Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  

Very Happy Klick HERE to vote for the SUY of October Very Happy

Share | 

My first Breyer and other newcomers

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
onatello

Country/State : Czech Republic

PostSubject: My first Breyer and other newcomers   Thu Oct 08, 2015 3:22 pm

Hello there,
here is my first Breyer horse. As I don't have room for big horses, I decided for Stablemates scale and the most beautiful Stablemate for me is the 2015 Black Andalusian performing Spanish walk. It became must have immediately after spotting on internet. I'm happy to have him. 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
I'm actually pretty impressed with his pocket size and how detailed he is. He is amazingly sculpted by Brigitte Eberl. 
I love the proportions, the expression in his face and the movement. He is so monumental. Here is a small walkaround:
He stands perfectly despite the leg in air. 
Only one thing bothers me...I don't get why did they made him from white plastic and then painted to black, he had some small rubs allready from package. If he is made from black material with added shadings, it would be much better.
I had to buy the set of 8 stablemates, cause there is only one seller in Czeh rep selling breyers, and he sells them only ih this set. I'm gonna to sell the others, (PM me if anyone is interested) but thinking about taking also mustang or saddlebred (or maybe both) cause i want something typical for America, as it is an American company. 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by onatello on Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:51 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: My first Breyer and other newcomers   Thu Oct 08, 2015 3:43 pm

This Black Andalusian is for shure the best Breyer stablemate model for me too :)
It is different then the other stablemate models with his great details and realistic look.
I also have it and I love it :)

In the future, you can buy Breyer single models ordering them from
for example :)

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: My first Breyer and other newcomers   Thu Oct 08, 2015 4:57 pm

Congratulations! I am a huge fan of this sculpt as well - you should look at getting the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] too Very Happy It's the same sculpt, the SM is just the shrinkie version.

The TWH is another American breed, as is the Appaloosa, if you wanted to keep one from America.

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: My first Breyer and other newcomers   Thu Oct 08, 2015 5:41 pm

Congrats :)

Admin

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: My first Breyer and other newcomers   Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:35 pm

They are GORGEOUS cheers

I know a very wonderful painter-dancer in Bulgaria who has got this lovely model for me too bounce Very Happy

onatello

PostSubject: Re: My first Breyer and other newcomers   Thu Oct 08, 2015 7:52 pm

Thank you guys. :-)
He looks different than the others in set, more detailed, more realistic, maybe new generation of SM?
The BOTW variant is also very beautiful, even more.
Oh, I see half of this set are Americans :-D but the Mustang and Saddlebred got my attention more than the others. I also love the Highland pony, it's so tiny, but still realistic.

Thanks for MPV tip, I was actually thinking about it, but the Andalusian was out of stock and he is -together with international shipping- quite pricey. He would cost more than half of price of this whole set from Czech rep. So I decided to get the set and to try to sell them. However, they are all nice, so I wouldn't mind if I had to keep them all. :-D

Back to top Go down
Wilorvise

Country/State : Michigan, USA

PostSubject: Re: My first Breyer and other newcomers   Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:03 pm

Congrats on your first "potato chip". A great catch.

PostSubject: Re: My first Breyer and other newcomers   Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:11 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:

He looks different than the others in set, more detailed, more realistic, maybe new generation of SM?

That's correct! The Mustang and Andy are G4s Wink

costicuba

PostSubject: Re: My first Breyer and other newcomers   Fri Oct 09, 2015 4:48 am

I know a very wonderful painter-dancer in Bulgaria who has got this lovely model for me too bounce Very Happy

Very Happy cheers
...and now he is already traveling to you , in a box with other friends Wink I hope soon, they will be in your hands bounce sunny

Country/State : Canada

PostSubject: Re: My first Breyer and other newcomers   Fri Oct 09, 2015 5:35 am

Hes gorgeous! Breyer makes the plastic white for all those who love to etch out there! I would really be disappointed if they made the plastic black as then I couldn't etch patterns onto this lovely mould!
Back to top Go down
Carola

Country/State : Denmark

PostSubject: Re: My first Breyer and other newcomers   Sat Oct 10, 2015 9:07 am

Lovely first Breyer Very Happy That is indeed a beautiful mold and likely the most detailed of all of the Stablemates molds. He is more of a sculpture than a toy, I think.
I also started with Stablemates, then a few Classics, and now all in on the Traditionals.. I was also saying I didn't have the space.. But suddently I thought I had Rolling Eyes

SUSANNE
Admin

PostSubject: Re: My first Breyer and other newcomers   Sat Oct 10, 2015 9:27 am

Lovely first Breyer Very Happy That is indeed a beautiful mold and likely the most detailed of all of the Stablemates molds. He is more of a sculpture than a toy, I think.

Perhaps he and the mustang are different than the others. I can see that at MPV those two cost 7 Euros while the others are 5,50 scratch

onatello

PostSubject: Re: My first Breyer and other newcomers   Sat Oct 10, 2015 10:39 am

I also started with Stablemates, then a few Classics, and now all in on the Traditionals.. I was also saying I didn't have the space.. But suddently I thought I had Rolling Eyes

Thank you :-) you're absolutely right, for me he is a tiny sculpture, not a toy.
Well...let's see...maybe I could find a space for some bigger Breyer in future..I absolutely love Brigitte Eberl's work and she made few traditionals for Breyer ;-)

Back to top Go down
onatello

PostSubject: Re: My first Breyer and other newcomers   Sat Oct 10, 2015 10:47 am

Perhaps he and the mustang are different than the others. I can see that at MPV those two cost 7 Euros while the others are 5,50 scratch

Yes, you are right, that was also reason to get the set, because this way I paid less than 4 € for each horse. It's strange, on the official Breyer site they all cost the same - 3.99$.
And there is also one difference - in the marking on their bellies..these two have Breyer logo in oval written with official font, the others have just title BREYER in random font.

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin

PostSubject: Re: My first Breyer and other newcomers   Sat Oct 10, 2015 10:52 am

[......
And there is also one difference - in the marking on their bellies..these two have Breyer logo in oval written with official font, the others have just title BREYER in random font.

That is very interesting bounce

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: My first Breyer and other newcomers   Sun Oct 11, 2015 12:04 am

They should technically all cost the same - MPV probably jacks up the price because those are the only two popular ones this year.

PostSubject: Re: My first Breyer and other newcomers   Sat Oct 17, 2015 11:58 am

Nice additions! I agree with you, that the andalusian is the best Breyer stablemate cheers
Back to top Go down
onatello

PostSubject: Re: My first Breyer and other newcomers   Sat Oct 24, 2015 12:00 pm

Thanks to all :-) 
I've decided to keep also the mustang...I have to say I'm not focused on feral horses, but there is definitely something about this guy. I like his dynamic pose expressing his wild spirit. The paintwork is also very well done, he is my first roan horse:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I'm still thinking about the Saddlebred. The remaining horses allready found new home.

Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: My first Breyer and other newcomers   Sat Oct 24, 2015 12:17 pm

Love this mold I love you One of my favorites!

widukind

PostSubject: Re: My first Breyer and other newcomers   Sat Oct 24, 2015 12:41 pm

Congrats again

Admin

PostSubject: Re: My first Breyer and other newcomers   Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:18 am

That is a wonderful, beautyful model cheers

So full of life , without being extreme, and the colour is just gorgeous Applause

onatello

PostSubject: Re: My first Breyer and other newcomers   Sun Oct 25, 2015 12:38 pm

Thank you LeeAnn, Susanne and Andreas.
I can totally understand that he is one of your favourites, LeeAnn.
And I agree with Susanne, he is definitely full of life, in different way than the Andalusian, but both are big personalities.

Back to top Go down
onatello

PostSubject: Re: My first Breyer and other newcomers   Mon Nov 23, 2015 12:09 am

Hi there,
after few busy weeks, I finally took the Saddlebred out of the package. Honestly, I can't say why I decided just for this horse, probably because of her stunning chestnut colour with large white marking. The paintwork is very nice. I hadn't knew much about Saddlebreds before, but I did some research and realized that they are mostly show horses (often called peacocks of the horse world). I like her elegant and noble pose, she is lovely and she definitely knows it :-D The ribbon bothers me a bit, but I know it's something traditional. Her ears could be sculpted more properly but I know it's an old mold (copyright on belly says 1999).
He are my first free Breyers together, now I have three different types from three different sculptors. Somebody (I think it was Roger) on STS wrote, that Stablemates are more like jewels than toys and I totally agree with that. They are small, with thin legs, they look fragile, I'm almost afraid to touch them. But I love them and I'm allready waiting for some jewells from MPV. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: My first Breyer and other newcomers   Mon Nov 23, 2015 12:11 am

cheers Another one is free Very Happy Congrats!

onatello

PostSubject: Re: My first Breyer and other newcomers   Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:22 pm

cheers Another one is free Very Happy Congrats!
Thank you, I don't know why I was waiting so long to set her free scratch Laughing

Back to top Go down
widukind

PostSubject: Re: My first Breyer and other newcomers   Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:52 pm

Congrats again

PostSubject: Re: My first Breyer and other newcomers   Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:30 pm

Congrats again
Thank you  Wink

Back to top Go down
onatello

PostSubject: Re: My first Breyer and other newcomers   Sun Dec 27, 2015 3:30 pm

Horray, my new jewels from MPV arrived last weekend together with [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] by Bullyland. The bay one is G4 dressage Hanoverian, the black is LE (only 750 pcs) of G3 Cantering Warmblood for World Equestrian Games 2014 in Normandy. It is said on the box that it is also Hanoverian. So it was Hanoverian package cheers
I will add some photos of unpacked horses later Wink

Last edited by onatello on Sun Dec 27, 2015 3:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Wilorvise

Country/State : Michigan, USA

PostSubject: Re: My first Breyer and other newcomers   Sun Dec 27, 2015 3:52 pm

Oh! Pretty! Congrats

PostSubject: Re: My first Breyer and other newcomers   Sun Dec 27, 2015 9:29 pm

Love the WEG WB Very Happy Congrats!

onatello

PostSubject: Re: My first Breyer and other newcomers   Tue Dec 29, 2015 12:40 pm

Thank you Laura and LeeAnn. I was looking forward to Hanoverian, but it seems I love the Cantering WB more. I like this mold and the charcoal black is charming. I'm actually thinking about letting her in package, cause she could be priceless in original package one day...

Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: My first Breyer and other newcomers   Tue Dec 29, 2015 3:19 pm

To be honest with you she's worth a lot more out of the package. The longer the model is in the package the better chance it can get damaged, especially box rubs on the off side. People want the model out of the box so they can show it, and they want to see the other side of the model. What I did with my Foiled Again was sliced along the plastic bubble with an xacto knife to free the model but save the two pieces of the package. Then I just glued the bubble back onto the card. Saved the package but still took out the model so I could show him.

onatello

PostSubject: Re: My first Breyer and other newcomers   Tue Dec 29, 2015 3:50 pm

To be honest with you she's worth a lot more out of the package. The longer the model is in the package the better chance it can get damaged, especially box rubs on the off side. People want the model out of the box so they can show it, and they want to see the other side of the model. What I did with my Foiled Again was sliced along the plastic bubble with an xacto knife to free the model but save the two pieces of the package. Then I just glued the bubble back onto the card. Saved the package but still took out the model so I could show him.
Oh, I see...thank you very much for useful information. So I will try to open it carefully ;-)

Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: My first Breyer and other newcomers   Tue Dec 29, 2015 4:18 pm

Happy to help! Free the pony! Wink

onatello

PostSubject: Re: My first Breyer and other newcomers   Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:46 pm

Hello,
finaly managed to take some photos of unpacked Hanoverians. I freed them even before New Year's Eve, but it was snowing and freazing outside so I couldn't take good photos, I tried to take some inside...

Ladies first. It's G3 mold by Jane Lunger. I love this mold, lovely head, nice pose, very natural and graceful. I would really appreciate this mold in basic bay or chestnut colour, but it was only available as an appaloosa or a yellow dun (which I allready had, but I sold it, I don't like these colours on this mold) and black LE WEG 2014. So I decided for this charming black lady, and I realized she is supposed to be a Hanoverian, what is my favourite breed.
Her black is solid (except for a star on her head), no sunburn or shading as on Andalusian. Maybe it isn't visible on the photo, but his coat looks more velvety thanks to that purple tones. But paintwork of the new mare is good, no overfilled eyes, no rubs, only hoofs could be painted more properly.

And now the gentleman, G4 Hanoverian stallion also sculpted by Jane Lunger. He is a bit more schematic, than my other SM, not so detailed. But still good proportions and movement, I like his elegant dressage pose. He is a bit wobbly, as he stands only on two legs and on a tip of the third, but luckily, mine doesn't need a coin to stand (only sometimes tends to fall). What he needs is to fix a big rub on his dock/upper tail.
He is retired since this year, so I'm happy I got him.  Wink
It seems one of my New Year's resolutions is to focus more on SM than on Schleichs Very Happy

Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: My first Breyer and other newcomers   Sat Jan 09, 2016 1:43 am

They're lovely I love you Boy, I really need that black WB!

You're lucky that your Dressage WB stands - I have three on the mold and none of them stand at all Rolling Eyes

onatello

PostSubject: Re: My first Breyer and other newcomers   Sat Jan 09, 2016 10:04 am

They're lovely I love you Boy, I really need that black WB!

You're lucky that your Dressage WB stands - I have three on the mold and none of them stand at all Rolling Eyes
Thank you, they're :-) I'm really happy he stands.
The WEG WB is still available on MPV, but I have no idea, how much is the postage to the USA. They also have the other WEG SM, I'm going to buy a bay one on Driving mold...

Back to top Go down
Drakulka

PostSubject: Re: My first Breyer and other newcomers   Thu Jan 14, 2016 5:47 pm

Lovely models [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]! Eberls Andy and the dressage horse are 2 of my favourites too! I've got a custom on the dressage mould - mine stands really well, but needs to be on a level surface and not be moved a lot, lol.
If you like Eberl's andy, you really need the mini Valegro too then! I am sure you will love him. he looks super detailed on the stock photos Breyer released. :)
My current mini's collection consist of around 30 horses and I really aim to get more this year :)

onatello

PostSubject: Re: My first Breyer and other newcomers   Fri Jan 15, 2016 12:46 pm

Lovely models [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]!  Eberls Andy and the dressage horse are 2 of my favourites too! I've got a custom on the dressage mould - mine stands really well, but needs to be on a level surface and not be moved a lot, lol.
If you like Eberl's andy, you really need the mini Valegro too then! I am sure you will love him. he looks super detailed on the stock photos Breyer released. :)
My current mini's collection consist of around 30 horses and I really aim to get more this year :)
Thank you :-) The Andy and the Dressage Hanoverian were my most wanted SM. But I also like my others SM, and the SM collection in general - they are lovely, tiny, but still realistic and in many poses and colours. I wanna have one from each colour and body type. That mini Valegro is definitely on my wishlist, and I'm thinking of the big one as well ;-)

Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: My first Breyer and other newcomers   Fri Jan 15, 2016 2:35 pm

I have both the Trad and SM Valegros, I highly recommend them both Very Happy

Carola

Country/State : Denmark

PostSubject: Re: My first Breyer and other newcomers   Fri Jan 15, 2016 7:51 pm

Love your stablemates Onatello Very Happy The hanoverian stallion has such a lovely shading.

Ooh, you have photos of mini Valegro? bounce bounce

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: My first Breyer and other newcomers   Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:27 pm

Ooh, you have photos of mini Valegro? bounce bounce

If I can gather up the ambition I will take some tonight Very Happy

onatello

PostSubject: Re: My first Breyer and other newcomers   Fri Jan 15, 2016 10:05 pm

Thank you, Carola :)
Congrats, LeeAnn, to your Valegro duo and thanks for recommending them. I'm also very curios how the SM Valegro looks in real, so I'm looking forward to your photos Wink Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Drakulka

PostSubject: Re: My first Breyer and other newcomers   Sun Jan 17, 2016 2:34 pm

:O I am super jelly! I've only got the traditional version, but got the mini on preorder! Very Happy
Also...PHOTOS, please! Very Happy

onatello

PostSubject: Re: My first Breyer and other newcomers   Sat Feb 06, 2016 9:47 pm

Hello, I have some news :-) 
I got some extra scholarship for my activities at the university, plus I passed English exam, so I gave a reward to myself.
Puzzle with SM, cause it was in sale for half price and Classics Dartmoors. I claimed several times, that I have no space for big horses, but they are just ponies :-D and I thought it would be nice to have some sculpts from Brigitte Eberl in various scales. 

First the SM. Breyer is typical (and very good) in production of spotted horses, so it's nice to have one. Her spots are eye-catching, very carefully painted:

And now the Classics:
Gentle and calm mare coming home from pastures with her son trotting around. Both are very nicely sculpted, I'm not sure if they are correct Dartmoors, but I love them.

The mare has nice shading, her pose is very well caught, even each hip is in different height because of walk. Only the udder could be more detailed (it's just a sketch of an udder), and she has no chestnuts.
Thanks to the mane on the other side, you can have two different horses :-D 
Her head is lovely, isn't it?

And now the cute colt. (It's a boy, and he even has an anus, but same as his mother no chestnuts.)
Trot is my favourite equine movement, it's elegant and graceful. But I was afraid that he wouldn't stand properly. I didn't know they remolded him slightely, the right fore leg is now touching the ground, so he can trot happily everywhere (almost) :-D 
His structure is not so soft as the mum's, but I guess it's supposed to be a fluffy fur of a foal.
I really love his sweet face with a snip and the long foaly legs, thin but with strong joints. The lenght of his legs is almost the same as the mother's legs (what is typical for foals).
Sorry for so much photos, I'm just excited about them ;-)

Last edited by onatello on Sun Feb 07, 2016 10:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: My first Breyer and other newcomers   Sat Feb 06, 2016 11:14 pm

Congratulations! Love that SM Very Happy

The Hansel mold does have trouble standing - my TSC/Midstates SR model doesn't stand at all. My dartmoor is tippy but the bay pinto RR stands just fine. Still haven't gotten around to fixing them. Rolling Eyes

onatello

PostSubject: Re: My first Breyer and other newcomers   Sun Feb 07, 2016 10:39 pm

Congratulations! Love that SM Very Happy

The Hansel mold does have trouble standing - my TSC/Midstates SR model doesn't stand at all. My dartmoor is tippy but the bay pinto RR stands just fine. Still haven't gotten around to fixing them. Rolling Eyes

Thank you very much, LeeAnn. I also love the SM. (But as the Dartmoors are my first Classics, they got the attention  Very Happy )

I think the standing issues of Hansel are due to only three tips of hoofs touching the ground on former variant. I'm glad they sent me the newer one. (I asked them to check it, they were very helpful and checked about 10 boxes and chose this for me Wink )
By the way, the bay pinto one is probably my favourite colour on this mold.

Back to top Go down
onatello

PostSubject: Re: My first Breyer and other newcomers   Sun Feb 28, 2016 8:45 pm

Hello,
these are my February newcomers:
I found an advertisement with classic scale accessories, so I bought them for my Dartmoors:
I really like the idea of small accessories, so you can create your own small world. And those are very well done, the box is made of real wood, and the bag of feed is textile:

The girl, who was selling it offered me a Sm for a good price. So I got a new pinto. My first draft - American Spotted Draft mare on Belgian mold. I love this sculpt, with raised head and high-knee action.
But she has some scratches, and even broken ear :-( it's obvious, that it was broken before and glued, and due to shipping, it fell away again. It isn't visible in photos at all, but in real it is. So no more trades with young girls... 
Anyway, my three American girls look great together:

And there was one big positive thing with this deal: bonus she sent me - my first Mini Whinnie! I don't collect them, but it was very nice surprise, I didn't expected. According to IDYB it's a mustang on a cutting stock mare. She isn't supposed to be reared up, but has trouble standing on all four. Here she is posing with an American dime I found at hostel in Berlin, and with my another tiny (much detailed) horse from my childhood:

And now I had to learn philosophy for an exam in March (I hope I can reward myself with some new horses after it).

Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: My first Breyer and other newcomers   Sun Feb 28, 2016 9:50 pm

My micros on that mold don't stand right either Laughing One of this issues of the noodle-legs Rolling Eyes Still very cute though, I love that scale.

Trading is hard, you have to really trust your partner to follow through on their end. But at least you did receive the model - maybe you can repair or repaint him? Smile

Congrats on the new purchases nonetheless Wink

onatello

PostSubject: Re: My first Breyer and other newcomers   Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:23 pm

My micros on that mold don't stand right either Laughing One of this issues of the noodle-legs Rolling Eyes Still very cute though, I love that scale.

Trading is hard, you have to really trust your partner to follow through on their end. But at least you did receive the model - maybe you can repair or repaint him? Smile

Congrats on the new purchases nonetheless Wink
Thank you ;-) 
I understand, that it's diffucult to make them stand properly with those thin legs, especially in this dynamic pose, so I don't care, she is cute, and I'm actually thinking about getting more micros.
As for the SM, I have no experiences with repainting, and I love her spots...I had to fix the ear with hot melt glue gun, cause the previous glue didn't hold due to shipping. And I'm gonna hide the visible crack with some acrylics.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My first Breyer and other newcomers   

Back to top Go down

My first Breyer and other newcomers
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next