Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Prehistoric mammals - Show us yours- August 2015

Go down 
+18
Caracal
landrover
Kikimalou
Bowhead Whale
Viking Spawn
Bloodrayne
Wilorvise
Tarunyada
TheLastStardust
elephas_maximus
sbell
pipsxlch
halichoeres
Saien
SUSANNE
Roger
widukind
costicuba
22 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

Prehistoric mammals - Show us yours- August 2015 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prehistoric mammals - Show us yours- August 2015   Prehistoric mammals - Show us yours- August 2015 - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 02, 2015 7:48 pm

Susanne, great presentation of your Safaris! cheers It makes me think where to put mammal ancestors? scratch Here or maybe in a future thread? They're so nice and that inostrancevia is a very good candidat for one more exception in my collection. Very Happy Is there any collector with more different macrauchenias then you? Actually, I got this HK figure with Yvette's help, in an EBAY lot, just because of a rubbery fox. Laughing
I am also impressed with Andrea's collection and I see that everyone shares with me a special admiration for Schleich macrauchenia. My favorite from that series. I have to show mine too! Very Happy

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Prehistoric mammals - Show us yours- August 2015   Prehistoric mammals - Show us yours- August 2015 - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 03, 2015 5:43 am

Thankyou, Kosta and Roger Wink

Roger wrote:
...... It makes me think where to put mammal ancestors? scratch Here or maybe in a future thread? They're so nice and that inostrancevia is a very good candidat for one more exception in my collection. Very Happy ...

Great that you like that inostrancevia too cheers

It could be fun and very interesting with such a topic !!! But perhaps difficult for people like me to contribute ...I already have a serious problem with the goats and "not-goats" geek Laughing

costicuba

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: Prehistoric mammals - Show us yours- August 2015   Prehistoric mammals - Show us yours- August 2015 - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 03, 2015 11:40 am

SUSANNE wrote:

Roger wrote:
...... It makes me think where to put mammal ancestors? scratch Here or maybe in a future thread? They're so nice and that inostrancevia is a very good candidat for one more exception in my collection. Very Happy ...

It could be fun and very interesting with such a topic !!! But perhaps difficult for people like me to contribute ...I already have a serious problem with the goats and "not-goats" geek Laughing

Becouse we talked about the mammal ancestors with Roger..are they fits good on this topic...
and I think, that you are absolutely right Roger, that they are Prehistoric mammals too :)
I asked Google, and he think`s the same Very Happy

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Prehistoric mammals - Show us yours- August 2015   Prehistoric mammals - Show us yours- August 2015 - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 03, 2015 2:56 pm

costicuba wrote:
SUSANNE wrote:

Roger wrote:

Becouse we talked about the mammal ancestors with Roger..are they fits good on this topic...
and I think, that you are absolutely right Roger, that they are Prehistoric mammals too :)
I asked Google, and he think`s the same Very Happy

I feel some interest in including these animals and I think our forum as also an educational spirit.
We have two options. I can rename this topic and include these proto-mammals or open a new special topic at the middle of the month dedicated to them. Is not hard to determine if an animal belongs to these lineage. If we have doubts, we write the correct name of it at the English Wikipedia, and, in the part where it shows the taxonomic classification, usually under the main article picture, we only have to check if this animal belongs to a clade called synapsida. All mammals and proto-mammals are synapsids. Mammals belong to a class called mammalia, if the animal is a synapsid but doesn't belongs to mammalia class, it is a proto-mammal. I hope not to sound arrogant but who has doubts, one can make a little game, which of these 3 Bullyland releases doesn't represent a proto-mammal?
- dimetrodon, arizonasaurus or edaphosaurus? Wink Very Happy
You can also use this excellent page that our real expert, Christophe, created on Toy Animal Wiki! monkey cheers

costicuba

PostSubject: Re: Prehistoric mammals - Show us yours- August 2015   Prehistoric mammals - Show us yours- August 2015 - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 04, 2015 8:33 am

I`m absolutely fine if you rename this topic .. :)
Let`s see what the other members think.. but will be nice to have also proto-mammal models in ``Show us..`` :)

halichoeres

Country/State : Illinois, USA

PostSubject: Re: Prehistoric mammals - Show us yours- August 2015   Prehistoric mammals - Show us yours- August 2015 - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 07, 2015 10:56 am

Some Mesozoic mammals:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Yujin Henkelotherium. A stem therian (closer to marsupials and placentals than to monotremes).

Yowie Steropodon. A Cretaceous platypus.

Yowie Kollikodon ("Hotcrossbunodon" is its nickname, a simultaneous pun and portmanteau because its teeth looked like hot cross buns, and are bunodont, meaning the crowns end in blunt tubercles rather than sharp crests). A Cretaceous monotreme which may or may not have looked like a giant platypus.

Vivid Alphadon (Walking with Dinosaurs). A Cretaceous North American marsupial.

That's all I have, except for some other early mammal relatives like that wonderful Inostrancevia.

Last edited by halichoeres on Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=3390.0
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Prehistoric mammals - Show us yours- August 2015   Prehistoric mammals - Show us yours- August 2015 - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 07, 2015 11:29 am

WOW ! cheers Hali, they are fantastic cheers

That Henkelotherium is out of this world drunken
I did not know that there were prehistoric yowies, - and never saw  "prehistoric pltypusses" before  either Very Happy
The Alphadon is such a lovely critter too !

A very warm welcome to you ! flower  sunny
I can see that you are already contributing to TAI also  Applause

It could be fun if you will introduce yourself here [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Very Happy

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Prehistoric mammals - Show us yours- August 2015   Prehistoric mammals - Show us yours- August 2015 - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 07, 2015 2:20 pm

At long last I got taken pictures of my prehistoric mammals from Starlux Wink

I will rty to write the names, but please bear with me if I spell them wrong Embarassed

Giant deer and aurochs.

Marchairodus and Panthera Spelasa

Alticamelus and Gigantocamelus.

Andrewsarchus.

Baluchitherium and Moropus

Cave bear and Woolly Rhino

Platybelodon and Dinotherium

Arsinotherium and Brontotherium.

Synthetoceras and Eohippus.

Uintatherium

Paleotherium and Megatherium

Mastodont and two different wolly Mammoths.

Glyptodont and Moeritherium .

Very Happy Very Happy

Saien

Saien

Country/State : Slovakia

PostSubject: Re: Prehistoric mammals - Show us yours- August 2015   Prehistoric mammals - Show us yours- August 2015 - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 07, 2015 3:38 pm

Wow Halichoeres, how many wonderful and unusual species, I´ve never seen them before Applause    Congrats and welcome here!  cheers  sunny

Susanne, your collection is absolutely amazing! cheers   What a diversity of species! Shocked  I have no words... silent  Very Happy

halichoeres

PostSubject: Re: Prehistoric mammals - Show us yours- August 2015   Prehistoric mammals - Show us yours- August 2015 - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 07, 2015 3:47 pm

Thank you both for the welcome! I'll go introduce myself on the relevant board...

@Susanne: great variety of Starlux pieces! Enough to inspire envy. Yes, Yowie made three series of "Lost Kingdoms" figures, I believe 110 in total. Now that I think of it, I have many more prehistoric mammals from that series, but I only actually collect Mesozoic things, so they quite slipped my mind. They are mostly Australian animals, so many are species that nobody else has made (like these monotremes!). Perhaps I will add some to the wiki!

costicuba

costicuba

PostSubject: Re: Prehistoric mammals - Show us yours- August 2015   Prehistoric mammals - Show us yours- August 2015 - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 07, 2015 5:16 pm

So nice models from Halichoeres ..especially this Yujin Henkelotherium ..realy cool :)
Welcome here :)
And Susanne , you explode again with sooo great models wowwww
These Starlux models are awesome !
Every model look`s so interesting....
I just adore this Giant deer :) it has great face.. and wonderful details :)

sbell

Country/State : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Prehistoric mammals - Show us yours- August 2015   Prehistoric mammals - Show us yours- August 2015 - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 07, 2015 5:29 pm

I have hundreds of prehistoric mammals (especially if we include therapsids--but what of pelycosaurs and other synapsids? Will dicynodonts and dinocephalians also go in?), but it's going to take some time.

EDIT--I just looked, and including all synapsids I apparently have over 400 different ones--and I just received my CollectA order, for me and my store, which means a couple more!

And it could take forever to get them all here...even just the ones that aren't already.

But I will put in the Yujin Tetonius, from the original NHK set:

And the original Yujin NHK Henkelotherium:

And the Platybelodon from the same set:
Back to top Go down
http://faunafigures.com/
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Prehistoric mammals - Show us yours- August 2015   Prehistoric mammals - Show us yours- August 2015 - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 07, 2015 6:03 pm

OH, I am impressed, this topic is getting very interesting. Halich, Susanne and Sean... so great collections! I think prehistoric mammals are doing well so we can open a different topic to other synapsids. Any candidat to open it at 15 th or shall I do it myself? Wink

sbell

PostSubject: Re: Prehistoric mammals - Show us yours- August 2015   Prehistoric mammals - Show us yours- August 2015 - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 07, 2015 6:24 pm

Roger wrote:
OH, I am impressed, this topic is getting very interesting. Halich, Susanne and Sean... so great collections! I think prehistoric mammals are doing well so we can open a different topic to other synapsids. Any candidat to open it at 15 th or shall I do it myself? Wink

You'll probably find that the 'synapsids' one has fewer figures, but it will be full of unusual animals--and hopefully someone has some rarely-seen gems (like, say, a FaunaCasts Moschops...who could that be!? Very Happy )
Back to top Go down
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: Prehistoric mammals - Show us yours- August 2015   Prehistoric mammals - Show us yours- August 2015 - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 07, 2015 6:25 pm

This has been a fascinating topic! A big thank you to all the posters! I don't have any prehistoric mammals besides a couple hominids I got for my mother.
I'd kind of like seeing all the protomammals here as well...
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Prehistoric mammals - Show us yours- August 2015   Prehistoric mammals - Show us yours- August 2015 - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 07, 2015 7:07 pm

sbell wrote:
Roger wrote:

You'll probably find that the 'synapsids' one has fewer figures, but it will be full of unusual animals--and hopefully someone has some rarely-seen gems (like, say, a FaunaCasts Moschops...who could that be!? Very Happy )

Sean, I think you're a good candidat! Laughing You have several and as you are knowledgeable about these animals, maybe you can make a great introduction. You don't have to post them all at once and you can even copy the code from your posts in any other forum using bbcode. I am not a collector of prehistoric animal figures and I have only 2 or 3 of these. I think that I don't even have a dimetrodon. geek
It will be surely a small topic but surely very interesting with unusual species. Very Happy

costicuba

PostSubject: Re: Prehistoric mammals - Show us yours- August 2015   Prehistoric mammals - Show us yours- August 2015 - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 07, 2015 10:10 pm

Very cool models from Sbell :)
I can`t wait to see the rest of the prehistoric mammals Sbell `s collection :)

Just 3 more of me Wink

First one is JA-RU model of Uintatherium :

Next one is one Mammoth , from very funny and charming set of MEG prahistoric models.
I inserted the rest of the models just for a background Wink

And last one is one 4D Master Smilodon :

:)

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Prehistoric mammals - Show us yours- August 2015   Prehistoric mammals - Show us yours- August 2015 - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 08, 2015 3:21 am

Roger wrote:

Sean, I think you're a good candidat! Laughing You have several and as you are knowledgeable about these animals, maybe you can make a great introduction. You don't have to post them all at once and you can even copy the code from your posts in any other forum using bbcode. I am not a collector of prehistoric animal figures and I have only 2 or 3 of these.  I think that I don't even have a dimetrodon. geek
It will be surely a small topic but surely very interesting with unusual species. Very Happy

That would be WONDERFUL !!!!

Please, please, Sean say yes !!!
bounce bounce

I do not know the first thing about these fascinating ancestors of ours, so at least for me it would be enormously interesting to have them in a separate topic Very Happy
If it weas not for you, I might  fear that it would be a very small topic, but with you and Halichoeres ( and our other experts) contributing it could be very educative study flower[/quote]

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Prehistoric mammals - Show us yours- August 2015   Prehistoric mammals - Show us yours- August 2015 - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 08, 2015 3:26 am

Kosta, your collection has so many rare and beautyful gems of brands that we rarely see affraid

That is a lovely JA-RU model of Uintatherium, and ...MEG also made prehistoric models !!!! They are beautyful !
That smilodon !!! I have one also, and I love it Very Happy
A very, very kind young man in Bulgaria gave it to me, - can anybody guess who ? Wink

sbell

sbell

PostSubject: Re: Prehistoric mammals - Show us yours- August 2015   Prehistoric mammals - Show us yours- August 2015 - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 08, 2015 8:26 am

I can do it, yes, it might take a bit of time for me to get it up.

And for those wondering, that cartoony mammoth is from Monster in My Pocket. There are different versions, though, I think even glow in the dark ones.

Last edited by sbell on Sat Aug 08, 2015 10:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Prehistoric mammals - Show us yours- August 2015   Prehistoric mammals - Show us yours- August 2015 - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 08, 2015 9:19 am

Bullyland coelodonta

Schleich glyptodon

Schleich macrauchenia

Schleich ground sloth

CollectA paraceratherium

Yes, I also have a mammoth and a cave bear but I'll show them next time. Very Happy

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Prehistoric mammals - Show us yours- August 2015   Prehistoric mammals - Show us yours- August 2015 - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 08, 2015 9:33 am

Alway showing the good sence and taste when choosing models, - fantastic, Portuguese Crocodile cheers

costicuba

costicuba

PostSubject: Re: Prehistoric mammals - Show us yours- August 2015   Prehistoric mammals - Show us yours- August 2015 - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 09, 2015 1:51 pm

Very nice models Roger :) This topic start to be very interesting..with so many Prehistoric mammals :)

halichoeres

PostSubject: Re: Prehistoric mammals - Show us yours- August 2015   Prehistoric mammals - Show us yours- August 2015 - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 09, 2015 7:26 pm

Here are a few more Yowies, at least the ones I haven't sold yet. Lost Kingdoms Series A had many mammals. Series B had only one mammal, and Series C again had more than a dozen mammals, all Australian.

[dead image--thanks, Photobucket!]
Top, L to R: Thylacoleo ("Pleistocene Marsupial Lion"), Yarala ("Tube-nosed Bandicoot"), Tingamarra, Rhizophascolonus (Miocene Proto-wombat"), Yalkaparidon ("Cohen's Thingodonta")
Middle, L to R: Nimiokoala ("Rainforest Koala"), Ekaltadeta ("Riversleigh Killer Kangaroo"), Australonycteris ("Murgon Bat"), Diprotodon, Palorchestes ("Marsupial Tapir"), Paljara ("Tirari Paljara")
Bottom, L to R: "Frome Freshwater Dolphin," Brachipposideros ("Riversleigh Leaf-nosed Bat")

Last edited by halichoeres on Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=3390.0
elephas_maximus

PostSubject: Re: Prehistoric mammals - Show us yours- August 2015   Prehistoric mammals - Show us yours- August 2015 - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 09, 2015 8:06 pm

Interesting collections everyone.  
Here are some of my prehistoric proboscideans.
Resin, plastic and 3D printed.

Revell reissue of the Aurora Woolly mammoth kit.

Battat Mammoth skeleton kit purchased in the 1990's. Made in Japan
Back to top Go down
http://www.shapeways.com/shops/redelephant
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Prehistoric mammals - Show us yours- August 2015   Prehistoric mammals - Show us yours- August 2015 - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Prehistoric mammals - Show us yours- August 2015
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next