Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

My first Breyer and other newcomers

Go down 
+17
Songbird
Ana
Taos
Bloodrayne
Shanti
sortepletter
AkaiHawke
NightLioness
Tarunyada
Drakulka
Carola
Free Rein Studios
Wilorvise
SUSANNE
widukind
LeeAnn
costicuba
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
onatello

onatello

Country/State : Czech Republic

My first Breyer and other newcomers - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My first Breyer and other newcomers   My first Breyer and other newcomers - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 13, 2016 12:40 am

Oops, I did again...I got another big foal Very Happy
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
It's no. 1366 Creamsicle, palomino pinto on Clydesdale foal mold by Chris Hess, which was introduced in 1969. So the mold is very old. I always wanted some vintage Breyer mold, and the previous owner sold it for very good price.
It's a cute chubby girl, I like spotted horses and combination with palomino colour makes an unusual horse from her. I will show her as a (North) American Spotted Draft.
Lovely face, and a handmade halter I won on my first Live Show fits her very well (not only the size, but also the colour).

She is in very good condition, without rubs or scratches, but it seems to me her basic white colour is a bit yellowish. Here compared with Foalzilla, whose white is just bright. (just a mobile phone photo and please ignore the dust on the desk Very Happy )

Together with this traditional foal, I purchased an unpainted SM shetland for my experiments with repainting (SM activity painting kit from summer is still waiting to be painted Very Happy ).

I have feeling that this is not the last big horse in my collection, because Christmas is coming...and a package from MPV as well Very Happy

Ars Animalium on facebook
I am Ars Animalium on Insta
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: My first Breyer and other newcomers   My first Breyer and other newcomers - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 14, 2016 3:42 pm

I love this model, and the mold Wink I have an original bay on this mold I've been trying to sell... Wink

Congrats! She is gorgeous I love you

Bloodrayne

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: My first Breyer and other newcomers   My first Breyer and other newcomers - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 14, 2016 6:09 pm

I find the off-white more natural looking than the bright white.
But that's just my opinion. sunny
It's a lovely foal for sure. She looks very pretty and self-assured.
Very nice halter as well.

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: My first Breyer and other newcomers   My first Breyer and other newcomers - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 14, 2016 8:19 pm

Bloodrayne wrote:
I find the off-white more natural looking than the bright white.
But that's just my opinion. sunny ......

I agree, -  the bright white is perfect for the new borne foal , but they never stay so white for very long. Anyone who has had a white horse will know what I talk about   Laughing

onatello

onatello

PostSubject: Re: My first Breyer and other newcomers   My first Breyer and other newcomers - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 14, 2016 9:41 pm

Thank you ladies Very Happy
I see what you mean with the unnatural bright white. It's ok on Foalzilla, what is a very young foal, but this older one is better as it is.

Back to top Go down
onatello

onatello

PostSubject: Re: My first Breyer and other newcomers   My first Breyer and other newcomers - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 21, 2016 11:02 pm

Hi,
at the end of November the commissioned repaints of some additions from Agust have arrived.
MW palomino Quarter from blindbag is now the buttermilk buckskin minimal overo paint (based on my reference sketches)
I love his asymetric face from frontal view, and here is my miniherd of Mini Whinnies, OF girls and CM boys. I definitely have to get more of them Wink

The second commissioned repaint was the green Jade Morgan to a stunning bay:

I'm excited how the repaint turned out, cause I love bays and this colour highlights the qualities of a sculpt:

And the precisely painted eyes with an amber reflections are just adorable:

Together with them the artist offered me a repaint of Schleich Percheron mare, beautiful mealy bay, you can see her in my Schleich thread Wink

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: My first Breyer and other newcomers   My first Breyer and other newcomers - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 21, 2016 11:17 pm

Ohhh! Such tiny beauties cheers

I don't understand how anybody can make such small items so perfect , WOW !!!! Applause Applause

onatello

onatello

PostSubject: Re: My first Breyer and other newcomers   My first Breyer and other newcomers - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 21, 2016 11:25 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
Ohhh! Such tiny beauties cheers

I don't understand how anybody can make such small items so perfect , WOW !!!! Applause Applause

Me too! I just don't get it scratch but it's definitely awesome that there's someone who can make it and who is sharing her art with other collectors Wink

Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: My first Breyer and other newcomers   My first Breyer and other newcomers - Page 4 EmptyThu Dec 22, 2016 12:26 am

They are beautiful! Congratulations Very Happy

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: My first Breyer and other newcomers   My first Breyer and other newcomers - Page 4 EmptyFri Dec 23, 2016 4:57 pm

This is my version of the foal! Smile

onatello

PostSubject: Re: My first Breyer and other newcomers   My first Breyer and other newcomers - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 25, 2016 10:49 am

Thank you, LeeAnn Very Happy
That is also very nice Spotted Draft foal, interesting pattern Wink

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: My first Breyer and other newcomers   My first Breyer and other newcomers - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 25, 2016 11:36 am

Taylor : What a lovely foal there ! With "cat-paws" too Very Happy

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: My first Breyer and other newcomers   My first Breyer and other newcomers - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 25, 2016 1:26 pm

Congrats Taylor :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
onatello

onatello

PostSubject: Re: My first Breyer and other newcomers   My first Breyer and other newcomers - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 20, 2017 11:08 pm

Hi,
last year was for me, as for a collector, very successful. I got many beautiful additions.
I was planning to add Traditional Valegro, it would be pretty symbolic to get him in the year of his triumph in Rio and in the year of his retirement from competition. But the only official Czech seller of Breyer still does not have 2016 novelties in store (actually, seems to me like they're quiting the importing new horses). So I've changed my mind, and purchased another famous dressage horse by Eberl from MPV - outstanding Totilas, cause he should be retired from Breyer collection since 2017.

I'm super excited about this amazing and detailed sculpt, the movement looks alive. He is big and quite heavy, but Foalzilla is still little bit higher!

He is solid black, what could seem plain on less detailed horse, but he doesn't need shading, as he is full of details and areas providing lot of shades and reflections. He looks like monumental bronh statue.

And just few shots of his magnificent head. I especially love it from this side:

From the other side the eye white is little bit bigger than necessarily:

The details, the wrinkles, the concentrated and slightly sad expression, the wide open nostrils...He will definitely appear in my drawings.

BUT, after unboxing him, I was studying more infrormations about him. I had known before, that he is KWPN (Royal Dutch Warmblood) by Trakehner stallion Gribaldi, Toto's grandad was famous Trakehner Kostolany. And I had known he was ridden by Edward Gal and later sold to Germany. What I didn't know is that he was trained and succesful thanks (or rather due) to controversal rollkur, known aldo as low, deep and round, or hyperflexion of the neck. It made me quite sad, that by purchasing him I kinda supported this abusing method. Maybe, that's why the model has a sad expression, cause these horses are often mentally broken Embarassed
So I will treat my Toto, who is my first Traditional adult horse. As you can see, I bought this realistic rambo blanket for him, to prevent cold (and mostly dusting Very Happy ). He will also get a handmade halter and riding tack.

And he will also get some friends, cause today I've ordered Fantasia Del C and Gozosa! Traditional Andalusian mare and foal by Eberl from this year Wink

Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: My first Breyer and other newcomers   My first Breyer and other newcomers - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 21, 2017 4:37 am

Congrats!

Wilorvise

Country/State : Colorado, USA

PostSubject: Re: My first Breyer and other newcomers   My first Breyer and other newcomers - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 21, 2017 5:38 am

Congrats on your newest addition. :)

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: My first Breyer and other newcomers   My first Breyer and other newcomers - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 21, 2017 2:40 pm

That is pehaps the most beautyful Breyer horse at all drunken

Congratulations !! And thankyou for the gorgeous pictures Applause

onatello

onatello

PostSubject: Re: My first Breyer and other newcomers   My first Breyer and other newcomers - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 22, 2017 10:48 am

Thank you, LeeAnn, Laura and Susanne! cheers
I dare to agree, he is the most elegant and beautiful Breyer, at least for me Wink

Back to top Go down
onatello

onatello

PostSubject: Re: My first Breyer and other newcomers   My first Breyer and other newcomers - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 25, 2017 1:43 am

Toto was last model that arrived in 2016, but during Christmas holiday I found an advertisement with this handsome guy, who arrived few days after New Year:

It's Classic, Fun Days limited edition from 2010, oficially called Onyx - his colour reminds the mineral, to support that, he is glossy.

Though I prefer matte finish, cause it's more realistic, there can be some expections. First was Camila, and second is Onyx, his glossy appearance definitely enchanted me.

He is supposed to be a black going grey, so he has some lighter grey tones here and there (tail, mane, flanks/hips), his face is light with dark marking on forehead. Mine has blurry marking, more like a map.

The mold is "Show Arabian" originally released with mohair mane and tail, later models plastic ones were added. So the mane looks like separate layer of plastic glued to the body, what looks realistic, just a thick mane lying on his neck.

Previous owner took care of him very well, he has no rubs or scratches, he was only a bit dusty (he is a dustcatcher, on that dark gloss surface every single piece of dust is visible.)
His eye-whites are accurate, not oozing out of eyes as on many Breyers, but just delicate crescent, helping to define the eyes in dark face and giving him a curious and vital expression.

I also love his dished face and long elegant neck (in our country, we call this type of neck "swan neck")

He is my first Breyer Arabian, I'm not focused much on them, but I definitely love him.

Last edited by onatello on Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: My first Breyer and other newcomers   My first Breyer and other newcomers - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 25, 2017 2:09 am

I always had a soft spot for this one Very Happy I hate this mold with mohair but the molded mane/tail looks great!

onatello

PostSubject: Re: My first Breyer and other newcomers   My first Breyer and other newcomers - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 25, 2017 10:46 am

LeeAnn wrote:
I always had a soft spot for this one Very Happy I hate this mold with mohair but the molded mane/tail looks great!

Definitely! I also dislike the mohair variants, and whole Best In Show collection in general, only the Thorougbred with braided mane and tail looks quite real.

Back to top Go down
onatello

onatello

PostSubject: Re: My first Breyer and other newcomers   My first Breyer and other newcomers - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 27, 2017 9:08 pm

Onyx was modelhorse number 111 in my collection, and yesterday, models number 112 and 113 have arrived! Fantastic Fantasia with adorable foal, who is actually "GozosO" instead of "GozosA", as Breyer haven't resculpted the original male of the mold. I love them, happy to have Eberl's Andalusians.
I will add some unpacked photos later.

Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: My first Breyer and other newcomers   My first Breyer and other newcomers - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 28, 2017 2:13 am

Congrats! I'd love to have the foal but not keen on the mare - is she bare plastic or basecoated white?

onatello

PostSubject: Re: My first Breyer and other newcomers   My first Breyer and other newcomers - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 28, 2017 1:57 pm

LeeAnn wrote:
Congrats! I'd love to have the foal but not keen on the mare - is she bare plastic or basecoated white?

Thank you!
I'm not really sure wit her white scratch it seems to me a bit different for example from white on Toto's leg markings. Also, on the C brandmarking on her leg is something looking like a rub, and it is more shining. And when I look very close to her, I can see a structure of tiny white points, so it's seems to me like she is sprayed in white. I'm sorry, but I can't tell you for sure, as I don't have any other grey/white Breyer to compare. My other most white one is Creamsicle, but she is yellowish, so she can't help me to identify. (But when I look very close to Creamsicle's white areas, they are smooth, no structure). Is there a key or a trick to identify whether is she painted or bare plastic?

Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: My first Breyer and other newcomers   My first Breyer and other newcomers - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 28, 2017 2:02 pm

That's okay! It's hard to tell if you're not really familiar with it - if it's basecoated white the model will have a chalky appearance, very stark, bright white. Bare plastic will look like any of the markings on other models, duller, shinier, and will yellow with time - now it's very bright white but I'm sure you've seen on your older models they're not super bright white anymore Wink

I'm stopping by my dealer today so I'll have to check her out in person!

PostSubject: Re: My first Breyer and other newcomers   My first Breyer and other newcomers - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

My first Breyer and other newcomers
Page 4 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next