Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Vintage Japanese Figurines

Go down 
+4
costicuba
smallscaleworld
SUSANNE
Tarunyada
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Tarunyada

Tarunyada

Country/State : The Netherlands

3 - Vintage Japanese Figurines Empty
PostSubject: Vintage Japanese Figurines   3 - Vintage Japanese Figurines EmptySat Sep 12, 2015 10:02 pm

Earlier this year a acquired a vintage Japanese horse from a flea market, which I donated to Susanne now. I actually have no idea what it is, but I do like to know Very Happy So here's the little horse:

3 - Vintage Japanese Figurines IMG_5786_small_zpscm9whuby

3 - Vintage Japanese Figurines JulieGiftsHorse_zpsqfstzcoe
Susanne's photo shows that it's marked with 'Japan 4'

I also found a black variation of the horse and a black Schnauzer on a Dutch auction site:

3 - Vintage Japanese Figurines $_85

3 - Vintage Japanese Figurines $_85
The photo from the seller shows that this horse is marked with 'Japan 2'

After a bit of search work I also found a white variation on eBay:

3 - Vintage Japanese Figurines $(KGrHqFHJC8E92QdB,1yBPeKUbq8zg~~60_57

Unfortunately this is the only picture of the white horse, so I don't know if there's another number marked on this one as well. The seller states:

White Horse Seller wrote:
Vintage Miniature White Horse in Rubber-Like Vinyl.  Manufacturer is unknown.  it is marked Made in Japan which would probably date it from late 1940s to 1950s.  Vinyl has some soiling with some red light red staining. Stands about 1-1/4" or 45mm at the head.

Okay, so 3 different horses and one dog so far. Does anyone has these or other figurines? Or does anyone know more about them?

Back to top Go down
http://tarunyada.weebly.com/
Tarunyada

Tarunyada

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Japanese Figurines   3 - Vintage Japanese Figurines EmptySat Sep 12, 2015 10:25 pm

I found another brown horse (here) and two more black ones (here and here) on eBay, but nothing new. I'll continue my search tomorrow 3 - Vintage Japanese Figurines Tired

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Japanese Figurines   3 - Vintage Japanese Figurines EmptySat Sep 12, 2015 10:54 pm

Amazing that you can find so many !!! I have never seen them before Shocked

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Japanese Figurines   3 - Vintage Japanese Figurines EmptySat Sep 12, 2015 11:10 pm

Julie, your passion is incredible! Also, you are a fantastic researcher. This kind of work is very interesting and maybe it is just the tip of the iceberg. I think the best way is to ask these sellers. It won't be hard for them to tell which number is marked in these figures. I hope you or someone can find more information. Very Happy

Tarunyada

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Japanese Figurines   3 - Vintage Japanese Figurines EmptySun Sep 13, 2015 1:54 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
Amazing that you can find so many !!! I have never seen them before Shocked

3 - Vintage Japanese Figurines Joy

Roger wrote:
Julie, your passion is incredible! Also, you are a fantastic researcher. This kind of work is very interesting and maybe it is just the tip of the iceberg. I think the best way is to ask these sellers. It won't be hard for them to tell which number is marked in these figures. I hope you or someone can find more information. Very Happy

Thank you, Roger! It's so great to find things out like this bounce Very Happy I contacted all the eBay sellers and I'll post any replies in this topic Very Happy

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Japanese Figurines   3 - Vintage Japanese Figurines EmptySun Sep 13, 2015 6:54 pm

Great catch and very very interesting to see old japanese stuff :)

STS members can merge Very Happy

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Japanese Figurines   3 - Vintage Japanese Figurines EmptySun Sep 13, 2015 7:09 pm

Tarunyada wrote:

3 - Vintage Japanese Figurines Joy

Roger wrote:

Thank you, Roger! It's so great to find things out like this bounce Very Happy I contacted all the eBay sellers and I'll post any replies in this topic Very Happy

cheers cheers cheers

Tarunyada

Tarunyada

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Japanese Figurines   3 - Vintage Japanese Figurines EmptySun Sep 13, 2015 7:10 pm

widukind wrote:
Great catch and very very interesting to see old japanese stuff :)

I really hope we can find some more information about them Smile

I just had a reply from an eBay seller from one of the black horses. She wrote the following:

eBay seller wrote:
The only marking I'm finding is the Japan on the black one.

The black horse from the Dutch auction site was marked 'JAPAN 4'. I had hoped that all different colours would have been marked with the same number, so the brown one with 2, the black one with 4, etc. But it seems that this isn't the case. Now I'm really curious about the numbers on the other horses scratch

Back to top Go down
Tarunyada

Tarunyada

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Japanese Figurines   3 - Vintage Japanese Figurines EmptyMon Sep 14, 2015 10:06 am

I have another reply, this time from the seller of the white horse. He/she writes:

eBay seller wrote:
This one says Japan 1. I suspect it may be a mold number. it is not uncommon to number the various cavities in a mold.

So this is promising again Very Happy Now we have:

1. white horse
2. black horse
4. brown horse

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Japanese Figurines   3 - Vintage Japanese Figurines EmptyMon Sep 14, 2015 2:38 pm

Julie, the super detective cheers

Tarunyada

Tarunyada

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Japanese Figurines   3 - Vintage Japanese Figurines EmptyMon Sep 14, 2015 5:24 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
Julie, the super detective cheers

cheers

I have another reply from an eBay seller from a brown horse. He says:

eBay seller wrote:
Mine says Japan 3, I hope that helps.

I had hoped that every colour variation had its own number, so we knew there are at least 4 different colour variations. But now it seems more like it are just mold numbers. I have so far:

1. white horse
2. black horse
3. brown horse
4. brown horse
x. black horse

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Japanese Figurines   3 - Vintage Japanese Figurines EmptyMon Sep 14, 2015 9:00 pm

Are both brown horses identical? Maybe not. scratch
Whatever it means, it is interesting. :)

Tarunyada

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Japanese Figurines   3 - Vintage Japanese Figurines EmptyMon Sep 14, 2015 9:05 pm

Roger wrote:
Are both brown horses identical? Maybe not. scratch
Whatever it means, it is interesting. :)

This is the brown horse #3:

3 - Vintage Japanese Figurines $_12

It looks quite the same as Susanne's brown horse, but it's hard to say because of the different lighting on both photographs Wink
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Japanese Figurines   3 - Vintage Japanese Figurines EmptyMon Sep 14, 2015 10:05 pm

Yes, it will be hard to tell. scratch

Tarunyada

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Japanese Figurines   3 - Vintage Japanese Figurines EmptyMon Sep 14, 2015 10:09 pm

Roger wrote:
Yes, it will be hard to tell. scratch

I guess I just have to keep searching for them on eBay and ask sellers about the markings, until someone finds out what brand they are Laughing All the vintage Japanese brands I can find, produced tin toys, but not rubber/vinyl toys scratch

Back to top Go down
smallscaleworld

smallscaleworld

Country/State : Hampshire, UK

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Japanese Figurines   3 - Vintage Japanese Figurines EmptyTue Sep 15, 2015 12:41 am

Although there's no apparent sign of it...they all look as if they might have been flocked, or designed for/meant to be flocked at some point? Are they solids of blow-mouldings?

eBay - smallscaleworld
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Japanese Figurines   3 - Vintage Japanese Figurines EmptyTue Sep 15, 2015 9:21 am

smallscaleworld wrote:
Although there's no apparent sign of it...they all look as if they might have been flocked, or designed for/meant to be flocked at some point? Are they solids of blow-mouldings?

I don'øt think they have. They are rather soft, solid rubbery plastic, - I am not sure flocking would attach well scratch

smallscaleworld

smallscaleworld

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Japanese Figurines   3 - Vintage Japanese Figurines EmptyTue Sep 15, 2015 7:15 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
smallscaleworld wrote:

I don'øt think they have. They are rather soft, solid rubbery plastic, - I am not sure flocking would attach well scratch

No...it's usually blow-moulds for some reason! But they looked like it!

eBay - smallscaleworld
Back to top Go down
incha

incha

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Japanese Figurines   3 - Vintage Japanese Figurines EmptyMon Oct 26, 2015 7:51 pm

A few more, I doubt they're of the same series. Unfortunately I don't have much information.

3 - Vintage Japanese Figurines Celulo10

3 - Vintage Japanese Figurines Celulo11

3 - Vintage Japanese Figurines Celulo12

3 - Vintage Japanese Figurines Celulo13

My blog: http://animalesdejuguete.blogspot.com.es/
Back to top Go down
http://animalesdejuguete.blogspot.com.es/
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Japanese Figurines   3 - Vintage Japanese Figurines EmptyMon Oct 26, 2015 8:58 pm

They are SO cute cheers
I love the naivist style, - arrrhw, look at that tiger cheers
And the little dog Very Happy Very Happy
Funny how the lion's face reminds me of a traditional paper-dragon, - wonderful Wink

smallscaleworld

smallscaleworld

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Japanese Figurines   3 - Vintage Japanese Figurines EmptyTue Oct 27, 2015 3:11 am

incha wrote:
A few more, I doubt they're of the same series. Unfortunately I don't have much information.

These look like blow-moulded celluloid figurines Incha? Hollow and very lightweight?

eBay - smallscaleworld
Back to top Go down
costicuba

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Japanese Figurines   3 - Vintage Japanese Figurines EmptyTue Oct 27, 2015 3:22 am

Haha, wow, these models definitely have a style  cheers
Japanese..vintage...but for shure unique  Very Happy
SUSANNE wrote:

I love the naivist style, - arrrhw, look at that tiger cheers
Haha, this tiger is the craziest rock star afro ... with exactly 4 strips .. scratch .. lol!

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Japanese Figurines   3 - Vintage Japanese Figurines EmptyTue Oct 27, 2015 8:27 am

Incredible find Applause How tall are they?
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Japanese Figurines   3 - Vintage Japanese Figurines EmptyTue Oct 27, 2015 8:59 am

What a development in the figurines of Japan :), a very interesting and rare catch!

STS members can merge Very Happy

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Japanese Figurines   3 - Vintage Japanese Figurines EmptyWed Oct 28, 2015 11:48 pm

Thanks Luis,! That's surely interesting! Very Happy
They have more or less the same generic shape, pose and style! Shocked

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Japanese Figurines   3 - Vintage Japanese Figurines Empty

Back to top Go down

Vintage Japanese Figurines
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Animal toy figures reviews and discussions :: Vintage Companies :: Vintage plastic-
Jump to: