Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  

Very Happy Time to turn in your idea for the SUY of October Very Happy

Share | 

Does anyone know why PV made so few bird sets?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Rhamphorhynchus

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Does anyone know why PV made so few bird sets?   Fri Sep 25, 2015 5:52 am

So I was looking at the various animal sets made by PV and I saw that they made only 2 bird sets (parrots and raptors) while pretty much every major group of mammal, reptile and lots of fish, sharks, arthropods, and other invertebrates got covered. I wonder why that is. It would have been great if there were more birds from this company.

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone know why PV made so few bird sets?   Fri Sep 25, 2015 7:55 am

Yes it would be great but i think there is nothing- only a surprise.

Admin

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone know why PV made so few bird sets?   Fri Sep 25, 2015 8:46 am

Hard to know why ...perhaps their MD was scared of birds ? scratch

Roger
Admin

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone know why PV made so few bird sets?   Fri Sep 25, 2015 1:51 pm

I think ti is because birds are a big challenge to be sculpted decently in tube size and respect the safety rules.
Wild Republic also don't have many bird tubes. For example, stork like birds with their long legs and bills are a big problem to these companies. Japanese don't have this problem and birds are very common among their companies.
Though, if you join all tube sized birds from all North American companies, you'll find an interesting amount of them. :)

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Rhamphorhynchus

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone know why PV made so few bird sets?   Sun Sep 27, 2015 6:54 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Hard to know why ...perhaps their MD was scared of birds ? scratch

Haha, maybe.

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone know why PV made so few bird sets?   Sun Sep 27, 2015 6:55 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I think ti is because birds are a big challenge to be sculpted decently in tube size and respect the safety rules.
Wild Republic also don't have many bird tubes. For example, stork like birds with their long legs and bills are a big problem to these companies. Japanese don't have this problem and birds are very common among their companies.
Though, if you join all tube sized birds from all North American companies, you'll find an interesting amount of them. :)

Yeah, that's true.

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone know why PV made so few bird sets?   

Back to top Go down

Does anyone know why PV made so few bird sets?
Page 1 of 1