Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Collecting animals is over!!!

Go down 
+4
goatherder
Carola
LeeAnn
widukind
8 posters
AuthorMessage
goatherder

goatherder

Country/State : Ireland

Collecting animals is over!!! Empty
PostSubject: Collecting animals is over!!!   Collecting animals is over!!! EmptyFri Jul 24, 2015 9:47 pm

Hello Fellow members,

I have some sad news!! exclamation

My collection is to be put in storage situation. Sad

The loft where I have currently located my madness is now required for new family members and will be being converted into more living space.

For this to happen the zoo and the whole collection will have to be boxed up and stored.

So as I do this I thought I would take some pictures.
Should I take them in groups by species or by brand or by something else? scratch
Does anyone have any suggestion I would welcome them.

It’s quite sad as me and my youngest child spend a lot of time playing with them. But maybe the new arrivals will like them too.( I could sneak them out two by two) Wink

Goatherder
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Collecting animals is over!!!   Collecting animals is over!!! EmptyFri Jul 24, 2015 10:10 pm

Ohh, Phil ! I am so sorry for you Sad

I hope you can take out more than two models now and then, - perhaps have a whole box at a time stacked under your bed or something, and then your daughter and you can take them out on the floor sometimes Shocked

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Collecting animals is over!!!   Collecting animals is over!!! EmptySat Jul 25, 2015 11:23 am

Very sad Sad

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Collecting animals is over!!!   Collecting animals is over!!! EmptySat Jul 25, 2015 2:14 pm

Life is made of priorities and boxing a collection is not the end of it. Most of my figures are boxed and I don't feel that my collection is dead. I use small places, around my desk, where I display some of my figures and often, I take one of my boxes out to play with my niece. I know your collection is much bigger but I am sure you'll find a way to keep enjoying it together with your daughter.
About pictures, I think it is better to show them according with the way you'll organize them. Very Happy

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Collecting animals is over!!!   Collecting animals is over!!! EmptySat Jul 25, 2015 11:58 pm

This is so sad to hear Sad Maybe you can keep your collection elsewhere?

Carola

Country/State : Denmark

PostSubject: Re: Collecting animals is over!!!   Collecting animals is over!!! EmptySun Jul 26, 2015 11:06 am

I think it is a sad thing to 'take away' from you and your daughter, as it is something you 'have'. But the new kid, I assume it is a little sister/bro? (And may I congratulate on that) - will likely love the animals too, when he or she becomes old enough Very Happy

goatherder

goatherder

PostSubject: Re: Collecting animals is over!!!   Collecting animals is over!!! EmptyMon Jul 27, 2015 9:53 pm

Thanks Guys,

I will take some photos as I pack it up.

it will nice thing to do with my daughter.

Photos to follow shortly Very Happy

Thanks
Back to top Go down
castlerigg

castlerigg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Collecting animals is over!!!   Collecting animals is over!!! EmptyTue Jul 28, 2015 8:13 pm

As the others have said, keep some on display if you can (in a display cabinet if you have one) which you and your daughter can get out sometimes, and try to store the rest where you can get to them fairly easily so you can change the display from time to time. You'll feel more connected to the collection and your daughter will still appreciate them, too.

I think most of us have to have most of our collections in boxes, too, few of us have the space we would need for big displays!

Sue & Lesley
castlerigg

Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Collecting animals is over!!!   Collecting animals is over!!! EmptyWed Jul 29, 2015 1:58 am

Oh what a shame! I've always loved your little zoo in the attic. Wink I hope you can still get them out once in a while to play with, and I'm sure that your whole family, even new members, will love them. Very Happy Can't wait to see the photos. bounce

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
goatherder

goatherder

PostSubject: Re: Collecting animals is over!!!   Collecting animals is over!!! EmptyWed Jul 29, 2015 10:52 pm

Thanks Fellows,

We will take some photos on the weekend and we might make one last zoo too!

Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Collecting animals is over!!!   Collecting animals is over!!! EmptyThu Jul 30, 2015 2:35 am

goatherder wrote:
Thanks Fellows,

Very Happy

Fantastic! Very Happy Your displays and dioramas are so special that even in a less ahppy moment, they have to be celebrated! Very Happy

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Collecting animals is over!!!   Collecting animals is over!!! EmptyThu Jul 30, 2015 9:16 am

goatherder wrote:
Thanks Fellows,

Very Happy

cheers cheers cheers

goatherder

goatherder

PostSubject: Re: Collecting animals is over!!!   Collecting animals is over!!! EmptySun Aug 09, 2015 11:22 pm

Hi Guys,

just to let you know that my 8 year old daughter spent the day taking photos of our whole collection. She love it!!! I will try and get them up on the forum as soon as I can. Very Happy

Phil and Molly
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Collecting animals is over!!!   Collecting animals is over!!! EmptyMon Aug 10, 2015 3:26 am

goatherder wrote:
Hi Guys,

just to let you know that my 8 year old daughter spent the day taking photos of our whole collection. She love it!!!  I will try and get them up on the forum as soon as I can. Very Happy

Phil and Molly

That's fantastic, reading it makes me very happy! Very Happy
So nice to know that Molly is so young and enjoying taking pictures of figures! Very Happy Looking forward to see them! bounce bounce

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Collecting animals is over!!!   Collecting animals is over!!! EmptyMon Aug 10, 2015 9:01 am

goatherder wrote:
Hi Guys,

just to let you know that my 8 year old daughter spent the day taking photos of our whole collection. She love it!!!  I will try and get them up on the forum as soon as I can. Very Happy

Phil and Molly

Sounds like a wonderful day , - the kind of day you will both cherish the rest of your lives cheers

I look very much forward to see the pictures Very Happy

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Collecting animals is over!!!   Collecting animals is over!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Collecting animals is over!!!
Page 1 of 1