Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas
 
Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  

Share | 
 

  2016 Sealife from all brands - Updated December 19

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Kikimalou
Admin
avatar

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE
Age : 52
Joined : 2010-04-01
Posts : 14845

PostSubject: 2016 Sealife from all brands - Updated December 19   Sun Oct 11, 2015 6:38 am

Here is a place to post and discuss all the 2016 Sealife models from all brands. New official Pics will be added on the first post when available. Very Happy

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]



Blainville's beaked whale CollectA
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Blue octopus Safari Ltd
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Bonnethead shark Safari Ltd
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Bowmouth guitarfish Schleich
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Cape penguin Papo
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Dugong CollectA
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Great white shark Safari Ltd
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Megamouth shark Safari Ltd
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Moorish idol Papo
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Narwhal Papo
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Octopus Schleich
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Sawfish Papo
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Spermwhale Papo
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Spermwhale Schleich
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Tiger shark Schleich
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Wandering albatross CollectA
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Sets Schleich

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]


_________________
Christophe
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]


Last edited by Kikimalou on Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:36 pm; edited 13 times in total
Back to top Go down
NightLioness
Moderator
avatar

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.
Age : 26
Joined : 2013-11-04
Posts : 4579

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Sealife from all brands - Updated December 19   Sun Oct 11, 2015 7:53 am

Schleich:
- Guitarfish, interesting specie, but so toyisch I will let is pass.
- Octopus, you give me the shivers....
- Spermwhale, did they forgot to wrinkle the head o.0 I like the old one way better!
- Tiger shark, I seriously have the feeling this is a reused mold from the older one...

_________________
~Karin~
Back to top Go down
http://night-lioness.deviantart.com/
LeeAnn
Moderator
avatar

Country/State : United States
Joined : 2013-01-20
Posts : 10263

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Sealife from all brands - Updated December 19   Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:59 am

Yes! And the topics begin bounce

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] / [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] / [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://mistystarstudios.blogspot.com
Kikimalou
Admin
avatar

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE
Age : 52
Joined : 2010-04-01
Posts : 14845

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Sealife from all brands - Updated December 19   Fri Oct 23, 2015 5:13 am

Safari Ltd Octopus smurfed Laughing

_________________
Christophe
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
scot(t)

avatar

Country/State : USA
Age : 49
Joined : 2012-03-02
Posts : 3001

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Sealife from all brands - Updated December 19   Fri Nov 13, 2015 9:22 pm

My predictions: The sperm whale will be disappointingly small. And the Tiger shark will pale in comparison to CollectA's 2015 version (or 2014?) and even Safari recent effort.

Probably they will also be made out of that weird material that Schleich has used for many of its sea creatures.

I say all this as someone who still loves collecting Schleich figures.
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
avatar

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE
Age : 52
Joined : 2010-04-01
Posts : 14845

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Sealife from all brands - Updated December 19   Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:01 pm

Last CollectA added at last Wink

_________________
Christophe
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
avatar

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.
Age : 65
Joined : 2010-09-30
Posts : 30806

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Sealife from all brands - Updated December 19   Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:14 pm

CollectA brings style to this flock cheers

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] SUSANNE   [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
Kikimalou
Admin
avatar

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE
Age : 52
Joined : 2010-04-01
Posts : 14845

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Sealife from all brands - Updated December 19   Fri Dec 04, 2015 10:10 am

SUSANNE wrote:
CollectA brings style to this flock cheers

And now a few more from Safari Ltd Wink

_________________
Christophe
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
avatar

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.
Age : 65
Joined : 2010-09-30
Posts : 30806

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Sealife from all brands - Updated December 19   Fri Dec 04, 2015 10:31 am

I can't wait to see that Megamouth affraid Very Happy

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] SUSANNE   [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
Roger
Admin
avatar

Country/State : Portugal
Joined : 2010-08-20
Posts : 21781

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Sealife from all brands - Updated December 19   Fri Dec 04, 2015 10:42 am

That's an interesting group of species with lots of nice looking figures. Very Happy

_________________
~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Anne from Norway

avatar

Country/State : Norway
Age : 44
Joined : 2015-11-28
Posts : 572

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Sealife from all brands - Updated December 19   Fri Dec 04, 2015 12:18 pm

Disapointed by the eyes of the Guitarfish, he looks like a character in Finding Nemo!
Back to top Go down
Sergey

avatar

Country/State : S. - Petersburg, Russia
Age : 51
Joined : 2010-09-22
Posts : 2818

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Sealife from all brands - Updated December 19   Fri Dec 04, 2015 12:27 pm

Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
avatar

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE
Age : 52
Joined : 2010-04-01
Posts : 14845

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Sealife from all brands - Updated December 19   Sun Dec 13, 2015 2:02 am

Papo added Very Happy

_________________
Christophe
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
under-water

avatar

Country/State : Greece
Age : 18
Joined : 2015-12-13
Posts : 59

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Sealife from all brands - Updated December 19   Mon Dec 14, 2015 4:42 am

Sealife, my favorite! Thanks for the list. Applause I think you should also add those schleich coral reef sets, they have species that can't be found alone.
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
avatar

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE
Age : 52
Joined : 2010-04-01
Posts : 14845

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Sealife from all brands - Updated December 19   Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:07 am

under-water wrote:
Sealife, my favorite! Thanks for the list.  Applause  I think you should also add those schleich coral reef sets, they have species that can't be found alone.

The job is done Wink

_________________
Christophe
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
under-water

avatar

Country/State : Greece
Age : 18
Joined : 2015-12-13
Posts : 59

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Sealife from all brands - Updated December 19   Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:22 am

Awesome! The map is even more beautiful now Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
avatar

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE
Age : 52
Joined : 2010-04-01
Posts : 14845

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Sealife from all brands - Updated December 19   Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:23 am

I agree cheers

_________________
Christophe
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Florian

avatar

Country/State : Belgium , Plateau de Herve
Age : 20
Joined : 2013-03-30
Posts : 1894

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Sealife from all brands - Updated December 19   Mon Dec 14, 2015 9:57 am

You forget the sperm whale from Papo :)

_________________
My Facebook page : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://atrlacollectiondeflorian.weebly.com/
Kikimalou
Admin
avatar

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE
Age : 52
Joined : 2010-04-01
Posts : 14845

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Sealife from all brands - Updated December 19   Mon Dec 14, 2015 10:08 am

Florian wrote:
You forget the sperm whale from Papo :)

You mean the Schleich Sperm whale from Papo? Laughing I will add it as soon as I will have a decent pic Wink

_________________
Christophe
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
avatar

Country/State : Portugal
Joined : 2010-08-20
Posts : 21781

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Sealife from all brands - Updated December 19   Tue Dec 15, 2015 1:43 am

Last years Papo is clearly bidding in their Sea Life range, it was almost dead some time ago. Very Happy

_________________
~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
avatar

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE
Age : 52
Joined : 2010-04-01
Posts : 14845

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Sealife from all brands - Updated December 19   Tue Dec 15, 2015 9:21 pm

Roger wrote:
Last years Papo is clearly bidding in their Sea Life range, it was almost dead some time ago. Very Happy

Your are right, even if some models are reused ones (Spermwhale for 2016) and even if CollectA and Safari Ltd are still the locomotives Very Happy

_________________
Christophe
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
under-water

avatar

Country/State : Greece
Age : 18
Joined : 2015-12-13
Posts : 59

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Sealife from all brands - Updated December 19   Wed Dec 16, 2015 6:34 am

I saw the guitarfish and I thought it looks like a Finding Nemo character. Then I saw the real thing, and  the real one looks toyish as well Laughing Look at those eyes!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
avatar

Country/State : Portugal
Joined : 2010-08-20
Posts : 21781

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Sealife from all brands - Updated December 19   Wed Dec 16, 2015 6:44 am

That's one of the most interesting sealife releases from Schleich these last years and it is great to know that it is faithful to the real thing. Very Happy

_________________
~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
widukind

avatar

Country/State : Germany
Age : 41
Joined : 2010-12-30
Posts : 26165

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Sealife from all brands - Updated December 19   Wed Dec 16, 2015 8:10 am

Oh, Schleich have a special specie for me, the foxfaced rabbitfish. I think at the moment this fish have no other brand.

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
under-water

avatar

Country/State : Greece
Age : 18
Joined : 2015-12-13
Posts : 59

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Sealife from all brands - Updated December 19   Wed Dec 16, 2015 8:43 am

Oh you mean the small one, part of the set. Yes I like it too. That coral reef set is one of the first things I will order from the 2016 releases. I haven't seen anything similar to these recently from any big company.
Back to top Go down
pipsxlch

avatar

Country/State : US/Florida
Age : 49
Joined : 2015-03-12
Posts : 325

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Sealife from all brands - Updated December 19   Wed Dec 16, 2015 2:00 pm

My daughter is giving me some small Star Wars fish figures for Christmas. A couple of those coral reef sets might make suitable bases for them. I wonder if any local brick-and-mortar stores will carry them?
Back to top Go down
widukind

avatar

Country/State : Germany
Age : 41
Joined : 2010-12-30
Posts : 26165

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Sealife from all brands - Updated December 19   Wed Dec 16, 2015 5:32 pm

under-water wrote:
Oh you mean the small one, part of the set. Yes I like it too. That coral reef set is one of the first things I will order from the 2016 releases. I haven't seen anything similar to these recently from any big company.

Yes, and welcome here :)

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
widukind

avatar

Country/State : Germany
Age : 41
Joined : 2010-12-30
Posts : 26165

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Sealife from all brands - Updated December 19   Wed Dec 16, 2015 5:33 pm

pipsxlch wrote:
My daughter is giving me some small Star Wars fish figures for Christmas. A couple of those coral reef sets might make suitable bases for them. I wonder if any local brick-and-mortar stores will carry them?

If not, you are on STS. So it is not a problem for you to get it :)

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
sbell

avatar

Country/State : Canada
Age : 42
Joined : 2013-11-05
Posts : 987

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Sealife from all brands - Updated December 19   Thu Dec 17, 2015 7:07 am

I am not in love with it, but I'll probably get the eel. And the shark ray ( even though the Safari and several of the Japanese ones are better)

_________________
Looking for animal figures? I have an actual online store, out of Canada! [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I'm also a big freshwater fish-figure fan. Know of anything new and exciting? I need to know as well!
Back to top Go down
http://faunafigures.com/
under-water

avatar

Country/State : Greece
Age : 18
Joined : 2015-12-13
Posts : 59

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Sealife from all brands - Updated December 19   Fri Dec 18, 2015 9:48 am

Schleich just updated their site with the new models Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
avatar

Country/State : Portugal
Joined : 2010-08-20
Posts : 21781

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Sealife from all brands - Updated December 19   Fri Dec 18, 2015 10:44 am

under-water wrote:
Schleich just updated their site with the new models Very Happy

Yes, and it seems our community identifyed correctly all figures including the Chilean flamingo or the African reed frog for instance. I like that Schleich uses the scientific names in the website. Very Happy

_________________
~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
under-water

avatar

Country/State : Greece
Age : 18
Joined : 2015-12-13
Posts : 59

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Sealife from all brands - Updated December 19   Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:14 am

They have done a mistake though. The shark in the set identified as a nurse shark ia actually a wobbegong shark. It's an ex-retired model.
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
avatar

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE
Age : 52
Joined : 2010-04-01
Posts : 14845

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Sealife from all brands - Updated December 19   Fri Dec 18, 2015 9:14 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
Florian wrote:
You forget the sperm whale from Papo :)

You mean the Schleich Sperm whale from Papo? Laughing  I will add it as soon as I will have a decent pic Wink

Papo Spermwhale added with Donhill's great help Very Happy

_________________
Christophe
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Sergey

avatar

Country/State : S. - Petersburg, Russia
Age : 51
Joined : 2010-09-22
Posts : 2818

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Sealife from all brands - Updated December 19   Sat Dec 19, 2015 1:43 am

Kikimalou wrote:
Here is a place to post and discuss all the 2016 Sealife models from all brands. New official Pics will be added on the first post when available. Very Happy


Thank you, thank you Christophe for your GREAT job! Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Wink

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
avatar

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE
Age : 52
Joined : 2010-04-01
Posts : 14845

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Sealife from all brands - Updated December 19   Sun Dec 20, 2015 6:46 pm

My pleasure Sergey Very Happy

_________________
Christophe
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
avatar

Country/State : Portugal
Joined : 2010-08-20
Posts : 21781

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Sealife from all brands - Updated December 19   Thu Dec 31, 2015 3:04 am

Sorry for my ignorance but which species is the blue octopus from Safari? scratch

_________________
~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
sbell

avatar

Country/State : Canada
Age : 42
Joined : 2013-11-05
Posts : 987

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Sealife from all brands - Updated December 19   Thu Dec 31, 2015 3:09 am

Roger wrote:
Sorry for my ignorance but which species is the blue octopus from Safari? scratch

We shoudl see it in-hand soon, but like many Safari models, I don't think they specify the species (which, to me, is their one major flaw). It should be a given that an animal model at least refer tangetnially to its living model organism--or better, include the binomial name, as a reference for education and collectors, and to demonstrate that their models are accurate to the real thing.

_________________
Looking for animal figures? I have an actual online store, out of Canada! [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I'm also a big freshwater fish-figure fan. Know of anything new and exciting? I need to know as well!
Back to top Go down
http://faunafigures.com/
Roger
Admin
avatar

Country/State : Portugal
Joined : 2010-08-20
Posts : 21781

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Sealife from all brands - Updated December 19   Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:03 am

sbell wrote:
Roger wrote:
Sorry for my ignorance but which species is the blue octopus from Safari? scratch

We shoudl see it in-hand soon, but like many Safari models, I don't think they specify the species (which, to me, is their one major flaw). It should be a given that an animal model at least refer tangetnially to its living model organism--or better, include the binomial name, as a reference for education and collectors, and to demonstrate that their models are accurate to the real thing.
I agree completely with you, bringing the figure to the species level doesn't remove in any way its commercial interest and renforce its educational value. Very Happy Most of the major brands doesn't go to the species level, Papo is one of the worst in this regard. CollectA and Mojö on the other hand often identify their species and fortunately Schleich is improving it using the binomial name in their website in figures that are ambiguously identified in their catalogues. Very Happy
I use to think in these large and generic looking octopus figures as giant Pacific octopuses, I may be completely wrong once I haven't researched too much about it and it is just a guess without any knowledge behind. They can change color, is it what Safari wanted to show with this variation? scratch

_________________
~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
sbell

avatar

Country/State : Canada
Age : 42
Joined : 2013-11-05
Posts : 987

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Sealife from all brands - Updated December 19   Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:52 am

Roger wrote:
sbell wrote:
Roger wrote:
Sorry for my ignorance but which species is the blue octopus from Safari? scratch

We shoudl see it in-hand soon, but like many Safari models, I don't think they specify the species (which, to me, is their one major flaw). It should be a given that an animal model at least refer tangetnially to its living model organism--or better, include the binomial name, as a reference for education and collectors, and to demonstrate that their models are accurate to the real thing.
I agree completely with you, bringing the figure to the species level doesn't remove in any way its commercial interest and renforce its educational value. Very Happy Most of the major brands doesn't go to the species level, Papo is one of the worst in this regard. CollectA and Mojö on the other hand often identify their species and fortunately Schleich is improving it using the binomial name in their website in figures that are ambiguously identified in their catalogues. Very Happy
I use to think in these large and generic looking octopus figures as giant Pacific octopuses, I may be completely wrong once I haven't researched too much about it and it is just a guess without any knowledge behind. They can change color, is it what Safari wanted to show with this variation? scratch

I'm pretty sure that most octopus figures are the giant pacific, based on color and shape--but the blue one has some weird horns over the eyes, so it might be something else.

As for Schleich and binomials--if the frogs are any indication, those names are not always helpful!

_________________
Looking for animal figures? I have an actual online store, out of Canada! [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I'm also a big freshwater fish-figure fan. Know of anything new and exciting? I need to know as well!
Back to top Go down
http://faunafigures.com/
Roger
Admin
avatar

Country/State : Portugal
Joined : 2010-08-20
Posts : 21781

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Sealife from all brands - Updated December 19   Thu Dec 31, 2015 9:56 am

sbell wrote:
Roger wrote:
sbell wrote:
Roger wrote:
Sorry for my ignorance but which species is the blue octopus from Safari? scratch

We shoudl see it in-hand soon, but like many Safari models, I don't think they specify the species (which, to me, is their one major flaw). It should be a given that an animal model at least refer tangetnially to its living model organism--or better, include the binomial name, as a reference for education and collectors, and to demonstrate that their models are accurate to the real thing.
I agree completely with you, bringing the figure to the species level doesn't remove in any way its commercial interest and renforce its educational value. Very Happy Most of the major brands doesn't go to the species level, Papo is one of the worst in this regard. CollectA and Mojö on the other hand often identify their species and fortunately Schleich is improving it using the binomial name in their website in figures that are ambiguously identified in their catalogues. Very Happy
I use to think in these large and generic looking octopus figures as giant Pacific octopuses, I may be completely wrong once I haven't researched too much about it and it is just a guess without any knowledge behind. They can change color, is it what Safari wanted to show with this variation? scratch

I'm pretty sure that most octopus figures are the giant pacific, based on color and shape--but the blue one has some weird horns over the eyes, so it might be something else.

As for Schleich and binomials--if the frogs are any indication, those names are not always helpful!

OK, now I'll see if during the midnight new year I'll drink something that could help me finding what is a blue octopus with weird horns. drunken Laughing Thanks for your help anyway! Very Happy

_________________
~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
sbell

avatar

Country/State : Canada
Age : 42
Joined : 2013-11-05
Posts : 987

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Sealife from all brands - Updated December 19   Thu Dec 31, 2015 1:09 pm

I'll admit I haven't looked that hard, but the Caribbean Reef Octopus is greenish. But otherwise doesn't look like that...

_________________
Looking for animal figures? I have an actual online store, out of Canada! [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I'm also a big freshwater fish-figure fan. Know of anything new and exciting? I need to know as well!
Back to top Go down
http://faunafigures.com/
Wilorvise

avatar

Country/State : Michigan, USA
Age : 33
Joined : 2014-08-23
Posts : 2114

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Sealife from all brands - Updated December 19   Thu Dec 31, 2015 2:58 pm

"...but only one genus, the small blue-ringed octopus, is known to be deadly to humans. ". - Amazon.com blurb, credit the tag...

_________________
Laura
Back to top Go down
sbell

avatar

Country/State : Canada
Age : 42
Joined : 2013-11-05
Posts : 987

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Sealife from all brands - Updated December 19   Thu Dec 31, 2015 5:31 pm

Wilorvise wrote:
"...but only one genus, the small blue-ringed octopus, is known to be deadly to humans. ". - Amazon.com blurb, credit the tag...

If that's the case, they missed the mark badly on the figure's pain scheme. Plus, that's not a genus!

_________________
Looking for animal figures? I have an actual online store, out of Canada! [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I'm also a big freshwater fish-figure fan. Know of anything new and exciting? I need to know as well!
Back to top Go down
http://faunafigures.com/
Wilorvise

avatar

Country/State : Michigan, USA
Age : 33
Joined : 2014-08-23
Posts : 2114

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Sealife from all brands - Updated December 19   Thu Dec 31, 2015 5:50 pm

Well....yes, the genus should be written as its Latin name : Hapalochlaena . but I guess they presumed most people would go "what the----?!" And decided the description in English sufficed? Notable lack of rings notwithstanding.

Probably to appeal to those who like blue....

_________________
Laura
Back to top Go down
sbell

avatar

Country/State : Canada
Age : 42
Joined : 2013-11-05
Posts : 987

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Sealife from all brands - Updated December 19   Thu Dec 31, 2015 5:57 pm

Wilorvise wrote:
Well....yes, the genus should be written as its Latin name : Hapalochlaena . but I guess they presumed most people would go "what the----?!" And decided the description in English sufficed? Notable lack of rings notwithstanding.

Probably to appeal to those who like blue....

Especially given the way most octopus can change their colours--why not make a completely, obviously different species.

Or a flamboyant cuttlefish. We need one of those.

_________________
Looking for animal figures? I have an actual online store, out of Canada! [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I'm also a big freshwater fish-figure fan. Know of anything new and exciting? I need to know as well!
Back to top Go down
http://faunafigures.com/
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: 2016 Sealife from all brands - Updated December 19   

Back to top Go down
 
2016 Sealife from all brands - Updated December 19
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Plutonia's art stuffs (updated December 20th)
» Woodworking Crafts 21 (December 2016)
» George Clooney Aficionados News 18 December 2016
» George Clooney Aficionados News 5 December 2016
» George Clooney Aficionados News 11 December 2016

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Animal toy figures reviews and discussions :: General reviews and discussions-
Jump to: