Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  

Share | 

unknown antelopes (bongos) and Panda sold as Bullyland

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Froggie

Country/State : Potsdam, Germany

PostSubject: unknown antelopes (bongos) and Panda sold as Bullyland   30/6/2015, 17:16

I recently bought these animals, the seller said they were Bullylands. I was pretty sure they weren't, since I never heard of these and know Bullyland items rather well, but the size and style of the antelopes could be deLuxe, so I thought they maybe test models?
Well the material is harder than the usually rather soft and light bullyland rubber. Something between rubber and plastic.
They are without any brand or even made in china or number, but nicely detailled. I love the antelopes, but would like to know a bit more about them.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by Froggie on 1/7/2015, 08:56; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: unknown antelopes (bongos) and Panda sold as Bullyland   30/6/2015, 18:01

I miss that antelopes auction but they are great! Congratulations that you are the winner :)

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: unknown antelopes (bongos) and Panda sold as Bullyland   30/6/2015, 18:03

Interesting scratch Sorry, I can't help you, but they are very nice figurines! I hope you'll find something about them Wink

Back to top Go down
http://tarunyada.weebly.com/
NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: unknown antelopes (bongos) and Panda sold as Bullyland   30/6/2015, 18:56

Oh they are beautiful!!! affraid cyclops cheers drunken drunken bounce
I hope someone can answer your question Very Happy

Kikimalou
Admin

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: unknown antelopes (bongos) and Panda sold as Bullyland   30/6/2015, 19:17

Kudu??? I guess they would be a great bongo pair Wink

SUSANNE
Admin

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: unknown antelopes (bongos) and Panda sold as Bullyland   30/6/2015, 19:57

WOW ! What fabulous finds cheers

They surely could be prototypes, - and the style is like the best of Bullyland Very Happy

I agree with Christophe. They must be bongo antelopes with those horns and the hair ridge down the back .
What a darned shame if they were given up...are they old ? Do you know ?

The panda is nice too, - he looks like he is ready to give somebody a punch on the nose Laughing

Oryx7557

Country/State : new zealand

PostSubject: Re: unknown antelopes (bongos) and Panda sold as Bullyland   1/7/2015, 01:19

affraid affraid thay are awesome i would say they look more like bongo just without the white lines they are wonderful Congratulations Very Happy cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Froggie

Country/State : Potsdam, Germany

PostSubject: Re: unknown antelopes (bongos) and Panda sold as Bullyland   1/7/2015, 08:56

of course you are right - these are bongos, stupid me!

I don't know anything else about these (also not the age), the seller was not very cooperative.
He had two of these antelope pairs, both with missing final painting. He also had two of the pandas.

but he had a picture with the actual pandas, and it fits, especially the painting:

So they might be prototypes. too bad they haven't made it into production yet
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: unknown antelopes (bongos) and Panda sold as Bullyland   1/7/2015, 09:09

Perhaps we will se those bongos next year ? bounce bounce bounce Very Happy Very Happy

NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: unknown antelopes (bongos) and Panda sold as Bullyland   1/7/2015, 09:14

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Perhaps we will se those bongos next year ? bounce bounce bounce Very Happy Very Happy

I have a feeling we will Susanne. Don't know why or which company, but we will see Bongos.
bounce drunken cheers

Tarunyada

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: unknown antelopes (bongos) and Panda sold as Bullyland   1/7/2015, 09:46

The fact that they are bongos makes me love them even more drunken I really hope we'll see them next year! cheers

Back to top Go down
http://tarunyada.weebly.com/
Roger
Admin

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: unknown antelopes (bongos) and Panda sold as Bullyland   11/1/2016, 21:35

We were waiting for this topic! Very Happy
They look Bullyland to me, in terms of design and texturing. Of course it is not conclusive in any way. It is good to remember that Bullyland changed owners recently and that their focus with animal figures vanished. As projects have to start much before being released, it won't be strange to find some Bullyland projects not approved by the new administration. Mainly a non main stream animal and with a complex painting.
Not long ago the German brand released a fallow deer, a wisent among other ungulates and they stood a long time without releasing an antelope, I guess. It could be a little naive to ask Bullyland directly but I believe there's nothing to loose. Idea Very Happy
Thanks Beatrice for sharing and congratulations for getting them, I love misterious figures and bongos are really rare.

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Numaan

Country/State : London, UK

PostSubject: Re: unknown antelopes (bongos) and Panda sold as Bullyland   12/1/2016, 22:13

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I recently bought these animals, the seller said they were Bullylands. I was pretty sure they weren't, since I never heard of these and know Bullyland items rather well, but the size and style of the antelopes could be deLuxe, so I thought they maybe test models?
Well the material is harder than the usually rather soft and light bullyland rubber. Something between rubber and plastic.
They are without any brand or even made in china or number, but nicely detailled. I love the antelopes, but would like to know a bit more about them.

Hi there great find.

Is it possible to post a photo of these antelopes next to existing Schleich or other brand antelope models or any model. It will help determine the size.

thank you Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SeanieP

Country/State : Woburn (Boston), MA US

PostSubject: Re: unknown antelopes (bongos) and Panda sold as Bullyland   13/1/2016, 00:09

Without stripes or spots, I look at it as a bushbuck minus the spots

PostSubject: Re: unknown antelopes (bongos) and Panda sold as Bullyland   

Back to top Go down

unknown antelopes (bongos) and Panda sold as Bullyland
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1