Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  
Very Happy The STS 2017 Logo contest is already open HERE Very Happy

Share | 

New CollectA horse models for 2016

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
codru

Country/State : Romania

PostSubject: New CollectA horse models for 2016   Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:03 pm

Three new CollectA models, sculpted by Deborah, revealed on etsy.com - Ardennes stallion, Black Forest Stallion and Camargue mare - and confirmed by Deborah to be part of the CollectA range...
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: New CollectA horse models for 2016   Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:12 pm

Pictures?

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: New CollectA horse models for 2016   Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:46 pm

WOW ! An Ardennes horse cheers cheers cheers Applause Very Happy

Silver Unicornis

Country/State : Polish girl living in Scotland

PostSubject: Re: New CollectA horse models for 2016   Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:49 pm

There ya go, from her FB:

Ardennes stallion
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Black Forest stallion

Camargue mare

They're not perfect, but I love them!
Ardennes could be a tad bit heavier.
Black Forest is way too refined and light for this breed ([You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]), but could pass as a Mustang with overgrown mane!
Camargue is too refined as well, but I think she could be a perfect base for a portrait of my fav mare!

I so hope they come out as new Collecta models! And that they're made from harder plastic that some of their models.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: New CollectA horse models for 2016   Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:18 pm

Congrats :)

Country/State : ITALY

PostSubject: Re: New CollectA horse models for 2016   Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:39 pm

WOW What a Face
Back to top Go down
donny ong

Country/State : indonesia

PostSubject: Re: New CollectA horse models for 2016   Tue Oct 06, 2015 2:18 am

Amazing!

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin

PostSubject: Re: New CollectA horse models for 2016   Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:51 am

Thankyou very much for sharing cheers

They are beautyful, - but as you say, they are too light for their breeds Rolling Eyes

Carola

Country/State : Denmark

PostSubject: Re: New CollectA horse models for 2016   Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:33 am

ARDENNES cheers cheers cheers WoW they all look amazing!
Thanks so much for sharing!

Can't wait to see official prototypes with paintjobs too! bounce bounce bounce I hope Ardennes will have a beautiful roan colour, like the CollectA regular scale Mustang.

Ardennes look a little slender for the breed, but I guess it's again Deborah's style. Anatomy on all look very good though.

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: New CollectA horse models for 2016   Tue Oct 06, 2015 12:19 pm

Lovely models but would agree that the draught breeds are a bit light.

Country/State : come from Poland now live in The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: New CollectA horse models for 2016   Tue Oct 06, 2015 12:36 pm

I love them, especially Ardennes. Indeed too light for his breed but can represent other drat horse and he looks amazing!!! I love you I like other 2 very much too. Smile

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Carola

PostSubject: Re: New CollectA horse models for 2016   Tue Oct 06, 2015 12:45 pm

Mangalarga wrote:

They're not perfect, but I love them!
Ardennes could be a tad bit heavier.
Black Forest is way too refined and light for this breed ([You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]), but could pass as a Mustang with overgrown mane!
Camargue is too refined as well, but I think she could be a perfect base for a portrait of my fav mare!

I so hope they come out as new Collecta models! And that they're made from harder plastic that some of their models.

I just saw your thoughts of the models now - I mistook the Black Forest to be a Rocky Mountain Horse, for some strange reason. Indeed the model is way too light for the breed Rolling Eyes Pretty but too thin. And as mentioned before, the Ardennes being too light too. The Schleich one actually has that typical bulkiness of the Ardennes, as well as the now retired Schleich Black Forest horses are neatly heavy looking.
But otherwise all look very beautiful, I think. Very Happy bounce

Ana

Country/State : come from Poland now live in The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: New CollectA horse models for 2016   Tue Oct 06, 2015 12:54 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:

I just saw your thoughts of the models now - I mistook the Black Forest to be a Rocky Mountain Horse, for some strange reason. Indeed the model is way too light for the breed Rolling Eyes Pretty but too thin. And as mentioned before, the Ardennes being too light too. The Schleich one actually has that typical bulkiness of the Ardennes, as well as the now retired Schleich Black Forest horses are neatly heavy looking.
But otherwise all look very beautiful, I think. Very Happy bounce

Yes, perhaps it's indeed a Rocky Mountain horse, the conformation would suit this breed much better!! Very Happy Maybe it's just a mistake in description? Smile

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: New CollectA horse models for 2016   Tue Oct 06, 2015 1:47 pm

I like the Ardennes but perhaps as a cross bred or another draft breed, and the Camargue is quite nice. The Black Forest is a nice concept but just not the right build. Thanks for sharing! Very Happy

http://mistystarstudios.blogspot.com
Phexedrine

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: New CollectA horse models for 2016   Tue Oct 06, 2015 3:19 pm

The Ardennes is indeed too light but he is beautiful. The 2 others are lovely too, I'm wondering if I should get them in resin or plastic...

And by the way, the Camargue would pass greatly as a younger mare.

TheSpottedCat

Country/State : Sweden

PostSubject: Re: New CollectA horse models for 2016   Tue Oct 06, 2015 3:44 pm

The black forest looks like a fairy tale horse with that glamorous mane Very Happy I need them all! They are pretty. I haven't even got all the older ones I want yet!

I agree the both drafts looks rather on the lean side, but [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] are examples of thinner ardenner horses. Even if I think the blue roan might be a young or just skinny example...
I guess people are more likely to think of [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] or [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].
And for black forest, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] is a thinner one, while [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] is what people might typically think of or even [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].
I'm not an expert, but I know these horses come in all kinds of different sizes and shapes. Just like the Swedish Warmblood or Icelandic horses have a huge difference in appearance depending on their use or when they where bred. We even have an breed called Swedish ardenner that unlike the Belgian version have only been bred for working, not for the meat, so it is smaller and thinner and the Belgian have shorter legs and are more... robust. Apparently the Swedish ardenner come in different colours also. I'm not sure if they are different breeds tho or just different variations. The Swedish one have blood from native draft breeds. Black forest horses might also get slimmer as they are more focused of breeding them into riding horses.
Back to top Go down
Carola

PostSubject: Re: New CollectA horse models for 2016   Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:02 pm

The black forest looks like a fairy tale horse with that glamorous mane Very Happy I need them all! They are pretty. I haven't even got all the older ones I want yet!

I agree the both drafts looks rather on the lean side, but [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] are examples of thinner ardenner horses. Even if I think the blue roan might be a young or just skinny example...
I guess people are more likely to think of [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] or [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].
And for black forest, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] is a thinner one, while [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] is what people might typically think of or even [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].
I'm not an expert, but I know these horses come in all kinds of different sizes and shapes. Just like the Swedish Warmblood or Icelandic horses have a huge difference in appearance depending on their use or when they where bred. We even have an breed called Swedish ardenner that unlike the Belgian version have only been bred for working, not for the meat, so it is smaller and thinner and the Belgian have shorter legs and are more... robust. Apparently the Swedish ardenner come in different colours also. I'm not sure if they are different breeds tho or just different variations. The Swedish one have blood from native draft breeds. Black forest horses might also get slimmer as they are more focused of breeding them into riding horses.

Thanks for the lovely linked pictures Very Happy I think you are right in what people expect, and that they, me included, don't see in the new CollectAs. I still wish though, that Deborah would leave a little her passion for the slender versions Rolling Eyes

I once met a Swedish Ardenne at det Danish Dyrskue - they are super cute, and I love their colouring!

Silver Unicornis

Country/State : Polish girl living in Scotland

PostSubject: Re: New CollectA horse models for 2016   Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:23 pm

Yes, perhaps it's indeed a Rocky Mountain horse, the conformation would suit this breed much better!! Very Happy Maybe it's just a mistake in description? Smile

I doubt it, RMH aren't that heavy Wink

I have a feeling that Deborah doesn't go into too much detail about the European breeds, like many Americans tend to do (no offence! It's just an observation, not generalisation! I've seen quite a few models/customs where people just add one characteristic feature completely ignoring adjusting whole conformation, slap on approrpiate colous, and call it a certain breed. I mean, look at Breyer's [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] for example - Dartmoor my a$$...)

Also, I believe non-one-of-a-kind models should represent an average specimen of a breed, not too heavy, not too light, just average and most typical. When I look at the Black Forest one, I don't see that breed at all. Actually, my first thought was either Spanish-Norman or regular-scaled Mustang Wink

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Tupolew Tu-154

Country/State : Airport

PostSubject: Re: New CollectA horse models for 2016   Wed Oct 07, 2015 3:05 am

Black forest? Seriously? That looks like a warmblood.

But i will wait for the finish ones, with paintjob.

Country/State : CALIFORNIA

PostSubject: Re: New CollectA horse models for 2016   Wed Oct 07, 2015 5:29 am

WOWWWWWW WI
THEY ARE SCUPTURES!!!
Back to top Go down
Night Elf

Country/State : USA /// Pacific Northwest

PostSubject: Re: New CollectA horse models for 2016   Sat Oct 10, 2015 2:27 am

Breed assignments aside, I think they are lovely sculptures. I can't wait to see them from CollectA. Very Happy

SUSANNE
Admin

PostSubject: Re: New CollectA horse models for 2016   Sat Oct 10, 2015 9:01 am

And by the way, the Camargue would pass greatly as a younger mare.

Yes, toy are right ! The build would fit nicely for a yearling, if half the length of the tail hair ( and probably the mane ) was removed Very Happy

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New CollectA horse models for 2016   Today at 3:04 pm

Back to top Go down

New CollectA horse models for 2016
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1