Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Tarunyada's Sirenia Collection

Go down 
+12
Roger
widukind
jarda
LeeAnn
sbell
Kikimalou
Ana
NightLioness
SUSANNE
Saien
Wilorvise
weaselfan93
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Tarunyada

Tarunyada

Country/State : The Netherlands

Tarunyada's Sirenia Collection Empty
PostSubject: Tarunyada's Sirenia Collection   Tarunyada's Sirenia Collection EmptyMon Sep 07, 2015 5:33 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Hello and welcome to my Sirenia collection <3

What are Sirenia?
Sirenia are best known as sea cows. Once there were many, now only a few species still exist. There are the dugong, West Indian manatee (with subspecies Antillean and Florida manatee), African manatee and Amazonian manatee. There is also some discussion about another species of manatee, the dwarf manatee. The best known extinct Sirenia is the Steller's sea cow, which is gone since 1768. Do you want to know more about Sirenia? You can find information here.

Why do I collect Sirenia?
Good question. Answer: I don't know. I find sea cows very intriguing and somewhat mysterious animals. It's somehow comforting to see these huge clumsy bodies slide through the water. I don't know, I just really like these friendly animals.

Which Sirenia do I have?
You'll find all the Sirenia figurines in my collection below. I write as much information down as I have from these figurines. Do you know more about an individual or several figurines? Please let me know!

Which Sirenia do I still need?
Actually all Sirenia that aren't pictured below. I have a search list, which you can find [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. Do you know a figurine that isn't listed below but which you can't find in my search list either? Congratulations, you've just discovered a Sirenia figurine I'm not aware of! Will you please let me know?

You have a spare Sirenian from my wishlist
Do you? I would love to adopt it, so it can be part of my Sirenian family! Please send me a PM and I'll try to reply as soon as possible.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AAA
Dugong
from Philipp

Manatee (Yolanda)
from Roger

Manatee miniature (Yolanda)
from Roger

Albert Heijn WWF
Steller's sea cow | Extinct Animals Series | 2004

Animal Planet
Manatee | Mini Kingdom Set 3

Bandaï
Dugong | Animal Kaiser, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
from Sean

Bullyland
Manatee | Large Whales and Sharks, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | 2003-2007
from Beatrice

Manatee calf | Large Whales and Sharks, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | 1994-2004

Club Earth
Steller's sea cow | Exctinct Animals
from Lance

CollectA
Manatee | Sea Life Collection, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | 2010-
from Karin

Manatee calf swimming | Sea Life Collection, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | 2010-

Manatee calf sitting | Sea Life Collection, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | 2010-

Dugong | Sea Life Collection, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]| 2016-
from Karin

Manatee | Mini Sea Animals Set 1, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | 2017-
from Karin

Dugong | Mini Sea Animals Set 2, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | 2017-
from Karin

Colorata
Dugong | Marine Mammals, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | 2004

Manatee | Marine Mammals, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | 2004
through Karin from sauroid

Eikoh
Dugong | Miniature Planet Volume 10, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | 2016
from Karin

Happy Kin Toys
Manatee | Deep Sea Set, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
from Roger

Joy City Ltd.
Manatee calf | Sea Life Tube, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
through Karin from Kevin

Kaiyodo
Dugong | Furuta Chocoegg Series 5 | 2000/2001
from Attila

Dugong | CapsuleQ Okinawa | 2013

Dugong | Aqualand, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | 1990s
from Sean

K&M International
Manatee baby | Tropical Animals Tube, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
from Andreas

Manatee family | Eco Domes, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
from Fallon

Manatee | Sea Animals Mini
from Beatrice

Learning Resources
Manatee | Jumbo Endangered Animals, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | 2010s

Marvel Education Co.
Manatee | Sea Animals, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
from Lance

Papo
Manatee | Aquatic Animals, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | 2014-

Ricolino
Manatee | Marine Mammals, 2000s

Safari Ltd
Manatee | Wild Safari Sealife, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | 1996-
from my mother

Manatee calf | Wild Safari Sealife, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | 1997-2009
from Lance

Manatee calf | Baby Sea Life TOOB, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Manatee | Good Luck Minis, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

SeaWorld
Manatee | SeaWorld Orlando USA, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Manatee calf | SeaWorld Orlando USA, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Takara Tomy
Steller's sea cow | Eternal Lost Breeds/Extinct Animal | 2016
from Karin

Toy Major
Dugong | Dairy Queen, NWF | 1999
from Fallon

Yowie
Dugong | UK Series 1, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
from Taylor

Florida manatee | All American Collection, 2016
through Karin from Kevin

Manatee | UK Series 2, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
from Philipp

Dugong | Yowies Series 2 | 1998
from Susanne

Steller's sea cow | Forgotten Friends Series A, AUS 29
from Beatrice

UNKNOWN
Manatee | Marvel Education Co. copy?
from Andreas

Manatee | China; AAA copy

image coming soon
Manatee calf | China; AAA copy

image coming soon
Steller's sea cow | Wing Mau?, bouncing ball
from Karin

OTHER
image coming soon
Manatee | Manatea infuser
from my mother

HAND MADE
image coming soon
Manatee | by Lance

image coming soon
Manatee | by LeeAnn

count: 53

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Expected..
* Joy City Ltd. | Manatee calf | Sea Life Tube, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
* Yowie | Florida manatee | All American Collection, 2016

Thanks for stopping by >[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by Tarunyada on Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:53 pm; edited 27 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://tarunyada.weebly.com/
weaselfan93

weaselfan93

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Tarunyada's Sirenia Collection   Tarunyada's Sirenia Collection EmptyMon Sep 07, 2015 5:38 pm

that's an impressive start to a sirenia collection. I hope you find and collect all of them and I plan to help you find more of them in the future. Very Happy the papo manatee looks identical to the Schleich. I hope the Safari ltd calf reaches you very soon. Very Happy

Lance - Safari ltd wildlife collector  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Tarunyada

Tarunyada

PostSubject: Re: Tarunyada's Sirenia Collection   Tarunyada's Sirenia Collection EmptyMon Sep 07, 2015 5:41 pm

weaselfan93 wrote:
that's an impressive start to a sirenia collection. I hope you find and collect all of them and I plan to help you find more of them in the future. Very Happy the papo manatee looks identical to the Schleich. I hope the Safari ltd calf reaches you very soon. Very Happy

Thank you very much, Lance Very Happy I hope so too, but not too fast - otherwise there wouldn't be any figurines left to be collected!
The Papo manatee is actually the exact model that Schleich-S and Maia & Borges used. Susanne made a nice comparison of them once, which you can find [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].
And I'm really looking forward on receiving your Safari Ltd manatee calf; it's so sad that mother and baby are seperated now!

Back to top Go down
Wilorvise

Wilorvise

Country/State : Colorado, USA

PostSubject: Re: Tarunyada's Sirenia Collection   Tarunyada's Sirenia Collection EmptyMon Sep 07, 2015 5:59 pm

You have a lovely and informative collection

Tarunyada

PostSubject: Re: Tarunyada's Sirenia Collection   Tarunyada's Sirenia Collection EmptyMon Sep 07, 2015 6:05 pm

Wilorvise wrote:
You have a lovely and informative collection

Thanks, Laura Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Saien

Saien

Country/State : Slovakia

PostSubject: Re: Tarunyada's Sirenia Collection   Tarunyada's Sirenia Collection EmptyMon Sep 07, 2015 6:26 pm

Very nice collection, Julie cheers The sea cows are really interesting and mysterious animals. I don´t have any yet, but watching yours, I decided to buy some to my collection in the near future Wink

Tarunyada

PostSubject: Re: Tarunyada's Sirenia Collection   Tarunyada's Sirenia Collection EmptyMon Sep 07, 2015 6:33 pm

Saien wrote:
Very nice collection, Julie cheers  The sea cows are really interesting and mysterious animals. I don´t have any yet, but watching yours, I decided to buy some to my collection in the near future Wink  

Thank you very much, Andrea Very Happy And that's great to hear! I'm looking forward to see any Sirenia you'll add to your collection in the future!

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Tarunyada's Sirenia Collection   Tarunyada's Sirenia Collection EmptyMon Sep 07, 2015 6:41 pm

What a wonderful animal to collect cheers

They are beautyful, almost fairy-like, and to me they look very gentle Very Happy
I am delighted to see your collection, and hope that we can find mode for you.

But except for the expensive and/or rare Japanese one(s), which I don't have, I can only think of this cutie  http://toyanimal.info//index.php?title=Happy_Kin_Toys_Deep_Sea_set_no.9727 from Happy Kin Toys.
I will not give this one away, because Roger gave it to me, and I love it very much  Wink
But perhaps somebody else can find one ? Here in Denmark the choice is extremely limited. Rolling Eyes

Tarunyada

Tarunyada

PostSubject: Re: Tarunyada's Sirenia Collection   Tarunyada's Sirenia Collection EmptyMon Sep 07, 2015 6:51 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
What a wonderful animal to collect cheers

They are beautyful, almost fairy-like, and to me they look very gentle Very Happy
I am delighted to see your collection, and hope that we can find mode for you.

But except for the expensive and/or rare Japanese one(s), which I don't have, I can only think of this cutie  http://toyanimal.info//index.php?title=Happy_Kin_Toys_Deep_Sea_set_no.9727 from Happy Kin Toys.
I will not give this one away, because Roger gave it to me, and I love it very much  Wink
But perhaps somebody else can find one ? Here in Denmark the choice is extremely limited. Rolling Eyes

Thank you, Susanne! cheers

Yes, Sirenia are very magical animals for sure. And so strange to know that they are so close related to elephants! Shocked
The manatee from Happy Kin Toys sure is a cute figurine! cheers I understand that you don't want to give it away, and you shouldn't! But I'm very lucky: Roger found one for me as well, besides an AAA manatee! Very Happy
And of course I still need the three manatees from CollectA, but they're still available at MPV. I sure will get them the next time I place an order there.

But thanks for thinking with me; it's very much appreciated!

Back to top Go down
NightLioness
NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: Tarunyada's Sirenia Collection   Tarunyada's Sirenia Collection EmptyMon Sep 07, 2015 7:13 pm

This is just fantastic! Very Happy Your layout is, as always, incredible clean and nice to read and to look at.
Hope you find many, many more mysterious Sirenias to complete your collection Very Happy

Tarunyada

PostSubject: Re: Tarunyada's Sirenia Collection   Tarunyada's Sirenia Collection EmptyMon Sep 07, 2015 7:20 pm

NightLioness wrote:
This is just fantastic! Very Happy Your layout is, as always, incredible clean and nice to read and to look at.
Hope you find many, many more mysterious Sirenias to complete your collection Very Happy

Thank you very much, Karin! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
And I hope so as well! I'll try to update this topic as soon as possible whenever I get my hands on a new Sirenia figurine Smile

Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Tarunyada's Sirenia Collection   Tarunyada's Sirenia Collection EmptyMon Sep 07, 2015 9:11 pm

Great collection Julie! cheers I think manatees and dugnogs are amazing! Very Happy
I read you are going to get CollectA manatees, I think they are really great, adult one is one of my favourite animal models ever. Smile

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Tarunyada's Sirenia Collection   Tarunyada's Sirenia Collection EmptyMon Sep 07, 2015 9:24 pm

Very nice topic, very clear and nice pics. thank you Julie Very Happy

There are a few more Sirenian models I know if it could help you:

Takara Tommy Dugong and calf.
Kitan Club Toba Aquarium Dugong
Colorata Marine Mammals 2004 Manatee
Kaiyodo "Natural Monuments of Japan" Dugong
Furuta Chocoegg series 5 Dugong
Kaiyodo Toba aquarium American manatee
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Tarunyada's Sirenia Collection   Tarunyada's Sirenia Collection EmptyMon Sep 07, 2015 9:25 pm

Tarunyada wrote:

The manatee from Happy Kin Toys sure is a cute figurine! cheers I understand that you don't want to give it away, and you shouldn't! But I'm very lucky: Roger found one for me as well, besides an AAA manatee! Very Happy...

HURRAAAYY for Roger cheers Applause

Tarunyada

Tarunyada

PostSubject: Re: Tarunyada's Sirenia Collection   Tarunyada's Sirenia Collection EmptyMon Sep 07, 2015 9:32 pm

Ana wrote:
Great collection Julie! cheers I think manatees and dugnogs are amazing! Very Happy
I read you are going to get CollectA manatees, I think they are really great, adult one is one of my favourite animal models ever. Smile

Thank you very much, Ana Very Happy Yes, they are indeed!
And thanks for the tip as well! CollectA is a brand I'm really interested in at the moment. They have such beautiful animal figurines for quite good prices. I still need to discover some more shops selling this wonderful brand, but of course, there's always MPV!

Kikimalou wrote:

Thank you very much, Christophe! I think these are all on my search list, but I'll check them for sure!

SUSANNE wrote:
Tarunyada wrote:

The manatee from Happy Kin Toys sure is a cute figurine! cheers I understand that you don't want to give it away, and you shouldn't! But I'm very lucky: Roger found one for me as well, besides an AAA manatee! Very Happy...

HURRAAAYY for Roger cheers Applause

cheers sunny flower

Back to top Go down
sbell

sbell

Country/State : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Tarunyada's Sirenia Collection   Tarunyada's Sirenia Collection EmptyMon Sep 07, 2015 10:51 pm

Kikimalou wrote:

There are a couple beyond even that!

Animal Kaiser dugong:

There is also a Kaiyodo Aqualand Dugong:
Sadly, it came as part of a random lot of Japanese figures, and was missing it's base and one tall fluke.

I'm also a big freshwater fish-figure fan. Know of anything new and exciting? I need to know as well!
Back to top Go down
http://faunafigures.com/
Tarunyada

Tarunyada

PostSubject: Re: Tarunyada's Sirenia Collection   Tarunyada's Sirenia Collection EmptyMon Sep 07, 2015 10:55 pm

Sean, thanks a lot for showing me these two Sirenia - it's so great to find new figurines for my wishlist! cheers I'll add them immediately.

Back to top Go down
sbell

sbell

PostSubject: Re: Tarunyada's Sirenia Collection   Tarunyada's Sirenia Collection EmptyMon Sep 07, 2015 11:12 pm

Tarunyada wrote:
Sean, thanks a lot for showing me these two Sirenia - it's so great to find new figurines for my wishlist! cheers I'll add them immediately.

I do what I can. If I'm ever sending anything your way I'll throw in at least the AK model. Probably the Aqualand too (it's broken, but I don't need it, and they can be nearly impossible to find, and expensive when you do!).

I'm also a big freshwater fish-figure fan. Know of anything new and exciting? I need to know as well!
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Tarunyada's Sirenia Collection   Tarunyada's Sirenia Collection EmptyMon Sep 07, 2015 11:45 pm

Beautiful collection Julie, congratulations! Very Happy

Tarunyada

PostSubject: Re: Tarunyada's Sirenia Collection   Tarunyada's Sirenia Collection EmptyTue Sep 08, 2015 12:12 am

sbell wrote:
Tarunyada wrote:

I do what I can. If I'm ever sending anything your way I'll throw in at least the AK model. Probably the Aqualand too (it's broken, but I don't need it, and they can be nearly impossible to find, and expensive when you do!).

That would be great, thanks, Sean! Just let me know if there's any figurine you're looking for (besides the Yujin carp; I don't think I'll be able to find that one..) Wink

LeeAnn wrote:
Beautiful collection Julie, congratulations! Very Happy

Thank you, LeeAnn ^^

Back to top Go down
jarda

jarda

Country/State : Česká republika

PostSubject: Re: Tarunyada's Sirenia Collection   Tarunyada's Sirenia Collection EmptyTue Sep 08, 2015 7:05 am

Julie, there is one another rare manatee NWF figure from 1999 (unfortunately incomplete - with no base, probably from the last plastic set released by NWF, on the belly "1999 NWF China"):

Back to top Go down
Tarunyada

Tarunyada

PostSubject: Re: Tarunyada's Sirenia Collection   Tarunyada's Sirenia Collection EmptyTue Sep 08, 2015 10:37 am

jarda wrote:
Julie, there is one another rare manatee NWF figure from 1999 (unfortunately incomplete - with no base, probably from the last plastic set released by NWF, on the belly "1999 NWF China"):

Oooh, what a beautiful manatee! Shocked Thank you so much for letting me know, Jarda! cheers What a lovely series, by the way, these NWF figurines; I also fell in love with that wolverine.. I love you

Thank you!!

Back to top Go down
sbell

sbell

PostSubject: Re: Tarunyada's Sirenia Collection   Tarunyada's Sirenia Collection EmptyTue Sep 08, 2015 2:36 pm

Tarunyada wrote:
jarda wrote:

Oooh, what a beautiful manatee! Shocked Thank you so much for letting me know, Jarda! cheers What a lovely series, by the way, these NWF figurines; I also fell in love with that wolverine.. I love you

Thank you!!

Those NWF models keep popping up!

And no problem Julie--I will see if there's anything I have been looking for (the list has grown pretty short though...)

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Tarunyada's Sirenia Collection   Tarunyada's Sirenia Collection EmptyWed Sep 09, 2015 6:10 pm

i am glad I've found this wonderful topic during a boring 5 hours trip. Sleep your collection looks already fantastic although I Need to check it better this week end when  back to my home amd pc. Very Happy well, I know another manatee missing im your collection amd I know where to find it. It is just next to the AAA manatee at my home. :-) it is the small version that fortunately is not an exact miniature of the larger. I also figured that my collection deserve some sirenia amd I hope I can get these Colorata someday. bounce

Tarunyada

PostSubject: Re: Tarunyada's Sirenia Collection   Tarunyada's Sirenia Collection EmptyWed Sep 09, 2015 6:15 pm

sbell wrote:
Those NWF models keep popping up!

Yes they do; such a pity they're that hard to get!

Roger wrote:
i am glad I've found this wonderful topic during a boring 5 hours trip. Sleep your collection looks already fantastic although I Need to check it better this week end when  back to my home amd pc. Very Happy well, I know another manatee missing im your collection amd I know where to find it. It is just next to the AAA manatee at my home. :-) it is the small version that fortunately is not an exact miniature of the larger. I also figured that my collection deserve some sirenia amd I hope I can get these Colorata someday. bounce

I'm glad my topic could bring some joy to your boring trip! cheers Oooh I can't wait to see them!! Very Happy And it's great you want to add some Sirenia to your collection as well!
Well, have a save journey!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tarunyada's Sirenia Collection   Tarunyada's Sirenia Collection Empty

Back to top Go down

Tarunyada's Sirenia Collection
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next