Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Fennec fox WIP --> copies??

Go down 
+12
Kikimalou
A-J
Ana
costicuba
Roger
Mgarat
Tarunyada
NightLioness
LeeAnn
SUSANNE
widukind
Maty26
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Mgarat

Mgarat

Country/State : Spain

Fennec fox WIP --> copies?? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fennec fox WIP --> copies??   Fennec fox WIP --> copies?? - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 30, 2016 7:19 pm

Fantastic job!!! He looks adorable!!!

My Topics on STS / Felidae Family Project (FFP)
My shop in Etsy

Last edited by Mgarat on Sun Apr 03, 2016 1:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://divartsity.weebly.com/
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Fennec fox WIP --> copies??   Fennec fox WIP --> copies?? - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 30, 2016 8:19 pm

Ohhhh !  Ahhhh !!! Eeeeehhhh ! I love you drunken Applause cheers

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Fennec fox WIP --> copies??   Fennec fox WIP --> copies?? - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 01, 2016 12:40 am

What to say more? cheers

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Fennec fox WIP --> copies??   Fennec fox WIP --> copies?? - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 01, 2016 7:37 am

What pleasant Fennec fox drunken Big congratulation, you made a great job on this one Applause

And now you need to make a twin before Rogério begins to cry Laughing
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Fennec fox WIP --> copies??   Fennec fox WIP --> copies?? - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 03, 2016 12:39 am

Kikimalou wrote:
What pleasant Fennec fox drunken Big congratulation, you made a great job on this one Applause

And now you need to make a twin before Rogério begins to cry Laughing

lol!
... I am almost crying.... almost... affraid affraid Wink

MiniZoo

Country/State : Australia

PostSubject: Re: Fennec fox WIP --> copies??   Fennec fox WIP --> copies?? - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 03, 2016 7:00 am

A real little cutey!
Back to top Go down
http://www.minizoo.com.au/
A-J

A-J

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Fennec fox WIP --> copies??   Fennec fox WIP --> copies?? - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 03, 2016 3:06 pm

Thank you Mgarat, Susanne, Rogério, Christophe and MiniZoo! flower
Roger wrote:
Kikimalou wrote:

And now you need to make a twin before Rogério begins to cry  Laughing
lol!
... I am almost crying.... almost...  affraid  affraid  Wink

Noo, we don't want to have crying crocodiles here Shocked Wink

Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/ajs.artistry/
A-J

A-J

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Fennec fox WIP --> copies??   Fennec fox WIP --> copies?? - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 13, 2021 11:59 am

Hello dear STS friends. I'm opening up this old topic because I have some exciting news bounce

Me and my brother recently acquired a 3D printer. It is not the fanciest of printer, but it is still pretty decent (an ender 3 for those interested). And using some free available software and a phone camera we managed to "scan" my Fennec fox sculpture and turn it into a 3D model as a first test. Then we used that 3D model to print my original Fennec a little brother.

Of course, the details of the 3D print do not come close to how detailed the original is, but after some post processing involving a 3D print pen I managed to give it more detail and make it look less like printed layers of plastic.

For me it's really cool to see my sculptures recreated like this and I have a ton of 3D printing ideas involving printing animal (muscle) structures and combining that with apoxie sculpt as a mixed media piece. But for now I wanted to share some of my excitement with you for this first print Very Happy

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I still have to paint it and see how it looks then.

Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/ajs.artistry/
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Fennec fox WIP --> copies??   Fennec fox WIP --> copies?? - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 13, 2021 12:13 pm

Amazing!! Shocked affraid cheers cheers Applause
What a beautiful little Fennec, so detailed and so realistic- and all made using a 3D printer! Shocked I would love to have one of these- I never knew you could so easily buy one, and use them at home to make models as amazing as that! cheers cheers There must now be endless possibilities, and I'm guessing that you could then use it to make many copies of one model that you make? Very Happy Was it easy to do? Very Happy
I am so excited to see this beauty painted, it is such an interesting idea and the result is just stunning! flower
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Fennec fox WIP --> copies??   Fennec fox WIP --> copies?? - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 13, 2021 2:18 pm

That's an unavoidable way and the best is to start managing these things. Please don't miss your files, when 3D printing turns into an affordable method, I will surely want a copy of this beautiful fennec to be included in my collection. I am looking forward to see how it looks painted. bounce bounce

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Fennec fox WIP --> copies??   Fennec fox WIP --> copies?? - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 13, 2021 3:04 pm

That's a very exciting development! Lots of opportunities for reproducing home-made figures and rare vintage models. I hope we don't need to wait too long before we get decent colour printing.

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: Fennec fox WIP --> copies??   Fennec fox WIP --> copies?? - Page 2 EmptyWed May 26, 2021 9:12 pm

Very Happy Applause cheers Cool bounce
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fennec fox WIP --> copies??   Fennec fox WIP --> copies?? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Fennec fox WIP --> copies??
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2