Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Epoch Steller's sea eagle: A walkaround by Kikimalou

Go down 
+5
Wilorvise
ken yeo
widukind
Kikimalou
SUSANNE
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

Epoch Steller's sea eagle: A walkaround by Kikimalou Empty
PostSubject: Epoch Steller's sea eagle: A walkaround by Kikimalou   Epoch Steller's sea eagle: A walkaround by Kikimalou EmptySat Oct 31, 2015 7:49 am

Steller's sea eagle (Haliaeetus pelagicus) is one of the largest raptors, with Harpy eagle and Philippine eagle. It is found in coastal northeastern Asia and mainly preys on fish and water birds.

The mature Steller's sea eagle is dark brown to black over the majority of its body, with strongly contrasting white on the lesser and median upper-wing coverts, underwing coverts, thighs, under-tail coverts and tail. The eyes, the bill, and the feet of adults are all yellow in colouration.

This species is classified as vulnerable by the IUCN and is classified as a National Treasure in Japan and mostly occurring in protected areas in Russia.

The model I want to show you was made by the Epoch company in the 2000’s. It was part of a ”Birds of Prey” set together with an Egyptian vulture, a Northern Goshawk, a Golden eagle, a Crested Serpent Eagle and a Steller's Sea Eagle with fish as secret.

This one is the ”without fish” regular one.  Wink

Pic? Here we go  cheers

Epoch Steller's sea eagle: A walkaround by Kikimalou Epoch_Stellers_Sea_Eagle_1

Epoch Steller's sea eagle: A walkaround by Kikimalou Epoch_Stellers_Sea_Eagle_2

Epoch Steller's sea eagle: A walkaround by Kikimalou Epoch_Stellers_Sea_Eagle_3

Epoch Steller's sea eagle: A walkaround by Kikimalou Epoch_Stellers_Sea_Eagle_4

Epoch Steller's sea eagle: A walkaround by Kikimalou Epoch_Stellers_Sea_Eagle_5

Epoch Steller's sea eagle: A walkaround by Kikimalou Epoch_Stellers_Sea_Eagle_6

Epoch Steller's sea eagle: A walkaround by Kikimalou Epoch_Stellers_Sea_Eagle_7

Epoch Steller's sea eagle: A walkaround by Kikimalou Epoch_Stellers_Sea_Eagle_8

Last edited by Kikimalou on Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Epoch Steller's sea eagle: A walkaround by Kikimalou   Epoch Steller's sea eagle: A walkaround by Kikimalou EmptySat Oct 31, 2015 9:04 am

What a beautyful bird !!!! Thankyou for these great pictures cheers

Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Epoch Steller's sea eagle: A walkaround by Kikimalou   Epoch Steller's sea eagle: A walkaround by Kikimalou EmptySat Oct 31, 2015 9:50 am

You're welcome Susanne Very Happy
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Epoch Steller's sea eagle: A walkaround by Kikimalou   Epoch Steller's sea eagle: A walkaround by Kikimalou EmptySat Oct 31, 2015 10:19 am

A wonderful bird, Susanne is right. :)

STS members can merge Very Happy

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Epoch Steller's sea eagle: A walkaround by Kikimalou   Epoch Steller's sea eagle: A walkaround by Kikimalou EmptySun Nov 01, 2015 1:50 am

Thank you Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
ken yeo

ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Epoch Steller's sea eagle: A walkaround by Kikimalou   Epoch Steller's sea eagle: A walkaround by Kikimalou EmptySun Nov 01, 2015 12:25 pm

Beautiful eagle! Is there one more from epoch? OH btw, what camera are you using now?

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Epoch Steller's sea eagle: A walkaround by Kikimalou   Epoch Steller's sea eagle: A walkaround by Kikimalou EmptySun Nov 01, 2015 3:29 pm

Thanks to you I am the proud owner of two wonderful birds of that series! cheers
This eagle is surely one more treasure from the Epoch collection. Without comparing with real animal pictures we are tempted to think that colors are too contrasting or bright but in real it is not very different from the figure. It is also a very interesting species, atrue extant dinosaur!

Wilorvise

Country/State : Colorado, USA

PostSubject: Re: Epoch Steller's sea eagle: A walkaround by Kikimalou   Epoch Steller's sea eagle: A walkaround by Kikimalou EmptySun Nov 01, 2015 4:29 pm

Very nice as per usual.

NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: Epoch Steller's sea eagle: A walkaround by Kikimalou   Epoch Steller's sea eagle: A walkaround by Kikimalou EmptySun Nov 01, 2015 4:45 pm

Beautiful strong bird, thank you for the walkaround Very Happy

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Epoch Steller's sea eagle: A walkaround by Kikimalou   Epoch Steller's sea eagle: A walkaround by Kikimalou EmptySun Nov 01, 2015 7:50 pm

thank you Ken, Rogério, laura and Karin. I'm glad your enjoyed this topic  Very Happy  

@ Ken yeo: They are 6 birds in this series and two of them are Steller's sea eagle, the other one has the same pose with a fish under the claws.the other species are an Egyptian vulture, a Northern Goshawk, a Golden eagle and a Crested Serpent Eagle.

About my camera, I let die my old Nikon D70S and I bought maybe two years ago a Panasonic Lumix G . I hope I will save enough money to buy the Leica45mm Macro to used it for my walkarounds  drunken .   scratch  Why are you asking?  Very Happy

@Roger: Do you mean the pics are too contrasted or the model? Very Happy

Last edited by Kikimalou on Sun Nov 01, 2015 9:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
75senta75

75senta75

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Epoch Steller's sea eagle: A walkaround by Kikimalou   Epoch Steller's sea eagle: A walkaround by Kikimalou EmptySun Nov 01, 2015 8:57 pm

What should I say - So nice photos as every time! Thanks for showing Christophe!

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: Epoch Steller's sea eagle: A walkaround by Kikimalou   Epoch Steller's sea eagle: A walkaround by Kikimalou EmptySun Nov 01, 2015 9:01 pm

Very Happy Applause cheers Wink
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Epoch Steller's sea eagle: A walkaround by Kikimalou   Epoch Steller's sea eagle: A walkaround by Kikimalou EmptySun Nov 01, 2015 9:13 pm

Kikimalou wrote:

Pics are perfect! I was only tempted to think that the painting of the figure was excessively contrasted but, your comment and some observation of pictures of real Steller sea eagles, helped me to see that it is correct actually. :)

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Epoch Steller's sea eagle: A walkaround by Kikimalou   Epoch Steller's sea eagle: A walkaround by Kikimalou EmptySun Nov 01, 2015 9:20 pm

Thank you Yvette and Jean-Luc Very Happy

@Roger: Indeed Very Happy That's why I'm not a big fan of the Eikoh one, the colors are too smooth.
Back to top Go down
ken yeo

ken yeo

PostSubject: Re: Epoch Steller's sea eagle: A walkaround by Kikimalou   Epoch Steller's sea eagle: A walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyTue Nov 03, 2015 2:45 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
thank you Ken, Rogério, laura and Karin. I'm glad your enjoyed this topic  Very Happy  

@ Ken yeo: They are 6 birds in this series and two of them are Steller's sea eagle, the other one has the same pose with a fish under the claws.the other species are an Egyptian vulture, a Northern Goshawk, a Golden eagle and a Crested Serpent Eagle.

About my camera, I let die my old Nikon D70S and I bought maybe two years ago a Panasonic Lumix G . I hope I will save enough money to buy the Leica45mm Macro to used it for my walkarounds  drunken .   scratch  Why are you asking?  Very Happy

I realised that your picture becoming more sharpen than before. I also came to know when a digital camera used more than 3 years the sensor pixel turned weak.

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Epoch Steller's sea eagle: A walkaround by Kikimalou   Epoch Steller's sea eagle: A walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyTue Nov 03, 2015 4:31 pm

the D70S problem wasn't the sensor but the memory, it lost a lot of pics What a Face  Nevertheless nowadays sensors are much more powerful Wink

Do you think they are too sharp?

Last edited by Kikimalou on Wed Nov 04, 2015 7:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ken yeo

ken yeo

PostSubject: Re: Epoch Steller's sea eagle: A walkaround by Kikimalou   Epoch Steller's sea eagle: A walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyWed Nov 04, 2015 6:34 am

Kikimalou wrote:
the D70S problem wasn't the sensor but the memory, it lost a lot of pics What a Face  Nevertheless nowadays sensors are much more powerful Wink

Do you think they are too sharp?

I think this is good! lol!

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Epoch Steller's sea eagle: A walkaround by Kikimalou   Epoch Steller's sea eagle: A walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyWed Nov 04, 2015 7:17 am

Great cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Epoch Steller's sea eagle: A walkaround by Kikimalou   Epoch Steller's sea eagle: A walkaround by Kikimalou Empty

Back to top Go down

Epoch Steller's sea eagle: A walkaround by Kikimalou
Page 1 of 1