Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

when does science and nature start animals of australia line started including the new zealand animal collection

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Dinosaurboy19988@yahoo.co

Country/State : Florida United States

when does science and nature start animals of australia line started including the new zealand animal collection Empty
PostSubject: when does science and nature start animals of australia line started including the new zealand animal collection   when does science and nature start animals of australia line started including the new zealand animal collection EmptyWed Sep 02, 2015 2:16 am

can anybody know what year does science and nature start the animals of australia line including SSS's new zealand animal collection?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

when does science and nature start animals of australia line started including the new zealand animal collection Empty
PostSubject: Re: when does science and nature start animals of australia line started including the new zealand animal collection   when does science and nature start animals of australia line started including the new zealand animal collection EmptyWed Sep 02, 2015 3:48 am

Welcome here :)

Look here :)
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: when does science and nature start animals of australia line started including the new zealand animal collection   when does science and nature start animals of australia line started including the new zealand animal collection EmptyWed Sep 02, 2015 10:32 am

Andreas gave you the link to the Australian company called Science & Nature that owns the brand and collection called Animals of Australia.
New Zealand Wildlife Collection is a different series from a NZ company called Stewart Sales and Services that you can see here! :)
During a long time, we collectors mixed them, it was very hard to find info about these figures and I thought they were two collections of Science & Nature and they're not.

Wilorvise

Country/State : Colorado, USA

PostSubject: Re: when does science and nature start animals of australia line started including the new zealand animal collection   when does science and nature start animals of australia line started including the new zealand animal collection EmptyWed Sep 02, 2015 10:36 am

But S&N does have an agreement to distribute SSS's NZWC in Australia, I believe, doesn't it?

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: when does science and nature start animals of australia line started including the new zealand animal collection   when does science and nature start animals of australia line started including the new zealand animal collection EmptyWed Sep 02, 2015 10:54 am

Wilorvise wrote:
But S&N does have an agreement to distribute SSS's NZWC in Australia, I believe, doesn't it?

Probably. The conversation about the misterious yellow-eyed penguin made me also think of it or that probably they tried it.

MiniZoo wrote:
The Yellow Eyed Penguin was actually a very old figure that S&N found in their warehouse and passed on to us late last year. Unfortunately all sold out now Sad

jarda wrote:
I asked at S+N for the old penguin (found by Kiki) and the camel (announced by Oliver Zell e-shop in the past) figures.
The company answered me:
[i]...The Yellow eyed penguin was made originally by a New Zealand company and it is no longer available. We happened to have had some items that we were test marketing in Australia and provided these to Jason at Mini Zoo.

Apparently, I'll receive one of these penguins from a kind NZ member and I'll confirm if it is a SSS then. So, if it is, no doubts there was some connection at a certain stage. Very Happy

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: when does science and nature start animals of australia line started including the new zealand animal collection   when does science and nature start animals of australia line started including the new zealand animal collection EmptyWed Sep 02, 2015 6:05 pm

Hello, Dinosaurboy19988, and wellcome here Very Happy

A great topic for an discussion/overview Wink

Wilorvise

Wilorvise

Country/State : Colorado, USA

PostSubject: Re: when does science and nature start animals of australia line started including the new zealand animal collection   when does science and nature start animals of australia line started including the new zealand animal collection EmptyWed Sep 02, 2015 11:52 pm

Okay, well...after hours of trying for keywords... And for all that can be said about ease of spelling and easy to remember, SSS, New Zealand Wildlife Collection, Science and Nature, Animals of Australia, figure, model, replica, weta, kiwi, tuatara, and pukeko, among others are not particularly great at finding more specific info.  Too many outliers.

SSS has been operating since 1977. They do import various toys such as Safari Ltd, however I am unable to find further info beyond current catalogue online. A member of this forum bought a pukeko as early as 2010 and the collection of New Zealand Wildlife Collection is exclusively produced for them in china. But there are no dates listed on the tags or the figures themselves to my knowledge. I only have two of them.

Other than a debate on the animal toy forum which was inconclusive, this is the only place I found info beyond their basic site.

It might come down to Roger's elusive penguin or emailing either firm.

As for S&N, there seem to be two distribution divisions. Science and Nature Pty Ltd in Australia est. 1994 and Science and Nature Ltd in New Zealand.  Online there are catalogues back to 2012 (well, 2011 if you count this. They have their own kiwi figure, but establishing when they started the Animals of Australia replicas is a bit beyond my current keyword searches.  No date is listed on those either that I could find. I however do not have the larger figures.

Apologies, according to au.LinkedIn.com  S&N's owner Nigel Kirby has been

Owner of Science and Nature Pty Ltd (Australia) since 1995
Owner of Science and Nature Ltd (New Zealand) since 2008

though later on, under experience, it says:

Independent Business Owner
Science and Nature Pty Ltd
June 1996 – Present (19 years 4 months)

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: when does science and nature start animals of australia line started including the new zealand animal collection   when does science and nature start animals of australia line started including the new zealand animal collection EmptyWed Sep 09, 2015 6:19 am

Wilorvise wrote:
Okay, well...after hours of trying for keywords... And for all that can be said about ease of spelling and easy to remember, SSS, New Zealand Wildlife Collection, Science and Nature, Animals of Australia, figure, model, replica, weta, kiwi, tuatara, and pukeko, among others are not particularly great at finding more specific info.  Too many outliers.

SSS has been operating since 1977. They do import various toys such as Safari Ltd, however I am unable to find further info beyond current catalogue online. A member of this forum bought a pukeko as early as 2010 and the collection of New Zealand Wildlife Collection is exclusively produced for them in china. But there are no dates listed on the tags or the figures themselves to my knowledge. I only have two of them.

Other than a debate on the animal toy forum which was inconclusive, this is the only place I found info beyond their basic site.

It might come down to Roger's elusive penguin or emailing either firm.

As for S&N, there seem to be two distribution divisions. Science and Nature Pty Ltd in Australia est. 1994 and Science and Nature Ltd in New Zealand.  Online there are catalogues back to 2012 (well, 2011 if you count this. They have their own kiwi figure, but establishing when they started the Animals of Australia replicas is a bit beyond my current keyword searches.  No date is listed on those either that I could find. I however do not have the larger figures.

Apologies, according to au.LinkedIn.com  S&N's owner Nigel Kirby has been

Owner of Science and Nature Pty Ltd (Australia) since 1995
Owner of Science and Nature Ltd (New Zealand) since 2008

though later on, under experience, it says:

Independent Business Owner
Science and Nature Pty Ltd
June 1996 – Present (19 years 4 months)

Laura, that's a great research. I'll keep all this info for future reference. Thanks! cheers

PostSubject: Re: when does science and nature start animals of australia line started including the new zealand animal collection   when does science and nature start animals of australia line started including the new zealand animal collection Empty

Back to top Go down

when does science and nature start animals of australia line started including the new zealand animal collection
Page 1 of 1