Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Free animals sculpting workshop Autumn 2015

Go down 
+16
Jetty
JackyLovertjex
Silver Unicornis
Kikimalou
A-J
goatherder
Roger
Geospiza fortis
Anasta SchwarzeWölfin
Florian
SUSANNE
Ana
costicuba
LeeAnn
NightLioness
Tarunyada
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

Workshop - Free animals sculpting workshop Autumn 2015 Empty
PostSubject: Free animals sculpting workshop Autumn 2015   Workshop - Free animals sculpting workshop Autumn 2015 EmptyFri Jun 26, 2015 2:20 pm

Hello friends,

I guess this is more for collectors from The Netherlands but anyone who would want to come is welcome. My idea is to invite you on sculpting workshop on which anyone who like can learn sculpting animal figures, and sculpt one animal during the workshop. I will be here to help and advice, show some examples, say some words and show some pictures about animals anatomy etc. It would  be here in De Meern (about 10 km from Utrecht centrum) at my home and it would be open for anyone who like to try. I thought it would look somewhat like that, but it's just an idea not a ready plan yet, so things may be changed. Most of all IF anyone wants to try Wink

Few things I thought about it:

-I would like each person to be able to start and finish (or almost finish) sculpting one animal if his/her choice in chosen pose and scale

-I calculated we would most probably need two meetings, preferably two Saturdays, each time about 4 hours sculpting + some time for lunch (lets say 2 hours sculpting + some time for lunch +2 hours sculpting again)

- the workshop will be free, the only cost is polymer clay (Super Sculpey) which I would order for each person and if you don't use the whole package you take the rest of this material home (unless you have own Super Sculpey, then you can bring it here)

-I will purchase some additional tools so anyone can use what's necessary, but if you like to take own tools, it's also great idea

- The group should not be bigger than 5 person (due to space limit on the tables)

-I was thinking of starting it in Autumn, October for example, but it also depends what would suit you better

-I will try to keep it in Dutch language, I hope I will be able to explain everything in Dutch, if I still have problems I will allow myself to use some English Wink

I wonder if anyone is interested, please write in this topic. If we collect small group we can also contact via PM about all details Smile As I said this is supposed to start in Autumn 2015, so we have time to decide details. I would be really happy if that come true Smile

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Tarunyada

Tarunyada

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Free animals sculpting workshop Autumn 2015   Workshop - Free animals sculpting workshop Autumn 2015 EmptyFri Jun 26, 2015 2:30 pm

Anna, this is such a wonderful idea! cheers I would love to join, if I find time besides school. Now I feel lucky for living in the Netherlands xD

Back to top Go down
http://tarunyada.weebly.com/
NightLioness
NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: Free animals sculpting workshop Autumn 2015   Workshop - Free animals sculpting workshop Autumn 2015 EmptyFri Jun 26, 2015 2:43 pm

Oooh my goodness!! I want to join too Very Happy This is an fantastic idea. I hope Tijn could drive me :3

Ana

PostSubject: Re: Free animals sculpting workshop Autumn 2015   Workshop - Free animals sculpting workshop Autumn 2015 EmptyFri Jun 26, 2015 2:49 pm

Yay, nice to see you are enthusiastic about this idea Karin and Julie! Very Happy Now I'm getting excited and can't wait, haha Very Happy Laughing bounce

Back to top Go down
costicuba

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: Free animals sculpting workshop Autumn 2015   Workshop - Free animals sculpting workshop Autumn 2015 EmptyFri Jun 26, 2015 2:52 pm

I great and so generous idea Anna Applause cheers Applause
Ahh, lucky Netherlands friends.... Very Happy

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Free animals sculpting workshop Autumn 2015   Workshop - Free animals sculpting workshop Autumn 2015 EmptyFri Jun 26, 2015 2:54 pm

I wish I could come!!

Ana

PostSubject: Re: Free animals sculpting workshop Autumn 2015   Workshop - Free animals sculpting workshop Autumn 2015 EmptyFri Jun 26, 2015 3:02 pm

Thanks LeeAnn and Kosta! It would be so nice if you could come but I know it's far away for you. Now we probably need a teleport Laughing

Back to top Go down
costicuba

costicuba

PostSubject: Re: Free animals sculpting workshop Autumn 2015   Workshop - Free animals sculpting workshop Autumn 2015 EmptyFri Jun 26, 2015 3:06 pm

Or......we can make this workshop online ... ? Laughing
...with visual group connection on skype ... Very Happy

Ana

PostSubject: Re: Free animals sculpting workshop Autumn 2015   Workshop - Free animals sculpting workshop Autumn 2015 EmptyFri Jun 26, 2015 3:16 pm

costicuba wrote:

It's interesting idea but I think Skype is not the same, it doesn't give the opportunity to watch the form of sculpture very precisely and to watch it in 3D. That's why online tutorial is not exactly the same thing as workshop in reality. study
Do you think dancing workshop would be doable via Skype? Wink

Back to top Go down
costicuba

costicuba

PostSubject: Re: Free animals sculpting workshop Autumn 2015   Workshop - Free animals sculpting workshop Autumn 2015 EmptyFri Jun 26, 2015 3:44 pm

Ana wrote:
costicuba wrote:

It's interesting idea but I think Skype is not the same, it doesn't give the opportunity to watch the form of sculpture very precisely and to watch it in 3D. That's why online tutorial is not exactly the same thing as workshop in reality. study  

Haha, of course you are right..:)
It was a joke..just kidding :))

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Free animals sculpting workshop Autumn 2015   Workshop - Free animals sculpting workshop Autumn 2015 EmptyFri Jun 26, 2015 6:16 pm

LeeAnn wrote:
I wish I could come!!

Me too !
WOW ! It must be fun, - what a generous offer, Anna Applause cheers

Ana

Ana

PostSubject: Re: Free animals sculpting workshop Autumn 2015   Workshop - Free animals sculpting workshop Autumn 2015 EmptyFri Jun 26, 2015 6:16 pm

costicuba wrote:
Ana wrote:
costicuba wrote:

Haha, of course you are right..:)
It was a joke..just kidding :))

Actually I think the idea of getting sculpting advice via Skype isn't bad at all. Maybe it's something to do in future. However during the actual workshop having also the Skype conversation on the computer would be distracting, I would prefer to concentrate on one thing at a time. Smile
If you start sculpting and would like to ask me anything about the technique etc via Skype, no problem, you can do this. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Florian

Florian

Country/State : Belgium , Plateau de Herve

PostSubject: Re: Free animals sculpting workshop Autumn 2015   Workshop - Free animals sculpting workshop Autumn 2015 EmptyFri Jun 26, 2015 7:03 pm

Fabulous idea, I'm not so far of you, it's to think for me :)

Ana

Ana

PostSubject: Re: Free animals sculpting workshop Autumn 2015   Workshop - Free animals sculpting workshop Autumn 2015 EmptyFri Jun 26, 2015 7:08 pm

Florian wrote:
Fabulous idea, I'm not so far of you, it's to think for me :)
Great! Would be so nice if you come too! cheers cheers cheers

Last edited by Ana on Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Anasta SchwarzeWölfin

Anasta SchwarzeWölfin

Country/State : Russia

PostSubject: Re: Free animals sculpting workshop Autumn 2015   Workshop - Free animals sculpting workshop Autumn 2015 EmptyFri Jun 26, 2015 7:36 pm

Oh my god, wonderful idea! It's so sad that I can't join Crying or Very sad

'Til then I walk alone.

Workshop - Free animals sculpting workshop Autumn 2015 Dsc_1112
Back to top Go down
http://schwarzwolfin.deviantart.com/
Geospiza fortis

Geospiza fortis

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Free animals sculpting workshop Autumn 2015   Workshop - Free animals sculpting workshop Autumn 2015 EmptySat Jun 27, 2015 12:44 am

I would join in if I could, but my TARDIS is not in working order at the moment. Laughing
Seriously, though, it is a good idea, and I would be there if I lived close enough.
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

PostSubject: Re: Free animals sculpting workshop Autumn 2015   Workshop - Free animals sculpting workshop Autumn 2015 EmptySat Jun 27, 2015 10:55 am

Anasta SchwarzeWölfin wrote:
Oh my god, wonderful idea! It's so sad that I can't join Crying or Very sad

Geospiza fortis wrote:
I would join in if I could, but my TARDIS is not in working order at the moment. Laughing
Seriously, though, it is a good idea, and I would be there if I lived close enough.

Haha, would be nice to have special STS-TARDIS for such occasion Very Happy cat rabbit

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Free animals sculpting workshop Autumn 2015   Workshop - Free animals sculpting workshop Autumn 2015 EmptyMon Jun 29, 2015 12:50 am

That's an excellent idea, very generous from you too and I think a very special and unique chance to those that can go there. I believe that if a good group take it seriously, your initiative will be a success.
Is not everyday that a sculptor can meet a professional supertalented and kind like you. You even make some of the figures we collect and that are mass produced.
I think we can use STS-Forum newsletter system to divulge your initiative. Some thousands of collectors will receive an e-mail informing about the workshop, if some of them join it, I am sure it could work.
Just write the information to the newsletter and we send it. bounce cheers

Ana

PostSubject: Re: Free animals sculpting workshop Autumn 2015   Workshop - Free animals sculpting workshop Autumn 2015 EmptyWed Jul 01, 2015 3:59 pm

Thank you Roger, I will send you PM Very Happy

Back to top Go down
goatherder

goatherder

Country/State : Ireland

PostSubject: Re: Free animals sculpting workshop Autumn 2015   Workshop - Free animals sculpting workshop Autumn 2015 EmptyThu Jul 02, 2015 12:10 am

Wow!Anna What a great idea.
i would also like to come and meet some of you face to face, instead of type to type. i wish you luck in this venture.
You must post the photos of the things you make.
Back to top Go down
A-J

A-J

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Free animals sculpting workshop Autumn 2015   Workshop - Free animals sculpting workshop Autumn 2015 EmptySun Aug 30, 2015 7:37 pm

I completely missed this topic! I sounds very interesting!
If I have time beside studying I'd like to come!
(is your place a bit accessible by OV (public transport)?)

Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/ajs.artistry/
Ana

Ana

PostSubject: Re: Free animals sculpting workshop Autumn 2015   Workshop - Free animals sculpting workshop Autumn 2015 EmptyMon Aug 31, 2015 10:12 am

Hello friends! Yes, it's almost September and I think it's good to start thinking when would be the best moment for the workshop! Very Happy For me September will be very busy. But October/November seems fine. Any ideas about which weekend of October or November would suit you?

Anne-Joke, yes, the bus stop is not far from my place. I don't know in which city in the Netherlands you live? The easiest way by public transport is to come by train to the station Vleuten and then by bus 28 (direction Utrecht CS ) to the bus stop Europaweg (in De Meern).
Or you can go by train to Utrecht CS and then take the bus 28, direction Vleuten and you go to Europaweg too (this is about 25 minutes by bus).

Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Free animals sculpting workshop Autumn 2015   Workshop - Free animals sculpting workshop Autumn 2015 EmptyMon Aug 31, 2015 9:17 pm

It is a great idea generous Anna cheers If I lived near you I would love to come drunken Even if I speak Dutch like a crested macaque Laughing

Unfortunately I lived 2hours 17min from you... scratch Shocked I need to think about this Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Florian

Florian

Country/State : Belgium , Plateau de Herve

PostSubject: Re: Free animals sculpting workshop Autumn 2015   Workshop - Free animals sculpting workshop Autumn 2015 EmptyMon Aug 31, 2015 10:46 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
It is a great idea generous Anna cheers  If I lived near you I would love to come drunken Even if I speak Dutch like a crested macaque Laughing

Unfortunately  I lived 2hours 17min from you... scratch Shocked I need to think about this Very Happy

Venez Christophe, on se poêlera sûrement bien, tout en restant studieux :p

Silver Unicornis

Silver Unicornis

Country/State : Polish girl living in Scotland

PostSubject: Re: Free animals sculpting workshop Autumn 2015   Workshop - Free animals sculpting workshop Autumn 2015 EmptyMon Aug 31, 2015 11:22 pm

Aww, I so wish I could go Sad Maybe another time?

Blog | Facebook
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Free animals sculpting workshop Autumn 2015   Workshop - Free animals sculpting workshop Autumn 2015 Empty

Back to top Go down

Free animals sculpting workshop Autumn 2015
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next