2015 4:38 pm

arafan wrote:
They also have their toppics, they are just older Razz

Oeps, did not know that, how can I delete??? Embarassed
Back to top Go down
arafan

arafan

PostSubject: Re: Expectations for CollectA 2016?   Expectations for CollectA 2016? - Page 8 EmptySat Nov 21, 2015 4:47 pm

That isn't needed, it was just comment from my side. Very Happy

Tupolew Tu-154

Country/State : Skynet Central

PostSubject: Re: Expectations for CollectA 2016?   Expectations for CollectA 2016? - Page 8 EmptySat Nov 21, 2015 11:51 pm

An Uintatherium deluxe (or Eobasileus) will be a REAL dream.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Expectations for CollectA 2016?   Expectations for CollectA 2016? - Page 8 EmptySun Nov 22, 2015 1:23 am

Kikimalou wrote:
Roger wrote:
I believe there's a zebra coming, don't know which species and much probably a primate. monkey  An antelope adult is also confirmed.

Antelope: Why not a Saiga or a Nilgai?

Two other hoofed animals: A muskox? Wink  A Javan rhinoceros?

I hope you are right and I have almost the same expectations than you. cheers

JamesPanda

Country/State : India

PostSubject: Re: Expectations for CollectA 2016?   Expectations for CollectA 2016? - Page 8 EmptySun Nov 22, 2015 6:22 am

Seems like we will have a Musk Ox Wink Very Happy sunny ... or maybe !!

skysthelimit

Country/State : Serbia

PostSubject: OMG CollectA :-)   Expectations for CollectA 2016? - Page 8 EmptyFri Nov 27, 2015 8:48 am

2016 items - Hirola, Grévy's Zebra,  Nilgai, Shoebill, Wandering Albatross cheers sunny

LukaLeon085

LukaLeon085

Country/State : ITALY

PostSubject: Re: Expectations for CollectA 2016?   Expectations for CollectA 2016? - Page 8 EmptyFri Nov 27, 2015 9:13 am

Oooh0h Shocked

Country/State : indonesia

PostSubject: Re: Expectations for CollectA 2016?   Expectations for CollectA 2016? - Page 8 EmptyFri Nov 27, 2015 9:17 am

They are amazing! Wait until you see the photos...

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Expectations for CollectA 2016?   Expectations for CollectA 2016? - Page 8 EmptyFri Nov 27, 2015 9:53 am

I saw the photos cheers

john2xtheman

john2xtheman

Country/State : u.s.a.

PostSubject: Re: Expectations for CollectA 2016?   Expectations for CollectA 2016? - Page 8 EmptyFri Nov 27, 2015 10:36 am

I've seen the photos too,on CollectA's Facebook page.In addition to the five animals mentioned in this thread,there are two more prehistoric animals revealed also:
Andrewsarchus mongoliensis and a new updated Deinocheirus mirificus. Very Happy

JamesPanda

Country/State : India

PostSubject: Re: Expectations for CollectA 2016?   Expectations for CollectA 2016? - Page 8 EmptyFri Nov 27, 2015 12:13 pm

just seen the Pics on the FB page , awesome !! all the figures in this release are simply MUST HAVES !! I love you them all

PostSubject: Re: Expectations for CollectA 2016?   Expectations for CollectA 2016? - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

Expectations for CollectA 2016?
Page 8 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next