Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  
Very Happy The STS 2017 Logo contest is already open HERE Very Happy

Share | 

Toyanimal.info Wiki Annual Report 2015

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Tiermann

Country/State : Oregon, USA

PostSubject: Toyanimal.info Wiki Annual Report 2015   Tue Aug 25, 2015 1:13 am

Hello everyone, it is the third anniversary of the Toyanimal.info website so it is time again to report to the community where we are at and what we have done in the last three years.

Here are some statistics for the Wiki:

Content pages: 14,107 (last year 11,725) we have added 2,382 pages this year
Images: 18,618 (last year 14,336) we have added 4,282 images this year

Total edits since the beginning: 75,612 (last year 58,038) we have done 17,574 edits (and counting!) this year

Currently active editors: 7

I want to thank everyone who has helped add content to the wiki either directly or through giving us permission to add your data/images.
Special thanks to Susanne, Roger, and Kikimalou for their years of dedication and thousands of edits and to Froggie, Halichoeres and Takama for their more recent dedicated help.

July/August is when our annual expenses come due, and the time of year when most members pay annual dues. The $5 annual dues fee helps to offset the annual expenses. This year the annual expenses came to $96.01 for site name registration and hosting.
If you are interested in becoming a member you can fill out our membership form at the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
If you have been a member in the past and just want to renew you can use the donations link at our [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and enter $5 when you get to PayPal (feel free to donate more :) )
So far we have usually only brought in about half our expenses each year, I cover the other half from my own pocket. Having enough annual memberships to cover the costs and make the site self sustaining is important for long term viability. If you value the resource please consider helping us with the costs.

Current Projects: We are finishing up a reworking of the Play Visions pages, and are working on the K&M pages right now. In addition we are adding pages in other areas, especially prehistoric species at the moment.

Thanks for taking the time to read our report, and for all the help provided to us by all the editors, members, and STS friends who have helped us over the years.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://schleich.animobil.info
SUSANNE
Admin

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Toyanimal.info Wiki Annual Report 2015   Tue Aug 25, 2015 2:09 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:

I want to thank everyone who has helped add content to the wiki either directly or through giving us permission to add your data/images.
Special thanks to Susanne, Roger, and Kikimalou for their years of dedication and thousands of edits and to Froggie, Halichoeres and Takama for their more recent dedicated help.

And a special thanks to you, Tim !!!
For all the work and money...and for your creativity, expertice, patience and for being the most fantastic cornerstone for this emormous project cheers

I hope that some more members want to become members and have 5 dollars to spare Wink
The larger and more complete the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] gets, the more important it is that it also get economically consolidated  Very Happy

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Toyanimal.info Wiki Annual Report 2015   Tue Aug 25, 2015 6:44 pm

Phantastic work cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: Toyanimal.info Wiki Annual Report 2015   Tue Aug 25, 2015 7:59 pm

Indeed, fantastic work! Very Happy
Thank you Tierman, for everything Very Happy
Nice numbers, great to see so many new animals being added.

Back to top Go down
http://night-lioness.deviantart.com/
LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Toyanimal.info Wiki Annual Report 2015   Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:59 pm

And a huge thanks to you, Tim, for keeping TAI alive cheers cheers

http://mistystarstudios.blogspot.com
Roger
Admin

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Toyanimal.info Wiki Annual Report 2015   Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:11 pm

My thanks also to you Tim! cheers
Oour Julie (tarunyada)also performed some great editions recently, she's just enjoying her holidays, I guess. Very Happy
It would be perfect to have some more active contributors, this Wiki is very useful to a lot of people and turns life much simpler to many collectors. Very Happy

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: Toyanimal.info Wiki Annual Report 2015   Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:03 am

Oour Julie (tarunyada)also performed some great editions recently, she's just enjoying her holidays, I guess. Very Happy
It would be perfect to have some more active contributors, this Wiki is very useful to a lot of people and turns life much simpler to many collectors. Very Happy

I want to help, but I am really bad with computer stuff.... scratch scratch Embarassed

Back to top Go down
http://night-lioness.deviantart.com/
Roger
Admin

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Toyanimal.info Wiki Annual Report 2015   Wed Aug 26, 2015 1:10 pm

I want to help, but I am really bad with computer stuff.... scratch scratch Embarassed

Karin, Susanne also told the same when she started and now she is one of the most advanced editors. Actually, we don't need to be experts to edit but I understand that there is always some fear of doing something wrong.
The Wiki allows us to preview all changes before saving or to undone everything whenever it is wrong. We also can give you support and monitorize your work and you can always ask me or any other editor anytime you have doubts.
You can also only upload pictures what is quite easy and then other editor adds the rest of the content.
Feel free to contact one of us or to start editing in these simpler pages, you'll find it fun. Very Happy

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Tarunyada

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Toyanimal.info Wiki Annual Report 2015   Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:05 pm

Hurray for TAi! cheers Thanks for the report and the wonderful site, Tim!

Thanks Roger, always a pleasure to add information to this wonderful site Very Happy

http://tarunyada.weebly.com/
Tiermann

Country/State : Oregon, USA

PostSubject: Re: Toyanimal.info Wiki Annual Report 2015   Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:56 pm

Yes, thank you Julie and others who have edited that I did not mention. I went off the list of people who have edited this calendar month so far and so missed people who edited last month and earlier.
We have had many people help in various ways, and I hope we have many more in the future.

Back to top Go down
http://schleich.animobil.info
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Toyanimal.info Wiki Annual Report 2015   Today at 9:32 am

Back to top Go down

Toyanimal.info Wiki Annual Report 2015
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1