Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  

Share | 

Help please :)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ice_twin

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Help please :)   27/9/2015, 18:57

These came with some Schleich figures I bought, but I have no idea what make they are. Any ideas?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

And these say Procon on them, and I wondered if anyone had any information about them, as i'd never heard of the brand before

Back to top Go down
Tarunyada

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Help please :)   27/9/2015, 19:06

Wonderful! cheers The above animals are Jakks Discovery Scanopedia animals. They used to come with an electronic pen which you had to put to the logo on them and then you would hear some information about them. They're quite hard to find these days, if I'm correct.

Procon is actually CollectA, or that's what they used to be called.

TAi wrote:
CollectA is a large manufacturer of toy animals based in Hong Kong. Their parent company is Procon Asia, and earlier released figures include both Procon and CollectA on tags. The CollectA trademark is now predominant. They produce a full range of animal types but are best known for their extensive line of Prehistoric Life featuring many unusual species.

Hope this helped Very Happy

Back to top Go down
http://tarunyada.weebly.com/
Ice_twin

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Help please :)   27/9/2015, 19:10

Oww thank you Julie. :)

They're very cute, and, apart from the bear, they're animals I didn't have in my collection :)

As for the Procon animals, I never knew CollectA had a previous name. :) I couldn't find anything when googling. :)
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Help please :)   27/9/2015, 19:12

Fantastic, rare finds cheers

I never even heard about Jakks Discovery Scanopedia animals before Shocked
Does anybody know how old they are ?
It looks like Ravenburger stole the idea for their TipToy-line , - or bought it perhaps ? Very Happy

SUSANNE
Admin

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Help please :)   27/9/2015, 19:16

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
.......I couldn't find anything when googling. :)

Try our own [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ( Also called TAI in short) .
If type Procon in the search-function, your are redirected to CollectA.

TAI is not perfect, but with all us STS-people working on it, it is getting better every day cheers

Tarunyada

PostSubject: Re: Help please :)   27/9/2015, 19:17

They're very cute, and, apart from the bear, they're animals I didn't have in my collection :)

As for the Procon animals, I never knew CollectA had a previous name. :) I couldn't find anything when googling. :)

You're very welcome!

You can see/read a little bit more about the Jakks Pacific figurines [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. I really hope to get the hyena model one day!

I don't know when CollectA figurines started to be marked like that, but I do have (for example) the 2006 European badger which is marked Procon. I also believe I have a deer calf which could be from the same family as your deer. I'll see if I can find a photograph of it.. scratch

Back to top Go down
Tarunyada

PostSubject: Re: Help please :)   27/9/2015, 19:22

I also believe I have a deer calf which could be from the same family as your deer. I'll see if I can find a photograph of it.. scratch

Here are your Procon (CollectA) deer on TAi:

And this is the calf I own (not my photo though):

As you can see, they were all in production from 2006 untill 2011. I have no idea how hard they are to get nowadays.

Back to top Go down
widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Help please :)   27/9/2015, 21:20

Great to see this Scanopedia animals

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Help please :)   27/9/2015, 23:03

Great finds, congratulations!

sbell

Country/State : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Help please :)   27/9/2015, 23:37

You're very welcome!

You can see/read a little bit more about the Jakks Pacific figurines [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. I really hope to get the hyena model one day!

I don't know when CollectA figurines started to be marked like that, but I do have (for example) the 2006 European badger which is marked Procon. I also believe I have a deer calf which could be from the same family as your deer. I'll see if I can find a photograph of it.. scratch

The company was renamed from Procon to CollectA around 2007. But some of those figures were still being distributed for years. The original 6 dinosaurs from CollectA were sold as Nature's Wonders.

And the Scanopedia Hyena is one of the few that I have (the others are some of the prehistoric animals). They are decent models, despite the big blue indented hole on them. The line lasted maybe a year and then sputtered out--I think the concept was good, but the execution was awkward, and the models and pen were too expensive for what they were. A hidden chip would have made the toys more playable; the scanner needed to be less expensive somehow. And that is to say nothing of the poor distribution of the series.

I'm also a big freshwater fish-figure fan. Know of anything new and exciting? I need to know as well!
Back to top Go down
http://faunafigures.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help please :)   

Back to top Go down

Help please :)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Animal toy figures reviews and discussions :: General reviews and discussions :: What is this please ?-
Jump to: