Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Help with a payment? Need an intermediary

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

Help with a payment? Need an intermediary Empty
PostSubject: Help with a payment? Need an intermediary   Help with a payment? Need an intermediary EmptyFri Jul 31, 2015 5:39 pm

I'm hoping someone here knows a solution... I'd like to buy something from Europe, but I hear Paypal (only method I've used for international transactions) can be iffy there. Does anyone else have recommendations for payment methods?
I'm in the US, seller is in Denmark.

Edit to say my potential partner and I would still like to deal, but my bank (small credit union) doesn't do direct transfers and she can't accept a Paypal payment. Is there anyone in Europe preferably who'd be willing to help? I'd make the payment to you via Paypal (plus a little extra for your trouble of course and not funded by credit card), and you'd transfer the payment to her. She just needs to get the shipping quote, and we're ready to go.
Thanks for any assistance!

Last edited by pipsxlch on Thu Aug 27, 2015 3:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Help with a payment? Need an intermediary   Help with a payment? Need an intermediary EmptyFri Jul 31, 2015 5:53 pm

Paypal is also accepted in europe and i have not often a problem with that :)

STS members can merge Very Happy

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
NightLioness
NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: Help with a payment? Need an intermediary   Help with a payment? Need an intermediary EmptyFri Jul 31, 2015 6:40 pm

Iffy? I don't know why but have paid many things with PP and no problems at all.

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Help with a payment? Need an intermediary   Help with a payment? Need an intermediary EmptyFri Jul 31, 2015 7:35 pm

PayPal is perfect in Europe, too.

But you have to check if the seller accepts it...I think Germany is the only country where a large part of the private sellers distrust it, because of the buyer-guarantee Rolling Eyes

In other countries PayPal is accepted unless otherwise stated, in Germany PayPal in NOT accepted, unless it is mentioned. Laughing

widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Help with a payment? Need an intermediary   Help with a payment? Need an intermediary EmptyFri Jul 31, 2015 8:33 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
PayPal is perfect in Europe, too.

But you have to check if the seller accepts it...I think Germany is the only country where a large part of the private sellers distrust it, because of the buyer-guarantee Rolling Eyes

In other countries PayPal is accepted unless otherwise stated, in Germany PayPal in NOT accepted, unless it is mentioned.  Laughing

In Germany is a bank transfer for free and Paypal not, thats it :)

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

PostSubject: Re: Help with a payment? Need an intermediary   Help with a payment? Need an intermediary EmptySat Aug 01, 2015 2:16 am

Thanks, everyone! The seller is distrustful of Paypal, and it would be a private transaction. I've never used anything else for international, and have never had a problem- nor have my partners to my knowledge. Hmm, hope we can figure something out.
Back to top Go down
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

PostSubject: Re: Help with a payment? Need an intermediary   Help with a payment? Need an intermediary EmptyFri Aug 28, 2015 4:59 am

my potential partner and I would still like to deal, but my bank (small credit union) doesn't do direct transfers and she can't accept a Paypal payment. Is there anyone in Europe preferably who'd be willing to help? I'd make the payment to you via Paypal (plus a little extra for your trouble of course and not funded by credit card), and you'd transfer the payment to her. She just needs to get the shipping quote, and we're ready to go.
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Help with a payment? Need an intermediary   Help with a payment? Need an intermediary EmptyFri Aug 28, 2015 7:51 am

pipsxlch wrote:
my potential partner and I would still like to deal, but my bank (small credit union) doesn't do direct transfers and she can't accept a Paypal payment. Is there anyone in Europe preferably who'd be willing to help? I'd make the payment to you via Paypal (plus a little extra for your trouble of course and not funded by credit card), and you'd transfer the payment to her. She just needs to get the shipping quote, and we're ready to go.

Is it with Iban and BIC by your partner?

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

PostSubject: Re: Help with a payment? Need an intermediary   Help with a payment? Need an intermediary EmptyTue Sep 01, 2015 10:42 pm

SO sorry for the delay, I was admitted to the hospital Friday morning and just got out. Crying or Very sad
Yes, they needed Iban. The purchase total is US $57, with whatever a helper wants to charge as a fee on top of that.
Thank you.

I apologize for any delays answering in advance, I'm still quite weak and not able to be online much.
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Help with a payment? Need an intermediary   Help with a payment? Need an intermediary EmptyThu Sep 03, 2015 5:52 pm

pipsxlch wrote:
SO sorry for the delay, I was admitted to the hospital Friday morning and just got out. Crying or Very sad
Yes, they needed Iban. The purchase total is US $57, with whatever a helper wants to charge as a fee on top of that.
Thank you.

I apologize for any delays answering in advance, I'm still quite weak and not able to be online much.

Send me a pm :)

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

PostSubject: Re: Help with a payment? Need an intermediary   Help with a payment? Need an intermediary EmptySat Sep 05, 2015 1:30 am

Thank you- sent one.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help with a payment? Need an intermediary   Help with a payment? Need an intermediary Empty

Back to top Go down

Help with a payment? Need an intermediary
Page 1 of 1