Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  

Share | 

Animal models from extruded polystyrene

Go down 
AuthorMessage
costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Animal models from extruded polystyrene   Sat 1 Aug 2015 - 18:05

Hello friends,
when Susanne showed us her new-old composition rhinos [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] , whatching her Neo-Form model of rhino I was thinking, except the Lineol rhino, that it reminds me of a model, which I have...
So I found some models, which I have from my childhood and I had forgotten about them.
Let`s say that I have them from about 25-30 years...
I think that maybe they are russian models, but I`m not shure....for shure I don`t know the brand..becouse they are not marked.
What is interesting for them is, that they are made from extruded polystyrene. They are very light, but also hard on tuching.

I`m gonna start with the rhino.
He is also a bit funny becouse of his ears, .. they are made it from fabric :)
Check it out :

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

On this photo, maybe you can see better the structure of the polystyrene :

And to show the size, together with the Papo black thino :

Next model - Zebra :

Together with Schleich Zabra :

Last edited by costicuba on Sat 1 Aug 2015 - 18:25; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Animal models from extruded polystyrene   Sat 1 Aug 2015 - 18:12

That are very interesting figurines- you have any more infos?

PostSubject: Re: Animal models from extruded polystyrene   Sat 1 Aug 2015 - 18:14

Next one : Blue Wildebeest

A bear :

Lion :

I have two more models..... but I was enough stupid as a child, to repaint them in black Laughing
I dont know why black.....but, these are lioness with cub :

I hope, these models will be interesting for you to see them :)
Thank`s for watching.

PostSubject: Re: Animal models from extruded polystyrene   Sat 1 Aug 2015 - 18:16

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
That are very interesting figurines- you have any more infos?

Thank you Andreas, unfortunately I don`t know more about them.

PostSubject: Re: Animal models from extruded polystyrene   Sat 1 Aug 2015 - 18:37

Also interesting

Admin

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Animal models from extruded polystyrene   Sat 1 Aug 2015 - 18:44

That's what we like Kosta! To see figures that we've never seen before! cheers
That's is very interesting, the rhino really ressembles the Lineol, although not as clearly copied as the Neo-Form Susanne posted.
Children are never stupid. You just painted them in black because you always loved black panthers and they look like black panthers when painted like that.
Also, you were not probably as much  talented painter as you are if you haven't made your experiences before.
Tell your Papo rhino that he won't have any chance in that fight. Also, tell Schleich zebra that it is very gentle from her to let older zebra drink first. Mainly when there aren't crocs around. Laughing

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
costicuba

PostSubject: Re: Animal models from extruded polystyrene   Sat 1 Aug 2015 - 18:57

That's what we like Kosta! To see figures that we've never seen before! cheers
That's is very interesting, the rhino really ressembles the Lineol, although not as clearly copied as the Neo-Form Susanne posted.
Children are never stupid. You just painted them in black because you always loved black panthers and they look like black panthers when painted like that.
Also, you were not probably as much  talented painter as you are if you haven't made your experiences before.
Tell your Papo rhino that he won't have any chance in that fight. Also, tell Schleich zebra that it is very gentle from her to let older zebra drink first. Mainly when there aren't crocs around. Laughing

Haha Laughing Thank you Roger cheers
Yes, you are absolutely right, I love black panthers...so for shure , this is the reason Very Happy

Admin

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Animal models from extruded polystyrene   Sat 1 Aug 2015 - 20:10

Very, very, very, exiting models Shocked
Both the material, the design, and their history cheers

And they are beautyful, - such marmony and ballance !
Probably also enomously rare, - very few children would look so well after them as you did Very Happy Applause
The repaints are lovely also !
It seems that you always liked black cats, - and repainting too Wink

These pictures made my day special !!! Thankyou VERY much, dear Kosta cheers

costicuba

PostSubject: Re: Animal models from extruded polystyrene   Sat 1 Aug 2015 - 20:22

Thank you very much for your kind words dear Susanne :)

Country/State : Hampshire, UK

PostSubject: Re: Animal models from extruded polystyrene   Sun 2 Aug 2015 - 4:39

Extraordinary! The only other application of this type I can think of is shop-fitters heads for showing hats or sun-glasses!!

eBay - smallscaleworld
Back to top Go down
Tiermann

Country/State : Oregon, USA

PostSubject: Re: Animal models from extruded polystyrene   Tue 4 Aug 2015 - 22:52

Wonderful! The shape forms remind me of the animals made of plaster by JH Miller in the US.

Back to top Go down
http://schleich.animobil.info
LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Animal models from extruded polystyrene   Tue 4 Aug 2015 - 22:59

They are beautiful, congrats cheers

costicuba

PostSubject: Re: Animal models from extruded polystyrene   Tue 4 Aug 2015 - 23:57

Thank you friends :)

Admin

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Animal models from extruded polystyrene   Fri 7 Aug 2015 - 12:29

i promised myself to reach WWW ( world WITHOUT web Wink ) for holidays... Alas today I had to go, a car problem... So I took a look at my favorite place and i found gems cheers cheers cheers

This is an excellent topic Kosta, about fantastic models I never ever heard of before... And they are absolute jewels, so fragile, so old, so rare and so full of childhood magic. They are the true cherries of your collection. Hats off Applause Applause Applause

costicuba

PostSubject: Re: Animal models from extruded polystyrene   Fri 7 Aug 2015 - 15:30

i promised myself to reach WWW ( world WITHOUT web Wink ) for holidays... Alas today I had to go, a car problem... So I took a look at my favorite place and i found gems cheers cheers cheers

This is an excellent topic Kosta, about fantastic models I never ever heard of before... And they are absolute jewels, so fragile, so old, so rare and so full of childhood magic. They are the true cherries of your collection. Hats off Applause Applause Applause

Wow, I`m very happy to read your comment Kiki :)
Thank you very much :)

PostSubject: Re: Animal models from extruded polystyrene   Thu 3 Sep 2015 - 19:04

Hi guys,
I found, that I have 2 more of these models.
Two prehistoric mammals.
They look very toysh ..like cartoons, but still they have them charm :)
here they are :

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Animal models from extruded polystyrene   Thu 3 Sep 2015 - 19:12

Oooh I really like these two, they're very charming drunken Congratulations, Kosta! It's always a welcome surprise to find figurines like these between our old stuff!

Back to top Go down
http://tarunyada.weebly.com/
costicuba

PostSubject: Re: Animal models from extruded polystyrene   Thu 3 Sep 2015 - 19:27

It's always a welcome surprise to find figurines like these between our old stuff!

Yeah, that`s true :)))
Thank you very much Julie sunny

Admin

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Animal models from extruded polystyrene   Thu 3 Sep 2015 - 19:34

They are absolutely wonderful !!! cheers
They are sort of monumental, - I love the style Applause

costicuba

PostSubject: Re: Animal models from extruded polystyrene   Thu 3 Sep 2015 - 19:48

They are absolutely wonderful !!! cheers
They are sort of monumental, - I love the style Applause
:) I`m happy you like them Susanne Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: Animal models from extruded polystyrene   Thu 3 Sep 2015 - 20:31

Very toyish but interesting :)

Country/State : Hampshire, UK

PostSubject: Re: Animal models from extruded polystyrene   Fri 4 Sep 2015 - 3:13

These last two look like they are trying to be (or represent) prehistoric animals? Again; fascinating!

eBay - smallscaleworld
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Animal models from extruded polystyrene   Fri 4 Sep 2015 - 6:28

Cartoonish of course... But SO charming cheers I would love to find these kind of rarities inside a forgotten box lost in the attic drunken

costicuba

PostSubject: Re: Animal models from extruded polystyrene   Fri 4 Sep 2015 - 15:16

Thank you for your comments friends :)

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Animal models from extruded polystyrene   Sun 13 Sep 2015 - 1:03

I'll use one of these two to choose my new hair style. Laughing Very crazy wooly mammoth and rhino. They're very special! Very Happy

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
costicuba

PostSubject: Re: Animal models from extruded polystyrene   Sun 13 Sep 2015 - 2:25

I'll use one of these two to choose my new hair style. Laughing Very crazy wooly mammoth and rhino. They're very special! Very Happy

Hahahahaha Laughing Laughing Laughing
I even missed to pay attention on their hair style Laughing Crazy funny Very Happy
Ok, so if you have to choose one of them... please choose the rhino one. It look`s super-cool lol!

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Animal models from extruded polystyrene   Mon 14 Sep 2015 - 13:37

I even missed to pay attention on their hair style Laughing Crazy funny Very Happy
Ok, so if you have to choose one of them... please choose the rhino one. It look`s super-cool lol!

lol! Yes, rhino has the coolest hair style. I love punk. Wink

Back to top Go down
Tarunyada

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Animal models from extruded polystyrene   Mon 14 Sep 2015 - 17:18

Hehe, me too [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The mammoth looks more like Elvis Laughing

Back to top Go down
http://tarunyada.weebly.com/
costicuba

PostSubject: Re: Animal models from extruded polystyrene   Mon 14 Sep 2015 - 23:14

Hehe, me too [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The mammoth looks more like Elvis Laughing

afro lol!

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Animal models from extruded polystyrene   Tue 15 Sep 2015 - 5:55

I guess they have some crested macaque genes Laughing

costicuba

PostSubject: Re: Animal models from extruded polystyrene   Tue 15 Sep 2015 - 18:51

I guess they have some crested macaque genes Laughing

Haha Laughing maybe that`s the reason lol!

Country/State : Tennessee, USA

PostSubject: Re: Animal models from extruded polystyrene    Fri 27 Jul 2018 - 18:47

Wonderful! The shape forms remind me of the animals made of plaster by JH Miller in the US.

They remind me of my hollow celluloid animals. Wonder if they were made from some of the same molds?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Animal models from extruded polystyrene   

Back to top Go down

Animal models from extruded polystyrene
Page 1 of 1