Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Papo Orangutan?

Go down 
+3
Kikimalou
widukind
SUSANNE
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Geospiza fortis

Geospiza fortis

Country/State : United States

papo - Papo Orangutan? Empty
PostSubject: Papo Orangutan?   papo - Papo Orangutan? EmptySat 22 Aug 2015, 23:29

I bought this orangutan at the Philadelphia Zoo today. It looks exactly like the Papo orangutan except it has no mark and is with a different brand on the tag. I don't think it is a knock-off just because the paint matches almost exactly. There was a Safari African Penguin like this as well but I didn't buy it because I already have one.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
My guess is that the molds were bought by Papo from another company and this company bought theirs from the same one, sort of like the Walrus and manatee, but I'm not entirely sure.
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Papo Orangutan?   papo - Papo Orangutan? EmptySun 23 Aug 2015, 06:55

WOW ! That is interesting !!! Shocked
What a fantastic find cheers

My first thought was that Papo has made it for them, because we have not seen this orangutan with other names before, and the paintwork is very "Papo'ish"...but your guess is probably the same as mine scratch

Is there any information on the tag ? Very Happy

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Papo Orangutan?   papo - Papo Orangutan? EmptySun 23 Aug 2015, 07:50

Interesting :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Papo Orangutan?   papo - Papo Orangutan? EmptySun 23 Aug 2015, 09:15

Another mystery scratch
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Papo Orangutan?   papo - Papo Orangutan? EmptySun 23 Aug 2015, 09:37

That's strange to see a figure of that quality without any markings. Could you share with us the information provided in that tag?
Maybe that's a Philadelphia Zoo collection and they just bought directly from the brands non marked figures to be sold as belonging to their collection. scratch

Geospiza fortis

PostSubject: Re: Papo Orangutan?   papo - Papo Orangutan? EmptySun 23 Aug 2015, 13:13

The inside of the tag has a picture of an orangutan on the left and on the right says: Orangutans are found on the islands of Sumatra and Borneo , where they spend most of their time high in the treetops." On the back there are the usual warnings and "Made in China". I just took the price sticker off to reveal "Carlisle Co. Mound House, NV 89706". and underneath that: 10311310552ST.
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Papo Orangutan?   papo - Papo Orangutan? EmptySun 23 Aug 2015, 13:17

GREAT !!! Here is a bit of information, - they are wholesellers based in Nevada , so they must have gotten a deal with Papo Very Happy
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

costicuba

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: Papo Orangutan?   papo - Papo Orangutan? EmptySun 23 Aug 2015, 15:34

This is interesting..
For shure is made it by Papo ...at least the paint work is the same..

I also have one mystery Papo model... and I hope, Geospiza fortis doesn`t mind if I show it here.. :)
I have the Papo Werewolf, present form Susane.
She bought it for me from MPV..
I love it ! It is great made it. This is the model :
The strange thing is , that there is no mark on the model... nothing.
Like this Orangutan..
And I wanted to ask for that, the friends here from long time...
That`s why I`m taking this opportunity now :)
It is trange , one Papo model to be with no mark, isn`t it ?

Oh..and I just wanted to share something else with you guys :)
Maybe some of you already watched the ``Jurassic world`` movie .. ?!?
The Papo walking T-rex model is famous there cheers It participate in the movie :)
I was happy to see that..

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Papo Orangutan?   papo - Papo Orangutan? EmptySun 23 Aug 2015, 15:56

costicuba wrote:

Oh..and I just wanted to share something else with you guys :)
Maybe some of you already watched the ``Jurassic world`` movie .. ?!?
The Papo walking T-rex model is famous there  cheers It  participate in the movie :)
I was happy to see that..

cheers bounce alien cheers

I have GOT to see that film bounce Very Happy

Geospiza fortis

Geospiza fortis

PostSubject: Re: Papo Orangutan?   papo - Papo Orangutan? EmptySun 23 Aug 2015, 18:29

Thanks for the help, Susanne!
Jurassic World is a movie well worth seeing, but I don't think that is the Papo T. rex. It looks different and from what I heard it was made of fragile resin (one reportedly shattered on-set), but there are lots of Schleich dinosaurs, especially in the beginning.

Last edited by Geospiza fortis on Sun 23 Aug 2015, 18:30; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typo :\)
Back to top Go down
costicuba

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: Papo Orangutan?   papo - Papo Orangutan? EmptySun 23 Aug 2015, 18:56

Perhaps this is true.. :)
To me, it look`s very similar to Papo T-rex...
I tried to make one screenshot from the movie, it is not good, but is the best one, becouse the camera goes very fast.
This is the photo :

Geospiza fortis

PostSubject: Re: Papo Orangutan?   papo - Papo Orangutan? EmptySun 23 Aug 2015, 21:30

costicuba wrote:
Perhaps this is true.. :)
To me, it look`s very similar to Papo T-rex...
I tried to make one screenshot from the movie, it is not good, but is the best one, becouse the camera goes very fast.
This is the photo :
I wish the Papo T. rex looked like that
Here's a close up picture. I saw a better one somewhere but I can't seem to find it now:
There's also an ankylosaurus/euoplocephalus that looks like the Papo and Hasbro ones. The T. rex jaw snapper is from Safari LTD I think.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Papo Orangutan?   papo - Papo Orangutan? EmptySun 23 Aug 2015, 22:04

Thanks for checking what is written in that tag. Carlisle is just a reseller, the Zoo surely got the orangutan through Carlisle but it is strange anyway that it is not branded as Papo. scratch

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Papo Orangutan?   papo - Papo Orangutan? EmptySun 23 Aug 2015, 23:43

A strange find, congratulations! Very Happy

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Papo Orangutan?   papo - Papo Orangutan? EmptyMon 24 Aug 2015, 07:16

Perhaps it is a new niche-market for papo ? Selling for wholeseller's own tag ? scratch

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Papo Orangutan?   papo - Papo Orangutan? Empty

Back to top Go down

Papo Orangutan?
Page 1 of 1