Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  

Share | 

I'm sure these aren't schleich, but what are they?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ice_twin

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: I'm sure these aren't schleich, but what are they?   Fri Aug 21, 2015 4:18 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I was browsing Ebay for new purchases, and these cuties popped up. Now i'm sure they're not Schleich, they don't seem to have the right look about them, but what could they be, and why would someone list them as Schleich if they're not??

Thank you

:)
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: I'm sure these aren't schleich, but what are they?   Fri Aug 21, 2015 4:26 pm

They are Papo Wink

Ice_twin

PostSubject: Re: I'm sure these aren't schleich, but what are they?   Fri Aug 21, 2015 4:30 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
They are Papo Wink

Ah yay I was sure they weren't Schleich, although maybe that's worrying, I must be turning into an addict Very Happy

So they're Papo, I like them, but wonder why the seller is blatantly lying Neutral
Back to top Go down
Ice_twin

PostSubject: Re: I'm sure these aren't schleich, but what are they?   Fri Aug 21, 2015 4:31 pm

Thank you for the links Susanne :)
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: I'm sure these aren't schleich, but what are they?   Fri Aug 21, 2015 4:37 pm

I do not think it is a person lying.
He/she has only had 22 transactions on Ebay, - perhaps some mom selling toys for a child, and thinking they are all Schleich ?

Roger
Admin

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: I'm sure these aren't schleich, but what are they?   Fri Aug 21, 2015 4:41 pm

Yes, Susanne is right, sometimes someone not very knowledgeable sells figures in small groups but from a large lot and obviously, don't check what is marked in all of them. So, if the majority is Schleich, that person assumes that all other are Schleich too.

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Ice_twin

PostSubject: Re: I'm sure these aren't schleich, but what are they?   Fri Aug 21, 2015 4:45 pm

I do not think it is a person lying.
He/she has only had 22 transactions on Ebay, - perhaps some mom selling toys for a child, and thinking they are all Schleich ?

I understand that they may have more to list that are Schleich, and therefore may assume that all the animals are of the same brand. But surely the absence of the brand name on the cats is a a bit of a giveaway? scratch
Back to top Go down
NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: I'm sure these aren't schleich, but what are they?   Fri Aug 21, 2015 6:41 pm

Most people do only know Schleich Wink It is a big brand who sells is many shops. Often people label them as Schleich, so they would sell better. I see this many times on the Dutch E-bayish site Marktplaats. "Same quality as Schleich" or "Same as Schleich". Often in big lots, you can find some non Schleich animals in them.

Some people don't care what they type, or as Susanne and Roger already said, they don't know the difference. Every hobby has people who come across people who don't know anything about it.
For me every stamp is a stamp, but for others it might be a rare piece dated from 1890 or so XD

Don't worry, you are not an addict Wink Just a person who knows the difference :)

Ice_twin

PostSubject: Re: I'm sure these aren't schleich, but what are they?   Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:14 pm

Don't worry, you are not an addict Wink Just a person who knows the difference :)

Laughing Thanks, that means a lot :)

Although I do wonder when one becomes an addict, and if that's actually a bad thing Very Happy
Back to top Go down
NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: I'm sure these aren't schleich, but what are they?   Fri Aug 21, 2015 8:43 pm

Laughing Thanks, that means a lot :)

Although I do wonder when one becomes an addict, and if that's actually a bad thing Very Happy

Addict is when you become when you can't live without something.
You can live without searching, buying or looking at your collection right?

When it is bad for your health it is a bad thing.
Addict is a wrong word I guess, it is a hobby, a fun thing to do.

Heh, hard to explain those things when English is not your native language. XD

Ice_twin

PostSubject: Re: I'm sure these aren't schleich, but what are they?   Fri Aug 21, 2015 8:46 pm

Addict is when you become when you can't live without something.
You can live without searching, buying or looking at your collection right?

When it is bad for your health it is a bad thing.
Addict is a wrong word I guess, it is a hobby, a fun thing to do.

Heh, hard to explain those things when English is not your native language. XD

That's a great explanation, you did a better job than me and I live in England :)

I suppose enthusiast might be a better word lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'm sure these aren't schleich, but what are they?   

Back to top Go down

I'm sure these aren't schleich, but what are they?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1