Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

My first 'big' 1:15 model... a Smilodon!

Go down 
+31
smilodoncalifornicus
Yutyrannus
Logan'sArk
Saarlooswolfhound
Taos
john2xtheman
pipsxlch
Saien
Melekh
NightLioness
bjarki12
Ana
Robert
widukind
costicuba
Geospiza fortis
SUSANNE
Roger
Kikimalou
Wilorvise
ulinuk
signatus
LeeAnn
TheLastStardust
MiniZoo
JonasV
Florian
Tarunyada
Bloodrayne
Shanti
DavidP
35 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
Florian

Florian

Country/State : Belgium , Plateau de Herve

My first 'big' 1:15 model... a Smilodon! - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My first 'big' 1:15 model... a Smilodon!   My first 'big' 1:15 model... a Smilodon! - Page 5 EmptyTue Dec 15, 2015 4:31 pm

ulinuk wrote:
Florian wrote:
ulinuk wrote:
Hi friends,

I just wanted to say I didn´t forget to make copies, I am just too busy for now and make them after Christmas.  Surprised

Merry Christmas  cheers rendeer cat rendeer cheers

Do you know better what would be the price for one painted copy? :)

I think it will be 15-20 euro Very Happy

It's great :) Keep us in the news Wink

And Merry Christmas Wink

smilodoncalifornicus

smilodoncalifornicus

Country/State : USA Minnesota

PostSubject: Re: My first 'big' 1:15 model... a Smilodon!   My first 'big' 1:15 model... a Smilodon! - Page 5 EmptyFri Jan 08, 2016 10:59 pm

That is quite impressive.  The saber teeth are perfect and knife like as they were in real life with the perfect curvature.  I LOVE the color and just plain coated like a lion.   It has a very primative
look to it with a excellent head shape.  The stance is also nice with higher front and lower rear quarters.  I think this sculpting has much more scientific accuracy than most mainstream figures of Smilodon.  You did a beautiful job.

Last edited by smilodoncalifornicus on Sun Jan 10, 2016 9:00 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Zelvik

Zelvik

Country/State : czech republic

PostSubject: Re: My first 'big' 1:15 model... a Smilodon!   My first 'big' 1:15 model... a Smilodon! - Page 5 EmptyFri Jan 08, 2016 11:28 pm

Velmi pěkný model, gratulace! Moc se Ti povedl. cheers sunny
Back to top Go down
http://safafariparkpodklicem.wz.cz
A.R.Garcia

A.R.Garcia

Country/State : ND/MN, USA

PostSubject: Re: My first 'big' 1:15 model... a Smilodon!   My first 'big' 1:15 model... a Smilodon! - Page 5 EmptyFri Jan 15, 2016 9:46 pm

How did I miss this for so long? scratch Shocked  I agree with everyone, Karolina, you made a real work of art with this beautiful cat. cheers

scot(t)

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: My first 'big' 1:15 model... a Smilodon!   My first 'big' 1:15 model... a Smilodon! - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 17, 2016 7:56 am

This is gorgeous. I would definitely purchase one of these if it were available. As others have remarked, it's better than any smilodon available by any of the toy companies out there (in my opinion). I quite like the new CollectA model for example, but I'd take this one over it in a nanosecond!

One of my favorite features of this beauty: Its mouth is closed. I love it.
Back to top Go down
signatus

signatus

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: My first 'big' 1:15 model... a Smilodon!   My first 'big' 1:15 model... a Smilodon! - Page 5 EmptyWed Jan 27, 2016 5:38 pm

scot(t) wrote:
This is gorgeous. I would definitely purchase one of these if it were available. As others have remarked, it's better than any smilodon available by any of the toy companies out there (in my opinion). I quite like the new CollectA model for example, but I'd take this one over it in a nanosecond!

One of my favorite features of this beauty: Its mouth is closed. I love it.

Applause Applause Applause

Karolina, What about the casting of this amazing figure? , I need one copy in my collection  !! Very Happy Very Happy cheers

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Likaon - Wildlife Models Shop http://www.likaonmodels.com/
My homemade models : www.signatustudio.com
Back to top Go down
http://signatustudio.com
Mgarat

Mgarat

PostSubject: Re: My first 'big' 1:15 model... a Smilodon!   My first 'big' 1:15 model... a Smilodon! - Page 5 EmptyWed Jan 27, 2016 8:06 pm

How could I miss this post? I also agree with everyone, you really made a magnificent work!!!!

Congratulations!!!

By the way, I don't know why buy I can´t open some pages of this topic....

My Topics on STS / Felidae Family Project (FFP)
My shop in Etsy
Back to top Go down
http://divartsity.weebly.com/
MiniZoo

MiniZoo

Country/State : Australia

PostSubject: Re: My first 'big' 1:15 model... a Smilodon!   My first 'big' 1:15 model... a Smilodon! - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 28, 2016 12:43 pm

I'm so slow on noticing this topic - wonderful work. I quite like 1:15 scale. I really like the view from the front - feels like he's stalking towards me. Very lifelike!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.minizoo.com.au/
Mgarat

Mgarat

PostSubject: Re: My first 'big' 1:15 model... a Smilodon!   My first 'big' 1:15 model... a Smilodon! - Page 5 EmptyFri Jan 29, 2016 5:13 pm

Still having problems to open some pages of this post... No

My Topics on STS / Felidae Family Project (FFP)
My shop in Etsy
Back to top Go down
http://divartsity.weebly.com/
MiniZoo

MiniZoo

Country/State : Australia

PostSubject: Re: My first 'big' 1:15 model... a Smilodon!   My first 'big' 1:15 model... a Smilodon! - Page 5 EmptyFri Jan 29, 2016 11:12 pm

Mgarat wrote:

Hi Mgarat, It's all working for me. Double check that you are logged in to STS and not viewing as a guest. Also try using a different web browser :)

Hope that helps Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.minizoo.com.au/
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: My first 'big' 1:15 model... a Smilodon!   My first 'big' 1:15 model... a Smilodon! - Page 5 EmptySat Jan 30, 2016 1:12 am

MiniZoo wrote:
Mgarat wrote:

Hi Mgarat, It's all working for me. Double check that you are logged in to STS and not viewing as a guest. Also try using a different web browser :)

Hope that helps Smile

Mgarat, everything is also working nicely with me. Probably what you want to see is on page 6. If you have troubles again, please post the link of the page you cannot access. Very Happy

ulinuk

Country/State : Czech republic

PostSubject: Re: My first 'big' 1:15 model... a Smilodon!   My first 'big' 1:15 model... a Smilodon! - Page 5 EmptySun Sep 10, 2017 1:49 pm

After so looooong time I have found some photos I didn´t show you, I am so sorry   silent pale

I had to replace every single photo because of Photobucket  Evil or Very Mad
But I hope now you can see it again an enjoy  cat

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

http://mirukam.webnode.cz/
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: My first 'big' 1:15 model... a Smilodon!   My first 'big' 1:15 model... a Smilodon! - Page 5 EmptySun Sep 10, 2017 3:09 pm

Karolina, I am so happy that you recovered the most part of the pictures of this successful thread. This figure is really a stroke of genius from you and it should be preserved and continued. I am also glad that you added some more pictures. Thanks for recovering this topic and again congratulations for your remarkable talent. cheers

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: My first 'big' 1:15 model... a Smilodon!   My first 'big' 1:15 model... a Smilodon! - Page 5 EmptySun Sep 10, 2017 8:31 pm

cheers cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My first 'big' 1:15 model... a Smilodon!   My first 'big' 1:15 model... a Smilodon! - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

My first 'big' 1:15 model... a Smilodon!
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5