Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Wilorvise's random forays into art.

Go down 
+6
Kikimalou
LeeAnn
Roger
Tarunyada
costicuba
SUSANNE
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

Wilorvise's random forays into art.  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wilorvise's random forays into art.    Wilorvise's random forays into art.  - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 04, 2015 9:13 am

Wilorvise wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Sorry I missed this cutie Sleep

What a lovely cheetah kitten  drunken Very impressive how you cought the spirit of her with a few, steady lines and dots  Applause
(Sorry, I can't express in English, I hope you know what I mean ?)

LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Wilorvise's random forays into art.    Wilorvise's random forays into art.  - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 04, 2015 11:47 pm

I missed so much! Sleep Really great work lately, you keep getting better and better! cheers

Your son did a great job, love them I love you

Wilorvise

Country/State : Colorado, USA

PostSubject: Re: Wilorvise's random forays into art.    Wilorvise's random forays into art.  - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 11, 2015 7:09 pm

Well,my son has these very cheap dinos and I asked if I could repaint one for practice.   And he was in an "I like poison dart frogs" stage. So here you are: how the ankylosaurus may have looked if it lost a bet. :). (The pink is a before example)

Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Wilorvise's random forays into art.    Wilorvise's random forays into art.  - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 11, 2015 7:27 pm

Great repaints and art pieces. Your son's repaints are especially great, imaginative and exciting. Very Happy

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Wilorvise

Wilorvise

PostSubject: Re: Wilorvise's random forays into art.    Wilorvise's random forays into art.  - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 12, 2015 6:37 pm

My daughter,  2 1/2, painted this one at the same time as the one her brother painted.

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: Wilorvise's random forays into art.    Wilorvise's random forays into art.  - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 13, 2015 1:46 am

Oh lovely, she is also very creative with the colors :)))

Wilorvise

PostSubject: Re: Wilorvise's random forays into art.    Wilorvise's random forays into art.  - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 13, 2015 1:53 am

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
Great repaints and art pieces. Your son's repaints are especially great, imaginative and exciting. Very Happy

costicuba wrote:
Oh lovely, she is also very creative with the colors :)))

Thanks. It is interesting to see them change and their interests and talents grow.

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: Wilorvise's random forays into art.    Wilorvise's random forays into art.  - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 13, 2015 2:49 am

Wilorvise wrote:

Thanks. It is interesting to see them change and their interests and talents grow.

Of course :) And pleasure for you too :)
And if you get a feeling , that they have a talent for arts, please help them with everything to develop :)
...like my mother did it with me... I love you

Wilorvise

PostSubject: Re: Wilorvise's random forays into art.    Wilorvise's random forays into art.  - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 16, 2015 4:33 pm

costicuba wrote:
Wilorvise wrote:

Of course :) And pleasure for you too :)
And if you get a feeling , that they have a talent for arts, please help them with everything to develop :)
...like my mother did it with me... I love you

Yes, a pleasure when I don't have to confiscate pens, pencils, crayons and paint because someone decides to ignore the "we only draw/paint on paper unless specifically told otherwise" rule. Wink we rent. Overall they're pretty good unless they get hyper or bored.  Excuse me as I go figure out how to clean up purple marker from my son's face....
sunny
=====

Son wanted to share:

Chikoletta & Quackers. Repaints from the Battat farm animals.

Wilorvise

PostSubject: Re: Wilorvise's random forays into art.    Wilorvise's random forays into art.  - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 17, 2015 3:42 pm

Well, it started out as a 1994  FunRise Briton? Stallion.

And it ended up as "a half horse, half zebra, half dinosaur" I'm not sure which dino.

Wilorvise

PostSubject: Re: Wilorvise's random forays into art.    Wilorvise's random forays into art.  - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 24, 2015 1:52 am

Well since the surprise is over ...
The repaints for the swap + the one we kept. The collie was part of the battat farm animals buckey set. The dinos were part of generic china multipack.  The puma kitten was the bullyland snow leopard cub...

A.R.Garcia

Country/State : ND/MN, USA

PostSubject: Re: Wilorvise's random forays into art.    Wilorvise's random forays into art.  - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 31, 2015 9:47 pm

I had missed this topic before. It appears Cheetah has a pen pal. It's nice to see the before and after, and all the other artworks, too.

Wilorvise

PostSubject: Re: Wilorvise's random forays into art.    Wilorvise's random forays into art.  - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 02, 2015 10:17 pm

Well, the kids are a bit under the weather and it's a dreary day, so I decided to do a quick (and low quality) repaint.  My son decided that we could repaint the penguin. As flash.  A few negotiations later, here's the before and after:

Before:

AFTER (please welcome Flash the Penguin.)

Wilorvise

PostSubject: Re: Wilorvise's random forays into art.    Wilorvise's random forays into art.  - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 06, 2016 5:08 pm

I lose patience too soon. And... Apparently I should have checked them out a little better before choosing the slightly older vintage, but hey, these things happen.

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Wilorvise's random forays into art.    Wilorvise's random forays into art.  - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 06, 2016 10:55 pm

WONDERFUL work, Laura cheers cheers

Wilorvise

Wilorvise

PostSubject: Re: Wilorvise's random forays into art.    Wilorvise's random forays into art.  - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 04, 2016 11:30 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
WONDERFUL work, Laura cheers cheers

Aww, thank you, Susanne. This forum is so wonderfully supportive. :)

----

So, after an animated discussion I had with a few people revolving around the Finding Dory movie and how there's always an increase in certain exotic creatures, such as fish, after a movie's release... and how Tangs aren't the easiest fish to keep... and someone lost their Tang.

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Wilorvise's random forays into art.    Wilorvise's random forays into art.  - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 05, 2016 10:54 am

A beautyful fish !!! Laura you can something extraordinary with colours cheers

Wilorvise

Wilorvise

PostSubject: Re: Wilorvise's random forays into art.    Wilorvise's random forays into art.  - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 05, 2016 2:37 pm

Thanks Susanne. :)

Bowhead Whale

Country/State : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Wilorvise's random forays into art.    Wilorvise's random forays into art.  - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 11, 2016 10:06 pm

Wilorvise wrote:
Back when I was in highschool, I thought " wouldn't it be cool to carve my own chess set?" Apparently I should have done a bit more research into it. I thought "balsa wood is soft wood, it should be easy to carve!"yeah, no... It kinda is brittle.

But I forged thru, and today when going through stuff in story I found the pieces. Half glued together from when i was carving them. I thought you might get a laugh out of them.
White:

Black:

Those chess pièces are not bad at all! Especially when you realize how hard it is to sculpt détails in a matter as rough as balsa wood. Actually, those little sculptures remind me of ruins of early Middle Age castles in miniature. What if you created your own chess board from a simple wooden board you paint yourself? The squares might be in two shades of green, recreating european fields where the pices will be moved, what do you think? Just an idea, actually.
Back to top Go down
Wilorvise

Wilorvise

PostSubject: Re: Wilorvise's random forays into art.    Wilorvise's random forays into art.  - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 11, 2016 10:15 pm

Bowhead Whale wrote:

Those chess pièces are not bad at all! Especially when you realize how hard it is to sculpt détails in a matter as rough as balsa wood. Actually, those little sculptures remind me of ruins of early Middle Age castles in miniature. What if you created your own chess board from a simple wooden board you paint yourself? The squares might be in two shades of green, recreating european fields where the pices will be moved, what do you think? Just an idea, actually.

Thanks.

Well, if I ever get bored enough to dig them out, I might try your idea. :) It's got to look better than the board of natural wood vs. black permanent marker, right?

Bowhead Whale

Country/State : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Wilorvise's random forays into art.    Wilorvise's random forays into art.  - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 13, 2016 9:53 pm

Wilorvise wrote:
Bowhead Whale wrote:

Thanks.

Well, if I ever get bored enough to dig them out, I might try your idea. :)  It's got to look better than the board of natural wood vs. black permanent marker, right?

Right. Another idea: green squares and "grey brick wall" squares. You paint squares in green and the other ones, you paint them to make them look like walls of grey bricks, like ruins.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wilorvise's random forays into art.    Wilorvise's random forays into art.  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Wilorvise's random forays into art.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2