Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  
Very Happy The topic "Animals where you live" won the SUY for December" Very Happy

Share | 

Sbell's recent finds!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
Roger
Admin

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Sbell's recent finds!   Tue Aug 23, 2016 2:04 pm

Yes, it is working very well, Sean! Very Happy

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
It is a lovely model , and I just love mine, because it was one of the first trades I got from a member of this forum . Very Happy
When I got it , I thought it was just a "funny fish", - how wonderful to realize how much I have learned from this forum cheers

Yes, I remember it very well, you very happy with the Monster of the Lake and Mihnea with a Icelandic horse. The topic is [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] flower

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Sbell's recent finds!   Tue Aug 23, 2016 4:07 pm

Ohh, yes ! What happened to Mihnea ? He grew up, I suppose Suspect Laughing
------- fortunately I did not geek lol!

sbell

Country/State : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Sbell's recent finds!   Thu Aug 25, 2016 12:40 am

It's been a good week! And, assuming that I get the photos right...

After 3 years of waiting, I just received 3 handcast models from FaunaCasts, by Malcolm Mlodoch. A fantastic figure maker...but dreadfully slow.

But worth it!

First off--A full scale Ptilodus! This was first created for a diorama in the museum I ran, for a Paleocene scene. Then, I needed another for our hands-on stuff. That didn't happen, but he did send me one!

1[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
2[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Next, some of his real, actually-available models...

A spotted hyena (told you, Roger!). Again, I am the first to have one of these (not sure how many there would be) but he has posted photos of it before.

And a real, one-of-a-kind gem, a short-faced bear, Arcotdus simus

As far as I know, I am the first one to see this finished model, and probably pne of the few that will own one!

(Again, I really hope these photos work. I have put two versions of each up--if you can see only one, please tell me if is is the one marked with a 1 or a 2. Then I will have solved the mystery forever! For now...)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I'm also a big freshwater fish-figure fan. Know of anything new and exciting? I need to know as well!
Back to top Go down
http://faunafigures.com/
Roger
Admin

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Sbell's recent finds!   Thu Aug 25, 2016 1:04 am

Here is your hyena, it is just incredible! cheers Oh, I also love the short-faced bear but the Ptilodus , life-sized, is something phenomenal. 3 years is not so long when the result is this one. Shocked
By the way, I see all pictures, 1 and 2 from all figures. Laughing

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
barracudacat

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Sbell's recent finds!   Thu Aug 25, 2016 4:28 am

These are amazing animals!  The Ptilodus in particular is a stunning piece.  He really does resemble an authentic museum sculpture.  I love the hyena and arctodus simus as well.  I look forward to seeing more of these fascinating prehistoric creatures.
Back to top Go down
sbell

PostSubject: Re: Sbell's recent finds!   Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:54 am

These are amazing animals!  The Ptilodus in particular is a stunning piece.  He really does resemble an authentic museum sculpture.  I love the hyena and arctodus simus as well.  I look forward to seeing more of these fascinating prehistoric creatures.

Well, the original is on display in a museum right now..mine is just the second copy!

The only other I have, from the same source, is a gar of a similar size!

I'm also a big freshwater fish-figure fan. Know of anything new and exciting? I need to know as well!
Back to top Go down
Bloodrayne

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Sbell's recent finds!   Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:03 am

I can see both pictures of the Spotted Hyena.
Of the "Rat"  scratch  and Bear I see only pictures nr. 1.
Congratulations on these beauties.

PostSubject: Re: Sbell's recent finds!   Thu Aug 25, 2016 2:44 pm

Well, it appears that method '1' is most consistent. At least now I know!

Back to top Go down
widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Sbell's recent finds!   Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:18 pm

Wow !!!

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Sbell's recent finds!   Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:45 pm

Quote :
Well, the original is on display in a museum right now..mine is just the second copy!

I remember you said you were a museum owner.  That has to be one of the most exciting jobs I can think of!  I would love to see pictures of your gar too if you have any.  It's actually one of my favorite fish species and I've been searching high and low for one for my own collection.  I'm really glad you were able to acquire another fantastic find such as this one.
Back to top Go down
sbell

PostSubject: Re: Sbell's recent finds!   Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:57 pm

Quote :

I remember you said you were a museum owner.  That has to be one of the most exciting jobs I can think of!  I would love to see pictures of your gar too if you have any.  It's actually one of my favorite fish species and I've been searching high and low for one for my own collection.  I'm really glad you were able to acquire another fantastic find such as this one.

Not to self-promote, but I'm totally going to self-promote!

I have pictures of all of my 'primitive fishes' in this thread [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

It includes all of my gars, including the museum one. And, as I say in there, not quite all of my 'primitives'. I've actually kind of let it get away from me...but I don't think I've missed any gars!

I also do have a few different gar for sale in my online store, all of the Replica Toy fish ones (3" and 6" Alligator and Longnose gars).

Back to top Go down
sbell

PostSubject: Re: Sbell's recent finds!   Fri Nov 11, 2016 6:26 pm

Good news everyone! Thanks to Saarlooswolfhound, I now have the Yowies Pupfish! And it is a great figure!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

And an extra gift--the fennec fox!!

Plus, this week has been extra fishy...

The Polypterus print from artist DW Miller (the file--I'll need to print it properly); a reed fish Erpetoichthys drawing from a friend on Facebook/Twitter; and the Yowies New Zealand Grayling thanks to help from Brett!

Grayling close up:

Back to top Go down
widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Sbell's recent finds!   Fri Nov 11, 2016 7:20 pm

Congratulations, especially for the Yowie Grayling :)

PostSubject: Re: Sbell's recent finds!   Fri Nov 11, 2016 7:21 pm

Congratulations, especially for the Yowie Grayling :)

Thanks, it's a nice little figure. Makes me want the real Yowies series to start up again.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sbell's recent finds!   Today at 11:30 am

Back to top Go down

Sbell's recent finds!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5