Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

My first Breyer and other newcomers

Go down 
+17
Songbird
Ana
Taos
Bloodrayne
Shanti
sortepletter
AkaiHawke
NightLioness
Tarunyada
Drakulka
Carola
Free Rein Studios
Wilorvise
SUSANNE
widukind
LeeAnn
costicuba
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

My first Breyer and other newcomers - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My first Breyer and other newcomers   My first Breyer and other newcomers - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 29, 2016 9:36 am

Congratulations

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
onatello

onatello

Country/State : Czech Republic

PostSubject: Re: My first Breyer and other newcomers   My first Breyer and other newcomers - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 29, 2016 8:22 pm

widukind wrote:
Congratulations
Thank you

Ars Animalium on facebook
I am Ars Animalium on Insta
Back to top Go down
onatello

onatello

PostSubject: Re: My first Breyer and other newcomers   My first Breyer and other newcomers - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 09, 2016 9:28 pm

Hello,
around half of March, I've passed the philosophy exam, so I reward myself with new SM:
Best of British set, thanks to it I have G1 SM mold, Pony Gals Hanoverian, another LE for WEG '14 and mini Valegro. He is tiny compared to the other warmbloods. I'm so excited, I will add some unpacked photos later.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by onatello on Sat Apr 09, 2016 11:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tarunyada

Tarunyada

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: My first Breyer and other newcomers   My first Breyer and other newcomers - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 09, 2016 11:01 pm

I don't collect horse figurines anymore, but that Best of British boxset is really tempting.. Congratulations with your additions! cheers And of course congratulations as well for passing your exam Wink

Back to top Go down
http://tarunyada.weebly.com/
onatello

onatello

PostSubject: Re: My first Breyer and other newcomers   My first Breyer and other newcomers - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 10, 2016 1:37 am

Tarunyada wrote:
I don't collect horse figurines anymore, but that Best of British boxset is really tempting.. Congratulations with your additions! cheers And of course congratulations as well for passing your exam Wink
Thank you very much, Julie. The British set is definitely tempting, I'm happy I have it. And I'm also happy I've passed the exam ;-)

Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: My first Breyer and other newcomers   My first Breyer and other newcomers - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 10, 2016 2:13 pm

They are lovely, congratulations! cheers

Congrats on passing the exam as well Very Happy

NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: My first Breyer and other newcomers   My first Breyer and other newcomers - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 10, 2016 2:49 pm

Passing an exam is a really good thing to buy yourself a present Very Happy
And what a present!

I lie the one in the green packing Very Happy
Congrats Very Happy

widukind

PostSubject: Re: My first Breyer and other newcomers   My first Breyer and other newcomers - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 10, 2016 7:02 pm

cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
onatello

onatello

PostSubject: Re: My first Breyer and other newcomers   My first Breyer and other newcomers - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 11, 2016 9:50 pm

Thank you very much, LeeAnn, Karin and Andreas. :-)

Back to top Go down
AkaiHawke

AkaiHawke

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: My first Breyer and other newcomers   My first Breyer and other newcomers - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 24, 2016 5:08 pm

thanks to your photo's, i now see how beautiful stablemates actually are! Surprised
makes me consider getting some stablemates for myself... scratch Very Happy
Back to top Go down
onatello

onatello

PostSubject: Re: My first Breyer and other newcomers   My first Breyer and other newcomers - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 24, 2016 11:46 pm

AkaiHawke wrote:
thanks to your photo's, i now see how beautiful stablemates actually are! Surprised
makes me consider getting some stablemates for myself... scratch Very Happy

They are really beautiful. Good luck with getting some, I'm sure you won't regret Wink

Back to top Go down
onatello

onatello

PostSubject: Re: My first Breyer and other newcomers   My first Breyer and other newcomers - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 25, 2016 12:32 am

I'm too busy and lazy to get photos of the unpacked SM, so here are at least my April additions:
My first CM, I bought it on model horse show, it's repainted by the organizator of the show. She is one of the best Czech CM makers. I chose this micro mini cause I love the mold, it has nice head-shape and dynamic pose. I also like palominos. (I know they aren't supposed to have blue eyes, but the girl is famous with the blue-eyed CM and the tiny pupil is adorable):

And I found one Czech eshop, with Cozmic One on Gilen mold... I was thinking of him about a month..cause "I don't have enough space for big horses" and I'm not a fan of race horses. But it's one of the Breyer's best foals and I want to have my first Traditional horse by Eberl. So I bought him. And he was the last in the eshop, so it was such a luck. He is stunning dark bay (in real like a chocolate, he is a bit purple on my photo) and stands perfectly despite only three tips of his hooves are touching the ground. I really love him.

Last edited by onatello on Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: My first Breyer and other newcomers   My first Breyer and other newcomers - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 25, 2016 8:53 am

WOW ! That Cozmic One is wonderful ! drunken  Eberl is a unique artist cheers

I love that palomino foal also ! Very Happy

onatello

onatello

PostSubject: Re: My first Breyer and other newcomers   My first Breyer and other newcomers - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 25, 2016 9:06 am

SUSANNE wrote:
WOW ! That Cozmic One is wonderful ! drunken  Eberl is a unique artist cheers

I love that palomino foal also ! Very Happy

Thank you Susanne, yes, he is wonderful :-) And Brigitte Eberl is definitely amazing artist, I love her sculpts.

Back to top Go down
onatello

onatello

PostSubject: Re: My first Breyer and other newcomers   My first Breyer and other newcomers - Page 3 EmptyMon May 16, 2016 12:47 pm

Hurray, I got new camera, so I finally forced myself to take photos of unpacked SM. I hope I will be able to take qualite photos now Wink
Here we go.

First, my most wanted SM from the haul: "Mini Blueberry" - Valegro. New mold by Jeniffer Scott, there were walkaround by LeeAnn, so let me just share impressions from personal meeting. I really like they released him on new mold, which is detailed and nicely sculpted, but as everything has pros and cons.
I like how his head, neck and hidquarters are sculpted, the movement of piaffe is very well done, also the tail is elegant. They didn't forget to add his belly spot. He is smaller with thiner legs compared to other warmblood SM. But his legs is what I dislike on him. They seem way too small, mostly the hoofs, they just aren't developed. Also the right fore leg (the flexed one) looks short from the left side of view. Here is comparison with my other dressage SM. He is more detailed than the Hanoverian by Jane Lunger, but not as beautiful as Andalusian by Brigitte Eberl:

Second is the Holsteiner mare on Driving mold by Jane Lunger, it's my second LE for WEG 2014.
Big framed mare (actually bigger than Clydesdale) with strong legs. She's a bit schematic, but I really like her colours, the markings on legs are done more properly than on
most of SM. And she has golden undertones, so she is shiny. I called her Radiance. Compared to the first LE black Hanoverian mare.

Last warmblood, pony gals Hanoverian on G2 SM mold by Kathleen Moody. Well, I'm not a fan of Moody's schematic molds, I just bought him because he is Hanoverian and because I haven't grey SM before. This colour fits to the mold in my opinion. Compared with other Hanoverians.

And now, the tempting British set.
First is Suffolk Punch mare on G1 mold by Maureen Love. I'm really happy I have at least one G1 mold. It was sclupted in 1976, so the mold is even older than me! It is of course very schematic, or even plain, but definitely with vintage charm. I called her Apricot, cause she is so rounded and orange Very Happy

Second draught horse is the Clydesdale by Kathleen Moody. Another schematic mold, I like him least from the set. He should be bigger, and his head could be more convex and massive. But this dark bay colour really fits to the mold.

The Shetland pony is also made by Kathleen Moody, her style is recognizable, but this little guy trotting with proudly raised head is really cute, especially in this skewbald/bay tobiano colour:

Last, but not least is the Highland pony by Jane Lunger, dapple rose grey variant in set. I really like this mold, she is tiny but still nicely sculpted. I already had a dun one on this mold, but I sold it. Now, I don't understand why. This dapple one is also nice, she looks very gentle, but she has overfilled eyes.

And just two better photos of Coz, one with halter I made for him:

Last edited by onatello on Mon May 16, 2016 1:34 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: My first Breyer and other newcomers   My first Breyer and other newcomers - Page 3 EmptyMon May 16, 2016 1:21 pm

Congrats

Back to top Go down
Wilorvise

Wilorvise

Country/State : Colorado, USA

PostSubject: Re: My first Breyer and other newcomers   My first Breyer and other newcomers - Page 3 EmptyMon May 16, 2016 3:39 pm

Congrats!

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: My first Breyer and other newcomers   My first Breyer and other newcomers - Page 3 EmptyMon May 16, 2016 5:14 pm

So many beautiful horses and gorgeous photos!

onatello

PostSubject: Re: My first Breyer and other newcomers   My first Breyer and other newcomers - Page 3 EmptyTue May 17, 2016 10:41 am

Thank you very much, Andreas, Laura and LeeAnn, I'm happy you like my photos Very Happy

Back to top Go down
onatello

onatello

PostSubject: Re: My first Breyer and other newcomers   My first Breyer and other newcomers - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 19, 2016 12:13 am

Hi,
June was pretty hectic (because of school) and not very positive, but I successfully finished first year of my studies. So I gave a big reward to myself. Really big, as it's a Foalzilla! And SM painting kit.

She is my first glossy, and I really love the sculpt by Kity Cantrell. And also first overo in my collection.
And she is really huge, she can wear halters made for adult traditionals. I will make a walkaround and size comparison of these unique big little girl Wink

Back to top Go down
sortepletter

sortepletter

Country/State : Niedersachsen Germany

PostSubject: Re: My first Breyer and other newcomers   My first Breyer and other newcomers - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 19, 2016 1:52 am

Your photos are really fantastic! Applause And the "Foalzilla" is too cute. Is she really so big? A comparison photo would be great if you find the time
Back to top Go down
onatello

onatello

PostSubject: Re: My first Breyer and other newcomers   My first Breyer and other newcomers - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 19, 2016 8:57 am

sortepletter wrote:
Your photos are really fantastic!  Applause And the "Foalzilla" is too cute. Is she really so big? A comparison photo would be great if you find the time
Thank you cheers There will be walkaround and size comparison tomorrow, I had to adjust photos.

Back to top Go down
Shanti

Shanti

PostSubject: Re: My first Breyer and other newcomers   My first Breyer and other newcomers - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 19, 2016 2:37 pm

Great photos of your collection!! Shocked Applause
Back to top Go down
onatello

onatello

PostSubject: Re: My first Breyer and other newcomers   My first Breyer and other newcomers - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 19, 2016 6:49 pm

Shanti wrote:
Great photos of your collection!! Shocked Applause
Oh, thank you very much Shanti. cheers

Back to top Go down
onatello

onatello

PostSubject: Re: My first Breyer and other newcomers   My first Breyer and other newcomers - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 20, 2016 10:43 pm

Hi,
after I've gone crazy and bought a Foalzilla, I'm back with my favourite scale - Stablemates (and few Mini Whinnies).
Around the half of August, I visited Prague, our capital, where new huge toy store called Hamleys was open. It is REALLY huge, two floors with atractions such as a carousel and a tobogan. I went there cause I've heard they're selling Breyers. They had them, but I was quite dissapointed as they were expensive. They mostly had Classics, and Traditional Best of British series (as it is a British store). I thought they could have Blueberry, he is kinda "best of British" isn't he? I would really like to handpick him. But no Valegro or any other Eberl's mold.
I hope at least for some SM sets with mystery foals, mostly for those with Dungaree or Indigo. Unfortunately they had only some of 2015 singles. So I bought dun Highland pony, which I allready had, and selled (much cheaper than I bought at Hamleys'). But it was a year ago, before I've decided to start a SM collection. At least I could handpick one with nice painting. And I got also two blindbags with Mini Whinnies:

In the first bag, there was a chestnut blanket Appaloosa on cantering Morgan mare:
I like the mold as well as the colour, though she has some tiny flaws. She will stay OF.

In the other one, there was a palomino QH:
Mold is nice, but his painting is awful, one eye overfilled, the other one is much smaller with a rub, so he will be repainted to a buttermilk buckskin overo.

And now the dun pony:
She is just gorgeous! Mold is beautiful (but it could be heavier for a Highland pony) and I absolutely love the typical dun colour.
I hope she will be succesful in show ring. Here she is compared to my other Highland pony. I love them both, the grey one looks gentle, but the new one has better eyes and paintjob in general.

And at the end of August, together with Bullyland El Santo, Safari Arabian mare and some CollectAs I got this gentle giants set from MPV:

I purchased it mostly because of Friesian and the drafter in upper line:
I'm happy I finally have the Friesian mold by Jane Lunger. He has the typical long head of Friesians and is sculpted in a characteristic long trot. Thanks to the tail which is touching a ground, he has even two legs in the air. He is the fifth Friesian in my collection, but the first of a heavy type.

Second horse I really love is this sorrel Belgian on a drafter (aka vaulting) mold:
He has a beautiful massive head, typical for a drafter, with lot of details. On IDYB there is a question mark with Kathleen Moody as a sculptor. If he is really sculpted by Moody, he is her best SM mold I guess.

The only lady in a set: a dark dapple grey Percheron on a Belgian mold:
At first, I didn't like the painting, but I got used to it very quickly, it reminds me of a marble, and it gives her an old-fashioned look. I allready have a pinto on this mold:
Aren't they divas? But as the pinto one has scratches and broken ear, only the Percheron can be my show-girl in a drafter class.

Last horse is Moody's clydesdale in red roan. I'm not a fan of this mold and colour, the dark bay variant fits to the mold better in my opinion. But they look nice playing together:

And finally, my very first Peter Stone horse, Chip (similar to SM) Jade Morgan from gem stone series:
I like the sculpt, he has really nice head with realistic expression, and thin legs (which could be thicker actually). He was sculpted by Kitty Cantrell, who sculpted most of Stones, and also some Breyers - for example my Foalzilla. As for the colour...well it's interesting in a way, and the idea of gem stones is nice, as these horses are kinda jewels. But I'm not a fan of decorators. I bought him because he was the only one for reasonable price, and he will be repainted to a bay.

Thanks for your attention, I hope you're not exhausted by this long post Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My first Breyer and other newcomers   My first Breyer and other newcomers - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

My first Breyer and other newcomers
Page 3 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next