Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Schleich 2015 Anhanguera walkaround

Go down 
+2
Carola
Rhamphorhynchus
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Rhamphorhynchus

Rhamphorhynchus

Country/State : United States

Schleich 2015 Anhanguera walkaround Empty
PostSubject: Schleich 2015 Anhanguera walkaround   Schleich 2015 Anhanguera walkaround EmptySun Sep 27, 2015 1:34 am

Since I just posted a walkaround for the Kaiyodo Anhanguera, I thought it would be fitting to do the Schleich Anhanguera as well.

Anhanguera was a medium sized pterosaur that lived in the early Cretaceous in what is now Brazil.  It had a 14 foot wingspan and probably ate fish.  It is thought to have had a lifestyle similar to a seabird.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]DSC_8291 by E H, on Flickr
I really like the mane of pycnofibers on its neck.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]DSC_8292 by E H, on Flickr
Closer view of the head and mouth.  As you can see, the jaw is articulated.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]DSC_8293 by E H, on Flickr
Other side.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]DSC_8294 by E H, on Flickr
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]DSC_8295 by E H, on Flickr
The wings are too short on this figure.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]DSC_8296 by E H, on Flickr

This is a nice figure and a pretty accurate representation of Anhanguera.  It is well-sculpted and painted.  It is nice to see these companies give some of the more obscure pterosaurs some attention.

Overall, 8 out of 10.

Carola

Country/State : Denmark

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2015 Anhanguera walkaround   Schleich 2015 Anhanguera walkaround EmptySun Sep 27, 2015 4:52 am

Very fascinating creature Very Happy I do not know about this type of dino, but certainly interesting to think of something like that inhabited the sky long time ago.

And another thing is that I really like how Schleich has started to give many of their dinos movable jaws. It seems to work very well for them, and I'd have loved such a feature when I was a kid and played with plastic dinos (had loads of AAA dinos back then) Very Happy

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2015 Anhanguera walkaround   Schleich 2015 Anhanguera walkaround EmptySun Sep 27, 2015 8:34 am

Great :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2015 Anhanguera walkaround   Schleich 2015 Anhanguera walkaround EmptySun Sep 27, 2015 5:29 pm

I am glad you're giving a good ponctuation to this figure. I find it unacttrative and a non reasonable morphology for a flying creature. Though, my understanding about it is very limited and it is nice to know that Schleich performed it competently. Thanks again for your great walk around. Very Happy

Rhamphorhynchus

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2015 Anhanguera walkaround   Schleich 2015 Anhanguera walkaround EmptyMon Sep 28, 2015 12:01 am

Carola wrote:
Very fascinating creature Very Happy I do not know about this type of dino, but certainly interesting to think of something like that inhabited the sky long time ago.

And another thing is that I really like how Schleich has started to give many of their dinos movable jaws. It seems to work very well for them, and I'd have loved such a feature when I was a kid and played with plastic dinos (had loads of AAA dinos back then) Very Happy

I agree, it is amazing to think that these amazing creatures flew in the skies eons ago.

I like the movable jaw feature too. It looks especially good on the Papo models.

Rhamphorhynchus

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2015 Anhanguera walkaround   Schleich 2015 Anhanguera walkaround EmptyMon Sep 28, 2015 12:01 am

widukind wrote:
Great :)

Thanks.

Rhamphorhynchus

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2015 Anhanguera walkaround   Schleich 2015 Anhanguera walkaround EmptyMon Sep 28, 2015 12:04 am

Roger wrote:
I am glad you're giving a good ponctuation to this figure. I find it unacttrative and a non reasonable morphology for a flying creature. Though, my understanding about it is very limited and it is nice to know that Schleich performed it competently. Thanks again for your great walk around. Very Happy

Thanks. I'm glad you like my walkaround.

It's not the greatest pterosaur model out there, but it's decent. My biggest issue with it is that the wings are way too short.

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2015 Anhanguera walkaround   Schleich 2015 Anhanguera walkaround EmptyMon Sep 28, 2015 4:02 am

Great walkaround again cheers
This is a typical Schleich, - isn't the head far too big ? It wouldn't be able to fly Laughing

I love it when dino-experts show and comment on Schleich models study Very Happy

Rhamphorhynchus

Rhamphorhynchus

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2015 Anhanguera walkaround   Schleich 2015 Anhanguera walkaround EmptyMon Sep 28, 2015 5:23 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
Great walkaround again  cheers
This is a typical Schleich, - isn't the head far too big ? It wouldn't be able to fly Laughing

I love it when dino-experts show and comment on Schleich models  study  Very Happy

Many pterosaurs had ridiculously huge heads in relation to their bodies. Here's what Anhanguera's skeleton looked like [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

LukaLeon085

Country/State : ITALY

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2015 Anhanguera walkaround   Schleich 2015 Anhanguera walkaround EmptyTue Sep 29, 2015 8:21 am

WoW Shocked

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2015 Anhanguera walkaround   Schleich 2015 Anhanguera walkaround Empty

Back to top Go down

Schleich 2015 Anhanguera walkaround
Page 1 of 1