Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  

Share | 

Sbell's recent finds!

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Roger
Admin

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Sbell's recent finds!   Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:55 pm

It is nice to know that you enjoyed in Atalanta. Fantastic also that you've found some figures even they're few. Thanks for presenting these salamanders with all that detailed information. The blue-spotted salamander is particularly beautiful! Very Happy We have a [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] on TAI but from 1993 instead. Very Happy

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
sbell

Country/State : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Sbell's recent finds!   Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:32 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Are they soft rubber and large? I have 2 lizards in that kind.

They are fairly soft, although it's difficult to pull them straight. The red is about 26cm long; the other two are about 16cm.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I'm also a big freshwater fish-figure fan. Know of anything new and exciting? I need to know as well!
Back to top Go down
http://faunafigures.com/
sbell

PostSubject: Re: Sbell's recent finds!   Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:09 pm

It is nice to know that you enjoyed in Atalanta. Fantastic also that you've found some figures even they're few. Thanks for presenting these salamanders with all that detailed information. The blue-spotted salamander is particularly beautiful! Very Happy We have a [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] on TAI but from 1993 instead. Very Happy

I was pretty happy to find the Blue-spotted. It doesn't look too off from the real thing!

But as usual, it's the same mold for each, even though they would really have very different shapes.

I'm also a big freshwater fish-figure fan. Know of anything new and exciting? I need to know as well!
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Sbell's recent finds!   Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:20 pm

I was pretty happy to find the Blue-spotted. It doesn't look too off from the real thing!

But as usual, it's the same mold for each, even though they would really have very different shapes.

Laughing That was very common in these days and Wild Republic did it a lot as you know. It looks great, enough recognizable although it is easy to see that the mould is generic and not based in a blue-spotted salamander. I like it and it is just slightly larger than a real one! Very Happy
Well, the traditional question, when you have time, will you provide pictures for TAI? Wink

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
barracudacat

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Sbell's recent finds!   Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:35 pm

Great salamanders, bonytails and pickerels. I hope you are able to find the pike minnow soon. It's really sad to hear that Replica Toy Fish is shutting down, especially since they had some really fantastic figures. I'm really glad to have picked some up when I had the chance and I highly recommend them.

PostSubject: Re: Sbell's recent finds!   Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:43 pm

Laughing That was very common in these days and Wild Republic did it a lot as you know. It looks great, enough recognizable although it is easy to see that the mould is generic and not based in a blue-spotted salamander. I like it and it is just slightly larger than a real one! Very Happy
Well, the traditional question, when you have time, will you provide pictures for TAI? Wink

I can certainly supply them. I have some, just not handy right now.

Great salamanders, bonytails and pickerels. I hope you are able to find the pike minnow soon. It's really sad to hear that Replica Toy Fish is shutting down, especially since they had some really fantastic figures. I'm really glad to have picked some up when I had the chance and I highly recommend them.

Agreed, I really like the line. Hopefully his new line starts up soon. I just stocked up whatever I could for my store, we'll see how they go once they become more rare...premium pricing! Wink

I know that I can find the other Arizona fishes on Alibaba/TaoBao. But not the pikeminnow. Just not sure if I trust it or not. The TaoBao price is much better, but I can't seem to find the lot I want there.

Back to top Go down
barracudacat

PostSubject: Re: Sbell's recent finds!   Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:46 pm

Quote :
Agreed, I really like the line. Hopefully his new line starts up soon. I just stocked up whatever I could for my store, we'll see how they go once they become more rare...premium pricing!

Do you mind if I ask what will be in the new line? I hope it will be more fish species.

I don't know much about TaoBao but I have heard they have a lot of rare figures. I didn't know they had most of the Arizona fishes line as well.

PostSubject: Re: Sbell's recent finds!   Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:28 pm

Quote :
Agreed, I really like the line. Hopefully his new line starts up soon. I just stocked up whatever I could for my store, we'll see how they go once they become more rare...premium pricing!

Do you mind if I ask what will be in the new line?  I hope it will be more fish species.

I don't know much about TaoBao but I have heard they have a lot of rare figures.  I didn't know they had most of the Arizona fishes line as well.

Simeon asked not to say too much--it is indeed all fish, and primarily freshwater. But more worldwide.

They first sets for which I have seen packaging look pretty encouraging--some re-done old favorites (yes, gars...I don't think it's a surprise that he's doing those) and lots of new ones. Lots of inspiration from River Monsters/Monster Fish, lots of sport fish. I did throw in my suggestions, including trying to include some of the smaller non-game type animals like darters and sculpins. But we'll see on that.

Back to top Go down
widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Sbell's recent finds!   Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:01 pm

Quote :

Do you mind if I ask what will be in the new line?  I hope it will be more fish species.

I don't know much about TaoBao but I have heard they have a lot of rare figures.  I didn't know they had most of the Arizona fishes line as well.

Simeon asked not to say too much--it is indeed all fish, and primarily freshwater. But more worldwide.

They first sets for which I have seen packaging look pretty encouraging--some re-done old favorites (yes, gars...I don't think it's a surprise that he's doing those) and lots of new ones. Lots of inspiration from River Monsters/Monster Fish, lots of sport fish. I did throw in my suggestions, including trying to include some of the smaller non-game type animals like darters and sculpins. But we'll see on that.

Please let me know if you have more informations about the saltwater fishes :)

PostSubject: Re: Sbell's recent finds!   Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:52 pm

Quote :

Very nice! I love River Monsters and gars, so this is indeed encouraging. Like you said though, it's great to have smaller species too.

PostSubject: Re: Sbell's recent finds!   Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:50 pm

I've seen his list--there aren't many saltwater fish--a few marine sport fish (but I think they are part of the same set--the fish will be released in tackle box sets all of the same number). There will also be some fish that can be catadromous/anadromous, migratory or brackish (like, for example, alligator gars, which can enter saltwater).

Back to top Go down
widukind

PostSubject: Re: Sbell's recent finds!   Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:48 am

I've seen his list--there aren't many saltwater fish--a few marine sport fish (but I think they are part of the same set--the fish will be released in tackle box sets all of the same number). There will also be some fish that can be catadromous/anadromous, migratory or brackish (like, for example, alligator gars, which can enter saltwater).

Yes, all are interesting for me :)

PostSubject: Fall 2017 update!   Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:06 am

I've been a little quiet, but I've been slowly building in the last few months...Here is the group photo!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

In no particular order:
CollectA Basilosaurus, Excalibosaurus & Prehistoric Marine tube; Safari Marsh&Associates special release Razorback suckers (x2!) and Cave Dwellers toob Crayfish; Hikari Clown Loaches (x2); Phil Farrell Fire eel(!); K&M Red-Backed Salamander; Yowies Freshwater Catfish; PNSO Himalayasaurus; Capsule Aquarium Giant eel; Enoshima Aquarium Japanese soldierfish; DYDO Fangtooth (Ogrefish); Ichimon/NatureTechnicolor Frilled Shark & Indonesian Coelacanth.

And now I can say that I have the full set of Marsh&Associates Arizona fish!

Also, these burbot...they are fishing lures, but other than the tail are pretty much just rubber fish replicas!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

(the larger yellow/brown one is obviously more realistic; the blue is more fanciful)

Back to top Go down
widukind

PostSubject: Re: Sbell's recent finds!   Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:22 am

Wonderful lot!! Congratulations :)

Admin

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Sbell's recent finds!   Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:37 pm

Wonderful, YES cheers

And now you have all the Arizona fishes ...CONGRATULATIONS Applause Very Happy

Tarunyada

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Sbell's recent finds!   Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:14 pm

Those are incredible! Shocked cheers I love them! Very nice finds, congratulations!

Back to top Go down
http://tarunyada.weebly.com/
Dark Pegasus

Country/State : Poland

PostSubject: Re: Sbell's recent finds!   Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:25 am

Oh so many fantastic models! Congratulations!

Back to top Go down
http://darkpegasusstudio.weebly.com/
Roger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Sbell's recent finds!   Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:51 am

Maybe the highlight is that you completed the Safari Arizona fish series that you have found yourself that it existed. Laughing Phil Farrell figure is also very interesting from what I can see.
What about that K&M red-back salamander? I cannot find it on TAI. Could you please take an individual picture of it and point me to the right series it belongs, please? study

Back to top Go down
sbell

PostSubject: Safari 2018! And a 5 year wait ends!   Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:51 am

Well, it took almost 5 years, but Malcolm came through!

Yes, it's 1/40, and as huge as you'd expect! Notice the little Lego Friend mini!

Also, Safari arrived for my store today...so great to see the first batch! Most of which I have added to my collection!

A Cenozoic (or Cainozoic if you're weird) geology fan should get why this sequence is so fantastic!

Dinos on a dinosaur leg...and close up!

It's a big Triceratops!

And...the fish. Elasmobranchs mostly!

Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: Sbell's recent finds!   Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:32 am

sean, what is that large fish?
Back to top Go down
sbell

PostSubject: Re: Sbell's recent finds!   Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:43 am

sean, what is that large fish?

Apparently I forgot to say it's name! It's Leedsichthys!

I cross posted from the DTF, but I'm assuming most people there will know what it is!

Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Sbell's recent finds!   Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:54 am

Yes I found it there after the fact :). Nice one!
Back to top Go down
widukind

PostSubject: Re: Sbell's recent finds!   Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:14 am

What a incredible figurine :)

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Sbell's recent finds!   Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:53 am

Wonderful fish ! Worth waiting for cheers

WOW, Safari has certainly gone prehistoric mammals this year affraid What a delightful photo cheers

Kikimalou
Admin

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Sbell's recent finds!   Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:59 pm

Congratulation Sean Very Happy

Malcolm's Leedsichthys is incredible, I missed this one and I really hope someone will make a hughe one at last, it is a so fantastic fish.

I'm very jealous about the K&M Red-Backed Salamander, if someday you heard about his twins tell me please.

Gwaine

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Sbell's recent finds!   Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:42 pm

Well, it took almost 5 years, but Malcolm came through!

Wow! That beast is truly magnificient!!!!

And I am a bit jelly you already have the Safari's, my fingers are itching for them!

Papo: 43
Safari: 56
Mojo fun: 14
Playmobil: 88
Other: 182
~
schleich count: 854
~
Total: 1381

My DeviantArt: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
My Twitter: @Tezzieh
My Instagram: seemeinshadows
Back to top Go down
http://deanosexual.tumblr.com
Roger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Sbell's recent finds!   Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:02 pm

5 years? No wonder it is so grown up! Laughing
You got some Safari, I see the muskox is not that big, these measurements are probably because of its wonderful skirt. Wink
The triceratops looks fabulous, if I was a collector of dinos, that would surely be my three-horned face. What a Face

Back to top Go down
sbell

PostSubject: Re: Sbell's recent finds!   Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:39 am

5 years? No wonder it is so grown up! Laughing
You got some Safari, I see the muskox is not that big, these measurements are probably because of its wonderful skirt. Wink
The triceratops looks fabulous, if I was a collector of dinos, that would surely be my three-horned face. What a Face

It is a really nice Triceratops--I'm admittedly thinning my own dinosaur herd, but it is very tempting! It is apparently to scale with the 2017 T.rex, which is a pretty nice, massive figure itself!

And that Leedsichthys has really topped off what has turned into a very fishy year for me (my new thing...or really, my oldest thing). And I'm not quite done yet!

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Sbell's recent finds!   Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:29 pm

It is a really nice Triceratops--I'm admittedly thinning my own dinosaur herd, but it is very tempting! It is apparently to scale with the 2017 T.rex, which is a pretty nice, massive figure itself!
t!

I suspect Doug Watson confirmed it. It is a good idea and both triceratops and the feathered Rex are remarkable figures. :)

Back to top Go down
sbell

PostSubject: Re: Sbell's recent finds!   Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:28 pm

Congratulation Sean Very Happy

Malcolm's Leedsichthys is incredible, I missed this one and I really hope someone will make a hughe one at last, it is a so fantastic fish.

I'm very jealous about the K&M Red-Backed Salamander, if someday you heard about his twins tell me please.

Sorry, I missed this--there were a couple of red-backs still at the museum when I got there, but they were gone by the time I left. Not sure how they just sat in a basket that long, and then sold out the day I showed up!

Maybe the highlight is that you completed the Safari Arizona fish series that you have found yourself that it existed. Laughing Phil Farrell figure is also very interesting from what I can see.
What about that K&M red-back salamander? I cannot find it on TAI. Could you please take an individual picture of it and point me to the right series it belongs, please? study

And speaking of which...sorry I didn't reply sooner Roger!

The red-back is part of the 'small' salamanders series (same as the blue).

Here is an individual photo:

Back to top Go down
widukind

PostSubject: Re: Sbell's recent finds!   Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:16 pm

Nice figure

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Sbell's recent finds!   Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:50 am

Thanks Sean, now it is on [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and it is the first of its species! Very Happy

Back to top Go down
sbell

PostSubject: Re: Sbell's recent finds!   Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:45 pm

[quote="Roger"]

Thanks Sean, now it is on [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and it is the first of its species! Very Happy

To be fair, it's not a great example of the species...it should be a much thinner specimen. But I'm still happy to have it!

Back to top Go down
sbell

PostSubject: New fish--need IDs! And customs!   Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:49 am

So to end 2017, I cam across one more thing!

At a Dollar Tree, no less! Obviously some of these are yet another batch of reissued Prior (the 'bala' shark, the crab)--but some aren't (that seahorse is different, for example)

Overall, not too much to speak of--except I found yet another Climatius!

I've now got quite the school of these...!

But there are a couple others that I could use a hand with species ID's on--I'm not much for typical fish, especially marine ones.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

And then, because I wanted the species and they don't exist (yet?) I took some sub-standard Replica Toy Fish figures (they were less-than perfect condition) and turned them into new species!

First, a V1 (unreleased) brook trout (looks more like a Splake to me) became a Bull trout (I hadn't noticed until I was painting that the brook trout dorsal fin is totally wrong...but I did at least smooth away the spines from the adipose fin):

Original:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

And a northern pike beacame an Amur pike! Which, to me, should be called a dalmation pike. They are white or grey with black spots and blotches! And after the fact, I realized that the proportions of one of the muskellunge figures would have been better...oh well.
Original:

Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Sbell's recent finds!   Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:33 am

I've gotten some amazing figures from dollar stores, including my first figure of a sheep ked!!! I'll take any of these generic crabs you don't want (unless you are being a completists with these kinds of sets ;-)
Back to top Go down
halichoeres

Country/State : Illinois, USA

PostSubject: Re: Sbell's recent finds!   Sun Dec 31, 2017 7:29 am

Is that Climatius stamped "Greenbrier International?"
Back to top Go down
widukind

PostSubject: Re: Sbell's recent finds!   Sun Dec 31, 2017 2:45 pm

Very interesting catches :)

PostSubject: Re: Sbell's recent finds!   Sun Dec 31, 2017 4:24 pm

I've gotten some amazing figures from dollar stores, including my first figure of a sheep ked!!! I'll take any of these generic crabs you don't want (unless you are being a completists with these kinds of sets ;-)

I have had a few lucky finds in Dollar Stores as well--although I'm finding that as the stores become more homogenous, they became less interesting.

I would certainly be happy to send you the crab, I have no need for it (or most of the figures). But it would cost a lot more to mail to you than the figure is worth! Basic parcel would be about $12! It is not worth that much...and it's too bulky to fit in a 'letter'. But I'll hold onto it in case I ever have other things to send.

It is indeed. But it is the only one with that stamp--is it meaningful?

Another funny thing is that I have other figures from the same mold--the grey ones have no markings at all, and the pink one is marked "Hong Kong". This one has a whole lot of markings--and is labelled China! So someone has altered the molds just a little!

Back to top Go down
halichoeres

PostSubject: Re: Sbell's recent finds!   Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:06 am

Another funny thing is that I have other figures from the same mold--the grey ones have no markings at all, and the pink one is marked "Hong Kong". This one has a whole lot of markings--and is labelled China! So someone has altered the molds just a little!

I don't know if it's meaningful. The only other place I've seen that name is on a small cheap sauropod, which was also stamped with some suburb of Norfolk, Virginia or other, maybe Hampton or Newport News. I imagine they're headquartered there and do all their manufacturing in China like everyone else.
Back to top Go down
sbell

PostSubject: Re: Sbell's recent finds!   Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:08 am

I don't know if it's meaningful. The only other place I've seen that name is on a small cheap sauropod, which was also stamped with some suburb of Norfolk, Virginia or other, maybe Hampton or Newport News. I imagine they're headquartered there and do all their manufacturing in China like everyone else.

They appear to make fairly random plastic stuff...but all of the figures have different markings.

So...any idea on those 2 mystery fish? I can't place either one.

Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Sbell's recent finds!   Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:15 am

I had proposed mahi mahi for the green one on ATF, but the wrasse might be a better option. The red one looks like a crude grouper of sorts
Back to top Go down
sbell

PostSubject: Re: Sbell's recent finds!   Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:49 am

I had proposed mahi mahi for the green one on ATF, but the wrasse might be a better option. The red one looks like a crude grouper of sorts

The problem with being a wrasse is the tail...it's heavily forked in the figure.

Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Sbell's recent finds!   Mon Jan 01, 2018 3:21 am

The problem with being a wrasse is the tail...it's heavily forked in the figure.

Personally I'm still voting for mahi mahi lol
Back to top Go down
halichoeres

PostSubject: Re: Sbell's recent finds!   Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:18 pm

Those are both pretty crude. I think mahi-mahi is the best guess on the green one, as inaccurate as it is. The red one looks like it might have been an attempt at a carp, but it's not ringing any bells very loudly.
Back to top Go down
sbell

PostSubject: Re: Sbell's recent finds!   Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:02 pm

Those are both pretty crude. I think mahi-mahi is the best guess on the green one, as inaccurate as it is. The red one looks like it might have been an attempt at a carp, but it's not ringing any bells very loudly.

That's kind of what I thought. Oh well. I bought it for the acanthodiian (and the barracuda). The rest will probably just get tossed/donated or something.

Back to top Go down
sbell

PostSubject: New DeAgostini/Diramix   Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:56 am

So thanks to Tim (Halichoeres) I was able to get some of my top didn't-think-I'd-finds!

From the Mostri di Fiume set, the 'gator gar, sturgeon and paddlefish; and from the Piranha & Co, an eel. They label it 'Electric eel' but there is no way...it has a dorsal fin, big eyes and lips! I am thinking some kind of freshwater eel, and given the size, I'm going with New Zealand Longfin because I want to!

Now to track down some others!

Back to top Go down
widukind

PostSubject: Re: Sbell's recent finds!   Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:39 am

Congratulations for you and a hurray for Tim :)

PostSubject: Re: Sbell's recent finds!   Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:48 pm

Congratulations for you and a hurray for Tim :)

Thanks! I was pretty amazed when I got the email--I didn't think I'd ever actually get these guys! There are of course a few others I'd like, but these were at the top of my list!

Back to top Go down
halichoeres

PostSubject: Re: Sbell's recent finds!   Wed Apr 04, 2018 4:30 pm

Beats paying $20 a pop from Italy, for sure...
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Sbell's recent finds!   Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:27 pm

HURRAAAY !!! Nothing like finding something you didn't think you would ever get cheers

And they are fantastic models, even if - like most brands - they don't know much about species Wink

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sbell's recent finds!   

Back to top Go down

Sbell's recent finds!
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next