Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

My first Breyer and other newcomers

Go down 
+17
Songbird
Ana
Taos
Bloodrayne
Shanti
sortepletter
AkaiHawke
NightLioness
Tarunyada
Drakulka
Carola
Free Rein Studios
Wilorvise
SUSANNE
widukind
LeeAnn
costicuba
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

My first Breyer and other newcomers - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My first Breyer and other newcomers   My first Breyer and other newcomers - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 23, 2015 8:52 pm

Congrats again

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
onatello

onatello

Country/State : Czech Republic

PostSubject: Re: My first Breyer and other newcomers   My first Breyer and other newcomers - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 24, 2015 11:30 pm

widukind wrote:
Congrats again
Thank you  Wink

Ars Animalium on facebook
I am Ars Animalium on Insta
Back to top Go down
onatello

onatello

PostSubject: Re: My first Breyer and other newcomers   My first Breyer and other newcomers - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 27, 2015 3:30 pm

Horray, my new jewels from MPV arrived last weekend together with [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] by Bullyland. The bay one is G4 dressage Hanoverian, the black is LE (only 750 pcs) of G3 Cantering Warmblood for World Equestrian Games 2014 in Normandy. It is said on the box that it is also Hanoverian. So it was Hanoverian package cheers
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
I will add some photos of unpacked horses later Wink

Last edited by onatello on Sun Dec 27, 2015 3:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Wilorvise

Wilorvise

Country/State : Colorado, USA

PostSubject: Re: My first Breyer and other newcomers   My first Breyer and other newcomers - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 27, 2015 3:52 pm

Oh! Pretty! Congrats

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: My first Breyer and other newcomers   My first Breyer and other newcomers - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 27, 2015 9:29 pm

Love the WEG WB Very Happy Congrats!

onatello

PostSubject: Re: My first Breyer and other newcomers   My first Breyer and other newcomers - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 29, 2015 12:40 pm

Thank you Laura and LeeAnn. I was looking forward to Hanoverian, but it seems I love the Cantering WB more. I like this mold and the charcoal black is charming. I'm actually thinking about letting her in package, cause she could be priceless in original package one day...

Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: My first Breyer and other newcomers   My first Breyer and other newcomers - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 29, 2015 3:19 pm

To be honest with you she's worth a lot more out of the package. The longer the model is in the package the better chance it can get damaged, especially box rubs on the off side. People want the model out of the box so they can show it, and they want to see the other side of the model. What I did with my Foiled Again was sliced along the plastic bubble with an xacto knife to free the model but save the two pieces of the package. Then I just glued the bubble back onto the card. Saved the package but still took out the model so I could show him.

onatello

PostSubject: Re: My first Breyer and other newcomers   My first Breyer and other newcomers - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 29, 2015 3:50 pm

LeeAnn wrote:
To be honest with you she's worth a lot more out of the package. The longer the model is in the package the better chance it can get damaged, especially box rubs on the off side. People want the model out of the box so they can show it, and they want to see the other side of the model. What I did with my Foiled Again was sliced along the plastic bubble with an xacto knife to free the model but save the two pieces of the package. Then I just glued the bubble back onto the card. Saved the package but still took out the model so I could show him.
Oh, I see...thank you very much for useful information. So I will try to open it carefully ;-)

Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: My first Breyer and other newcomers   My first Breyer and other newcomers - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 29, 2015 4:18 pm

Happy to help! Free the pony! Wink

onatello

PostSubject: Re: My first Breyer and other newcomers   My first Breyer and other newcomers - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 08, 2016 10:46 pm

Hello,
finaly managed to take some photos of unpacked Hanoverians. I freed them even before New Year's Eve, but it was snowing and freazing outside so I couldn't take good photos, I tried to take some inside...

Ladies first. It's G3 mold by Jane Lunger. I love this mold, lovely head, nice pose, very natural and graceful. I would really appreciate this mold in basic bay or chestnut colour, but it was only available as an appaloosa or a yellow dun (which I allready had, but I sold it, I don't like these colours on this mold) and black LE WEG 2014. So I decided for this charming black lady, and I realized she is supposed to be a Hanoverian, what is my favourite breed.
Her black is solid (except for a star on her head), no sunburn or shading as on Andalusian. Maybe it isn't visible on the photo, but his coat looks more velvety thanks to that purple tones. But paintwork of the new mare is good, no overfilled eyes, no rubs, only hoofs could be painted more properly.

And now the gentleman, G4 Hanoverian stallion also sculpted by Jane Lunger. He is a bit more schematic, than my other SM, not so detailed. But still good proportions and movement, I like his elegant dressage pose. He is a bit wobbly, as he stands only on two legs and on a tip of the third, but luckily, mine doesn't need a coin to stand (only sometimes tends to fall). What he needs is to fix a big rub on his dock/upper tail.
He is retired since this year, so I'm happy I got him.  Wink
It seems one of my New Year's resolutions is to focus more on SM than on Schleichs Very Happy

Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: My first Breyer and other newcomers   My first Breyer and other newcomers - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 09, 2016 1:43 am

They're lovely I love you Boy, I really need that black WB!

You're lucky that your Dressage WB stands - I have three on the mold and none of them stand at all Rolling Eyes

onatello

PostSubject: Re: My first Breyer and other newcomers   My first Breyer and other newcomers - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 09, 2016 10:04 am

LeeAnn wrote:
They're lovely I love you Boy, I really need that black WB!

You're lucky that your Dressage WB stands - I have three on the mold and none of them stand at all Rolling Eyes
Thank you, they're :-) I'm really happy he stands.
The WEG WB is still available on MPV, but I have no idea, how much is the postage to the USA. They also have the other WEG SM, I'm going to buy a bay one on Driving mold...

Back to top Go down
Drakulka

Drakulka

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: My first Breyer and other newcomers   My first Breyer and other newcomers - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 14, 2016 5:47 pm

Lovely models [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]! Eberls Andy and the dressage horse are 2 of my favourites too! I've got a custom on the dressage mould - mine stands really well, but needs to be on a level surface and not be moved a lot, lol.
If you like Eberl's andy, you really need the mini Valegro too then! I am sure you will love him. he looks super detailed on the stock photos Breyer released. :)
My current mini's collection consist of around 30 horses and I really aim to get more this year :)

onatello

onatello

PostSubject: Re: My first Breyer and other newcomers   My first Breyer and other newcomers - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 15, 2016 12:46 pm

Drakulka wrote:
Lovely models [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]!  Eberls Andy and the dressage horse are 2 of my favourites too! I've got a custom on the dressage mould - mine stands really well, but needs to be on a level surface and not be moved a lot, lol.
If you like Eberl's andy, you really need the mini Valegro too then! I am sure you will love him. he looks super detailed on the stock photos Breyer released. :)
My current mini's collection consist of around 30 horses and I really aim to get more this year :)
Thank you :-) The Andy and the Dressage Hanoverian were my most wanted SM. But I also like my others SM, and the SM collection in general - they are lovely, tiny, but still realistic and in many poses and colours. I wanna have one from each colour and body type. That mini Valegro is definitely on my wishlist, and I'm thinking of the big one as well ;-)

Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: My first Breyer and other newcomers   My first Breyer and other newcomers - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 15, 2016 2:35 pm

I have both the Trad and SM Valegros, I highly recommend them both Very Happy

Carola

Country/State : Denmark

PostSubject: Re: My first Breyer and other newcomers   My first Breyer and other newcomers - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 15, 2016 7:51 pm

Love your stablemates Onatello Very Happy The hanoverian stallion has such a lovely shading.

LeeAnn wrote:

Ooh, you have photos of mini Valegro? bounce bounce

LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: My first Breyer and other newcomers   My first Breyer and other newcomers - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 15, 2016 8:27 pm

Carola wrote:
Ooh, you have photos of mini Valegro? bounce bounce

If I can gather up the ambition I will take some tonight Very Happy

onatello

PostSubject: Re: My first Breyer and other newcomers   My first Breyer and other newcomers - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 15, 2016 10:05 pm

Thank you, Carola :)
Congrats, LeeAnn, to your Valegro duo and thanks for recommending them. I'm also very curios how the SM Valegro looks in real, so I'm looking forward to your photos Wink Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Drakulka

Drakulka

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: My first Breyer and other newcomers   My first Breyer and other newcomers - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 17, 2016 2:34 pm

:O I am super jelly! I've only got the traditional version, but got the mini on preorder! Very Happy
Also...PHOTOS, please! Very Happy
LeeAnn wrote:

onatello

onatello

PostSubject: Re: My first Breyer and other newcomers   My first Breyer and other newcomers - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 06, 2016 9:47 pm

Hello, I have some news :-) 
I got some extra scholarship for my activities at the university, plus I passed English exam, so I gave a reward to myself.
Puzzle with SM, cause it was in sale for half price and Classics Dartmoors. I claimed several times, that I have no space for big horses, but they are just ponies :-D and I thought it would be nice to have some sculpts from Brigitte Eberl in various scales. 

First the SM. Breyer is typical (and very good) in production of spotted horses, so it's nice to have one. Her spots are eye-catching, very carefully painted:

And now the Classics:
Gentle and calm mare coming home from pastures with her son trotting around. Both are very nicely sculpted, I'm not sure if they are correct Dartmoors, but I love them.

The mare has nice shading, her pose is very well caught, even each hip is in different height because of walk. Only the udder could be more detailed (it's just a sketch of an udder), and she has no chestnuts.
Thanks to the mane on the other side, you can have two different horses :-D 
Her head is lovely, isn't it?

And now the cute colt. (It's a boy, and he even has an anus, but same as his mother no chestnuts.)
Trot is my favourite equine movement, it's elegant and graceful. But I was afraid that he wouldn't stand properly. I didn't know they remolded him slightely, the right fore leg is now touching the ground, so he can trot happily everywhere (almost) :-D 
His structure is not so soft as the mum's, but I guess it's supposed to be a fluffy fur of a foal.
I really love his sweet face with a snip and the long foaly legs, thin but with strong joints. The lenght of his legs is almost the same as the mother's legs (what is typical for foals).
Sorry for so much photos, I'm just excited about them ;-)

Last edited by onatello on Sun Feb 07, 2016 10:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: My first Breyer and other newcomers   My first Breyer and other newcomers - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 06, 2016 11:14 pm

Congratulations! Love that SM Very Happy

The Hansel mold does have trouble standing - my TSC/Midstates SR model doesn't stand at all. My dartmoor is tippy but the bay pinto RR stands just fine. Still haven't gotten around to fixing them. Rolling Eyes

onatello

PostSubject: Re: My first Breyer and other newcomers   My first Breyer and other newcomers - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 07, 2016 10:39 pm

LeeAnn wrote:
Congratulations! Love that SM Very Happy

The Hansel mold does have trouble standing - my TSC/Midstates SR model doesn't stand at all. My dartmoor is tippy but the bay pinto RR stands just fine. Still haven't gotten around to fixing them. Rolling Eyes

Thank you very much, LeeAnn. I also love the SM. (But as the Dartmoors are my first Classics, they got the attention  Very Happy )

I think the standing issues of Hansel are due to only three tips of hoofs touching the ground on former variant. I'm glad they sent me the newer one. (I asked them to check it, they were very helpful and checked about 10 boxes and chose this for me Wink )
By the way, the bay pinto one is probably my favourite colour on this mold.

Back to top Go down
onatello

onatello

PostSubject: Re: My first Breyer and other newcomers   My first Breyer and other newcomers - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 28, 2016 8:45 pm

Hello,
these are my February newcomers:
I found an advertisement with classic scale accessories, so I bought them for my Dartmoors:
I really like the idea of small accessories, so you can create your own small world. And those are very well done, the box is made of real wood, and the bag of feed is textile:

The girl, who was selling it offered me a Sm for a good price. So I got a new pinto. My first draft - American Spotted Draft mare on Belgian mold. I love this sculpt, with raised head and high-knee action.
But she has some scratches, and even broken ear :-( it's obvious, that it was broken before and glued, and due to shipping, it fell away again. It isn't visible in photos at all, but in real it is. So no more trades with young girls... 
Anyway, my three American girls look great together:

And there was one big positive thing with this deal: bonus she sent me - my first Mini Whinnie! I don't collect them, but it was very nice surprise, I didn't expected. According to IDYB it's a mustang on a cutting stock mare. She isn't supposed to be reared up, but has trouble standing on all four. Here she is posing with an American dime I found at hostel in Berlin, and with my another tiny (much detailed) horse from my childhood:

And now I had to learn philosophy for an exam in March (I hope I can reward myself with some new horses after it).

Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: My first Breyer and other newcomers   My first Breyer and other newcomers - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 28, 2016 9:50 pm

My micros on that mold don't stand right either Laughing One of this issues of the noodle-legs Rolling Eyes Still very cute though, I love that scale.

Trading is hard, you have to really trust your partner to follow through on their end. But at least you did receive the model - maybe you can repair or repaint him? Smile

Congrats on the new purchases nonetheless Wink

onatello

PostSubject: Re: My first Breyer and other newcomers   My first Breyer and other newcomers - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 28, 2016 11:23 pm

LeeAnn wrote:
My micros on that mold don't stand right either Laughing One of this issues of the noodle-legs Rolling Eyes Still very cute though, I love that scale.

Trading is hard, you have to really trust your partner to follow through on their end. But at least you did receive the model - maybe you can repair or repaint him? Smile

Congrats on the new purchases nonetheless Wink
Thank you ;-) 
I understand, that it's diffucult to make them stand properly with those thin legs, especially in this dynamic pose, so I don't care, she is cute, and I'm actually thinking about getting more micros.
As for the SM, I have no experiences with repainting, and I love her spots...I had to fix the ear with hot melt glue gun, cause the previous glue didn't hold due to shipping. And I'm gonna hide the visible crack with some acrylics.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My first Breyer and other newcomers   My first Breyer and other newcomers - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

My first Breyer and other newcomers
Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next