Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Prehistoric mammals - Show us yours- August 2015

Go down 
+18
Caracal
landrover
Kikimalou
Bowhead Whale
Viking Spawn
Bloodrayne
Wilorvise
Tarunyada
TheLastStardust
elephas_maximus
sbell
pipsxlch
halichoeres
Saien
SUSANNE
Roger
widukind
costicuba
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
costicuba

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

Prehistoric mammals - Show us yours- August 2015 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prehistoric mammals - Show us yours- August 2015   Prehistoric mammals - Show us yours- August 2015 - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 07, 2015 9:16 pm

So nice models from Halichoeres ..especially this Yujin Henkelotherium ..realy cool :)
Welcome here :)
And Susanne , you explode again with sooo great models wowwww
These Starlux models are awesome !
Every model look`s so interesting....
I just adore this Giant deer :) it has great face.. and wonderful details :)

sbell

Country/State : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Prehistoric mammals - Show us yours- August 2015   Prehistoric mammals - Show us yours- August 2015 - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 07, 2015 9:29 pm

I have hundreds of prehistoric mammals (especially if we include therapsids--but what of pelycosaurs and other synapsids? Will dicynodonts and dinocephalians also go in?), but it's going to take some time.

EDIT--I just looked, and including all synapsids I apparently have over 400 different ones--and I just received my CollectA order, for me and my store, which means a couple more!

And it could take forever to get them all here...even just the ones that aren't already.

But I will put in the Yujin Tetonius, from the original NHK set:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

And the original Yujin NHK Henkelotherium:

And the Platybelodon from the same set:
Back to top Go down
http://faunafigures.com/
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Prehistoric mammals - Show us yours- August 2015   Prehistoric mammals - Show us yours- August 2015 - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 07, 2015 10:03 pm

OH, I am impressed, this topic is getting very interesting. Halich, Susanne and Sean... so great collections! I think prehistoric mammals are doing well so we can open a different topic to other synapsids. Any candidat to open it at 15 th or shall I do it myself? Wink

sbell

PostSubject: Re: Prehistoric mammals - Show us yours- August 2015   Prehistoric mammals - Show us yours- August 2015 - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 07, 2015 10:24 pm

Roger wrote:
OH, I am impressed, this topic is getting very interesting. Halich, Susanne and Sean... so great collections! I think prehistoric mammals are doing well so we can open a different topic to other synapsids. Any candidat to open it at 15 th or shall I do it myself? Wink

You'll probably find that the 'synapsids' one has fewer figures, but it will be full of unusual animals--and hopefully someone has some rarely-seen gems (like, say, a FaunaCasts Moschops...who could that be!? Very Happy )
Back to top Go down
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: Prehistoric mammals - Show us yours- August 2015   Prehistoric mammals - Show us yours- August 2015 - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 07, 2015 10:25 pm

This has been a fascinating topic! A big thank you to all the posters! I don't have any prehistoric mammals besides a couple hominids I got for my mother.
I'd kind of like seeing all the protomammals here as well...
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Prehistoric mammals - Show us yours- August 2015   Prehistoric mammals - Show us yours- August 2015 - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 07, 2015 11:07 pm

sbell wrote:
Roger wrote:

You'll probably find that the 'synapsids' one has fewer figures, but it will be full of unusual animals--and hopefully someone has some rarely-seen gems (like, say, a FaunaCasts Moschops...who could that be!? Very Happy )

Sean, I think you're a good candidat! Laughing You have several and as you are knowledgeable about these animals, maybe you can make a great introduction. You don't have to post them all at once and you can even copy the code from your posts in any other forum using bbcode. I am not a collector of prehistoric animal figures and I have only 2 or 3 of these. I think that I don't even have a dimetrodon. geek
It will be surely a small topic but surely very interesting with unusual species. Very Happy

costicuba

PostSubject: Re: Prehistoric mammals - Show us yours- August 2015   Prehistoric mammals - Show us yours- August 2015 - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 08, 2015 2:10 am

Very cool models from Sbell :)
I can`t wait to see the rest of the prehistoric mammals Sbell `s collection :)

Just 3 more of me Wink

First one is JA-RU model of Uintatherium :

Next one is one Mammoth , from very funny and charming set of MEG prahistoric models.
I inserted the rest of the models just for a background Wink

And last one is one 4D Master Smilodon :

:)

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Prehistoric mammals - Show us yours- August 2015   Prehistoric mammals - Show us yours- August 2015 - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 08, 2015 7:21 am

Roger wrote:

Sean, I think you're a good candidat! Laughing You have several and as you are knowledgeable about these animals, maybe you can make a great introduction. You don't have to post them all at once and you can even copy the code from your posts in any other forum using bbcode. I am not a collector of prehistoric animal figures and I have only 2 or 3 of these.  I think that I don't even have a dimetrodon. geek
It will be surely a small topic but surely very interesting with unusual species. Very Happy

That would be WONDERFUL !!!!

Please, please, Sean say yes !!!
bounce bounce

I do not know the first thing about these fascinating ancestors of ours, so at least for me it would be enormously interesting to have them in a separate topic Very Happy
If it weas not for you, I might  fear that it would be a very small topic, but with you and Halichoeres ( and our other experts) contributing it could be very educative study flower[/quote]

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Prehistoric mammals - Show us yours- August 2015   Prehistoric mammals - Show us yours- August 2015 - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 08, 2015 7:26 am

Kosta, your collection has so many rare and beautyful gems of brands that we rarely see affraid

That is a lovely JA-RU model of Uintatherium, and ...MEG also made prehistoric models !!!! They are beautyful !
That smilodon !!! I have one also, and I love it Very Happy
A very, very kind young man in Bulgaria gave it to me, - can anybody guess who ? Wink

sbell

sbell

PostSubject: Re: Prehistoric mammals - Show us yours- August 2015   Prehistoric mammals - Show us yours- August 2015 - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 08, 2015 12:26 pm

I can do it, yes, it might take a bit of time for me to get it up.

And for those wondering, that cartoony mammoth is from Monster in My Pocket. There are different versions, though, I think even glow in the dark ones.

Last edited by sbell on Sat Aug 08, 2015 2:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Prehistoric mammals - Show us yours- August 2015   Prehistoric mammals - Show us yours- August 2015 - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 08, 2015 1:19 pm

Bullyland coelodonta

Schleich glyptodon

Schleich macrauchenia

Schleich ground sloth

CollectA paraceratherium

Yes, I also have a mammoth and a cave bear but I'll show them next time. Very Happy

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Prehistoric mammals - Show us yours- August 2015   Prehistoric mammals - Show us yours- August 2015 - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 08, 2015 1:33 pm

Alway showing the good sence and taste when choosing models, - fantastic, Portuguese Crocodile cheers

costicuba

costicuba

PostSubject: Re: Prehistoric mammals - Show us yours- August 2015   Prehistoric mammals - Show us yours- August 2015 - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 09, 2015 5:51 pm

Very nice models Roger :) This topic start to be very interesting..with so many Prehistoric mammals :)

halichoeres

Country/State : Illinois, USA

PostSubject: Re: Prehistoric mammals - Show us yours- August 2015   Prehistoric mammals - Show us yours- August 2015 - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 09, 2015 11:26 pm

Here are a few more Yowies, at least the ones I haven't sold yet. Lost Kingdoms Series A had many mammals. Series B had only one mammal, and Series C again had more than a dozen mammals, all Australian.

[dead image--thanks, Photobucket!]
Top, L to R: Thylacoleo ("Pleistocene Marsupial Lion"), Yarala ("Tube-nosed Bandicoot"), Tingamarra, Rhizophascolonus (Miocene Proto-wombat"), Yalkaparidon ("Cohen's Thingodonta")
Middle, L to R: Nimiokoala ("Rainforest Koala"), Ekaltadeta ("Riversleigh Killer Kangaroo"), Australonycteris ("Murgon Bat"), Diprotodon, Palorchestes ("Marsupial Tapir"), Paljara ("Tirari Paljara")
Bottom, L to R: "Frome Freshwater Dolphin," Brachipposideros ("Riversleigh Leaf-nosed Bat")

Last edited by halichoeres on Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=3390.0
elephas_maximus

PostSubject: Re: Prehistoric mammals - Show us yours- August 2015   Prehistoric mammals - Show us yours- August 2015 - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 10, 2015 12:06 am

Interesting collections everyone.  
Here are some of my prehistoric proboscideans.
Resin, plastic and 3D printed.

Revell reissue of the Aurora Woolly mammoth kit.

Battat Mammoth skeleton kit purchased in the 1990's. Made in Japan
Back to top Go down
http://www.shapeways.com/shops/redelephant
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Prehistoric mammals - Show us yours- August 2015   Prehistoric mammals - Show us yours- August 2015 - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 10, 2015 1:47 pm

What an amazing flock you have there, Halichoeres ! And all Australian species of mammals cheers
I had no idea that there has been found fossiles of so many town there !!!
This is indeed a very interesting topic Very Happy

EM, - your collection is absolutelt stunning Applause Applause

TheLastStardust

TheLastStardust

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Prehistoric mammals - Show us yours- August 2015   Prehistoric mammals - Show us yours- August 2015 - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 10, 2015 2:19 pm

Ohhh, How could I oversee This!? Embarassed  bounce  bounce  I LOVE this topic! I loove it! xDD
Can I show mine??? bounce  Can I...? bounce

Okay! Here's my Schleich Collection:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]prehi by Nardien Brons, on Flickr

Other Brands:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]DSC_0003 by Nardien Brons, on Flickr

My Smallest: Very Happy

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]DSC_0002 by Nardien Brons, on Flickr

And These are not really ''Prehistoric'' but I love them so xD

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]DSC_0004 by Nardien Brons, on Flickr

and EM -I wanted to say that your collection is stunning! Shocked  I scrolled back twice to look at it!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
costicuba

costicuba

PostSubject: Re: Prehistoric mammals - Show us yours- August 2015   Prehistoric mammals - Show us yours- August 2015 - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 10, 2015 2:34 pm

Wow,
so nice and interesting models from Halichoeres , elephas_maximus and TheLastStardust :)

EM, your collection is realy impressive .
Can I ask, for this white-yellow Mammoth, is it Resin, or 3D printed ?

Saien

Country/State : Slovakia

PostSubject: Re: Prehistoric mammals - Show us yours- August 2015   Prehistoric mammals - Show us yours- August 2015 - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 10, 2015 3:10 pm

Amazing collections from everybody cheers Thank´s to everyone for sharing! I love you sunny

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Prehistoric mammals - Show us yours- August 2015   Prehistoric mammals - Show us yours- August 2015 - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 10, 2015 3:12 pm

You have a wonderful collection, Dusty, no wonder you love them. cheers

TheLastStardust wrote:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]DSC_0002 by Nardien Brons, on Flickr

What brand is the beauty to the left ? bounce

The Mammoth is Bullyland, isn' t he Very Happy

sbell

sbell

PostSubject: Re: Prehistoric mammals - Show us yours- August 2015   Prehistoric mammals - Show us yours- August 2015 - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 10, 2015 3:43 pm

On the left is the Series 1 version 1 Kaiyodo Dinotales Brontotherium.

I'm also a big freshwater fish-figure fan. Know of anything new and exciting? I need to know as well!
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Prehistoric mammals - Show us yours- August 2015   Prehistoric mammals - Show us yours- August 2015 - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 10, 2015 4:32 pm

sbell wrote:
On the left is the Series 1 version 1 Kaiyodo Dinotales Brontotherium.

Ahhh! Kaiyodo ! Awesome model drunken

sbell

sbell

PostSubject: Re: Prehistoric mammals - Show us yours- August 2015   Prehistoric mammals - Show us yours- August 2015 - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 10, 2015 4:54 pm

I’m finally going to get at least some of my prehistoric mammals up. I will be honest though, I will not be labelling more than company/series because, again, almost 400 models and counting. Plus, many are dispersed in storage or shelves so it’s easier to just use my stock photos rather than group shots—apologies in advance, because it’s going to be a lot of photos!

COG Prehistoric Panorama Mammals:

Famemaster Ice Age mini 4d Puzzles

MPC

Club Earth (recently extinct, but still!)

DZ Metal miniatures

Ral Partha (mostly Beastmaster series)

Nabisco/Lido

Forgotten Friends Yowies

Lost Kingdom Yowies

Medicom (Sold as parts of a set of cryptid, mythological and mystery models)

Okay, that's enough for now! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
TheLastStardust

TheLastStardust

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Prehistoric mammals - Show us yours- August 2015   Prehistoric mammals - Show us yours- August 2015 - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 10, 2015 5:04 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
You have a wonderful collection, Dusty, no wonder you love them. cheers

TheLastStardust wrote:

What brand is the beauty to the left ? bounce

The Mammoth is Bullyland, isn' t he Very Happy

Thank you, Susanne! <3 sbell was too quick for me, but yes, he is Kaiyodo xD

The mammoth is bullyland indeed Very Happy

Back to top Go down
elephas_maximus

PostSubject: Re: Prehistoric mammals - Show us yours- August 2015   Prehistoric mammals - Show us yours- August 2015 - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 10, 2015 8:12 pm

costicuba wrote:

EM, your collection is realy impressive .
Can I ask, for this white-yellow Mammoth, is it Resin, or 3D printed ?

The mammoth is a resin model kit by Paleocraft.
Back to top Go down
http://www.shapeways.com/shops/redelephant
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Prehistoric mammals - Show us yours- August 2015   Prehistoric mammals - Show us yours- August 2015 - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Prehistoric mammals - Show us yours- August 2015
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next