Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  
Very Happy The topic "Animals where you live" won the SUY for December" Very Happy

Share | 

Three composition rhinos. Two more and a flip-flop rhino, 6th Oct :-D

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
SUSANNE
Admin

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Three composition rhinos. Two more and a flip-flop rhino, 6th Oct :-D   Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:12 pm

A month ago I did not have a rhinoceros made from composition material, - now I have THREE  Shocked

Here is a picture of them, together with the latest one from Schleich ( left) to show the size Very Happy
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The first one is extremely rare. It is from Neo-Form, and was made some time in the early 1950's.
Later the horn was made from a rubbery material, because the first material is very, very brittle, - as you can see, the front horn has the tip broken off  Rolling Eyes
Well, - rhinos DO break the tip of their horn somtimes, don't they  ? Wink

The next one is from Elastolin.
Yvette and I bought a batch of models together, and had a lot of fun sharing them : One for me, one for you...it took us two wonderful evenings on the net  cheers
The light gray paint shows that this model was made after 1950. The pre-war variations of this model are brown.

And her is the oldie, - Durolin Indian Rhino form the 1930's  farao  Very Happy

flower flower flower

Last edited by SUSANNE on Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
skysthelimit

Country/State : Serbia

PostSubject: Re: Three composition rhinos. Two more and a flip-flop rhino, 6th Oct :-D   Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:17 pm

That Neo-Form is almost identical to Lineol Suspect

SUSANNE
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Three composition rhinos. Two more and a flip-flop rhino, 6th Oct :-D   Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:28 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
That Neo-Form is almost identical to Lineol Suspect

Yes ! It is a copy, only smaller and another material Wink
We could not get toys in Denmark the years after WWII, and as patents were cancelled, three Danish compagnies made copies : Neo-Form, Danolin and Nordlyset .
Some were even sold to Germany !!!

skysthelimit

Country/State : Serbia

PostSubject: Re: Three composition rhinos. Two more and a flip-flop rhino, 6th Oct :-D   Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:34 pm

Well, good choice of brand to copy from Very Happy

SUSANNE
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Three composition rhinos. Two more and a flip-flop rhino, 6th Oct :-D   Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:45 pm

Well, good choice of brand to copy from Very Happy

It certainly was Very Happy

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: Three composition rhinos. Two more and a flip-flop rhino, 6th Oct :-D   Sat Aug 01, 2015 12:28 am

cheers 3 great models came in your home :)
I love rhinos! And these 3 models are not only with old histoty, but also very nice looking :)
And with so good condition Applause
Congratulations for them Susanne :)
Whatching the first model by Neo-Form, I know that is a copie of LIneol, but also I was thinking...
it`s reminds me of a model which I have....and yes, I fond it :) I have some animal toys from my childhood and they are very interesting made it from extruded polystyrene.
So the rhino which I have look`s so much like this one.
If you are interested, I can make photos of him and also the other animals, to show them to you :)

PostSubject: Re: Three composition rhinos. Two more and a flip-flop rhino, 6th Oct :-D   Sat Aug 01, 2015 4:33 am

Great new additions, I especially like the Neo-form black rhino, even if it is a copy the Lineol. Though rare, I have seen it show up a few times on eBay recently.
Back to top Go down
http://www.shapeways.com/shops/redelephant
widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Three composition rhinos. Two more and a flip-flop rhino, 6th Oct :-D   Sat Aug 01, 2015 7:43 am

Very beautieful rhinos Susanne!

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Three composition rhinos. Two more and a flip-flop rhino, 6th Oct :-D   Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:22 am

Thankyou, Kosta, EM, Andreas flower Very Happy

Whatching the first model by Neo-Form, I know that is a copie of LIneol, but also I was thinking...
it`s reminds me of a model which I have....and yes, I fond it :) I have some animal toys from my childhood and they are very interesting made it from extruded polystyrene.
If you are interested, I can make photos of him and also the other animals, to show them to you :)

Ohh, yes ! Please show photos ! I would love to see them bounce bounce cheers

Roger
Admin

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Three composition rhinos. Two more and a flip-flop rhino, 6th Oct :-D   Sat Aug 01, 2015 2:30 pm

I think it was the best decision you ever made allong all your life as a collector. Composition figures represent, in my opinion, the golden era of this hobby. Very Happy
All 3 are very special, the first, although clearly a copy of Lineol figure, is just a copy of the best African rhino. Very Happy
The 2nd one shows that the sculptor was so careful placing the folds of the skin in the right place that was not able of noticing that Indian rhinos have a single horn. Wink
The 3rd is not a replica of an Indian rhino but an artistic piece with a very good artistic sense. The ondulated profile in dorsal and ventral area, The crest and ridge allong the back in perfect harmony with the tail and almost framing the piece. The striated lower legs in harmony with the horn, the head in low but froward pointed pose giving almost an aerodynamic profile to the figure, helping in the fluidity given by the strong walking pose.
But now you and Yvette will promise me that you'll both sing and dance [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Laughing

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
costicuba

PostSubject: Re: Three composition rhinos. Two more and a flip-flop rhino, 6th Oct :-D   Sat Aug 01, 2015 6:19 pm

Ohh, yes ! Please show photos ! I would love to see them bounce bounce cheers

Ok, I posted them [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Very Happy

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Three composition rhinos. Two more and a flip-flop rhino, 6th Oct :-D   Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:22 pm

Thankyou, Kosta ! They are FANTASTIC cheers

SUSANNE
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Three composition rhinos. Two more and a flip-flop rhino, 6th Oct :-D   Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:26 pm

Roger, yes, I am also very happy to have found the magic of those old models  Very Happy

But now you and Yvette will promise me that you'll both sing and dance [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Laughing

But it looks like they are very poor, - almost no clothes to put on Shocked Rolling Eyes

Laughing lol!

Roger
Admin

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Three composition rhinos. Two more and a flip-flop rhino, 6th Oct :-D   Sat Aug 01, 2015 11:20 pm

But it looks like they are very poor, -  almost no clothes to put on Shocked Rolling Eyes

Laughing lol!

lol! lol!
This is an Italian song from 1978. Italy in 1978 was living an economic crisis known as [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].
They had a system of clothes rationing that was basically - one for you, one for me. Wink

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
costicuba

PostSubject: Re: Three composition rhinos. Two more and a flip-flop rhino, 6th Oct :-D   Sun Aug 02, 2015 3:36 am

But it looks like they are very poor, -  almost no clothes to put on Shocked Rolling Eyes

Laughing lol!

lol! lol!
This is an Italian song from 1978. Italy in 1978 was living an economic crisis known as [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].
They had a system of clothes rationing that was basically - one for you, one for me. Wink

Ahaaaa, so that`s why they are almost with no clothes...becouse of the crisis... hahahah Laughing

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Three composition rhinos. Two more and a flip-flop rhino, 6th Oct :-D   Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:00 pm

How did I miss this topic? Shocked Gorgeous new rhinos, congrats!

http://mistystarstudios.blogspot.com
SUSANNE
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Three composition rhinos. Two more and a flip-flop rhino, 6th Oct :-D   Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:53 pm

Thankyou, dear LeeAnn Very Happy

SUSANNE
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Three composition rhinos. Two more and a flip-flop rhino, 6th Oct :-D   Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:05 pm

Rhinos are awesome creatures. Powerful, beautyful, strange and dangerous  Very Happy
So if I want to or not, I often can't resist a model of these grey giants, and now three more have joined the flock Wink

The first one does not really fit in anywhere, he is made from foam rubber, and he is not grey...the brand is called [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], and he is made in Kenya from Flip-Flop sandals found on the beach  Laughing

Again I was fortunate to get hold of a Neo-Form model : The Indian rhino  cheers
Even more lucky - The same seller had the role model : The Indian rhino from Lineol 1930 Very Happy Very Happy
Here they are together, as usual the Neo-Form is the smallest .

Lineol  ( 1930+ ) :

Neo-Form ( 1950+ ) :

alien alien alien cheers

costicuba

PostSubject: Re: Three composition rhinos. Two more and a flip-flop rhino, 6th Oct :-D   Wed Oct 07, 2015 2:06 am

Rhinoooos cheers cheers cheers
Wow, they are all great.
This first one, made from foam rubber is very very cool.
I love the these colors and the way they use the form :)
And the other two rhinos are great find. This Lineol is absolutely amazing.
Congratulations dear Susanne... and soon, more Rhinos are comming for your collecton Wink Very Happy

Last edited by costicuba on Wed Oct 07, 2015 5:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Three composition rhinos. Two more and a flip-flop rhino, 6th Oct :-D   Wed Oct 07, 2015 3:48 am

Three great additions Susanne Very Happy

The first remind me the end of the 70's and I agree with Kosta, it is very very cool.

The Lineol and its Danish copy are great finds too. The Lineal is out of this world and unfortunately out of my displays too Crying or Very sad Wink

I would love to watch a complete walkaround of this Lineol drunken

Wilorvise

Country/State : Michigan, USA

PostSubject: Re: Three composition rhinos. Two more and a flip-flop rhino, 6th Oct :-D   Wed Oct 07, 2015 4:19 am

Congrats :)

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Three composition rhinos. Two more and a flip-flop rhino, 6th Oct :-D   Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:13 am

Very beautieful and interesting

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Three composition rhinos. Two more and a flip-flop rhino, 6th Oct :-D   Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:50 am

Thankyou very much, dear Kosta, Christophe, Laura, Andreas king king queen king Very Happy

ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Three composition rhinos. Two more and a flip-flop rhino, 6th Oct :-D   Wed Oct 07, 2015 4:02 pm

Congrats Susanne!

Drakulka

PostSubject: Re: Three composition rhinos. Two more and a flip-flop rhino, 6th Oct :-D   Wed Oct 07, 2015 4:17 pm

Congrats Suzanne! Lovely additions. Especially the Ocean Sole rhino!

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Three composition rhinos. Two more and a flip-flop rhino, 6th Oct :-D   Today at 11:16 pm

Back to top Go down

Three composition rhinos. Two more and a flip-flop rhino, 6th Oct :-D
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next