Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Kaiyodo Anhanguera walkaround

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Rhamphorhynchus

Rhamphorhynchus

Country/State : United States

Kaiyodo Anhanguera walkaround Empty
PostSubject: Kaiyodo Anhanguera walkaround   Kaiyodo Anhanguera walkaround EmptySun Sep 27, 2015 4:09 am

Anhanguera (name meaning Old Devil) was a pterosaur that lived in the early Cretaceous in what is now Brazil.  It had a 14 foot wingspan and is thought to have been a piscavore.  
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]DSC_8267 by E H, on Flickr
This is certainly a very colorful model.  Although I envision Anhanguera having coloration similar to seabirds, I quite like this scheme.  It is very well painted and the detail is really good, which is impressive since it is a small model.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]DSC_8268 by E H, on Flickr
Front view
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]DSC_8269 by E H, on Flickr
Side view.  Always nice to see pterosaur figures with plantigrade feet and with the correct number of toes.  I like the small white dots on the wings.  Although the pictures don't show it, the wings are slightly transparent.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]DSC_8270 by E H, on Flickr
Back view
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]DSC_8271 by E H, on Flickr
Top view.  Although the photos don't show it, the model is sculpted with pycnofibers.

This is a very well done figure.  As far as accuracy goes, it's really good, although I'm not a pterosaur expert.  As I said before, I like the color choice and it is very well painted and sculpted.  The pose is really good too.  There aren't a whole lot of grounded pterosaur figures (most depict them in a flying pose) so they are always welcome.

Overall, 9.5 out of 10

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Kaiyodo Anhanguera walkaround   Kaiyodo Anhanguera walkaround EmptySun Sep 27, 2015 7:26 am

It is also one of my favourite grounded pterosaur ever for all the good reasons you told Very Happy

Thank you for the walkaround!
Back to top Go down
Rhamphorhynchus

Rhamphorhynchus

PostSubject: Re: Kaiyodo Anhanguera walkaround   Kaiyodo Anhanguera walkaround EmptySun Sep 27, 2015 8:33 am

Kikimalou wrote:
It is also one of my favourite grounded pterosaur ever for all the good reasons you told Very Happy

Thank you for the walkaround!

Yeah, it's a great model.

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Kaiyodo Anhanguera walkaround   Kaiyodo Anhanguera walkaround EmptySun Sep 27, 2015 1:25 pm

Very nice and detailed

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Kaiyodo Anhanguera walkaround   Kaiyodo Anhanguera walkaround EmptySun Sep 27, 2015 9:44 pm

It is wonderful cheers

Of course I love the colours, and as you say, this could be a fine colour for a fish-catching creature.
Not knowing much about pterosaurs, I still think it looks like a sort of natural pose, it is simply beautyful Very Happy

Thankyou for one more great walkaround with perfect pictures and interesting comments Applause

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Kaiyodo Anhanguera walkaround   Kaiyodo Anhanguera walkaround EmptySun Sep 27, 2015 11:06 pm

Here is a proff that I haven't anything against anhangueras. Laughing
The figure looks very realistic and plausible to me. The pose is wonderful and the sculpt full of detail. The translucent wings is a delicious detail although it is not so visible as you commented but the effect is surely of lightness. I think 9,5 is a very fair despite these figures making me always a little puzzled. Wink

Rhamphorhynchus

PostSubject: Re: Kaiyodo Anhanguera walkaround   Kaiyodo Anhanguera walkaround EmptyMon Sep 28, 2015 5:17 am

SUSANNE wrote:
It is wonderful cheers

Of course I love the colours, and as you say, this could be a fine colour for a fish-catching creature.
Not knowing much about pterosaurs, I still think it looks like a sort of natural pose, it is simply beautyful Very Happy

Thankyou for one more great walkaround with perfect pictures and interesting comments Applause

You're welcome :)

Rhamphorhynchus

PostSubject: Re: Kaiyodo Anhanguera walkaround   Kaiyodo Anhanguera walkaround EmptyMon Sep 28, 2015 5:18 am

Roger wrote:
The figure looks very realistic and plausible to me. The pose is wonderful and the sculpt full of detail. The translucent wings is a delicious detail although it is not so visible as you commented but the effect is surely of lightness. I think 9,5 is a very fair despite these figures making me always a little puzzled. Wink

I agree, this is a great figure and the best Anhanguera model I've seen.

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Kaiyodo Anhanguera walkaround   Kaiyodo Anhanguera walkaround EmptyMon Sep 28, 2015 10:39 pm

Rhamphorhynchus wrote:
Roger wrote:

I agree, this is a great figure and the best Anhanguera model I've seen.

Yes, it won't surprise that most of the collectors wanting accuracy are collecting Kaiyodo these days.
Just a little recomendation, you can use the button [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] that you can find at the top right of each post to multiquote/reply to several members in a single post.
Just click the button on posts you want to reply, it will select these posts, then click reply to topic and all quotes will appear. If you can't figure how to do it, just keep using the way is more confortable to you. Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: Kaiyodo Anhanguera walkaround   Kaiyodo Anhanguera walkaround Empty

Back to top Go down

Kaiyodo Anhanguera walkaround
Page 1 of 1