Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  
Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Please vote for Show Us Yours of October! Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven
bounce bounce bounce Please check here the incredible line-up of Safari LTD for 2017! bounce bounce bounce

Share | 

New glass cabinet for my collection!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: New glass cabinet for my collection!    Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:06 pm

My collection is growing fast, especially with the trades I make nowadays. The animals come in fast and my collection was growing all over my desk. No space in my white cabinet left to held them any longer bounce

So, I needed more space! Many of you know the glass cabinets the Lidl has for sale sometimes? I wanted such a cabinet to hold my Canines and felines, so the shelf space they took in was empty for my collection to grow even more XD

But... Lidl didn't sell any at the moment and I needed the new space badly. So I searched on Marktplaats.nl (Dutch E-Bayisch site.) but couldn't find any Rolling Eyes Then I got a smart idea and asked Julie for help. She always finds the right and the good stuff, so I thought she might find a cabinet as well. And YES, she did! Of course! I mailed the seller immediately. After a few days of no response, I mailed again and right after that I got a mail back. That same night I could pick the cabined up at his garage box.

Everything looked fine, was still in the box and all... But when unpacking the cabinet at home, one of the glass side panels was in 1000 pieces silent pale I was sad, but after assembling the cabinet, it wasn't the worst thing anymore XD I took me a whole day to fill in the glass cabinet and to rearrange my white cabinet. It is one big annoying puzzle Razz It was fun to do, but also a big pain when some animals wouldn't cooperate...

I have made photos before and after, here they are:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
1000 pieces of the glass side panel Sad

Before rearranging everything:

Animals I got form Paige:

And after I was done:

Close-up of my new glass cabinet <3:

cheers cheers cheers

I am SO happy with my new cabinet, everything is so tidy and nice and my style and... drunken
Thank you so much dear Julie, for finding this new cabinet for me! Very Happy flower

Back to top Go down
http://night-lioness.deviantart.com/
Wilorvise

Country/State : Michigan, USA

PostSubject: Re: New glass cabinet for my collection!    Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:26 pm

You have done a great job setting getting them organized. It looks really nice! Congrats

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: New glass cabinet for my collection!    Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:57 pm

Ohhh, I can imagine your heart sinking when you saw that glass affraid
It looked like an elephant trampeled on it Sad

But then all turned to perfect cheers

Your collection looks fantastic !!! So orderly and beautyfully arranged , - each model at its best....what a wonderful , beautyful admireable sight Very Happy Applause

Congratulations with the wonderful new cabinet, and hurray for Julie, who is always there to help cheers

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: New glass cabinet for my collection!    Fri Sep 18, 2015 9:10 am

Phantastic!

Country/State : the Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: New glass cabinet for my collection!    Fri Sep 18, 2015 9:16 am

Looking good! , and you even got empty spaces.... Applause
intresse in two german shepards???
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: New glass cabinet for my collection!    Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:33 pm

Such a shame the one panel is broken Sad You should contact the company to see if they can send you a new piece, or at least give you a partial refund Very Happy

On the other hand, it looks great! cheers Congrats my friend Very Happy

http://mistystarstudios.blogspot.com
TheLastStardust

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: New glass cabinet for my collection!    Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:35 pm

wow! Shocked It's soo beautiful! Look at it! xD I can imagine the fun putting the animals all in it! :3
but, how did you solve the broken shelf..? Shocked  (excuse me if i missed something.. xD )

Also, your desk looks so comfy and nice to work at Very Happy

Congrats on this beautiful cabinet, and hurray for Julie! cheers

Back to top Go down
NightLioness

PostSubject: Re: New glass cabinet for my collection!    Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:37 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
You have done a great job setting getting them organized. It looks really nice! Congrats

Thank you Very Happy

Ohhh, I can imagine your heart sinking when you saw that glass affraid
It looked like an elephant trampeled on it Sad

But then all turned to perfect cheers

Your collection looks fantastic !!! So orderly and beautyfully arranged , - each model at its best....what a wonderful , beautyful admireable sight Very Happy Applause

Congratulations with the wonderful new cabinet, and hurray for Julie, who is always there to help cheers

I looked that way indeed >.<
First I was afraid that it was one of the glass doors, luckily it packet out very nicely :)

Thank you Susanne Very Happy

Phantastic!

Thank you Andreas Very Happy

Ghehe, empty spaces can be filled XD
What brand?

Such a shame the one panel is broken Sad You should contact the company to see if they can send you a new piece, or at least give you a partial refund Very Happy

On the other hand, it looks great! cheers Congrats my friend Very Happy

I bought the cabinet from Markplaats.nl, action site, so I can't ask for a refund or a spare glass side panel Wink But I bought the glass cabinet for the half of the prize it would normally go for in the store, so I don't mind :)

wow! Shocked It's soo beautiful! Look at it! xD I can imagine the fun putting the animals all in it! :3
but, how did you solve the broken shelf..? Shocked  (excuse me if i missed something.. xD )

Also, your desk looks so comfy and nice to work at Very Happy

Congrats on this beautiful cabinet, and hurray for Julie! cheers

It was so much fun! Very Happy I ended up talking to my animals XD
"You are going here, and you there." Razz

I didn't solve anything at all Wink The panel is still broken and my cabinet has one side without glass (the side facing my bookcase). It isn't even noticeable when you don't know it Wink

It is very comfy :3 Which enough space and everything I need to repaint or do something else :)

cheers cheers cheers

Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: New glass cabinet for my collection!    Fri Sep 18, 2015 3:28 pm

Great new cabinet! Big congrats, and I'm a little jealous of your shelving arrangements... mine al just get crammed into bookshelves unfortunately. Congrats on the swelling of your collection, all the new figures, and the new display! cheers

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
Carola

Country/State : Denmark

PostSubject: Re: New glass cabinet for my collection!    Fri Sep 18, 2015 5:43 pm

There is no such thing as giving your precious collection a better habitat Very Happy Love the new cabinet.

Saien

Country/State : Slovakia

PostSubject: Re: New glass cabinet for my collection!    Fri Sep 18, 2015 6:13 pm

Beautifully arranged cabinet and amazing collection! cheers

Admin

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: New glass cabinet for my collection!    Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:58 pm

Éverything looks wonderful, you have a good taste and you have still a lot of free space to new figures. Collections look so wonderful like that. Very Happy

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Jetty

Country/State : the Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: New glass cabinet for my collection!    Sat Sep 19, 2015 9:18 am

What brand?

Schleich, one is lying down the other is standing, I am cleaning up! Laughing  [ have to search for numbers don't have them right here...]
Back to top Go down
Ana

Country/State : come from Poland now live in The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: New glass cabinet for my collection!    Sat Sep 19, 2015 11:15 am

Great new cabinet Karin! Congratulations!! cheers Your collection is looking great Very Happy

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Kikimalou
Admin

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: New glass cabinet for my collection!    Sat Sep 19, 2015 11:40 am

Your new cabinet is excellent, I have some and it is like they were made for us Very Happy

You have a very beautiful collection cheers

NightLioness

PostSubject: Re: New glass cabinet for my collection!    Sat Sep 19, 2015 4:03 pm

Great new cabinet! Big congrats, and I'm a little jealous of your shelving arrangements... mine al just get crammed into bookshelves unfortunately. Congrats on the swelling of your collection, all the new figures, and the new display! cheers

Thank you Paige Very Happy Embarassed
I shall try to take better photo's of your animals Very Happy

There is no such thing as giving your precious collection a better habitat Very Happy Love the new cabinet.

drunken Exactly! Thank you Carola Very Happy

Beautifully arranged cabinet and amazing collection!  cheers

Thanks Saien ^.^

Éverything looks wonderful, you have a good taste and you have still a lot of free space to new figures. Collections look so wonderful like that. Very Happy

You guys make me blush with sentences like that... good taste... me.... ohgosh XD
Free space!!! Very Happy Thank you Roger :3

What brand?

Schleich, one is lying down the other is standing, I am cleaning up! Laughing  [ have to search for numbers don't have them right here...]

Hmm, I think I will pass on them Wink But good luck cleaning your collection!
Are you gonna place them in the Market Place section here??

Great new cabinet Karin! Congratulations!! cheers Your collection is looking great Very Happy

Thank you Anna cheers

Your new cabinet is excellent, I have some and it is like they were made for us Very Happy  
You have a very beautiful collection cheers

This type of cabinet is just perfect for us indeed Kiki! I'm glad they have them here Very Happy
Thank you Kiki Very Happy

Back to top Go down
landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: New glass cabinet for my collection!    Sat Sep 19, 2015 5:27 pm

cheers cheers cheers

Our collections,fill all spaces with beautiful colors and forms.

Big congratulations Applause

Tarunyada

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: New glass cabinet for my collection!    Sun Sep 20, 2015 4:44 pm

Whaaaaaaaaaaaa hurray!!! Okay, I've already seen the photographs, but now I'm home again, behind my laptop, so I can see them in a better size. But this is great, Karin! I'm so happy I could help you out with getting this cabinet! A pity that one side was broken, but you don't see it that much when looking at it. Wonderful, your collection looks so neat and gorgeous right now <3 Well done Applause

http://tarunyada.weebly.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New glass cabinet for my collection!    Today at 3:37 am

Back to top Go down

New glass cabinet for my collection!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1