Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas
 
Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  

Share | 
 

 Free animals sculpting workshop Autumn 2015

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Dum_my

avatar

Country/State : Nederland
Age : 25
Joined : 2013-10-24
Posts : 1319

PostSubject: Re: Free animals sculpting workshop Autumn 2015   Wed Oct 14, 2015 8:28 pm

Is there maybe room for one more (A)?

_________________
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
avatar

Country/State : Portugal
Age : 43
Joined : 2010-08-20
Posts : 22924

PostSubject: Re: Free animals sculpting workshop Autumn 2015   Wed Oct 14, 2015 10:17 pm

It is incredible how we get attached to our community! I am not going but I feel a big joy anytime I see someone saying that is going to be there. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy I really hope you all have a great journey, that you enjoy a lot and of course that you share everything with other members. Very Happy

_________________
~ Rogério Crocodile MY collection of FOXES! Foxes I'm searching! bounce
Back to top Go down
Florian

avatar

Country/State : Belgium , Plateau de Herve
Age : 21
Joined : 2013-03-31
Posts : 1935

PostSubject: Re: Free animals sculpting workshop Autumn 2015   Wed Oct 14, 2015 10:43 pm

@Tarunyada wrote:
@NightLioness wrote:
It is official! I can come the 21 of November! So Julie, Florian and I will come to Anna the 21 of November. Anyone else??? Very Happy

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH this made my day I love you Joepie de poepie Very Happy

cheers sunny cheers
Back to top Go down
http://atrlacollectiondeflorian.weebly.com/
Ana

avatar

Country/State : come from Poland now live in The Netherlands
Age : 31
Joined : 2010-04-01
Posts : 9810

PostSubject: Re: Free animals sculpting workshop Autumn 2015   Tue Oct 20, 2015 2:40 pm

We have one month from now so I would like to order materials. I would like to order one package of Super Sculpey for each person. But perhaps any of you already have this clay and don't have to buy? Also, please let me know if you prefer soft, medium or firm version of SS. I use medium blend. Firm is too hard for me and soft is in some moments too soft but in general also very nice to works with. I have just found a shop which have medium blend Super Sculpey, it's actually new product for this year and I couldn't find it yet in most of shops. Before that I just mixed firm ss with soft but that take a lot of time. Smile

@Ana wrote:
OK, Saturday November 21st, is that day good for all of you? Smile Karin, Julie, AJ, Christophe, Florian, Kaat?, will that day suit you?

@Dum_my wrote:
Is there maybe room for one more (A)?

Smile Up to this moment Florian, Kikimalou, Karin and Julie confirmed they will come. I'm able to find place for 5 students. Kaat said it will be too close to her exams but I didn't hear any news from Anne Joke? I will write to her and as soon as I have info I will write here if there is still place. Smile

I really wish I was able to make even bigger group or perhaps if we have more people who want to come in future I will organise another meeting like that in Spring time. And then anyone who didn't participated in Autumn workshops will have first choice for Spring workshop. Does it sound OK?

_________________
Anna
Horse and Bird
Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Tarunyada

avatar

Country/State : The Netherlands
Age : 23
Joined : 2012-12-19
Posts : 3239

PostSubject: Re: Free animals sculpting workshop Autumn 2015   Tue Oct 20, 2015 2:52 pm

@Ana wrote:
We have one month from now so I would like to order materials. I would like to order one package of Super Sculpey for each person. But perhaps any of you already have this clay and don't have to buy? Also, please let me know if you prefer soft, medium or firm version of SS. I use medium blend. Firm is too hard for me and soft is in some moments too soft but in general also very nice to works with. I have just found a shop which have medium blend Super Sculpey, it's actually new product for this year and I couldn't find it yet in most of shops. Before that I just mixed firm ss with soft but that take a lot of time. Smile

I have some Super Sculpey left, but it isn't much, so it would be great if you could order a new package for me as well! cheers I actually have no idea what I'm using at the moment, so medium would be great.

_________________
Julie x busybusybusybusybusybusy
My Sirenians x Sirenian Searchlist
Back to top Go down
http://tarunyada.weebly.com/
NightLioness
Moderator
avatar

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.
Age : 27
Joined : 2013-11-04
Posts : 4670

PostSubject: Re: Free animals sculpting workshop Autumn 2015   Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:08 pm

I have no idea what would be best, so I'm going with the rest: medium please :3

The Spring Class sounds cool Very Happy
And it is fair indeed to give the ones that didn't participate in the Autumn Class a first choice :)

One question: how late can we arrive?

_________________
~Karin~
Back to top Go down
http://night-lioness.deviantart.com/
Florian

avatar

Country/State : Belgium , Plateau de Herve
Age : 21
Joined : 2013-03-31
Posts : 1935

PostSubject: Re: Free animals sculpting workshop Autumn 2015   Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:26 pm

It will be medium for me so the best for sculpting :)

I don't remember, do we must pay this super sculpey and how much ? :)

Back to top Go down
http://atrlacollectiondeflorian.weebly.com/
Dum_my

avatar

Country/State : Nederland
Age : 25
Joined : 2013-10-24
Posts : 1319

PostSubject: Re: Free animals sculpting workshop Autumn 2015   Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:38 am

I will take a place in the pring than for sure Very Happy
Sow i will order up some sculpy for that moment in spring Razz
and i really want to sculpt a horse (afcourse hahaha)
Sow i will here how it was this time in the autum for you guys
very much fun and succes to all of you flower

_________________
Back to top Go down
Ana

avatar

Country/State : come from Poland now live in The Netherlands
Age : 31
Joined : 2010-04-01
Posts : 9810

PostSubject: Re: Free animals sculpting workshop Autumn 2015   Fri Oct 30, 2015 1:20 pm

I just got package with materials for workshop! Including 5 packages of Medium Blend Super Sculpey. It's really great and it's new for me. In the past I used top mix firm and normal and now this one is just perfect. I also got a bunch of tools for you to try and use during the workshop, I think they are quite nice also Very Happy

Please, think already what species in what size and pose would you like to sculpt. You can print some photos and take them with you. I recommend to find a photo of the animal you like to sculpt in a similar pose to what you imagine and print it in the desired scale - this will be very helpful for building skeleton and later for matching proportion of your sculpture. If you have any trouble with preparing such photos you can try drawing or send the photo to me, write the scale and I will print it for you here. Very Happy

If you have favourite tools you like to use for sculpting, bring them of course. Wink

@NightLioness wrote:
I have no idea what would be best, so I'm going with the rest: medium please :3

The Spring Class sounds cool Very Happy
And it is fair indeed to give the ones that didn't participate in the Autumn Class a first choice :)

One question: how late can we arrive?

I'm not sure what would suit everyone best? Between 9:00 and 10:00AM so we would start sculpting around 10:00? I don't want to make it too early cause most of participant have to drive few hours so they would have to get up really early then?
Is the time between 9:00 and 10:00 doable for you? (question to everyone actually)

@Florian wrote:
It will be medium for me so the best for sculpting :)

I don't remember, do we must pay this super sculpey and how much ? :)


Yes, as I mentioned at the beginning the cost of material is the only cost of the workshop. But it's not obligatory to buy it from me, another option is bringing own polymer clay (also Fimo is good, similar quality to Super Sculpey) , no problem Smile
The cost of one package Super Sculpey is 12Euro and it's 0,5kg of this clay. If you don't use this amount for one animal (actually I think it's enough for 3-4 animals in schleich horse size) you take the rest of the material home and can use it for future sculptures.
Another option is to buy only half of the package (then the cost is 6,50), it's good especially if you don't plan to make many more animals in near future.

_________________
Anna
Horse and Bird
Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
NightLioness
Moderator
avatar

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.
Age : 27
Joined : 2013-11-04
Posts : 4670

PostSubject: Re: Free animals sculpting workshop Autumn 2015   Fri Oct 30, 2015 1:31 pm

Thank you for answering the questions! Very Happy
Between 9:00/10:00 is good for us Wink
And I will buy a whole package I think XD

I know the animal I want to make, although I'm doubting between two.
A Gaur calf (As I get the mother from Noemi and the bull you made for Mojo Very Happy)
Or a Coati (Neusbeer) I shall print photos of them both XD

_________________
~Karin~
Back to top Go down
http://night-lioness.deviantart.com/
Jetty

avatar

Country/State : the Netherlands
Age : 50
Joined : 2014-08-03
Posts : 507

PostSubject: Re: Free animals sculpting workshop Autumn 2015   Fri Oct 30, 2015 2:22 pm

Veel plezier iedereen! laat ons meegenieten dmv foto's ?!
Back to top Go down
Florian

avatar

Country/State : Belgium , Plateau de Herve
Age : 21
Joined : 2013-03-31
Posts : 1935

PostSubject: Re: Free animals sculpting workshop Autumn 2015   Tue Nov 03, 2015 8:31 pm

@Ana wrote:
I just got package with materials for workshop! Including 5 packages of Medium Blend Super Sculpey. It's really great and it's new for me. In the past I used top mix firm and normal and now this one is just perfect. I also got a bunch of tools for you to try and use during the workshop, I think they are quite nice also Very Happy

Please, think already what species in what size and pose would you like to sculpt. You can print some photos and take them with you. I recommend to find a photo of the animal you like to sculpt in a similar pose to what you imagine and print it in the desired scale - this will be very helpful for building skeleton and later for matching proportion of your sculpture. If you have any trouble with preparing such photos you can try drawing or send the photo to me, write the scale and I will print it for you here. Very Happy

If you have favourite tools you like to use for sculpting, bring them of course. Wink

@NightLioness wrote:
I have no idea what would be best, so I'm going with the rest: medium please :3

The Spring Class sounds cool Very Happy
And it is fair indeed to give the ones that didn't participate in the Autumn Class a first choice :)

One question: how late can we arrive?

I'm not sure what would suit everyone best? Between 9:00 and 10:00AM so we would start sculpting around 10:00? I don't want to make it too early cause most of participant have to drive few hours so they would have to get up really early then?
Is the time between 9:00 and 10:00 doable for you? (question to everyone actually)

@Florian wrote:
It will be medium for me so the best for sculpting :)

I don't remember, do we must pay this super sculpey and how much ? :)


Yes, as I mentioned at the beginning the cost of material is the only cost of the workshop. But it's not obligatory to buy it from me, another option is bringing own polymer clay (also Fimo is good, similar quality to Super Sculpey) , no problem Smile
The cost of one package Super Sculpey is 12Euro and it's 0,5kg of this clay. If you don't use this amount for one animal (actually I think it's enough for 3-4 animals in schleich horse size) you take the rest of the material home and can use it for future sculptures.
Another option is to buy only half of the package (then the cost is 6,50), it's good especially if you don't plan to make many more animals in near future.

Anna, I think it will be good for the package of 12.50 Eur :)
Back to top Go down
http://atrlacollectiondeflorian.weebly.com/
Tarunyada

avatar

Country/State : The Netherlands
Age : 23
Joined : 2012-12-19
Posts : 3239

PostSubject: Re: Free animals sculpting workshop Autumn 2015   Thu Nov 05, 2015 5:13 pm

Between 09:00 and 10:00 will be good for me as well! cheers Oh I'm so excited about this Very Happy And I'll take a whole package of Super Sculpey as well Wink Do you want it cash or can we transfer it through PayPal/iDeal?

Now I have to think about an animal.. Hmm difficult, difficult.. scratch There are so many species I like xD

_________________
Julie x busybusybusybusybusybusy
My Sirenians x Sirenian Searchlist
Back to top Go down
http://tarunyada.weebly.com/
Ana

avatar

Country/State : come from Poland now live in The Netherlands
Age : 31
Joined : 2010-04-01
Posts : 9810

PostSubject: Re: Free animals sculpting workshop Autumn 2015   Sun Nov 15, 2015 2:24 pm

Hi friends, there is less than one week since today and our workshop will take place. I will write more detailed plan tonight and post it here. Please check this topic for updates in the next few days. Smile I can't wait for the Saturday! Wink

_________________
Anna
Horse and Bird
Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Florian

avatar

Country/State : Belgium , Plateau de Herve
Age : 21
Joined : 2013-03-31
Posts : 1935

PostSubject: Re: Free animals sculpting workshop Autumn 2015   Sun Nov 15, 2015 2:26 pm

@Ana wrote:
Hi friends, there is less than one week since today and our workshop will take place. I will write more detailed plan tonight and post it here. Please check this topic for updates in the next few days. Smile I can't wait for the Saturday! Wink  

Me too :)
Back to top Go down
http://atrlacollectiondeflorian.weebly.com/
Kikimalou
Admin
avatar

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE
Age : 53
Joined : 2010-04-01
Posts : 15038

PostSubject: Re: Free animals sculpting workshop Autumn 2015   Sun Nov 15, 2015 4:50 pm

@Ana wrote:
Hi friends, there is less than one week since today and our workshop will take place. I will write more detailed plan tonight and post it here. Please check this topic for updates in the next few days. Smile I can't wait for the Saturday! Wink  

I will try to be with at 10:00, I can't before Wink

_________________
Christophe
My topics on STS
Back to top Go down
NightLioness
Moderator
avatar

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.
Age : 27
Joined : 2013-11-04
Posts : 4670

PostSubject: Re: Free animals sculpting workshop Autumn 2015   Sun Nov 15, 2015 5:22 pm

So exciting! Very Happy

_________________
~Karin~
Back to top Go down
http://night-lioness.deviantart.com/
Tarunyada

avatar

Country/State : The Netherlands
Age : 23
Joined : 2012-12-19
Posts : 3239

PostSubject: Re: Free animals sculpting workshop Autumn 2015   Wed Nov 18, 2015 3:27 pm

I'm really looking forward to Saturday, everyone Smile

So we are welcome between 09:00 and 10:00 a.m. and we'll start around 10:00. Than I still have some questions:
- Anna, how do you want to be paid for the Super Sculpey? In cash, or by iDeal/Paypal?
- Did we agreed on bringing our own lunch?
- Until what time (not exactly, but just an estimation) will we be sculpting?
- I remember something about pizza/salad? Was that for lunch or as dinner? xD

That's it for now Razz

_________________
Julie x busybusybusybusybusybusy
My Sirenians x Sirenian Searchlist
Back to top Go down
http://tarunyada.weebly.com/
Florian

avatar

Country/State : Belgium , Plateau de Herve
Age : 21
Joined : 2013-03-31
Posts : 1935

PostSubject: Re: Free animals sculpting workshop Autumn 2015   Wed Nov 18, 2015 3:36 pm

@Tarunyada wrote:
I'm really looking forward to Saturday, everyone Smile

So we are welcome between 09:00 and 10:00 a.m. and we'll start around 10:00. Than I still have some questions:
- Anna, how do you want to be paid for the Super Sculpey? In cash, or by iDeal/Paypal?
- Did we agreed on bringing our own lunch?
- Until what time (not exactly, but just an estimation) will we be sculpting?
- I remember something about pizza/salad? Was that for lunch or as dinner? xD

That's it for now Razz

Yes and I asked if we still eat a pizza after the workshop but I don't know what's the reply of other people, so I need to bring more money?
Back to top Go down
http://atrlacollectiondeflorian.weebly.com/
NightLioness
Moderator
avatar

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.
Age : 27
Joined : 2013-11-04
Posts : 4670

PostSubject: Re: Free animals sculpting workshop Autumn 2015   Wed Nov 18, 2015 8:07 pm

Pizza is fine by me :)

_________________
~Karin~
Back to top Go down
http://night-lioness.deviantart.com/
Ana

avatar

Country/State : come from Poland now live in The Netherlands
Age : 31
Joined : 2010-04-01
Posts : 9810

PostSubject: Re: Free animals sculpting workshop Autumn 2015   Wed Nov 18, 2015 8:41 pm

Hi hi! I will answer you questions and add some more info now Smile

@Tarunyada wrote:
I'm really looking forward to Saturday, everyone Smile

So we are welcome between 09:00 and 10:00 a.m. and we'll start around 10:00. Than I still have some questions:
- Anna, how do you want to be paid for the Super Sculpey? In cash, or by iDeal/Paypal?
- Did we agreed on bringing our own lunch?
- Until what time (not exactly, but just an estimation) will we be sculpting?
- I remember something about pizza/salad? Was that for lunch or as dinner? xD

That's it for now Razz


  • for the Super Sculpey I prefer cash payment if possible please.

  • yes, I think it's fine if you bring your own lunch. I will also make a salad for lunch but it's safer option if you also have sandwich additionally, at least I think so? study  

  • I think we can sculpt until around 5pm (17:00) because later is really dark and working long with artificial lighting may cause eyes pain. But it's also no problem if we like to work about an hour longer IF you are not tired then

  • I was thinking we can order pizza and eat it after the workshop, so about 5pm or 6pm. Another option would be going together to the pizzeria or restaurant. What would you prefer? In the neighbourhood there is a handful of restaurants and also pizzeria, anything within 10 minutes by bike or 3 minutes by car. What is your preference?




OK, now the plan. How I imagine we will work:


  1. You come here between 9:00 and 10:00 AM and when everybody is here I will explain few details about how to start. About 10:00am we start working on skeletons making and the inner layer of sculpture. This may take a while, so my estimate is about 11:30-12:00 we have this part ready and can bake it. I usually bake that so it will be easier and more comfortable to work on next parts. This would be good moment for lunch so:

  2. 12:00 - 12:45 lunch time and baking the models at the same time. We would have to wait for them during baking anyway so it's good moment for lunch break.

  3. 12:50/13:00 - 17:00 (possibly with another short break about 15:00 if you like) sculpting, the main work. I think this is anyway not enough time to have these models finished that day, but we can try to make some parts ready - for example head, neck, shoulders and belly (depends on species and also the size of animal).

    When we see we have not much time left we can bake the models again, that way they will survive the journey easier. The Super Sculpey clay can be baked several times. I will also explain how to avoid problems with baking if you do it at home later.

  4. 17:00/18:00 - we can go eat something or order pizza here Smile


I'm open for suggestions too  Smile

_________________
Anna
Horse and Bird


Last edited by Ana on Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Florian

avatar

Country/State : Belgium , Plateau de Herve
Age : 21
Joined : 2013-03-31
Posts : 1935

PostSubject: Re: Free animals sculpting workshop Autumn 2015   Wed Nov 18, 2015 8:47 pm

Ohh Anna, will you explain us how to make legs ? it's the most difficult I think.
Back to top Go down
http://atrlacollectiondeflorian.weebly.com/
Ana

avatar

Country/State : come from Poland now live in The Netherlands
Age : 31
Joined : 2010-04-01
Posts : 9810

PostSubject: Re: Free animals sculpting workshop Autumn 2015   Wed Nov 18, 2015 8:56 pm

@Florian wrote:


Yes and I asked if we still eat a pizza after the workshop but I don't know what's the reply of other people, so I need to bring more money?

Yes, if we order pizza or go to the restaurant, I would prefer if every person pays for his/her own meal or each of us would pay the equal parts of final amount. I think we will find the best solution. Smile

@Florian wrote:
Ohh Anna, will you explain us how to make legs ? it's the most difficult I think.

Yes, it's up to you if you start sculpting from head and belly or from legs and hindquarters. I will try to explain and help. If you find this part most problematic perhaps it's good idea to work on it during the workshop and the easier parts you can make when you are home. Smile

_________________
Anna
Horse and Bird
Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Florian

avatar

Country/State : Belgium , Plateau de Herve
Age : 21
Joined : 2013-03-31
Posts : 1935

PostSubject: Re: Free animals sculpting workshop Autumn 2015   Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:06 pm

Cool :)

Anna, I have a more embarassing question, do you think my parents can eat with us at the pizzeria after the workshop ? They will go to Utrecht for shopping and discover the city, my mother has already looked for things to do and there is an amazing colourful church to picture. My parents have thinked about a restaurant in Utrecht but I don't know how long it would be and I don't wanna take all the time with you if they don't come before a certain hour. It was also to discover my parents, they are really nice and my father speak well Deutsch. If you prefer a pizza only between us, they can go without problems in the city but it's just for a question of time :)

Wink But I will discuss with my parents to know what will be their plan for the day, it's not a problem:) It's a proposition in fonction of how will go the day :)


Last edited by Florian on Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://atrlacollectiondeflorian.weebly.com/
Ana

avatar

Country/State : come from Poland now live in The Netherlands
Age : 31
Joined : 2010-04-01
Posts : 9810

PostSubject: Re: Free animals sculpting workshop Autumn 2015   Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:17 pm

@Florian wrote:
Cool :)

Anna, I have a more embarassing question, do you think my parents can eat with us at the pizzeria after the workshop ? They will go to Utrecht for shopping and discover the city, my mother has already looked for things to do and there is an amazing colourful church to picture. My parents have thinked about a restaurant in Utrecht but I don't know how long it would be and I don't wanna take all the time with you if they don't come before a certain hour. It was also to discover my parents, they are really nice and my father speak well Deutsch. If you prefer a pizza only between us, they can go without problems in the city but it's just for a question of time :)


I think they can eat with us, I don't see a problem Very Happy . Especially if they don't mind if we will talk mostly about animals, toys and sculpting Razz About language, I think it will be best if we all speak English, it's nice if all of us understand each other better in our little international meeting.

I don't speak Deutsch by the way ("German" in German, right?) unless you mean Dutch Wink

About going to restaurant in Utrecht I think it's not the best idea. Utrecht is about 10km from my place, parking in Utrecht is expensive and I think also restaurants there are more expensive than in my neighbourhood. Saturday evening in centre of this city may also be quite overcrowded. So I would vote for something closer to my home, but if you all say otherwise then of course I will go for that too.

_________________
Anna
Horse and Bird
Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Florian

avatar

Country/State : Belgium , Plateau de Herve
Age : 21
Joined : 2013-03-31
Posts : 1935

PostSubject: Re: Free animals sculpting workshop Autumn 2015   Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:23 pm

@Ana wrote:
@Florian wrote:
Cool :)

Anna, I have a more embarassing question, do you think my parents can eat with us at the pizzeria after the workshop ? They will go to Utrecht for shopping and discover the city, my mother has already looked for things to do and there is an amazing colourful church to picture. My parents have thinked about a restaurant in Utrecht but I don't know how long it would be and I don't wanna take all the time with you if they don't come before a certain hour. It was also to discover my parents, they are really nice and my father speak well Deutsch. If you prefer a pizza only between us, they can go without problems in the city but it's just for a question of time :)


I think they can eat with us, I don't see a problem Very Happy . Especially if they don't mind if we will talk mostly about animals, toys and sculpting Razz  About language, I think it will be best if we all speak English, it's nice if all of us understand each other better in our little international meeting.

I don't speak Deutsch by the way ("German" in German, right?) unless you mean Dutch Wink

About going to restaurant in Utrecht I think it's not the best idea. Utrecht is about 10km from my place, parking in Utrecht is expensive and I think also restaurants there are more expensive than in my neighbourhood. Saturday evening in centre of this city may also be quite overcrowded. So I would vote for something closer to my home, but if you all say otherwise then of course I will go for that too.

Ja Nederlands (Dutch Wink ). Mijn vader spreekt good Nederlands zo het is minder moeilijk als we willen spreken. But English is better :p

And indeed the pizza at home is better, and we never know with all we hear at the moment at the television and in the medias Neutral Very Happy
I'm not scared but all looks less sure outside when there are a lot of people in a same place ... :)
Back to top Go down
http://atrlacollectiondeflorian.weebly.com/
Ana

avatar

Country/State : come from Poland now live in The Netherlands
Age : 31
Joined : 2010-04-01
Posts : 9810

PostSubject: Re: Free animals sculpting workshop Autumn 2015   Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:31 pm

@Florian wrote:
@Ana wrote:
@Florian wrote:
Cool :)

Anna, I have a more embarassing question, do you think my parents can eat with us at the pizzeria after the workshop ? They will go to Utrecht for shopping and discover the city, my mother has already looked for things to do and there is an amazing colourful church to picture. My parents have thinked about a restaurant in Utrecht but I don't know how long it would be and I don't wanna take all the time with you if they don't come before a certain hour. It was also to discover my parents, they are really nice and my father speak well Deutsch. If you prefer a pizza only between us, they can go without problems in the city but it's just for a question of time :)


I think they can eat with us, I don't see a problem Very Happy . Especially if they don't mind if we will talk mostly about animals, toys and sculpting Razz  About language, I think it will be best if we all speak English, it's nice if all of us understand each other better in our little international meeting.

I don't speak Deutsch by the way ("German" in German, right?) unless you mean Dutch Wink

About going to restaurant in Utrecht I think it's not the best idea. Utrecht is about 10km from my place, parking in Utrecht is expensive and I think also restaurants there are more expensive than in my neighbourhood. Saturday evening in centre of this city may also be quite overcrowded. So I would vote for something closer to my home, but if you all say otherwise then of course I will go for that too.

Ja Nederlands (Dutch Wink ). Mijn vader spreekt good Nederlands zo het is minder moeilijk als we willen spreken. But English is better :p

And indeed the pizza at home is better, and we never know with all we hear at the moment at the television and in the medias Neutral Very Happy
I'm not scared but all looks less sure outside when there are a lot of people in a same place ... :)

Yes, I thought that you meant Dutch Smile

And about eating at home, it's OK, but we can also go to the restaurant in De Meern or somewhere near my home, that's what I meant. Because Utrecht Centre is a bit far away (and parking costs, etc). But this is also something we can agree for altogether. It will be good to choose the option together, I only suggest. Smile

_________________
Anna
Horse and Bird
Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Florian

avatar

Country/State : Belgium , Plateau de Herve
Age : 21
Joined : 2013-03-31
Posts : 1935

PostSubject: Re: Free animals sculpting workshop Autumn 2015   Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:34 pm

For me it's the same, the goal is to be together Wink We just need the advice of other friends :)
Back to top Go down
http://atrlacollectiondeflorian.weebly.com/
Florian

avatar

Country/State : Belgium , Plateau de Herve
Age : 21
Joined : 2013-03-31
Posts : 1935

PostSubject: Re: Free animals sculpting workshop Autumn 2015   Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:35 pm

Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink This tag is funny
Back to top Go down
http://atrlacollectiondeflorian.weebly.com/
Ana

avatar

Country/State : come from Poland now live in The Netherlands
Age : 31
Joined : 2010-04-01
Posts : 9810

PostSubject: Re: Free animals sculpting workshop Autumn 2015   Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:39 pm

I think you are right Wink lol! Laughing

_________________
Anna
Horse and Bird
Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
NightLioness
Moderator
avatar

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.
Age : 27
Joined : 2013-11-04
Posts : 4670

PostSubject: Re: Free animals sculpting workshop Autumn 2015   Thu Nov 19, 2015 8:08 am

I sneak Tijn in if we eat with you Anna, if that isn't a problem Wink I think eating pizza at your place is the best option. After that we need to check in, in our B&B Wink I think everything is clear now. Maybe I will finish my animal because it is a small one Razz

Ik heb er zo veel zin in! Very Happy

_________________
~Karin~
Back to top Go down
http://night-lioness.deviantart.com/
Tarunyada

avatar

Country/State : The Netherlands
Age : 23
Joined : 2012-12-19
Posts : 3239

PostSubject: Re: Free animals sculpting workshop Autumn 2015   Thu Nov 19, 2015 7:18 pm

Sounds great, Anna, thanks for explaining! cheers I'm really looking forward to Saturday bounce And I finally know what animal I'm going to sculpt, thanks to Karin xD And I think it would be great to order pizza and eat at your place.

Oh and another very important question.. What's your adress? Razz My father will probably be dropping me off and getting me afterwards, but just for sure, what was the best way to get there by public transport? I remember something with a bus stopping near your place.. xD

_________________
Julie x busybusybusybusybusybusy
My Sirenians x Sirenian Searchlist
Back to top Go down
http://tarunyada.weebly.com/
Ana

avatar

Country/State : come from Poland now live in The Netherlands
Age : 31
Joined : 2010-04-01
Posts : 9810

PostSubject: Re: Free animals sculpting workshop Autumn 2015   Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:33 am

@NightLioness wrote:
I sneak Tijn in if we eat with you Anna, if that isn't a problem Wink I think eating pizza at your place is the best option. After that we need to check in, in our B&B Wink I think everything is clear now. Maybe I will finish my animal because it is a small one Razz

Ik heb er zo veel zin in! Very Happy

Yes, it would be nice if Tijn comes also! I think I should perhaps try to contact the pizza service already that we will order a lot tomorrow? What do you think? scratch

Ja, ik heb ook veel zin in! Very Happy

@Tarunyada wrote:
Sounds great, Anna, thanks for explaining! cheers I'm really looking forward to Saturday bounce And I finally know what animal I'm going to sculpt, thanks to Karin xD And I think it would be great to order pizza and eat at your place.

Oh and another very important question.. What's your adress? Razz My father will probably be dropping me off and getting me afterwards, but just for sure, what was the best way to get there by public transport? I remember something with a bus stopping near your place.. xD

I will write you my address in PM, ok? and telephone number if you have any trouble finding it.
The public transport now:

From the Utrecht Central train station - take the city bus "28" direction Vluten (or Vleuterwijde) and ride to the bus stop "Europaweg", it is about 20 minutes usually.
From train station Vleuten, take the bus "28" direction Utrecht Central station and ride to the bus stop "Europaweg" I think this is about 10 minutes in the bus.

Seems we all agree for pizza and eating it at my place. Christophe, what about you? Do you have questions also and what is your opinion here? Very Happy

_________________
Anna
Horse and Bird
Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Kikimalou
Admin
avatar

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE
Age : 53
Joined : 2010-04-01
Posts : 15038

PostSubject: Re: Free animals sculpting workshop Autumn 2015   Fri Nov 20, 2015 11:35 am

I just answered your PM Anna, I forget I need your adress too. Very Happy

_________________
Christophe
My topics on STS
Back to top Go down
NightLioness
Moderator
avatar

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.
Age : 27
Joined : 2013-11-04
Posts : 4670

PostSubject: Re: Free animals sculpting workshop Autumn 2015   Fri Nov 20, 2015 11:58 am

Eehm, I lost your address, can you sent it to me and Julie too? XD

_________________
~Karin~
Back to top Go down
http://night-lioness.deviantart.com/
Ana

avatar

Country/State : come from Poland now live in The Netherlands
Age : 31
Joined : 2010-04-01
Posts : 9810

PostSubject: Re: Free animals sculpting workshop Autumn 2015   Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:09 pm

I've just sent you the address information in PM Smile

_________________
Anna
Horse and Bird
Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Florian

avatar

Country/State : Belgium , Plateau de Herve
Age : 21
Joined : 2013-03-31
Posts : 1935

PostSubject: Re: Free animals sculpting workshop Autumn 2015   Fri Nov 20, 2015 1:18 pm

And the address for me please :)
Back to top Go down
http://atrlacollectiondeflorian.weebly.com/
Ana

avatar

Country/State : come from Poland now live in The Netherlands
Age : 31
Joined : 2010-04-01
Posts : 9810

PostSubject: Re: Free animals sculpting workshop Autumn 2015   Fri Nov 20, 2015 1:52 pm

@Florian wrote:
And the address for me please :)
Done Smile

_________________
Anna
Horse and Bird
Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Tarunyada

avatar

Country/State : The Netherlands
Age : 23
Joined : 2012-12-19
Posts : 3239

PostSubject: Re: Free animals sculpting workshop Autumn 2015   Fri Nov 20, 2015 5:11 pm

Thanks for the adress, Anna Very Happy Oooh I'm so looking forward to this <333 See you all tomorrow! bounce cheers Have a good and safe journey, everyone!!

_________________
Julie x busybusybusybusybusybusy
My Sirenians x Sirenian Searchlist
Back to top Go down
http://tarunyada.weebly.com/
Ana

avatar

Country/State : come from Poland now live in The Netherlands
Age : 31
Joined : 2010-04-01
Posts : 9810

PostSubject: Re: Free animals sculpting workshop Autumn 2015   Fri Nov 20, 2015 5:23 pm

bounce bounce bounce

_________________
Anna
Horse and Bird
Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
NightLioness
Moderator
avatar

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.
Age : 27
Joined : 2013-11-04
Posts : 4670

PostSubject: Re: Free animals sculpting workshop Autumn 2015   Fri Nov 20, 2015 5:55 pm

@Tarunyada wrote:
Thanks for the adress, Anna Very Happy Oooh I'm so looking forward to this <333 See you all tomorrow! bounce cheers Have a good and safe journey, everyone!!

Same here! Going nuts about what to pack and such XD
See you all tomorrow bounce cheers


_________________
~Karin~
Back to top Go down
http://night-lioness.deviantart.com/
Ana

avatar

Country/State : come from Poland now live in The Netherlands
Age : 31
Joined : 2010-04-01
Posts : 9810

PostSubject: Re: Free animals sculpting workshop Autumn 2015   Sun Nov 22, 2015 2:31 pm

Hi hi all!
Thank you so much for participating in sculpting workshop yesterday Karin, Florian, Christophe and Julie! Unfortunately Anne Joke couldn't join us this time.

It was really very nice for me to see you and I'm very happy you all arrived here and created some nice animal models. The animals could'd be finished of course in one day but I think each of you made a good start and I hope you can also finish the sculptures in future. Very Happy bounce

I think it was incredible and fantastic experience to meet forum friends in real! cheers

We promised to share some photos here so here they are. If you have some more, please send them here too! Very Happy

Look, look! It really happened, STS meeting in real and a sculpting workshop! bounce

Everyone worked, very concentrated Very Happy


I tried to feel like teacher Razz


Everyone worked so hard and long that they didn't even noticed Unidentified Flying Object on the evening sky Laughing  cat Wink


And here, the started models: gaur calf by Karin, Musk ox by Florian, Ethiopian wolf by Julie and Javan badger by Kikimalou Very Happy And a very little cobra by Karin Wink Now, I truly hope you will continue working on them friends!!! flower


And now we say "hi" to all STS friends! cheers


OK, maybe less serious Wink


I hope we can repeat it in the Spring time, perhaps April. Very Happy cat elephant monkey rendeer albino alien rabbit flower

_________________
Anna
Horse and Bird
Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Florian

avatar

Country/State : Belgium , Plateau de Herve
Age : 21
Joined : 2013-03-31
Posts : 1935

PostSubject: Re: Free animals sculpting workshop Autumn 2015   Sun Nov 22, 2015 2:49 pm

Here is another picture of this very cool day :)

Back to top Go down
http://atrlacollectiondeflorian.weebly.com/
Dark Pegasus

avatar

Country/State : Poland
Age : 20
Joined : 2013-12-01
Posts : 140

PostSubject: Re: Free animals sculpting workshop Autumn 2015   Sun Nov 22, 2015 2:55 pm

Whoa ! Amazing expirience ! I would like to join one day in a meeting like that Very Happy
And really really good models !

_________________
-Aleksander-

http://darkpegasusstudio.weebly.com/

Back to top Go down
http://darkpegasusstudio.weebly.com/
SUSANNE
Admin
avatar

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.
Age : 65
Joined : 2010-09-30
Posts : 32023

PostSubject: Re: Free animals sculpting workshop Autumn 2015   Sun Nov 22, 2015 3:38 pm

Holy, Hopping Hamster affraid  That looks like a dream of a day cheers

Ohhh, I wished I had been there Crying or Very sad  But your pictures make me very, very happy cheers

The models you made are absolutely marvellous !!! What a great teacher and talented apprentices Applause cheers Applause queen king queen king queen sunny flower

I hope to see all the models when they are finished bounce Very Happy Very Happy

_________________
sunny SUSANNE  sunny
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
Roger
Admin
avatar

Country/State : Portugal
Age : 43
Joined : 2010-08-20
Posts : 22924

PostSubject: Re: Free animals sculpting workshop Autumn 2015   Sun Nov 22, 2015 4:26 pm

Anna, it is the most amasing idea I ever witnessed in this forum. I cannot express in words how happy I am watching these pictures. Very Happy It is praiseworthy all the effort you all printed in this initiative to turn it possible. cheers
Many thanks to you all, Florian, Julie, Karin, Christophe and Anna for this unforgetable moment and for sharing your fantastic experience with all of us! Very Happy
I am flabbergasted, all in all, you are from 4 different countries and it is an International meeting of an artistic expression workshop. Local administration should feel proud of it. Very Happy
I love also what is already done with these figures and I hope it is the start of a big adventure to all of you. I see talent and we on forum want to follow all your development. bounce Very Happy

_________________
~ Rogério Crocodile MY collection of FOXES! Foxes I'm searching! bounce
Back to top Go down
costicuba

avatar

Country/State : Bulgaria
Age : 37
Joined : 2014-06-14
Posts : 2562

PostSubject: Re: Free animals sculpting workshop Autumn 2015   Sun Nov 22, 2015 4:44 pm

Yahhhh cheers cheers cheers Great great great !
These photos make all of us very happy and we have also a small chance to feel the great expirience of all 5 of you Very Happy
Anna, your idea was just so great and the result, that we can see from the photos - just amazing.
The models look very promising, with very good start and the best think is , that we see the talent of Kiki, Julie, Karin and Florian :)
Anna you did a great job and guys, you have to finish these models - mandatory ! Very Happy

These photos made my day ! sunny

_________________
afro KOSTA afro
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
avatar

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE
Age : 53
Joined : 2010-04-01
Posts : 15038

PostSubject: Re: Free animals sculpting workshop Autumn 2015   Sun Nov 22, 2015 5:38 pm

We did it cheers  Thank you so much Anna for this fabulous idea, and thank you also for your warm and sincere welcome sunny

Thank you also to your family who accepted to have so many strange people at home  Laughing

I want to tell every member here: Ana exist in real life, I encountered her Laughing

This was a great day, very warm but very serious too and it was incredible to meet Ana, Tarunyada, NightLioness and Florian. We talked, in Dutch, French and even in English Wink  But we also stayed very silent because making models is a hard job... Especially when you are a cat, a rhino, a manatee or a macaque!

I am very happy to have meet you all and I wish it is not the last time.

This day lead me to think there is a kind of magic in STS and I wish it will spread everywhere. drunken

If there is still a place for me, I will be come again in april bounce

_________________
Christophe
My topics on STS
Back to top Go down
NightLioness
Moderator
avatar

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.
Age : 27
Joined : 2013-11-04
Posts : 4670

PostSubject: Re: Free animals sculpting workshop Autumn 2015   Sun Nov 22, 2015 8:16 pm

Hello everyone! Very Happy Back from a great weekend and very happy to see the photos and replies is in this topic Very Happy It was a great day and I learned SO MUCH from Anna cheers My bold idea of making my first ever sculpted animal a Gaur calf was not a bad idea after all and I am so proud that I could get help from Anna Very Happy

It was also a great to see all the faces behind the posts and walkarounds Wink on this topic Very Happy I have made new friends that day and I know for sure I will see a least two of them more (Hope in this or next month! Very Happy)

Thank you so much Anna, I will work further on my Gaur calf and I will let you know how it progresses Wink

_________________
~Karin~
Back to top Go down
http://night-lioness.deviantart.com/
LeeAnn
Moderator
avatar

Country/State : United States
Joined : 2013-01-20
Posts : 10337

PostSubject: Re: Free animals sculpting workshop Autumn 2015   Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:25 pm

Looks like you all had so much fun! I wish I could have been there Very Happy Great work so far on your sculptures, can't wait to see them finished!

Now I want to know who's who in the photos Wink
Back to top Go down
http://mistystarstudios.blogspot.com
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Free animals sculpting workshop Autumn 2015   

Back to top Go down
 
Free animals sculpting workshop Autumn 2015
Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Similar topics
-
» [Autumn 2015 Musical] Un Nouveau Voyage
» My Papo animals
» SpiralStrix Additions - Birds & Ungulates (Updated Jan 2nd, 2015)
» Schleich 2015 retired, complete list
» CollectA wishes for 2015

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Animal toy figures reviews and discussions :: Customs - Homemade models - Non toy animal replicas :: Tutorials-
Jump to: