Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  

Share | 

Sbell's recent finds!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
AuthorMessage
Roger
Admin

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Sbell's recent finds!   Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:55 pm

It is nice to know that you enjoyed in Atalanta. Fantastic also that you've found some figures even they're few. Thanks for presenting these salamanders with all that detailed information. The blue-spotted salamander is particularly beautiful! Very Happy We have a [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] on TAI but from 1993 instead. Very Happy

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
sbell

Country/State : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Sbell's recent finds!   Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:32 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Are they soft rubber and large? I have 2 lizards in that kind.

They are fairly soft, although it's difficult to pull them straight. The red is about 26cm long; the other two are about 16cm.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I'm also a big freshwater fish-figure fan. Know of anything new and exciting? I need to know as well!
Back to top Go down
http://faunafigures.com/
sbell

PostSubject: Re: Sbell's recent finds!   Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:09 pm

It is nice to know that you enjoyed in Atalanta. Fantastic also that you've found some figures even they're few. Thanks for presenting these salamanders with all that detailed information. The blue-spotted salamander is particularly beautiful! Very Happy We have a [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] on TAI but from 1993 instead. Very Happy

I was pretty happy to find the Blue-spotted. It doesn't look too off from the real thing!

But as usual, it's the same mold for each, even though they would really have very different shapes.

I'm also a big freshwater fish-figure fan. Know of anything new and exciting? I need to know as well!
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Sbell's recent finds!   Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:20 pm

I was pretty happy to find the Blue-spotted. It doesn't look too off from the real thing!

But as usual, it's the same mold for each, even though they would really have very different shapes.

Laughing That was very common in these days and Wild Republic did it a lot as you know. It looks great, enough recognizable although it is easy to see that the mould is generic and not based in a blue-spotted salamander. I like it and it is just slightly larger than a real one! Very Happy
Well, the traditional question, when you have time, will you provide pictures for TAI? Wink

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
barracudacat

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Sbell's recent finds!   Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:35 pm

Great salamanders, bonytails and pickerels. I hope you are able to find the pike minnow soon. It's really sad to hear that Replica Toy Fish is shutting down, especially since they had some really fantastic figures. I'm really glad to have picked some up when I had the chance and I highly recommend them.

Back to top Go down
sbell

PostSubject: Re: Sbell's recent finds!   Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:43 pm

Laughing That was very common in these days and Wild Republic did it a lot as you know. It looks great, enough recognizable although it is easy to see that the mould is generic and not based in a blue-spotted salamander. I like it and it is just slightly larger than a real one! Very Happy
Well, the traditional question, when you have time, will you provide pictures for TAI? Wink

I can certainly supply them. I have some, just not handy right now.

Great salamanders, bonytails and pickerels. I hope you are able to find the pike minnow soon. It's really sad to hear that Replica Toy Fish is shutting down, especially since they had some really fantastic figures. I'm really glad to have picked some up when I had the chance and I highly recommend them.

Agreed, I really like the line. Hopefully his new line starts up soon. I just stocked up whatever I could for my store, we'll see how they go once they become more rare...premium pricing! Wink

I know that I can find the other Arizona fishes on Alibaba/TaoBao. But not the pikeminnow. Just not sure if I trust it or not. The TaoBao price is much better, but I can't seem to find the lot I want there.

Back to top Go down
barracudacat

PostSubject: Re: Sbell's recent finds!   Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:46 pm

Quote :
Agreed, I really like the line. Hopefully his new line starts up soon. I just stocked up whatever I could for my store, we'll see how they go once they become more rare...premium pricing!

Do you mind if I ask what will be in the new line? I hope it will be more fish species.

I don't know much about TaoBao but I have heard they have a lot of rare figures. I didn't know they had most of the Arizona fishes line as well.

Back to top Go down
sbell

PostSubject: Re: Sbell's recent finds!   Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:28 pm

Quote :
Agreed, I really like the line. Hopefully his new line starts up soon. I just stocked up whatever I could for my store, we'll see how they go once they become more rare...premium pricing!

Do you mind if I ask what will be in the new line?  I hope it will be more fish species.

I don't know much about TaoBao but I have heard they have a lot of rare figures.  I didn't know they had most of the Arizona fishes line as well.

Simeon asked not to say too much--it is indeed all fish, and primarily freshwater. But more worldwide.

They first sets for which I have seen packaging look pretty encouraging--some re-done old favorites (yes, gars...I don't think it's a surprise that he's doing those) and lots of new ones. Lots of inspiration from River Monsters/Monster Fish, lots of sport fish. I did throw in my suggestions, including trying to include some of the smaller non-game type animals like darters and sculpins. But we'll see on that.

Back to top Go down
widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Sbell's recent finds!   Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:01 pm

Quote :

Do you mind if I ask what will be in the new line?  I hope it will be more fish species.

I don't know much about TaoBao but I have heard they have a lot of rare figures.  I didn't know they had most of the Arizona fishes line as well.

Simeon asked not to say too much--it is indeed all fish, and primarily freshwater. But more worldwide.

They first sets for which I have seen packaging look pretty encouraging--some re-done old favorites (yes, gars...I don't think it's a surprise that he's doing those) and lots of new ones. Lots of inspiration from River Monsters/Monster Fish, lots of sport fish. I did throw in my suggestions, including trying to include some of the smaller non-game type animals like darters and sculpins. But we'll see on that.

Please let me know if you have more informations about the saltwater fishes :)

PostSubject: Re: Sbell's recent finds!   Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:52 pm

Quote :

Very nice! I love River Monsters and gars, so this is indeed encouraging. Like you said though, it's great to have smaller species too.
Back to top Go down
sbell

PostSubject: Re: Sbell's recent finds!   Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:50 pm

I've seen his list--there aren't many saltwater fish--a few marine sport fish (but I think they are part of the same set--the fish will be released in tackle box sets all of the same number). There will also be some fish that can be catadromous/anadromous, migratory or brackish (like, for example, alligator gars, which can enter saltwater).

Back to top Go down
widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Sbell's recent finds!   Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:48 am

I've seen his list--there aren't many saltwater fish--a few marine sport fish (but I think they are part of the same set--the fish will be released in tackle box sets all of the same number). There will also be some fish that can be catadromous/anadromous, migratory or brackish (like, for example, alligator gars, which can enter saltwater).

Yes, all are interesting for me :)

PostSubject: Re: Sbell's recent finds!   

Back to top Go down

Sbell's recent finds!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 7 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7